[Drama 2011] Indomitable Daughters-in-Law 불굴의 며느리

Guest C51236

Guest shondrea2

I absolutely love this part especially when SW says never letting go of my hand. In the drama Que Sera Sera there is a song called Two Hands. By Kang Hyun Min. I wish I knew how to add link to the song with eng subs. If anyone is interest in hearing or adding it here PLEASE DO!!! it is so fitting for the way SW is feeling . I know that Dramabeans ep 11 have eng translations. and it could also be here in the forum . I would have to say that Que Sera Sera is a wonderful drama maybe not for everyone, but I absolutely love it !! The soundtrack is great. You can find the drama at Dramacrazy and Mysujo.

I went back and checked and Dramacrazy ep 11 have the video with eng translation.  I really need to try and learn korean most of the dramas has beautiful OST.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess that's because Korean is a very small country, compared to the U.S.  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!   (I've been waiting for someone to open the door so that I can make that crazy statement.)  :w00t:

However, are you familiar with this theory? http://whatis.techta...i932596,00.html

Based on this theory, k-drama's coincidences may not be as far-fetched as one thinks, especially given the homogeneity and size of the nation.   :phew:

Six degrees of separation is that also the same reason that everyone in the poor family also works for the rich family.

thanks again to Daracy for the recaps

:)

ya, me too, am stumped by her motive...

what I gathers from the c-sub is her dad's firm is already taken over by another company, so whatever she does now is not going to reverse the fate of the company and filing a divorce, waiting for it to take effect, getting the settlement, etc is going to take a long long time... unless she's planning to use the ill-gotten money on rebuilting/buy-back the company for her parents, which still seems kinda far fetched at this juncture.

it was never mentioned whether JW+SR's marriage was arranged or for convenience ($$)

still, I'd have expected them to go through some form of courtship before settling down, so why the dislike/hatred from SR?

it's not as if she doesn't know what she's getting into...

even though she'd gone through 3 miscarriages, there's no reason for her to take it out on his family.

I thought that it was mentioned in earlier episodes that SR family was richer and had a better background, and that JW family was in financial trouble. After SR could not have a baby and her family needed financial help the mother turned nasty towards her and the father refused to give her family financial support. The mother got really nasty about the money also, and of course JW never spoke up for her or defended her. So, she wants money but she also wants revenge. If only she knew MJ secret.

Six degrees of separation is that also the same reason that everyone in the poor family also works for the rich family.

Yep.  Now, you've caught on!   HAHAHAHA!  :w00t:  When I first started watching k-dramas and there were so many coincidences, my first thought was that the dramas have just provided empirical proof of the 6-degrees of separation model.  If only the theorist(s) knew about k-dramas...   hee, hee.

I thought that it was mentioned in earlier episodes that SR family was richer and had a better background, and that JW family was in financial trouble. After SR could not have a baby and her family needed financial help the mother turned nasty towards her and the father refused to give her family financial support. The mother got really nasty about the money also, and of course JW never spoke up for her or defended her. So, she wants money but she also wants revenge. If only she knew MJ secret.

hi IBELIS,

thanks for filling that in, I must have overlooked it.

I do remember SW's dad saying there isn't much they can help (something about wasting good $$$ to save a sinking ship).

JW is trying so hard to save the marriage, and in earlier episode, he even took trouble to plan a nice outing with SR just so he can bring up the topic of adoption, but here she is, plotting against his family, it's like sleeping with the enemy. :wacko:

Things are going to get worst for poor JW who's already not in his dad's good book.

In addition, it isn't fair for SR to drag HW, (a classmate, a friend, a married woman with a child) into this mess.

SR is not just scheming, she's utterly selfish too.

btw, the necklace which SW gave to YS is the same necklace which she recommended to a client who called to seek ideas for a proposal gift, which our attentive SW took note of, how sweet.

:wub:

are we going to see another love triangle? this time YJ==> SW==> YS ?

