[Drama 2011] The Princess' Man 공주의 남자

Guest chancy426

Guest Starlitelet

Hi Starlitelet... :)

have you tried photobucket yet?..

Same here...I love emotional scenes more than hilarious simply because they linger longer in my heart... :P though as you said sometimes it's also great to watch something funny...yup, it depends on our mood, right?...

Here are my thoughts on RTP [i put it under spoiler tag cause it's not related here...hehehe...]:

RTP is a nice alternation to the "heavy" TPM...lol...I might be biased but I love Micky...kekeke...and I think he and Han Ji Min are doing a great job here...they also have chemistry and I love every moment they're together. I love the mix of humor [how often did I have to put my hands on my mouth in order not to laugh too loud or else I would wake my family....hahaha], sadness and mistery...I wish I don't need to wait every week...it reminded me why I usually don't watch dramas while it's still airing...lol...Yesterday I also started "The Strongest K-Pop Survival"...and I also like his brother...but everytime I look at him I have to think of Micky...

:P

Reading your comment about Luna's shared NGs I had to laugh because I had the exact same sentiments...hahaha...

BTW I ordered my copy of TPM ten days ago and got told that they shipped it yesterday and it'll take maybe ten more days till I get it....hurray!!!! I can't hardly wait...then I'll be rewatching it on two days in a row for sure...^^v..

Hola my sweet limanh ^^!

I haven't had the need to use photobucket yet, so nope I haven't tried it ^^;. I'm sure I'll ask you once I do try it out - haha. You have been warned! Just kidding ^^.

Yeah, there's definitely a huge difference between RTP and TPM. I don't mind YooChun. I admit that I like him here more than I did in SKKS ^^. Han Ji Min and YooChun are so adorable together in RTP. I'm loving them :3. Omo! There were some hilarious moments where I literally laughed out loud because I couldn't contain myself... w00t.gif. Is The Strongest K-Pop Survivor good? His brother looks so much like him! I remember I saw his brother in this recent drama with Kim Rae Won, and I knew right away that there had to be some blood relation - haha. I don't remember the title of the drama, but it's the one with Alzheimer. I only took a couple of peeks while my mom was watching. 

Anyway, what are your favorite dramas? I'm curious as to what genre you like watching when it comes to Korean dramas. And what rom-coms do/did you like?

I know some people will roll their eyes at me, but I find Fashion King so addicting right now. I think it's also due to the every week waiting effect. Like, it's the kind of drama where I will reluctantly allow my subjective opinions to bypass/overwrite my objective points. Fashion King is just such a thrilling ride at the moment. I love the characters. Though, I admit the storyline is all over the place - haha. At first, I thought it was crap, but the more I see it ... the more I like it. It's such a guilty pleasure. It's with Yoo Ah In and Shin Se Kyung. Do you like Yoo Ah In, or did you like him in SKKS? He was my favorite one from the F4 in SKKS. Some people call him a prick of a character in Fashion King, but I find he's hilarious. Sorry for my rambling here - hehe.

Where did you order your copy of TPM ^^? I remember we were talking about this when I first became active on this thread. I think it was you that I mentioned about the DVD to... anyway, I have short term memory, so sorry if it wasn't you - haha sweatingbullets.gif

Everyone is getting/got it on DVD... I should join the club! Though, it's so costly tears.gif.

Just one question: Is this drama that good? And does it have a happy ending?? Thanks BTW

Hi marie67 ^^!

Wahh! I'm uber happy to see you here as well! Join the club - haha!

You're always welcome here, and you don't even need to type that you're asking questions. We don't bite. Though, you did ask two questions instead of one... so I'll have to reconsider that... Kidding blush.gif.

Yes, yes, yes ... TPM is indescribable. I cannot explain it in words that will do it justice, but you must experience the wonderful/roller-coaster of a ride experience/adventure. 

I don't know what kind of dramas you usually like, but I know a couple of peeps who watched it and enjoyed it even though it wasn't their genre. This drama touches upon many themes that should satisfy/entertain you in one way or another. 

I agree with VilaVilli ^^. She basically included/summarized everything in a nutshell. And the drama is worth it despite the outcome of the ending, so hopefully that gives you an idea. VilaVilli is right about not knowing the ending now. It's better to come in not knowing too much because there are several twists and turns that you just want to keep watching like CaroleL typed. 

I also typed a review/opinion on mydramalist. Check it out if you want more information/opinions from me and other fellow peeps.

TPM dramalist

the drama was so good finish it within 3 days ....now im going to miss it...

Hi AKIRADOWN ^^!

Did you just recently finish the drama or a while ago? I'd love to hear your opinion on it if you're willing to type - haha. 

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Carolel, VillaVilli, and Starlitelet :)

I will watch it after I finish my exams:) I hope I will like it cuz no matter how much I loved KSH I couldnt bring myself to watch Moon Embracing the Sun in subtitles. I liked the younger cast much much more, and I dont know but to me something was off with MES. I have watched only Sungkyungkwan Scandel (4 or 5 times already?) but I am not into joseon drama's because there is so much fighting in it, which I dont like :P

And yes, I asked 2 questions, but I am happy you were kind to reply to them ^^ (a looooooooooot of thanks :) )

Guest Starlitelet

Thanks Carolel, VillaVilli, and Starlitelet :)

I will watch it after I finish my exams:) I hope I will like it cuz no matter how much I loved KSH I couldnt bring myself to watch Moon Embracing the Sun in subtitles. I liked the younger cast much much more, and I dont know but to me something was off with MES. I have watched only Sungkyungkwan Scandel (4 or 5 times already?) but I am not into joseon drama's because there is so much fighting in it, which I dont like :P

And yes, I asked 2 questions, but I am happy you were kind to reply to them ^^ (a looooooooooot of thanks :) )

Hi again marie67 ^^!

