Park Yong Ha 박용하

Guest babypink3397

[ChanMi's drama news] Park Yong-ha in a new drama

ae_1274827262_-635558254_0.jpg

Park Yong Ha has been chosen as main character for "Tianmimi" Korean version!

This Korean remake of the drama will be directed by same director for "Winter Sonata".

As soon as the female character has been chosen, the filming will start!

This film has been picked as number 1 movie wanted as a remake.

Source : news.nate.com

Translation : Hancinema

Park Yong-ha to star in Hong Kong pic "Comrades" TV remake

Korean actor Park Yong-ha is set to star in the small screen adaptation of legendary Hong Kong pic "Comrades, Almost a Love Story," according to the film's producer Verdi Media on Wednesday.

Verdi announced that the actor has been cast as the male lead for the Korean remake while producers are still looking for an actress to play the main female character opposite Park.

"The film 'Comrades,' which was praised by three billion Asians, will be reborn as a high-quality Hallyu drama through the hands of the best Hallyu writer, producer, actors and crew," an official at Verdi was quoted as saying.

The series will be directed by TV producer Ji Young-soo ("Oh! Pil-seung Bong Soon-yeong", "My Fair Lady") and written by Oh Soo-yeon who penned smash hits dramas "Winter Sonata" (KBS2, 2002) and "Autumn Tale" (KBS2, 2000).

"Comrades," which starred top Hong Kong movie stars Maggie Cheung and Leon Lai, was the top-grossing foreign film when it was released in Korea in 1997. The film is an epic love story between two Chinese mainlanders who meet and fall in love in Hong Kong.

The local TV version, which will go into shoot around late July, is scheduled to air in Korea at the end of the year.

Park, 32, gained popularity throughout Asia after appearing in "Winter Sonata", a drama that first started the Hallyu craze, alongside top actors Bae Yong-joon and Choi Ji-woo.

He has also led a successful singing career in Japan where he has placed several albums within the top 10 ranks of the Oricon charts and won four consecutive Japan Gold Disc Awards.

Reporter : Lim Hye-seon lhsro@

Editor : Lynn Kim lynn2878@

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.ht...052613285208389

Park Yong Ha asks you to "Love me once again....."

parkyongha-20100526.jpg

for his upcoming drama.

Can anyone really forget the gorgeous Park Yong-ha? He has had a place in our hearts since his debut!

The “A Man’s Story” actor will be in the Korean remake of the Chinese hit “Tianmimi“. He will play the lead role in the drama. Like that is a surprise. Anyone would be crazy not to put this handsome face front and center! They have not picked a female leadfor the number one choice drama for remake. However, as soon as she is chosen, they will begin filming.

We all know an “Island Of Women” will all want to be apart of this “Man’s Story“.

Korea’s “Tianmimi“ premiere date has not be released because they are still casting.

Source : popseoul

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*** This is great news. I hope he's also going to sing the OST for this drama. This will be the best thing to happen...... I like him in On Air & Slingshot. He's the reason why I watched these dramas. I adore his voice when he sings. I'm happy that he's going to be back on the small screen again. I like him a lot that's why I'm keeping an eye to all his works. I'm curious & excited of who'll be his female partner here. :D:mellow:

Park Yong Ha signs on to new drama

May 26th, 2010 // by javabeans

parkyongha_52.jpg

Park Yong-ha will be returning to television screens in a drama remake of the popular Chinese film Comrades: Almost a Love Story (aka Tian Mi Mi, or 첨밀밀 in Korean), which starred Maggie Cheung and Leon Lai. This makes it a year since Park’s last project (and one of my favorites), Story of a Man.

Writing will be Oh Soo-yeon of Winter Sonata (which catapulted Park to fame) and Autumn Love Story; directing is Ji Young-soo of Oh! Pil Seung Bong Soon Young. According to producers, the drama plans to begin filming in July, after they have cast their female lead. They are aiming to premiere the show by year’s end.

Comrades, described as an epic love story, enjoyed tremendous popularity in Asia and was the most successful foreign movie of 1997 in Korea. The story spans ten years and features two people who move to Hong Kong from mainland China, and find love and comfort in each other while living in the lonely city. Their relationship withstands a separation and continues when they reunite in New York, again immigrants in a big city.

I have no idea how this will translate to kdrama form, but it should be interesting? Too bad I didn’t like either Autumn Love Story or Winter Sonata, but I’m willing ti give this one a try.

Via Star News

May 28, 2010

Park Young Ha To Star in Remake Drama of Movie ‘Tianmimi’

Hallyu star Park Young Ha has been cast as the male lead in the remake drama of the Hong Kong movie ‘Tianmimi,’ the production company Verdi Media reported in the news on May 27.