Sheesh ... In ep. 34, SR is making her next move.  She put twin beds in their bedroom, which precipitated  an argument with JW.  And, she'll allege the affair as the reason for the separate beds.  -_-

Lots of conversation between SW and YS.  Most of which doesn't look too happy.  YJ finally revealed that she knows SW to YS and the family.  Grandma, happily, must have said something about SW and YJ, who termed it ridiculous, but, didn't appear to be totally displeased.   During all of which, YS has been totally silent, which was noticed by GS.  :o

It seems like the potential love triangles will be between sisters-in-law.  One triangle with Mr. Coffee, GS and HJ.  And, the second triangle with SW, YS and YJ.  ???  :huh: 

So, does husband-stealer vixen plan on picking up the spoils, i.e. SW?  On the assumption that YS and YJ will both back away, out of consideration for each other? -_-

And, I still don't get why the Father is so anti-JW and favors SW so much.  Of course, that will change, as soon as SW reveals that he's in love in YS.  I wonder if JW is from the mother's first marriage and isn't his bio-son.  And, the reason that he married SW's mother was because she had money.  Money that she had taken from HJ's family????   :o-_-

And, I still don't get why the Father is so anti-JW and favors SW so much.  Of course, that will change, as soon as SW reveals that he's in love in YS.  I wonder if JW is from the mother's first marriage and isn't his bio-son.  And, the reason that he married SW's mother was because she had money.  Money that she had taken from HJ's family????   :o-_-

AuntieMame I'm with you I don't understand why the father is so hard on JW, but your premise makes sense, I also thought that SR and HW were rivals in school, and that HW was everyone's favorite that's why she wanted to use her as the bait for her husband. To settle old high school grudges. 

Can't wait for more recaps from DarcyCollie and Bimbibap. Lots of conversation bet6ween YS and SW.

Gosh in ep.34, YS is mad as a hornet, I wonder if SW will be able to get back on track with her. Oh well,

crossing my fingers that YS won't stay angry at SW for too long!!

Can't wait for more recaps from DarcyCollie and Bimbibap.  Lots of conversation bet6ween YS and SW.

Gosh in ep.34, YS is mad as a hornet, I wonder if SW will be able to get back on track with her.  Oh well,

crossing my fingers that YS won't stay angry at SW for too long!!

. . . and sweetkiss, who also gave us a whole lot of tidbits!  :D  I'm hoping that, eventually, someone will have some free time to rescue us.  :D

Guest fkamkar49

. . . and sweetkiss, who also gave us a whole lot of tidbits!  :D  I'm hoping that, eventually, someone will have some free time to rescue us.  :D

I can not see where this drama is heading, are they showing all the love and care for the women in the family so later on they can give us some real hate and jealousy?

How the two sisters are trying to hide the pregnancy? and why? everyone will find out soon enough...or they are planning to have the baby and give it away?

How some pictures of the husband driving in a car or talking or holding another women proves that he is cheating? as far as I know that does not hold any ground in any court of law.

Am I wrong?

I can not see where this drama is heading, are they showing all the love and care for the women in the family so later on they can give us some real hate and jealousy?

How the two sisters are trying to hide the pregnancy? and why? everyone will find out soon enough...or they are planning to have the baby and give it away?

How some pictures of the husband driving in a car or talking or holding another women proves that he is cheating? as far as I know that does not hold any ground in any court of law.

Am I wrong?

Hiding the pregnancy is a bit crazy because sooner or later, it'll be evident.  :wacko:

I think the pictures wouldn't be used in  a court of law.  Rather, I think she will use them as bargaining chips to get everything she wants.  She's gambling that the father will not want those pictures to be made public and buy her off.  Even if there was no affair, if those pictures are on the internet or publish, everyone will believe that there was an affair.  :phew:

BTW, I forgot to mention that the decor in his office is a real hodge-podge.  Why would anyone need a small globe on his desk and a big globe, on a stand, by his bookcase.  But, the piece de resistance is a replica of the Liberty Bell on his desk.  :lol:  :wacko:

Guest bimbibap

Ha! Ha! Globes all around

Either it was fung-shui purposes or he was really big on GLOBE-BAL domination for the Home Shopping business.