[i put my opinion about TMTETS in spoiler tag - haha.]

I got flared for stating why I didn't like TMTETS on their thread... And like you and many others here, we couldn't get into TMTETS either.

I also really liked Kim Soo Hyun in TMTETS. In fact, that was my first drama of his. Even though I grew to like/love him in there, I just couldn't get myself to forgive the drama's continuous mistakes one after another. They were piling up! The ending totally bombed it for me. Instead of getting better, it became draggy and senseless. With the first 8 episodes or so, they totally fooled me into believing that I was in for an epic/dramatic ride. Heck no, I was in for some serious lack of characterization and bad plotline. I can't stand when the characters are annoying and when the storyline tries to be a little of everything, but ends up being a mess of nothing. Ok, maybe it was marketed as an epic love story. Even if you market it as an epic love story then at least do that properly too! Anyway, I lost hope in that drama after a bit more than midway through. I continued watching because I wanted to see if I was wrong for thinking so, but I guess I only clarified my judgement even further. And the ending gave me reassurance that I was right. 

Ummm... TPM is nowhere near close to SKKS in terms of tone. It's deeper/darker and there's barely any comedic moments (or if there are any, they were unintentional, I believe). So I hope you're not going into TPM with the same anticipation/expectation for as SKKS. If you leave that all aside, you should be fine ^^. I hope you come back to update us whether you like it or hate it. It's always nice to hear different people's opinions. I have yet to speak/type to someone who dislikes it for some objective reason other than they don't like the actors or it's not their cup of tea.

By the way, the pacing for TPM picks up around episode 8 or 9, if you find the beginning slow. At first, I thought the beginning was slow, but everything played out nicely and they were required to give it a back-story for the latter half. Though, if you're already in for the ride in the first half, then cherish it while you can! That's all I'm gonna say for now - hehe.

By the way, it's always a pleasure to answer/comment/respond to your posts ^^.

Hola my sweet limanh ^^!

I haven't had the need to use photobucket yet, so nope I haven't tried it ^^;. I'm sure I'll ask you once I do try it out - haha. You have been warned! Just kidding ^^.

Yeah, there's definitely a huge difference between RTP and TPM. I don't mind YooChun. I admit that I like him here more than I did in SKKS ^^. Han Ji Min and YooChun are so adorable together in RTP. I'm loving them :3. Omo! There were some hilarious moments where I literally laughed out loud because I couldn't contain myself... *quoted image*. Is The Strongest K-Pop Survivor good? His brother looks so much like him! I remember I saw his brother in this recent drama with Kim Rae Won, and I knew right away that there had to be some blood relation - haha. I don't remember the title of the drama, but it's the one with Alzheimer. I only took a couple of peeks while my mom was watching. 

Anyway, what are your favorite dramas? I'm curious as to what genre you like watching when it comes to Korean dramas. And what rom-coms do/did you like?

I know some people will roll their eyes at me, but I find Fashion King so addicting right now. I think it's also due to the every week waiting effect. Like, it's the kind of drama where I will reluctantly allow my subjective opinions to bypass/overwrite my objective points. Fashion King is just such a thrilling ride at the moment. I love the characters. Though, I admit the storyline is all over the place - haha. At first, I thought it was crap, but the more I see it ... the more I like it. It's such a guilty pleasure. It's with Yoo Ah In and Shin Se Kyung. Do you like Yoo Ah In, or did you like him in SKKS? He was my favorite one from the F4 in SKKS. Some people call him a prick of a character in Fashion King, but I find he's hilarious. Sorry for my rambling here - hehe.

Where did you order your copy of TPM ^^? I remember we were talking about this when I first became active on this thread. I think it was you that I mentioned about the DVD to... anyway, I have short term memory, so sorry if it wasn't you - haha *quoted image*

Everyone is getting/got it on DVD... I should join the club! Though, it's so costly *quoted image*.

Hi sweetie!... :D

yes, it was me...lol...and I got my DVDs from Yesasia...I had to buy the Singapore version because of the region code...I can't watch the Korean version over here [i was waiting and hoping that they would come out with another version but now I didn't want to wait anymore...kekeke]... :tears: I'd prefered the Kversion but it's better than nothing...you're right it's expensive but it's worth it and I got it for myself as a gift for Easter...hihihi...

As for the other dramas:

Have you seen the newest episode of RTP yet? Aren't they just cute? I couldn't wait and watched it raw...kekeke...I even bought an account at rapidshare to dl it [and the other dramas to come] cause I hate to watch it online...

