50 things you can learn from a Korean drama.

Guest heygingersnap

Guest aquarigon

AHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAH!!!!! this is hilarious!!!=D

especially all the cancer ones...AHHAHAHA!!!

and the last one... love story in havard...when krw was ..jibbering about something..AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! i love this!! whoever wrote it is a genius!=D

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest localpinoy

i thought i posted earlier...but i think i an addition to this is:

the best way to reject a call without being so public about it is to take out the cell phone batter :P.

i see it in every drama so far...except for love story in harvard.

i really liked that comment about lsih...its funny how theyre supposed to be bright but they have bad english accents.

Guest MissMonika

I love these! So funny yet so true.

Something else that should be added on this list.

You can only carry someone by piggyback. Never once have I seen a guy carry a girl the typical way, a hand under her legs and her head on his shoulder.

Guest rainydays

This thread is brilliant! And my first post goes here. :D

May I also add what I've learnt? That...

1. They love to talk/touch/kiss the other characters when they're asleep. Surprisingly, the one asleep doesn't get awaken no matter how LOUD the talking/crying gets...

2. Most stories happen in Seoul. Makes me wonder if the other cities in Korea are so 'unhappening'?

3. The rate they "recycle" their supporting cast. I've watched The Vineyard Man, Which Star Are You From and MiSa back to back and I keep seeing this same girl, Ok Ji Young! -_-

Guest smiless

Hahahhaha. This is hilarious and soo true. I love it. If I were to add to this list:

51) The main female character is always poor while the male lead is super rich and owns some kind of booming business or something that makes a lot of money.

• 1 month later...

Haha! That was funny. Some of it is true too!

I don't know, but here might be another one:

You eat ramen out of the pot right after you've cooked it. Your pot lid is your bowl. Well Sometimes.

Guest maryuan

I just thought of these:

(which number are we on anyway?)

76. Even if you have the most stylish haircut, it has to be put up in a sideways ponytail in order to look better. And nobody tells you that you look ridiculous, especially if you have a plastic flower (or octopus) ponytail holder holding it up.

77. Someone asks you if you've gotten plastic surgery, and you say you haven't because you're too poor and a natural beauty, but you obviously have.

78. For as conservative of a country as Korea, incest seems to be a common occurrence. You either love your brother/sister/cousin/uncle/etc. from the start, or they turn out to be your brother/sister/cousin/uncle/etc. And in order to forget them, you wander around the streets of Seoul at night or try to drink yourself to death, or a combination of both.

79. You don't seriously love someone unless you've dialed their number inside a telephone booth and done a dramatic monologue when they're not even on the other line. You say that you'll forget them, but that one phone conversation will make you love them even more, enough to be replayed as a flashback or a voiceover when you're crying or getting drunk or crying while drunk.

Guest otherjinx422

29) If you don't want to answer your phone, you can't just turn it off. The battery

needs to be taken out.

Totally true, the first time I saw someone do this in a Korean Drama I was wondering why they didnt just turn the cellphone off. ^^ Heck! Even Xiah Junsu did it in the Unforgettable Love Banjun Drama they did.

Saranghe JJ Oppa. =3

hahah this is SOOO FUNNY! I've always been thinking about some of the things!

EVERY DRAMA... someone dies.... and it IS because of cancer!! hahaha

This is too funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

I loove these

+ 25) Even if you're poor and can't eat, you never wear the same clothes twice.

+ 28) Everyone has a long lost sister/brother/twin. Usually one they didn't know about.

+ 44) You'll get pregnant the first time you have sex.

+ 45) You'll get pregnant if he kisses you on the forehead.

+46) Hell- you'll get pregnant if you hold hands.

and....OMg this one!!!!

+48) One korean man can kick the butts of 6 gangstas. Especially when they all stand in a circle and attack the guy one by one. Then when each of them get their butts OWNED, they wise up and attack the guy at the same time. Then the guy will get pulverized and bleed out onto the dusty concrete floor of the empty warehouse they've found to fight in. There will be a fire in a trashcan somewhere. And the girl will have watched this the entire time, screaming in horror. Instead of calling 119, she'll just watch and cry. But it's okay. Cuz the next day the guy will be fine with a few random bandages and a few face scars. But never a black eye.

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD I loove it! I've remembered the clip anyclub of Hyolee & Eric when he kick the ten guys' asses xDDDDDDDDD So trrruuuuee

Guest soonysilly

OMG after i read these i cant stop laughing...so funny especially these one below:

6) There is a super quick payment device that allows you to pay a bill quickly enough for a guy to run immediately out of a restaurant after his angry girlfriend storms out.

24) If you stand out in the rain for more than five minutes, you'll end up with a fever and vertigo and people will rush you to the hospital to get some magic IV. And instead of taking an ambulance or driving they'll race you on their back.

27) If you're saving someone from being hit from a car, you'll push them out of the way and wait for the car to hit you instead. biggrin.gif couldnt be more true, their like a deer in headlights

OMG ..... OMG ...... hahahahah .... it's soooooo damn funny and true !!! :D:D:D

I just found this thread and eagerly read page after page. I just can't stop laughing .. :D ...

The list and your comments are all so hillarious. I think it's the most realistics and amusing thread.

Those things in the list have been annoying me since the fist K-drama I watched.

Btw, aren't those happen in real life (piggyback, drunk, eating ramen right from the pot, etc.) among Koreans ? I've long been very curious about these. But the worse of all is the way the elders hit the youngers on their head when they got mad.

Guest icedplatinum

i love this thread! this has so made my day - and many of it is surprisingly true! i never noticed it before but when i'm watching dramas now, i notice the things commented on in this thread and i smile like crazy when that happens. so when i watch dramas with my friends now, even in the sad bits like someone is dying of cancer and they're all crying, i'm still smiling like crazy because it reminds me of this thread~ haha.

Archived