Oh dear ... they have a five year old child trying to keep adults' secret. A really tall order

Really loved Shin Woo's call at the end (Ep. 34) as a caller with the upset girlfriend ... he has not given up yet

Ha! Ha! Globes all around

Either it was fung-shui purposes or he was really big on GLOBE-BAL domination for the Home Shopping business.

Oh dear ... they have a five year old child trying to keep adults' secret. A really tall order

Really loved Shin Woo's call at the end (Ep. 34) as a caller with the upset girlfriend ... he has not given up yet

Maybe, the globes were duds on the Home Shopping channel because no one bought any.  So, the warehouse was full of them.  And, when they received the work order to decorate his new office, they had the brilliant idea of how and where to ditch the globes, plus any other stale junk they had lying around.  :P

Oh!  Is that what the call was about?!  I knew that YS kept trying to explain to the caller that they were the call center for Home Shopping.  I guess SW was trying to ask love-lorn advice just like in the "Dear Abby" advice columns.  :lol:

Work is getting in the way of my fun and so I'm a little behind in the episodes, but here are some scenes from episode 33 (and I'll definitely have to pay attention to the office decor in ep 34):

YS: I'm not a woman that suits you.

SW: That's alright. All you have to do is trust me and follow me, never letting go of my hand.

(Yes, a kiss, but it must be quite difficult to hold that pose for so long without moving a single muscle :phew: ).

YS does close her eyes and continues to have them closed after the kiss ends.

SW: You can breathe now. (Taking out the necklace) This is the necklace that you suggested to the customer who was planning to propose. Actually, I wanted to get you something even nicer, but (I got you this) because you liked it.

YS: How did you hear that story?

SW: No matter how quietly it's spoken, I can hear everything that you say.

(Returning to their rooms)

SW: You must be tired. Have a restful sleep. Keep the door tightly closed or else the mosquitoes will get in. Young Shim, sleep well.

In her room, she recollects the following events and coming to some sort of a conclusion:

1) SW's words about trusting him and following him, about the necklace and about hearing everything that she says.

2) Her husband telling her that it's been a while since he's looked at her as a woman and that there is no joy in living with her.

3) Her grandmother-in-law telling her that the three of them will always live tightly together.

4) SW's mother slapping her and telling her that she didn't raise SW for someone like her to come along

Next morning:

SW: Did you sleep well? A single mosquito came into my room and I couldn't sleep a wink because of its buzzing. (On noticing YS's napsack) Oh? It's a few hours until the departure time.

YS: I'll go ahead first. You can come on your own at the departure time.

SW: Wait just a little bit. I'll pack and come right out. (But she leaves before he comes back out).

On the Boat:

SW: That wasn't very nice, coming by yourself. Does it hurt somewhere?

YS: I just want to have some quiet.

It looks like Geum Shil is on the trail because she asks Hye Ja if SW was also stuck on the island with YS. But, HJ tells her that she doesn't know the answer. At breakfast, GS asks YJ and SJ about the lady that they were with at the cafe the day before and YJ tells her it's someone she knows who has been trying to sell them some life insurance. Never to just take it, YJ asks GS what her relationship is with the cafe owner, and that gets the grandmother to blow another steam. Of course, Vivien being 5 years old offers a spoonful of rice to SJ's stomach and tells the baby to eat up. Nobody picks up on it and assumes that Vivienne hasn't fully woken up yet.

When YS gets home, she takes off the necklace with a deep sigh.

SW's mom tries to confirm JE's comments regarding YS and asks whether the widow was also at the outing. SW replies yes and asks her why she wants to know. She just puts it down to being curious.

JE, the sly one, goes and asks one of the workers whether she had fun at the outing, only to learn that it had been cancelled.

JE: This is your last day. I'm not sure whether to congratulate you or to console you. Was yesterday's outing fun? What do you think your mother would say if she learned that it was just you and YS that went on the outing?

SW: Why? Are you planning to tell my mother again?

JE: Since I received my last warning, I can't act recklessly, can I? I'll have to use that card at the most critical moment, don't you think?

