Park Yong Ha 박용하

Guest babypink3397

Guest alexkziel

I'm not familiar with his work but I want to express my deepest condolences to his family, friends and fans. RIP

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest yongieee

o.m.g.

i was getting my hair done when we heard it on the radio.

WHY!!! i loved park yong ha so much

and i was sooo excited to hear about him and yoon eun hye collaborating for love song.

I LOVEDDDD him in a man's story and i was so excited to see more from him.

And it was so heartbreaking to see so ji sup crying!

R.I.P. and prayers to his family

I'm so sadd, he was such an amazing actor and singer

Guest winwetty

i'm too speechless...

RIP

my deepest condolences to his family

now how his father can cope with his only son death... :tears:

Guest chopstix_pudding

He was a great actor and singer. I love him in "Loving You" with Eugene.

It's too sad to hear that one of my favorite actor actually chose suicide.

R.I.P Park Yong Ha.

You will forever be miss. TT_TT

Guest naughtybynature

this is only the first morning without you - how do we move on knowing you're gone forever? you'll be sorely missed. RIP. Amen.

Guest nierah86

shocked.........so sad and don't know how to react. want to cry but the tears doesn't come. want to wait but the heart so aching. at last the eye start to crying.........the tears start droping, one bye one and countless...

R.I.P my beloved actor Park Yong Ha..........end of 29th June 2010....

Guest cutegit

omg I thought it was a different Park Yong Ha when I read the news.

I hoped that it would be a different Yong Ha.

But it's not. :(

I remember his Loving You days. I really loved him there. Such a great actor.

....why? :(

Hopefully, he is happy, wherever he is.

My condolences go to his parents.

Korea lost another great star.

Guest sayroo

Park Yong Ha was a truly great actor and his loss will be a great damage to all.

This is sudden and a sad moment for everyone here. RIP, Park Yong-Ha.

I'm soo shocked and sad at the news of Park Yong Ha's passing. At first I thought I was seeing things when I saw his name and read the news on Asian Fanatics. For one to come to the ultimate decision of taking their own life, must have been the last and final resort. I hope he finds peace and happiness in Heaven.

Guest nierah86

so sad...... don't know how to react. Want to cry but the tears doesn't come. want to wait but the heart to aching. then, at last the tears drop, one by one... and countless...

R.I.P my beloved actor Park Yong Ha...end the day of 29th June 2010.

It's hard to believe that he is not part of this world anymore.

Park Yong Ha, you probably had a hard time... that no one could ever understand.

Rest in peace. Just remember that you will be forever remembered from your fans.

You were one of the greatest actors out there, truly be missed.

Guest sbee97

RIP Park Yong Ha..

Gone too soon..

I really don't get whatever reason that made you took the decision to end your life..

with all of the talents that you had, it's just such a waste..

Deepest condolence to your family & friends who love you so much..

Guest ruffluv

this is just so unexpected.....surprising....shockingly saddd, just saddd.... :tears::tears::tears:

he's one of the very very few actors that i have soft spot for. normally i'll condemn anyone who committed suicide, there's always solutions to every problem in life. But when it comes to someone i like, i'm just speechless!

so talented, so young! You'll be missed, Park Yong Ha!

can't imagine what his mother (and his ailing father) are going thru right now.... :tears:

Korean govt. really has to do something to curb all these suicide cases. No actor in my country has committed suicide before. Even in Hollywood, the cases are once in a blue moon.

June 30, 2010

Actor Park Yong-ha found dead in apparent suicide

Reporter : Lim Hye-seon Editor : Jessica Kim

2010063008282435541_1.jpg

Actor Park Yong-ha [YONA Entertainment]

Singer and actor Park Yong-ha was found dead at his home today morning after apparently committing suicide, according to a police source.

Gangnam Police Station said Park's mother found the 32-year-old celebrity hanging himself from the cord of his mobile phone charger at around 5:30 a.m.

Police have yet to announce the details to Park's death -- they are investigating into the cause behind his suicide based on testimonies by his family.

A source close to the actor said Park had been having a hard time coping with his father's illness. "He had much filial love for his parents. I heard his father, suffering from a chronic disease, was recently moved home from the hospital."

Park's body has been placed at Seoul St. Mary's Hospital.

Park, 32, gained popularity throughout Asia after appearing in "Winter Sonata", a drama that first started the Hallyu craze, alongside top actors Bae Yong-joon and Choi Ji-woo.

He has also led a successful singing career in Japan where he has placed several albums within the top 10 ranks of the Oricon charts and won four consecutive Japan Gold Disc Awards.

