50 things you can learn from a Korean drama.

Guest heygingersnap

Guest yufeifei

*The womenfolk, especially the elders, will hit you on the head, really hard, if you displeased them.

You can see this in almost all the Kdramas...and I pity the guys who almost always get the beating out of them.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahahahah not all of those were true, but that was hilarious! there were a couple that were right on the spot.

the cell phone (taking out battery) hahaha and the poor people wearing different clothes.. ahaha and make-up! omg. but isn't that why we love korean dramas? hehe woot.

Guest vondunker

This cracks me up. Really, alot of that happened alot in the k-dramas. Ironically they are the stimulatants which mesmerized so much fans for the drama.

Guest bichittybich

a lot of these are so true. they were all really funny. it always pisses me off when the characters take the battery out of their phone instead of just turning it off.

hahahahah not all of those were true, but that was hilarious! there were a couple that were right on the spot.

the cell phone (taking out battery) hahaha and the poor people wearing different clothes.. ahaha and make-up! omg. but isn't that why we love korean dramas? hehe woot.

Haha I agree with you that not every drama will have some of those points listed but nevertheless it is still a hilarious read. Still why they remove the cell phone battery if they dun want to ans a call is something I could never figure out, it's like the most common in Korean drama hehe. I have a Korean brand phone but I haven't tried tht yet when I dun wanna pick up a call :P

Korean people are still very conservative. From the numerous dramas that I've watched, a widow with a child/children will find it hard to remarry, what more a single mother. Often, an abortion is not due to choice but fear of condemnation by society.

Thanks for the info.

Still just got surprised by what the Kdrama Yellow Handkerchief tells there, abortion.

I understand that public scrutiny is being avoided and more important rather than the life of a child

The first time to see that in Kdrama wherein I am very much used to conservative Korean culture :)

Guest bellegray

HAHAHHA this is funny!!!!!!!

thanks for posting ^^

and about the taking out the battery, instead of turning off the phone...

I think that makes it more dramatic. I mean..just pushing a button on the phone..it isnt all that dramatic... :D

Guest soulrebel

OMG!!! this list is so freaking funny!!! i cannot help myself..i LMAO at my work place..n everyone rush to see what happen!!! luckily the boss is not here!! puahahaha!!

Guest kwave06

Based on the drama Yellow Handkerchief that I am watching right now, I want to ask

Why do Koreans prefer to have an abortion if they got pregnant without a husband

I'm so intrigued by that belief because they give more importance to what others may say rather than to save the life of a child

Specially the elders in the drama would want the lead actress to have an abortion

Is that how Korean culture is

Just asking? :)

glad you noticed this also. i just finished watching this drama 'i want to live' where a grandmotherly character is dragging the girlfriend of his married son to a hospital for her to have an abortion. she was telling the girlfriend that she has no right to become a mother an dif she goes on giving birth, the child will be taken away and given to her daughter-in-law. i was just so shocked that something like murder is condoned or tolerated or chosen over life. a fetus is a life. in 'my name is princess' the family was pressuring the younger sister to get an abortion so sh ecould donate her bone marrow to her older sister. in western dramas made in hollywood or elsewhere, the subject of abortion is discussed gingerly, sort of tiptoeing around the issue and never is it chosen as the best alternative. is abortion legal in korea? can somebody illuminate us on this very delicate issue? there seems to be no qualms about abortion used as a form of birth control.

Guest vignette

About the phone thing, I asked just posed that same question to a friend who stayed there for 3 months. She told me that she tried pushing the power off button once and it never functioned no matter how hard she tried and ended up removing the battery instead. She's not sure about the newer model though because she hasn't tried it yet but promised to do so once she goes back a month from now.

Guest lavender*sshi

Hahaha! I like the phone thing.. And it's really funny. They just take-off the battery instead of turning it off. Haha! Im also trying to do the same thingg. ^_^ So FUNNY! :D

Guest estelle

34) Girls will always storm off because they're mad and the guy will stoically grab them by the arm and swing them back- and by magic, not dislocate their shoulders.

lol LOVE THIS ^

Guest inquinn

and korean drama just give u endless supply of guys that just don't exist in real life

(not in my country at least)

not even close i tell u

and i'm speaking from all aspects, looks, character-wise etc.

sigh

these dramas are the best escape from reality u can get

Archived