SW quitely goes into the employee lounge with the flowering plant in hand:

SW: What's this? Having coffee all my yourself? Make me a cup too?

In exchange for the coffee, he hands her the plant.

YS: Why the plant?

SW: It's payment for all that free coffee. Are you curious about the name of the flower? It's called Heaven's Gift (I'm unfamiliar with flower names). It's fragrance is known to reach the heavens, so it should be able to reach me. If a man who is younger and more handsome than I am sits beside you, you can't forget to water it and let it die. But, why did you take off the necklace?

YS: I think I made a mistake yesterday. I shouldn't have done that. I should have been more centered. I'm sorry.

SW: What are you saying?

YS: I'm sorry.

Mr Coffee is now desperately trying to explain to GS that there is no real reason why he claimed to be YJ and SJ's uncle and it doesn't mean that he has any feelings for her. She claims that he could have claimed any relation but he chose the uncle because unbeknownst to him, he harbored feelings for her deep inside. Being thick skinned, she just assumes that he's trying to avoid his feelings for her. :crazy:

We now have both of YJ's colleagues vying for her attention, with the single dad trying to ensure that she doesn't drink any caffeine, offering milk instead because of its calcium.

Since it's his last day, his co-workers suggest going to a nice place for lunch but YS declines, citing an upset stomach. SW asks her to come along but she declines again, and he has no option but to go without her.

SJ obviously has no knowledge of how children behave because she's trying to convince Vivienne to not say anything about the baby in front of the family, only to end up having Vivienne cry. The crying Vivienne calls JW for comfort, telling him that she wants to see him. (Ok, I have no knowledge about actor playing JW but he is a natural with kids.) Vivienne drags JW to her friends, telling them that he's her daddy and how cool he is. When asked if he really is Vivienne's dad, JW sees Vivienne giving him the wink and answers that he is. ;)

After saying goodbye to his co-workers, SW pulls YS aside for a conversation.

SW: Why are you so serious? I was going to keep this a secret until the end, but I guess it won't do. I'll have to tell you. Our kiss...yesterday wasn't the first time. When you were drunk that night and I gave you a piggyback ride, remember that? Actually, that was the first time. Of course, I'm sure you don't remember since you were inebriated. So, don't feel too uneasy. And, there's no reason to think too deeply about it.

YS: Moon Shin Woo, I'll be frank. Last night, I thought "Ah, there are moments like this in my life too." I was moved. And, for a moment, I thought of holding onto you. Perhaps I should hold onto you for dear life, such thoughts came to me. But, you see, it's not possible. More than anything, I no longer believe in love. And, in addition to a lot of responsibilities, I don't have any confidence about getting hurt again.

SW: I told you, remember? That I won't hurt you.

YS: I don't want to go on that kind of an adventure. I don't want to worry about getting hurt or being cast aside, I just want to live a peaceful life.

SW: I see that you are a worrier.

YS: Yeah. I may appear strong on the outside, but I'm a total worrywort.

SW: Don't worry, just trust in me.

YS: Because you're such a nice person, you will meet someone who is much younger, good-natured and nicer than I am and live happily. Later, make sure that you send me an invitation to your wedding.

SW: Look here YS.

YS: Thank you for everything. For being nice to me, caring for me and looking after me. I'll always be grateful.

SW: Why are you being like this? As if we'll never see each other again.

YS: Once you start your new job, I'm sure that we won't get to see each other very much. Thank you for everything so far. It's time for my part-time job, so I'll be going. Wherever you are, be sure to stay healthy and be well.

JW comes back with Vivienne and runs into HW (and nobody noticed a little kid has been missing from the house for all that time???) HW tells HW that he missed Vivienne and came by the house to see her. He later tells her about Vivienne's call and her crying and that he couldn't ignore it. But, HW tells him that although she appreciate his concern, it may actually cause Vivienne to get confused about things. Given Vivienne's lie about JW being her dad, she thinks that there is a problem. She thanks him but asks him to be understanding. (Aw, poor JW) :(

When YJ calls SW to congratulate him for his start as the director, he starts to say something to her and then changes his mind (any guesses on what he wanted to say?)