:P

Well, for K-Pop I don't know if it's your cup of tea if you're not into Kpop an general...I like it because it's interesting to experience the showbiz behind the curtains and I like the typical role reversal of the female lead aka Coffee Prince, SKKS or You're Beautiful...actually alot of people compare it with YB...and I like Yoochun's bother...hahaha...so I have something to watch while waiting for RTP...but I have to admit that he becomes more and more independent from his brother with every episode that I watch...I start to see him as an own individual apart from his brother...and I really like his acting...I hope you understand what I mean... :sweatingbullets:

As for FK...should I give it a try?...Of course I liked YAI...as said all the "rebels" in the sageuk dramas looked hot with their hairdo...but Yoochun was still my darling... :P I'm weird cause if I don't like the main lead the most I wouldn't watch the drama...lol...I'm glad to hear that sometimes we still like a drama subjectively although objectively it's not the best...hehehe...I have to admit I'm a girl who watches a drama with her heart and if it's able to catch my overly romantic soul I don't mind even if it's cheesy...hahaha...I'm a girl who still loves fairy tales :sweatingbullets:

----------------

@marie67: my, Starlitelet's and the other girls' love for TPM is obvious, ne?...lol...so I really hope you take your time and watch it...and feel free to ask us as many questions as you want...though we might not answer all of them...not because we want to annoy you but because we don't want to spoil you and keep the suspense...kekeke...

----------------

So lastly another gif that I made [i think it's not too spoilery [is there such a word???... :crazy: hahaha...]]...I hope you are not too sick of my gifs already...hehehe...:

Aftershot.gif

I love this short moment...and isn't he just too handsome even in his despair???...

Guest Starlitelet

Hi sweetie!... :D

yes, it was me...lol...and I got my DVDs from Yesasia...I had to buy the Singapore version because of the region code...I can't watch the Korean version over here [i was waiting and hoping that they would come out with another version but now I didn't want to wait anymore...kekeke]...  I'd prefered the Kversion but it's better than nothing...you're right it's expensive but it's worth it and I got it for myself as a gift for Easter...hihihi...

As for the other dramas:

Have you seen the newest episode of RTP yet? Aren't they just cute? I couldn't wait and watched it raw...kekeke...I even bought an account at rapidshare to dl it [and the other dramas to come] cause I hate to watch it online...

Well, for K-Pop I don't know if it's your cup of tea if you're not into Kpop an general...I like it because it's interesting to experience the showbiz behind the curtains and I like the typical role reversal of the female lead aka Coffee Prince, SKKS or You're Beautiful...actually alot of people compare it with YB...and I like Yoochun's bother...hahaha...so I have something to watch while waiting for RTP...but I have to admit that he becomes more and more independent from his brother with every episode that I watch...I start to see him as an own individual apart from his brother...and I really like his acting...I hope you understand what I mean...  :sweatingbullets:

As for FK...should I give it a try?...Of course I liked YAI...as said all the "rebels" in the sageuk dramas looked hot with their hairdo...but Yoochun was still my darling... :P I'm weird cause if I don't like the main lead the most I wouldn't watch the drama...lol...I'm glad to hear that sometimes we still like a drama subjectively although objectively it's not the best...hehehe...I have to admit I'm a girl who watches a drama with her heart and if it's able to catch my overly romantic soul I don't mind even if it's cheesy...hahaha...I'm a girl who still loves fairy tales :sweatingbullets:  

----------------

So lastly another gif that I made [i think it's not too spoilery [is there such a word???... :crazy: hahaha...]]...I hope you are not too sick of my gifs already...hehehe...:

I love this short moment...and isn't he just too handsome even in his despair???...

Hola limanh ^^!

Holy shizzle! It costs so much... I just checked out the Korean version - haha. I feel too guilty to buy it (yet). Tell me how it is, once you get it ^^. I'm so jealous of you gals - haha.

I have seen episode 7 of RTP! YooChun looked so adorable/handsome in the recent episode. I keep on typing it, but he has improved so much. I must admit I'm falling in love with him... not sure if I'm falling in love with him or his character

wub.gif. I would have never thought that I'd like him this much - haha. His smile is so adorable. YooChun and Han Ji Min are sublimely beautiful and cute together. She's older than him, but they look suitable. He's so funny in this drama, like his subtle/naive reactions. Honestly, I was hesitant that he took this role at first, but now I'm super glad. And Han Ji Min is doing a wonderful job as usual. She always makes her co-stars feel so comfortable. She treats them with ease despite them being younger/older. It seems like she treats them all the same - haha. Where can you download them with rapidshare, though ^^?

I don't know too much about YooChun's brother other than he looks like him - haha. Yeah, it seems like many people enjoy gender switching/pretending roles (if that makes sense). I really enjoyed Coffee Prince and SKKS as well. There's also a bit of gender role switching in QSD ;).

Haha - whenever people write FK ... I see the f* word. Sorry, that was random. Anyhow, I think you should definitely check it out. The first few episodes made me go mehhh and yell, "fake!". You'll understand me if you give it a try. Though, the drama gets better and better as the story moves along. I even put it on my avatar! I can't wait for the next episode.

Yeah, I'm a hopeless romantic at heart, so I too like fairytales blush.gif. Sometimes I watch a drama because they have awesome chemistry together. Like for FK, I don't mind the female lead pairing off with either guy. It's been long that I have been so lenient about this. I usually root for a certain OTP. So yeah, I've always loved Yoo Ah In, but this new dude (never seen him before) is so awesome/handsome as well - haha. Though, I watch this drama (aside from them) because I like the characters' dynamic with each other. Some of them have witty lines.

Thank you for the gif! We'll never get bored :wub:. I'm always excited to see which scene you'll use to make the next one.

limanh, Starlitelet I keep meaning to buy the DVD set but I keep getting distracted and buying shoes hahahah!!