Most recently, he had been set to star in the small screen adaptation of legendary Hong Kong pic "Comrades, Almost a Love Story," across actress Yoon Eun-hye.

A major Hollywood studio had shown interest in the series which was revving up to go into shoot around late July and air in Korea at the end of the year.

Reporter : Lim Hye-seon lhsro@ Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@ <10Asia All rights reserved> 10.asiae.co.kr

Park Yong-ha's devotion to father led to death, say sources

Editor in Chief : Hwang Yong-hee Reporter : Kang Geyong-rokEditor : Jessica Kim

2010063009372964381_1.jpg

Park Yong-ha [YONA Entertainment]

Sources close to singer and actor Park Yong-ha, who was found dead this morning in an apparent suicide, have said it may be Park's great filial piety toward his father that led to his death.

According to multiple sources, Park moved in with his father, suffering from late-stage stomach cancer, so he could look after him.

He had even been reconsidering his decision to star in "Love Song," a small-screen remake of legendary Hong Kong pic "Comrades, Almost a Love Story," to spend more time by his father's side, sources said.

The series, also starring actress Yoon Eun-hye, was set to go into shoot around late July and go on air in Korea by the end of the year.

Sources also said Park and his father were like "close friends," with Park taking his father on tour with him to Japan as well as often discussing his career with him -- Park's father was a famed music producer in the 1970s to 1980s and the manager of veteran singer Song Chang-shik.

Hence, being the devoted son he is, Park probably tormented himself over his father's illness and chose to commit suicide, explained the sources.

News of Park's death has stunned fans and the entertainment industry as the celebrity, also a popular figure in Japan after starring in smash-hit series "Winter Sonata" alongside Bae Yong-joong and Choi Ji-woo, had been actively pushing forth his career as well as taking part in volunteer work.

Having led a particularly successful singing career in Japan, placing several albums within the top 10 on the Oricon charts and winning four consecutive Japan Gold Disc Awards, Park had attracted 20,000 fans to a concert marking the fifth year since his debut in the country and was set to go on a three-month long 16-city tour starting last week.

He had also visited the Republic of Chad in Africa over several occasions since last year as a goodwill ambassador of non-profit organization Good Neighbors and had donated money to help build a school under his name, YONA SCHOOL, in the country.

Park was found hanging himself from the cord of his mobile phone charger at 5:30 a.m. in his house. His body has been placed at Seoul St. Mary's Hospital.

Editor in Chief : Hwang Yong-hee hee21@ Reporter : Kang Geyong-rok rock@ Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@

<10Asia All rights reserved> 10.asiae.co.kr

Actor Park Yong-ha Found Hanged in His Room

Actor Park Yong-ha was found dead of apparent suicide at his home in Nonhyeon-dong in Seoul early Wednesday morning. He was 33.

Police said the actor's mother reported she found him hanging from the cord of his cell phone charger in his bedroom.

Police are investigating based on statements from the family.

Park debuted with the TV drama "Theme Theater" in 1994 and became popular in Japan and Southeast Asia with his appearance in the soap opera "Winter Sonata" in 2002. He was also a singer.

Source: englishnews@chosun.com

20100630093421bodyfile.jpg

Actor Park Yong-ha found dead in apparent suicide

SEOUL, June 30 (Yonhap) -- Park Yong-ha, a Korean actor and singer, was found dead at his home in Seoul early Wednesday morning in what appeared to be a suicide, police said.

Park's body was found at his home in Nonhyun-dong, southern Seoul, at around 5:30 a.m. by his mother, police said, noting that he appeared to have hanged himself. No suicide note has been found.

According to his family, Park said "I'm sorry. I'm sorry," last night after massaging his father, who is terminally ill with stomach cancer. His family and acquaintances said Park had been severely distressed by his father's disease.

The 33-year-old actor and singer, who debuted in 1997, is widely known across Asia for his role in the 2002 hit drama series "Winter Sonata," and has also released song albums.

Last month, Park was cast as the leading role for a Korean television drama, which is a remake of the popular 1996 Hong Kong film, "Comrades, Almost a Love Story." The shooting was set to begin in July.

Source: ejkim@yna.co.kr yonhapnews.co.kr

Such a shocking news and sad day. Loved PYH in 'On Air' and looking forward to his new series. Such a wonderful singer too.. there will be no more like his All In rendition. :tears:

Omo T___T I was looking forward to his drama with YEH and I just read this at dramabeans and SYC. And I was going to watch some of his works before his new drama. May you rest in peace.

Archived