Tired and worn out, YS pauses outside her house and thinks back to SW telling her that he will erase all her bad memories, one by one and tells her to lean on him. It must be so tempting when she is tired and facing difficulties. :mellow:

Next day, SW starts his new job as the director. YS arrives at her desk, only to see the empty one beside her and feeling the loss already (ok, the last part was my insertion).

Not sure who he is, but he comes to the call center to announce that a new director has arrived and he is starting with a visit to the call center. As SW walks in, YS's eyes couldn't get any bigger as she sees him. :w00t:

@DaracyCollie:  Hot Dog!  Thank you for the recap.  I'm smiling every time SW shows up on screen and especially, when they play that dopey background music, which indicates that he's up to something again.  He is such a brat!  :P

JW and Vivienne were so cute together.  They really are like father-daughter.  I wonder how the issue of her bio-father will be resolved by the writer.  Will she just write him out?  (Not that he's been in, since we've only heard references to him.)  :phew:

Actually, I think it must be an order, from the bean counters, to economize because the props warehouse is recycling all their junk onto the drama sets.  Periodically, I catch an episode of "Sweet Palpitation".  And, in ep. 60, what do I see in the background of the restaurant where the action is taking place, but  a picture of President Ronald Reagan!  I was so shocked that I had to blink and look twice.  sheesh

Guest bimbibap

Lee Hoon as Moon Jin Woo

Name: 이훈 / Lee Hoon

Profession: Actor

Birthdate: 1973-May-06

Birthplace: South Korea

Height: 177cm

Weight: 68kg

Star sign: Taurus

The first time I watched him was Thirty Thousand Miles In Search of My Son (SBS 2007). It was a really lovely story where he played Kang Kye Pill (also an heir to a conglomerate) who had a baby placed in his car in which he took home to show to his father that he had fathered a son outside in order to avoid an arranged marriage.

He was really lovely with the kid even in that drama.

In case you are wondering about the ending he became the child father because he married the birth mother.

hi

thanks again to Darcy for the e33 & 34 recaps which help ease my waiting for the c-sub.

just watched e32 c-sub, and was thinking how fabulous are the PIs which SR sent to track JW.

How did they know JW's going to jam the brake?

How did they know JW will put his arm protectively over HW?

and how did they find sufficient time to get out of their tailing vehicle and get into position to snap those shots?

watching e35 live now, another lovely background music

Greenfields by Brother Four http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYD3pkbgnKA

seems there are a few elephant-skin females in this drama, hah

and Mr Coffee should really put his foot down on GS before the misunderstanding gets further.

DarcyCollie, thanks alot for recaps, helping us with a drama that has no subtitles, even with your busy schedule.

I also wondered why no one missed the child when she went on that outing with JW. I think there will be lots

more angst coming.

Guest bimbibap

DarcyCollie is doing a great job at the recap. However this is a selection of my favourite Shin Woo's cheesy scenes

Episode 31

Young Sim chased after Shin Woo

Oh Young Sim: Moon Shin Woo ssi…Moon Shin Woo ssi

Young Sim grabbed Moon Shin Woo by the arm

Moon Shin Woo: What is it… again?

Oh Young Sim: Really…are you sure…that you have to leave the company….this is not done in brash

Moon Shin Woo: No matter whether it is for real or done in brash, what this have to do with Oh Young Sim

Moon Shin Woo walked away

Oh Young Sim: Don’t leave….

Moon Shin Woo stopped at his track and turned to Oh Young Sim and approach her

Oh Young Sim: I ask you do not go….I beg you…do not go…who am I to consider…because of me…a person which such bright future becomes unemployed…do not go…eh!

Moon Shin Woo: Ah…What with you…you are making someone difficult

Oh Young Sim: Don’t go…Moon Shin Woo ssi…we will go to the Manager and apologized then withdraw the letter…eh!....