Hello Linwe! Long time, no "read"!!

Are you currently watching any new drama ^^?

Haha - it's ok... it happens :P. Hopefully, I'll be able to get it when it's the right time (whenever that is).

---------------------------------------------------------------

@ aisling_ what's your second favorite PSH drama that's good not because he's in it, but it's a good drama overall? I'm starting to see Prosecutor Princess's thread surfacing and was wondering whether I should ultimately try that or Family's Honor first. I've always been avoiding Prosecutor Princess because Kim So Yeon's character seems annoying despite me liking/loving the actress.

Guest s u n d a e_

Mini Review:

All romanticists must watch this drama. I've been watching kdramas for more than a decade (yes i started very young) and have never come across one with a more intricate, passionate and satisfying love story.

Park Shi Hoo, of course, is the most charismatic hero with a killer smile in The Princess' Man. I'm torn between Scholarly Seung Yoo and Dark Seung Yoo, but I think Dark Seung Yoo was more captivating due to the sheer tension the character holds at this point in the plot- hating and wanting to kill his enemy's daughter while loving her more and more because of her never-faltering feelings for him. Park Shi Hoo superbly portrayed the conflicting emotions; he would evoke much sympathy from any audience and make you question what you would do with such turmoil.

Speaking of turmoil, any girl watching this drama would ask herself: who would you choose if you were Se Ryung: your evil father or your victimised lover? The decision was never meant to be easy, but I'm glad the writers moulded Se Ryung's character to be strong so that she did end up choosing. Se Ryung's character was completely lovable. Feisty, intelligent and unafraid to blindly follow her heart, I'd say Se Ryung is a more engaging heroine than ones in other modern or ancient Kdramas, where the indecisiveness and passiveness of the female characters often have me barbarically waving my fist at the television screen.

However, as for acting, I would say Hong Soo Hyun's portrayal of Princess Kyung Hye outshone Moon Chae Won's Se Ryung. The transformation from an arrogant princess to an independent woman who learned to love her husband was incredible. I thought her crying scenes were much more moving too.

Warning - don't expect a Dong Yi aura in this film, where the atmosphere is melodramatic but injected with a healthy dose of comedy. This drama is intense.

All in all, if you're willing to be caught up in a whirlwind romance, where the story is romantically magnificent in a tragic sense (spoiler: although you may be surprised by the ending, I thought they were doomed for death from the first) and weaved with brotherhood, family and survival themes, watch this. It's worth it.

Guest Starlitelet

*quoted image*

Hi, anyone know where's this scene in Ep.23? I watched ep.23 and can't see this scene anywhere.

Thanks you very much!

Hi November Rain ^^!

I believe that scene is a deleted scene. So maybe that's why you weren't able to find it. I remember they deleted a scene of Se Ryung hugging Seung Yoo from behind, and I think it's this one.

Mini Review:

All romanticists must watch this drama. I've been watching kdramas for more than a decade (yes i started very young) and have never come across one with a more intricate, passionate and satisfying love story.

Park Shi Hoo, of course, is the most charismatic hero with a killer smile in The Princess' Man. I'm torn between Scholarly Seung Yoo and Dark Seung Yoo, but I think Dark Seung Yoo was more captivating due to the sheer tension the character holds at this point in the plot- hating and wanting to kill his enemy's daughter while loving her more and more because of her never-faltering feelings for him. Park Shi Hoo superbly portrayed the conflicting emotions; he would evoke much sympathy from any audience and make you question what you would do with such turmoil.

Speaking of turmoil, any girl watching this drama would ask herself: who would you choose if you were Se Ryung: your evil father or your victimised lover? The decision was never meant to be easy, but I'm glad the writers moulded Se Ryung's character to be strong so that she did end up choosing. Se Ryung's character was completely lovable. Feisty, intelligent and unafraid to blindly follow her heart, I'd say Se Ryung is a more engaging heroine than ones in other modern or ancient Kdramas, where the indecisiveness and passiveness of the female characters often have me barbarically waving my fist at the television screen.

However, as for acting, I would say Hong Soo Hyun's portrayal of Princess Kyung Hye outshone Moon Chae Won's Se Ryung. The transformation from an arrogant princess to an independent woman who learned to love her husband was incredible. I thought her crying scenes were much more moving too.

Warning - don't expect a Dong Yi aura in this film, where the atmosphere is melodramatic but injected with a healthy dose of comedy. This drama is intense.

All in all, if you're willing to be caught up in a whirlwind romance, where the story is romantically magnificent in a tragic sense (spoiler: although you may be surprised by the ending, I thought they were doomed for death from the first) and weaved with brotherhood, family and survival themes, watch this. It's worth it.

Hi s u n d a e_ ^^!

Did you just finish watching The Princess's Man? Reading your review brings back so much fond memories of this spectacular drama. I concur that the love story is one of the most moving ones, let alone all the magnificent actors / tangled characters within such a complicated storyline.

I didn't like Park Shi Hoo at the beginning as much as I liked him in the latter half. He made me realize that he's a very diversified actor by switching from scholarly Seung Yoo to dark Seung Yoo. Yes, his smile is such a killer. He's one of the few characters/actors that is able to make me believe that he is in such agony/pain.