7396_1223_l.jpg

According to a person in the production company, the drama “Tianmimi” will be made in collaboration with writer Oh Soo Yeon, who has written dramas such as “Winter Sonata” and “Autumn Story,” together with production director Jo Young Soo, who made the drama “Oh! Pil-seung, Bong Soon-Young.” As soon as the female lead is cast, it will begin filming from the end of July. The target date for airing will be around the end of this year and the broadcasting station has not yet been decided.

The melodrama movie “Tianmimi” was made in 1996 by director Kexin Chen, and actor Liming and actress Maggie Cheung played the main male and female leads. The movie was a great success in Asian countries and it ranked atop the rankings in Korea among movies that people want to watch again.

A person in the production company said, “As the movie ‘Tianmimi’ has already proven itself by its three billion movie fans in Asian countries, we will do our best to produce a good drama with a Hallyu star and production staff members to make another Hallyu drama.”

Credit : KBS Global

http://english.kbs.co.kr/Entertain/Enterta...ew.html?No=7396

• 1 month later...
Guest curlyhairedteen

Oh My Goodness, I just found out he died I don't know what to say.... I was looking forward to his new drama but now he's gone. Im shocked that this has happen.

Guest chandra_andra

yes your right i just read that too..... tears.giftears.giftears.giftears.gif

OMG what happened to him??? recently Im glad he will have collaborating with YEH but now ohmygod im broken to read this news

Guest janita.lima

I'm speachless! Such a talented man and no one to give him a hand!

In the wedding pictures in May he looks extremely beat and sad, is it only me that sees that? :tears:

Rest in peace and I'll remember you through the day, I hope you've found peace.

Guest ^L4uRa^

i really cant believe it's him..

i mean, why him?!!!

he's not the one that looking like a person who will hang himself to death.. :tears: *sorryformywords*

but seriously... >.<

RIP Park Young Ha...

Guest vizion_

Rest in peace.... this came out of nowhere, I dont believe he would just suicide when he had so much promises in his life, may justice be shone upon his death.

uggghh I used to lurk this thread so much before...and now... :tears: He was such a great actor and I was really looking forward to his new drama too TT-TT he was one of my favorites... RIP PYH

I hope his friends and family will be ok~ I will always remember him and his characters fondly~

I just don't get it...young, talented, good-looking, slated to star in series with Yoon Eun Hye; With all the things that most men dream of having. It's a crying shame. What is going on in the Korean entertainment industry that these terrible, senseless human tragedies keep on being repeated?

Guest em.sie_1813

He's dead && no details yet about his case....

I wonder what happen..

He has a drama collaboration with YEH... all was set, && now this.... AWTZ! :unsure:

Park Yong-ha discovered dead at home

June 29th, 2010 // by javabeans

parkyongha_48.jpg

Breaking news: Park Yong-ha was discovered dead at his Nonhyun-dong, Seoul, home on the morning of June 30. Ill update with details if/as they become available.

I am in utter shock. WHAT?

Park Yong-ha died at the age of 32, having debuted fifteen years ago in youth shows like KBSs 1995 Love Blossoms in the Classroom and 1996s Start. He shot to fame with 2002s Winter Sonata, which made him a household name and a Hallyu star. He used that fame as a springboard a singing career in Japan, where he enjoyed quite a lot of popularity. He had a successful drama hit in 2008s On Air, and totally stole my heart in 2009s Story of a Man, which is one of my favorite dramas EVER.

Most recently, Park Yong-ha was cast alongside Yoon Eun-hye in the high-profile drama remake of Hong Kong film Tian Mi Mi, tentatively titled Love Song.

This is just awful. Horrible and unexpected. Currently they are not ruling this a suicide, but thats the foremost presumption.

Via E Daily, Mk.co.kr

http://www.dramabeans.com/2010/06/park-yong-ha-discovered-dead-at-home/

UPDATE

* The evening prior to his death (29th), Park missed a meeting with drama producers for his upcoming project Love Song. His manager couldnt get in contact with him.

* One producer said that they had seen Park occasionally in a down mood, but attributed it to news of Parks father suffering from cancer. His father recently moved back home from the hospital after his stomach cancer was deemed late-stage.

* Park reportedly died from hanging. He was found by his mother in his room with a cell phone cord around his neck.

* Around 12:40 am, he was with his father, massaging his fathers legs.

Park told him Im sorry over and over. He then went into his room, where he was found in the morning.

* Producers of Love Song are in panic mode because Parks passing leaves them without a lead. Yeah, eff you producers.

* Park had said in an interview that he suffered from depression, which was exacerbated by prolonged promotional activities abroad.

* One friend says, Theres no way to know the real reason, but when I met Park a few months ago, he seemed depressed. His fathers illness made things worse.

Source: dramabeans

My heart goes out to his family and friends. RIP, Park Yong Ha. I've only recently started noticing this promising actor and to have him taken away before his time is heartbreaking. I wish there were something that could have been done to prevent this tragedy.

Archived