Moon Shin Woo looked straight into Oh Young Sim’s eyes so near that she had to tip slightly back as he came forward over the centre axis

Moon Shin Woo: Thinking that we will be parting ways, you are now actually can’t able to accept the matter…that now you feel that if you don’t hold me back, there is a possibility that you will regret this for the rest of your life…is it correct?...Ah!...so it seems that now where in this world could you find many a man like me….this kind of man like me is hard to come by… Oh Young Sim ssi….you have finally see and grasp the reality

Oh Young Sim pushed Moon Shin Woo away

Oh Young Sim: You are toying with jokes again…this matter involves the future of Moon Shin Woo, how can you joke about the matter?....

Moon Shin Woo: Don’t you worry….I know how to handle my affairs

Oh Young Sim: Don’t be like that….why don’t we go to a restaurant and discussed the matter

Moon Shin Woo: Now you have come forward to first initiate to go for a date…our Young Sim ssi is becoming really bold

Oh Young Sim: Moon Shin Woo ssi?

Moon Shin Woo: We will meet tomorrow…today I am rather busy

Shin Woo walked away

Shopping Scene

Young Shim and Shin Woo went groceries shopping at the supermarket then disagreed to what to buy…then trying food samples and acting like a couple doing groceries shopping

Moon Shin Woo: I like this…and this….

Oh Young Sim: This is expensive…

Moon Shin Woo: Ah! Give to me…I like this….

Oh Young Sim:…what are you doing….why are you buying up everything

Moon Shin Woo: Let’s go…thank you….

Shin Woo gave Young Sim a food sample to try

Oh Young Sim: I don’t want to eat…

Moon Shin Woo: Say Ah!

Oh Young Shim: Ah!....Hmmm!

Moon Shin Woo: Delicious?

Moon Shin Woo showed a couple mug

Moon Shin Woo: Shall we buy these to use?

Oh Young Sim: No need….

Shin Woo and Young Shim tried out the fan at the electrical department with Shin Woo standing directly behind Young Sim feeling the breeze. Then they passed the pet section aquariums

Oh Young Sim: Oh! They are so pretty

Shin Woo was looking at Young Sim

Moon Shin Woo: Pretty!

Oh Young Sim: They are really pretty, are they?

Young Sim took over the trolley and pushed it away as Shin Woo looked at her…Then they had lunch at the food court

Oh Young Sim: We just go to a tavern restaurant will be fine

Moon Shin Woo: Don’t know whether the Naengmyun here is nice to eat, today is my treat, quickly eat up

Oh Young Shim: I will eat well

Moon Shin Woo got two cups of water from the dispenser

Moon Shin Woo: Why are you smiling?...

Oh Young Sim: Moon Shin Woo ssi, wait until you get married, you definitely will be good to your wife

Moon Shin Woo: What is this…are you now proposing to me?

Oh Young Sim: Hiss!....

Moon Shin Woo: Joking…I was just joking…quickly eat up…

Young Sim passed the chopstick

Oh Young Shim: I know…I will eat up

Shin Woo got a call from the Team Manager

Moon Shin Woo: It is the Team manager…Yes…Team Manager….

Team Manager: Where are you, Moon Shin Woo ssi…. ?

Moon Shin Woo: Oh Young Shim ssi and I are still at the supermarket to buy groceries for tomorrow’s excursion

Team Manager: What to do, my father in law has suddenly passed away and I am on my way there, also Min Sook and Hye Jin suddenly have some emergencies to attend, therefore the excursion is cancelled

Moon Shin Woo: What?...

Team Manager: On Oh Young Sim’s side, just convey this to her…I am sorry

Team Manager hung up

Oh Young Sim: What with the call?

But Shin Woo continued with the phone call

Moon Shin Woo: Ah!...yes..yes…as for tomorrow early morning’s meals, you want us to buy you some sausages..yes….I understand Team Manager…yes…yes

Moon Shin Woo finished his call

Moon Shin Woo: Team Manager is really something….such an adult really like to eat titbits

Oh Young Sim: So it seems…it is the same with someone

Moon Shin Woo ate his Naengmyun heartily and happily

Archived