Oh man, I also agree with you on Se Ryung's character and Moon Chae Won's portrayal of that character. She's a lot more thought-provoking than many other female characters in the modern day dramas. Women back in those eras are supposed to be more submissive and quiet, yet Se Ryung transcends all of those norms. She's such an unconventional female character. Se Ryung is not mighty intelligent as in book smart nor does she have expansive knowledge of politics, like many other female protagonists in sageuks. Nonetheless, she's a strong-willed and unique woman of her own... who's able to stand on her feet/ground. Speaking of women power, none of these women appear meek or weak.

Princess Kyung Hye is another example. Though, I'd say I enjoyed both of the females' performances equally. Hong Soo Hyun surprised me with her portrayal of the Princess, but Moon Chae Won did an equally magnificent job IMO.

It's funny that these women have so much at stake and not just love problems unlike the modern day dramas. The decision that Se Ryung had to make, whether it be her father or Seung Yoo, added so much tension to her character. I've never seen a Korean drama where the main female protagonist's father/mother was evil  (and not just mean). It's mostly the supporting male/female characters that unfortunately have these kinds of parents... which in a way is convenient for the main girl/guy to dispose of them or not like them. Anyway, these women in The Princess's Man are devoted to their lovers in a way that's so genuine and believable. There are no flashes of fairytale, and even if there was, it was merely at the beginning where they were innocent and pure (I'm talking about Se Ryung's character specifically).

I've watched Korean dramas for around 7 years, and I don't think I'll come across such a full-packaged drama for another perhaps 7 years.

Thank you for your review! I really enjoyed reading it. I'm glad The Princess's Man thread is still lively :wub:.

Guest VilaVilli

Thank you for your nice review s u n d a e_:) I agree with you in almost everything. I didn't know Hong Soo Hyun before TPM. After the series I became curious for her previous works. I recently saw her in Lie to Me and in Ms. Kim's Million Dollar Quest. The female characters in those series were rather shallow so now I can appreciate more how she portrayed Princess Kyung Hye. Therefore I say she outshone not Moon Chae Won but her other roles.

As for MCW and her SR... I'm too lazy and my English is poor but thanks god here is our Starlitelet who told already everything instead of me, hahaha blush.gif

*quoted image*

Hi, anyone know where's this scene in Ep.23? I watched ep.23 and can't see this scene anywhere.

Thanks you very much!

Hi November Rain,

welcome and as Starlitelet already said it, the scene got deleted and is only available as an bonus in the DVDs...it was also not meant for episode 23 but 22... :)

[

Hi s u n d a e_ ^^!

Did you just finish watching The Princess's Man? Reading your review brings back so much fond memories of this spectacular drama. I concur that the love story is one of the most moving ones, let alone all the magnificent actors / tangled characters within such a complicated storyline.

I didn't like Park Shi Hoo at the beginning as much as I liked him in the latter half. He made me realize that he's a very diversified actor by switching from scholarly Seung Yoo to dark Seung Yoo. Yes, his smile is such a killer. He's one of the few characters/actors that is able to make me believe that he is in such agony/pain.

Oh man, I also agree with you on Se Ryung's character and Moon Chae Won's portrayal of that character. She's a lot more thought-provoking than many other female characters in the modern day dramas. Women back in those eras are supposed to be more submissive and quiet, yet Se Ryung transcends all of those norms. She's such an unconventional female character. Se Ryung is not mighty intelligent as in book smart nor does she have expansive knowledge of politics, like many other female protagonists in sageuks. Nonetheless, she's a strong-willed and unique woman of her own... who's able to stand on her feet/ground. Speaking of women power, none of these women appear meek or weak.

Princess Kyung Hye is another example. Though, I'd say I enjoyed both of the females' performances equally. Hong Soo Hyun surprised me with her portrayal of the Princess, but Moon Chae Won did an equally magnificent job IMO.

It's funny that these women have so much at stake and not just love problems unlike the modern day dramas. The decision that Se Ryung had to make, whether it be her father or Seung Yoo, added so much tension to her character. I've never seen a Korean drama where the main female protagonist's father/mother was evil  (and not just mean). It's mostly the supporting male/female characters that unfortunately have these kinds of parents... which in a way is convenient for the main girl/guy to dispose of them or not like them. Anyway, these women in The Princess's Man are devoted to their lovers in a way that's so genuine and believable. There are no flashes of fairytale, and even if there was, it was merely at the beginning where they were innocent and pure (I'm talking about Se Ryung's character specifically).

I've watched Korean dramas for around 7 years, and I don't think I'll come across such a full-packaged drama for another perhaps 7 years.

Thank you for your review! I really enjoyed reading it. I'm glad The Princess's Man thread is still lively :wub:.

Hi sweetie...*waves*...

sorry for being absent for such a long time...^^; but I was really busy with RL and only had time to catch up with the dramas...kekeke...as usual I agree with what you said...I'm glad you are such a good writer...so I only need to agree (especially on the bolded part)...though I have to admit I loved Park Si Hoo from the beginning...kekeke...

Btw I still haven't got my DVDs yet though I'm waiting eagerly for it... tears.giftears.gif ...but we bought a new TV which is able to read .avi files through the USB flash drive and now I can watch TPM on the big screen in crystal clear HD, do you believe it?????....Yippeeeee...I was so happy when I managed to do it...lol...and after several days with the tip of a friend I also found out how to put subs on it... :D ...*dances around*...

Can you imagine me swooning over HIM evertime he appears on the screen?... w00t.gifw00t.gif:ph34r:

As for the other dramas as usual:

If I remember right I agree with what you said on the RTP thread: I'm also glad her feelings are revealed though I'm sure he will reject it as we know of his mission, right?...But it's necessary for Bak Ha to move on...maybe even without him [though I hate Se Na scenes with him and usually would just skip it...kekeke] so he has to acknowledge his feelings and make a choice...it's already half time and there are still so many loose strings...and for me this drama is unpredictable...

I got the rapidshare link from the RTP thread...have you found it also? If not, do you want me to message you the link?...I downloaded it in HD, too, and enjoy it right now on the big screen...it's amazing that the quality is as good as on my laptop...I still had to laugh when I rewatched it...lol...

I lol'ed at you f* comment...I never thought of this before...now I have to think of it everytime I read it...kekeke...I will watch Fashion King once it's aired completely or my mind is too occupied with too many dramas at the same time and I can't concentrate on my work anymore...hahaha...

------------------

@sundae_: thanks for your nice rewiew and welcome!... :)

Guest s u n d a e_

Hi s u n d a e_ ^^!

Se Ryung is not mighty intelligent as in book smart nor does she have expansive knowledge of politics, like many other female protagonists in sageuks. Nonetheless, she's a strong-willed and unique woman of her own... who's able to stand on her feet/ground. Speaking of women power, none of these women appear meek or weak.

Hello! I'm so excited to find fellow PSH-swooners on soompi!

Yes, I have a lot to catch up on in Kdramas so I have just finished watching this one.

Well put, Se Ryung is a woman of power! I thought she was supposed to be book-smart as well since when Seung Yoo was her teacher she answered all questions fluently, as compared to the princess who simply avoided the questions and toyed with the teachers instead lol. Anyway, suffice to say Se Ryung is able to think for herself.

Now if only real men like Seung Yoo existed...

Thank you for your nice review s u n d a e_:) I agree with you in almost everything. I didn't know Hong Soo Hyun before TPM. After the series I became curious for her previous works. I recently saw her in Lie to Me and in Ms. Kim's Million Dollar Quest. The female characters in those series were rather shallow so now I can appreciate more how she portrayed Princess Kyung Hye. Therefore I say she outshone not Moon Chae Won but her other roles.

As for MCW and her SR... I'm too lazy and my English is poor but thanks god here is our Starlitelet who told already everything instead of me, hahaha blush.gif

Hong Soo Hyun was really sweet in Temptation of an Angel, if you're interested in her dramas. Very different to the Princess' character, which was why I was so impressed with her acting =)

Guest Starlitelet

*waves to VilaVilli ^^

Hi sweetie...*waves*...

sorry for being absent for such a long time...^^; but I was really busy with RL and only had time to catch up with the dramas...kekeke...as usual I agree with what you said...I'm glad you are such a good writer...so I only need to agree (especially on the bolded part)...though I have to admit I loved Park Si Hoo from the beginning...kekeke...

Btw I still haven't got my DVDs yet though I'm waiting eagerly for it... tears.giftears.gif ...but we bought a new TV which is able to read .avi files through the USB flash drive and now I can watch TPM on the big screen in crystal clear HD, do you believe it?????....Yippeeeee...I was so happy when I managed to do it...lol...and after several days with the tip of a friend I also found out how to put subs on it...  :D ...*dances around*...

Can you imagine me swooning over HIM evertime he appears on the screen?...  w00t.gifw00t.gif  :ph34r:

As for the other dramas as usual:

If I remember right I agree with what you said on the RTP thread: I'm also glad her feelings are revealed though I'm sure he will reject it as we know of his mission, right?...But it's necessary for Bak Ha to move on...maybe even without him [though I hate Se Na scenes with him and usually would just skip it...kekeke] so he has to acknowledge his feelings and make a choice...it's already half time and there are still so many loose strings...and for me this drama is unpredictable...

I got the rapidshare link from the RTP thread...have you found it also? If not, do you want me to message you the link?...I downloaded it in HD, too, and enjoy it right now on the big screen...it's amazing that the quality is as good as on my laptop...I still had to laugh when I rewatched it...lol...

I lol'ed at you f* comment...I never thought of this before...now I have to think of it everytime I read it...kekeke...I will watch Fashion King once it's aired completely or my mind is too occupied with too many dramas at the same time and I can't concentrate on my work anymore...hahaha...

Hi there limanh ^^!

No problem about being absent ^^. I'm sure you have other things to do in your life - haha. I'm not too good with acronyms, so what do you mean by "RL"? Sorry :sweatingbullets:.

That's great that you can now watch The Princess's Man on the large screen ^^.

I'm actually watching the dramas on viki and dramafever, so they get subbed on the same day or a day later. I believe they're the fastest subbers. So I don't download dramas anymore, unless it's one of my favorites. I never know if I might download any, so please do pass me the link? ^^;

Alright, I'd love to hear your opinion on Fashion King or FK ;) whenever you decide to start.

Oh, I thought I might be in the minority and people for being happy that Bak Ha confessed to Lee Gak. Looks like we agree ^^!

Hello! I'm so excited to find fellow PSH-swooners on soompi!

Yes, I have a lot to catch up on in Kdramas so I have just finished watching this one.

Well put, Se Ryung is a woman of power! I thought she was supposed to be book-smart as well since when Seung Yoo was her teacher she answered all questions fluently, as compared to the princess who simply avoided the questions and toyed with the teachers instead lol. Anyway, suffice to say Se Ryung is able to think for herself.

Now if only real men like Seung Yoo existed...

Hi again s u n d a e_ ^^!

I'm glad you gave The Princess's Man a try, and that you love it on top of that ^^. May I ask, what other dramas do you enjoy?

Hmmm... you're right that she's book-smart on that note. Though, I always thought she was a fast-learner rather than a person with full of knowledge like the female protagonists in Dong Yi and Yi San. Se Ryung is a very firm woman, especially when it comes to morality (as in what's right and wrong). She doesn't know everything from the books nor does she try to learn more and more like the protagonist in The Moon that Embraces the Sun. I think that's one of the reasons why I extremely admire her character. It's that she's an average woman with strong will-power for her beliefs. She doesn't have to be extremely smart nor superbly beautiful like how other sageuk dramas portray their women. Hence, I find Se Ryung different from the rest... in a way where she's more relateable.

Oh yes, if only Seung Yoo existed - haha. If he does exist in our world, he's probably taken by another Se Ryung ;).

Guest November Rain

Hi November Rain ^^!

I believe that scene is a deleted scene. So maybe that's why you weren't able to find it. I remember they deleted a scene of Se Ryung hugging Seung Yoo from behind, and I think it's this one.

Hi November Rain,

welcome and as Starlitelet already said it, the scene got deleted and is only available as an bonus in the DVDs...it was also not meant for episode 23 but 22... :)

Thanks you!

I finished 24eps in 2 days and I already addicted to this drama. It's a long time since I watched such a fantastic drama. I read some complaint about PHS's acting but I found him so great. Actually, I thought PHS stole the show. I can't imagine someone plays Seung Yoo better PHS :)

Guest lovelyspy

Glad to see more Princess's man addicted join the thread. TPM deserves much large viewers. I hope the nomination in International Event will bring more fan to this awesome drama. :)

Guest Starlitelet

*waves to lovelyspy ^^!

Thanks you!

I finished 24eps in 2 days and I already addicted to this drama. It's a long time since I watched such a fantastic drama. I read some complaint about PHS's acting but I found him so great. Actually, I thought PHS stole the show. I can't imagine someone plays Seung Yoo better PHS  :)

Hi again November Rain ^^!

I'm so glad you joined this thread! It's always great to have new members also ^^.

I would understand why some people find Park Shi Hoo's acting a little stiff. Though, I thought he did a great job. I guess it depends on what you can get out from his eye contacts and his tone of voice. Some people find it stiff/robotic... like my mother. I thought it went well with his character. IMO, he's not the greatest actor ever, but his acting for Seung Yoo was beyond average... like I wasn't expecting that from him. I guess I was surprised because I've never seen him in any other project before... maybe, Iljimae, but I totally forgot of his existence in there - haha.

I totally agree with you that I can't imagine anyone else playing the character Seung Yoo. Park Shi Hoo totally owns the character or vice versa ... whichever way works - haha.

Guest November Rain

*waves to lovelyspy ^^!

Hi again November Rain ^^!

I'm so glad you joined this thread! It's always great to have new members also ^^.

I would understand why some people find Park Shi Hoo's acting a little stiff. Though, I thought he did a great job. I guess it depends on what you can get out from his eye contacts and his tone of voice. Some people find it stiff/robotic... like my mother. I thought it went well with his character. IMO, he's not the greatest actor ever, but his acting for Seung Yoo was beyond average... like I wasn't expecting that from him. I guess I was surprised because I've never seen him in any other project before... maybe, Iljimae, but I totally forgot of his existence in there - haha.

I totally agree with you that I can't imagine anyone else playing the character Seung Yoo. Park Shi Hoo totally owns the character or vice versa ... whichever way works - haha.

I watched all of his dramas except How to Meet a Perfect Neighbor. But I'll being watching it in the next week. Anyway, I think he has the best performance in TPM.

Does anyone here know Korea language? Since Seung Yoo has never called Se Ryong by her name, I wonder how he called her? I've read a comment somewhere that Seung Yoo using jondaemal to her for the first time since he learnt her real identity in Ep.17. So I want to know more about that :sweatingbullets:

Hi there limanh ^^!

No problem about being absent ^^. I'm sure you have other things to do in your life - haha. I'm not too good with acronyms, so what do you mean by "RL"? Sorry :sweatingbullets:.

That's great that you can now watch The Princess's Man on the large screen ^^.

I'm actually watching the dramas on viki and dramafever, so they get subbed on the same day or a day later. I believe they're the fastest subbers. So I don't download dramas anymore, unless it's one of my favorites. I never know if I might download any, so please do pass me the link? ^^;

Alright, I'd love to hear your opinion on Fashion King or FK ;) whenever you decide to start.

Oh, I thought I might be in the minority and people for being happy that Bak Ha confessed to Lee Gak. Looks like we agree ^^!

Hola Starlitelet... :)

no prob, "RL" means "real life"...kekeke...I needed to learn a lot, too!...So I was always very grateful to get help... :D

I wish I coul watch dramas on dramafever, but unfortunately it's only available for netizens from America and Canada...

:( and on viki this drama isn't provided for my country as well...so I have to download it...but it's okay since I want to keep it anyways...The link I have only provides the dramas RTP and TK2H so far, so do you still want to have it?...

Please, don't forget to tell me your opinion about Fashion King...I'm somehow always fascinated about your insights...lol...

Have you seen the newest episode of RTP?...Whatcha think?...I really liked the bittersweetness of it...looks like I like it when the protagonists are suffering...hahaha...

Do you remember when you asked me about a special scene for your sig and I had to make a slight change because it doesn't work as sig?...

So here comes the gif for it:

bodyguard3.gif

I watched all of his dramas except How to Meet a Perfect Neighbor. But I'll being watching it in the next week. Anyway, I think he has the best performance in TPM.

Does anyone here know Korea language? Since Seung Yoo has never called Se Ryong by her name, I wonder how he called her? I've read a comment somewhere that Seung Yoo using jondaemal to her for the first time since he learnt her real identity in Ep.17. So I want to know more about that :sweatingbullets:

Hi November Rain,

I still haven't watched any of his other dramas... :sweatingbullets: so maybe on the second half of this year?...But I agree from the videos of all his dramas I saw on YT I also think this was his best performance up to date...and for me he was the PERFECT Kim Seung Yoo...from all the actors I know nobody could have done a better job! And I was not biased because I didn't know him before this drama... :D

First I want to say that I don't speak Korean but as far as I remember from the subs he never addressed her by any name...at least not in the scenes they've shown...lol...he usually just looked at her and started to talk...at least that's how much I can remember...I'm sure the other girls will correct me if I'm mistaken... :P

Guest November Rain

Hi November Rain,

I still haven't watched any of his other dramas... :sweatingbullets: so maybe on the second half of this year?...But I agree from the videos of all his dramas I saw on YT I also think this was his best performance up to date...and for me he was the PERFECT Kim Seung Yoo...from all the actors I know nobody could have done a better job! And I was not biased because I didn't know him before this drama... :D

First I want to say that I don't speak Korean but as far as I remember from the subs he never addressed her by any name...at least not in the scenes they've shown...lol...he usually just looked at her and started to talk...at least that's how much I can remember...I'm sure the other girls will correct me if I'm mistaken... :P

I totally agree that Shi hoo was the PERFECT Kim Seung Yoo :lol:

Anyway, Korean has honorific expressions for old people and upper status people or shows the speaker’s respect/affection toward the person, who is the subject of the sentence. Dramabeans have a great explanation for that in K-dramas

http://www.dramabeans.com/2010/07/glossary-banmal/

http://www.dramabeans.com/2010/07/glossary-jondaemal/

So I think it's great if we know more about conversions between SY and SR :D

Guest Starlitelet

*waves to November Rain!

Did you already like Park Shi Hoo from before, or just recently due to The Princess's Man ^^? Even though, I haven't seen much of his previous projects, I still think it's safe to say that this is his best performance thus far.

no prob, "RL" means "real life"...kekeke...I needed to learn a lot, too!...So I was always very grateful to get help... :D

I wish I coul watch dramas on dramafever, but unfortunately it's only available for netizens from America and Canada...

:( and on viki this drama isn't provided for my country as well...so I have to download it...but it's okay since I want to keep it anyways...The link I have only provides the dramas RTP and TK2H so far, so do you still want to have it?...

Please, don't forget to tell me your opinion about Fashion King...I'm somehow always fascinated about your insights...lol...

Have you seen the newest episode of RTP?...Whatcha think?...I really liked the bittersweetness of it...looks like I like it when the protagonists are suffering...hahaha...

Do you remember when you asked me about a special scene for your sig and I had to make a slight change because it doesn't work as sig?...

So here comes the gif for it:

Hi limanh ^^!!!

Omo! I just fangirl squealed - haha! I love the gif and you still remember :wub:. The pain in their faces makes me ache. Gahh! I so want to watch this all over again! Thank you so much! And thank you for expanding my knowledge on acronyms - hehe.

By the way, my friend from before said that she will continue, so maybe I'll be able to tag along with her and watch the episodes with her - muhahahaha blush.gif.

Oh yes, please pass me the link still ^^. Maybe there will be other dramas in the future as well.

Don't you worry. The first thing I'll do once I type my review/opinion of Fashion King, I'll post it right here for you ^^. I'm just so honored that you find them "insightful".

Ouhh, I really like the recent episode. Is it just me or what? YooChun looks better and and better with each passing episode. Now, I find he looks even handsome - haha. Back on to the recent episode, I really loved how Lee Gak talked back to Tae Mu. The murderer vs liar talk-back was just too smart. I love it when Korean dramas add in those witty lines. It just adds more awesomeness to our main character! I also like how Bak Ha is so honest with her feelings... and it's funny how Lee Gak is so straightforward with all of it. Weren't people in the Joseon eras supposed to be more humble and moved at a slower pace when it came to love and such sort - haha? Maybe, I'm just used to seeing too many romanticized sageuks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey gals ^^!

For the 48th Annual Baeksang Arts Awards, The Princess's Man won...

Best Producer

Kim Do Hoon, Lee Sung Joon (Moon Sun)

Kim Jeong Min, Park Hyun Suk (The Princess's Man) *winner*

No Do Cheol (Twinkle Twinkle)

Yoo Hyun Ki, Song Hyun Wook (Brain)

Jang Tae Yoo, Shin Kyung Soo (Tree)

:D

Thank you for our dear chingu, Luna for posting up the results the the nominations!

Archived