Lee Kwang Soo 이광수

Guest adikkeluangman

Guest adikkeluangman

It’s Time for Summer Love for KARA in “Secret Love”
BqtzRABCMAEOdzo.png

Catch the KARA girls falling in love in the five-part television miniseries, “Secret Love.”
The pilot story, “Bucket List Number 13″ aired on June 13 featuring Goo Hara and Kim Young Kwang. Hara plays an average, girl-next-door  too shy to confess her feelings to a guy she’s liked for years. She, however, discovers that she is terminally ill and that her days are numbered. With nothing to lose but time, she creates a bucket list of everything she wants to accomplish in her last three months. Her brave, but comic adventures escalate to a whole new level when she rescues Kim Young Kwang from drowning himself in the ocean.
The next four stories, spanning out in eight more episodes, will feature Nicole, Ji Young, Seung Yeon, and Gyuri in their romantic, bittersweet encounters with Lee Kwang Soo, Bae Soo Bin, Yeon Woo Jin, and Ji Chang Ok Wook, respectively. The third episode will air on June 27, each forthcoming episode released every week.  
http://www.soompi.com/2014/06/21/its-time-for-summer-love-for-kara-in-secret-love/#.U6etnI2Sxc8

Seriously, does no one do the fact check or spelling on this article. 8-|
2014062109401317387_99_20140621094206.jp
kara-secret-love-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

June 30. 2014
[Herald Interview] Funnyman gets seriousActor Lee Kwang-soo talks about his recent role in film ‘Confession’ and his views on friendship and life
By Ahn Sung-mi The Korea Herald

When people talk about Lee Kwang-soo, they usually describe him with a smirk on their face. He is tall, skinny and very funny. 
He is best known for his role on TV entertainment show “Running Man,” which earned him various nicknames: “Giraffe” for his 190 cm height, “Prince of Asia” for his mysterious popularity in Asia ― he says he doesn’t understand why ― and “Icon of Betrayal” for his sneaky habit of betraying his teammates to survive. 
But little has been shown of what lies beneath the showbiz veneer: a serious, quiet and thoughtful 30-year-old man loyal to his friends.
His first lead movie role, in Lee Do-yoon’s “Confession,” could give him a chance to show his deeper side.
“When I first read the script, it hit me hard,” said Lee during an interview with The Korea Herald on Friday. 
20140630001565_0.jpg
Actor Lee Kwang-soo poses for a photo during an interview with The Korea Herald in Samcheong-dong, Seoul, Friday. (Yoon Byung-chan/The Korea Herald)
“The story and the character resonated with me for a while and I could really sympathize with Min-soo. He is a rare character who experiences heaven and hell throughout the movie. I wanted to convey what I felt about him to the audience.”
“Confession” is about friendship, as suggested by the Korean title, which literally means “Good Friends.” Min-soo, Hyun-tae (Ji Sung) and In-chul (Ju Ji-hoon) have been close friends for 20 years. All of sudden, however, they come across an unexpected accident and begin to doubt their friendship and loyalty to one another.
“Director Lee wrote a personal letter to us all about our roles before we got started. He described what he thinks of Min-soo and how he wants me to portray him. It helped me to understand Min-soo’s circumstances and character. Min-soo is not a fool. He does have an unfortunate childhood, growing up without his parents. But he is just a naive and good-hearted man who wants everyone to be happy. 
“I am like that too, I want everyone around me to be happy,” Lee said. 
“When I read the script, I found myself to be similar to Min-soo in many ways. He makes a radical choice, but he does so only because he thinks it would lead to happiness for his friends. He knows nothing better.” 
Lee thinks that the three type of friends in the movie can be easily observed in real life. 
“There are assertive friends, quiet friends and funny friends,” he said. 
“When I hang out with friends, I don’t have too many opinions. I enjoy taking care of my friends, especially detailed care. Also, I try my best to be loyal no matter what.”
People around him were concerned at first when he accepted the serious role of Min-soo. Even Ji Sung said at the movie press conference last week that he had worried a little if Lee could do his role well because of his deep-seated stereotype of Gwang-soo as a funny person.
“I’m not trying to change who I am,” Lee said. “I have been part of ‘Running Man’ since 2010 and it has already become a large part of me, just like a family. I don’t want to change that, nor find the need to do so.” 
He is aware that many people see him as an entertainer rather than an actor, but he enjoys being both.
“I used to think a lot about my fixed image and worried if I would disappoint people,” he said. 
“But as time went on, I came to realize that both being funny and serious is who I am. I wasn’t trying to be someone else when I was on ‘Running Man,’ nor when I was filming this movie. I think the key is to be truthful to each situation. 
“I am sure that as I build up my acting career, I will be able to find what I am really good at.” 
Lee debuted as a model in high school. After that, he was part of a theater troupe and worked as an advertising model, then appeared in two sitcoms, including the wildly popular “High Kick through the Roof.” 
He played supporting roles in the romantic comedy films “Wonderful Radio” and “All About My Wife” and also starred in the TV drama “The Innocent Man.”
“I want to keep playing diverse roles. Maybe for the next film or drama, it would be very interesting to play a bad guy because I have never played that role. And plus, I can’t live like that in real life.” 
“Ha Jung-woo’s character in ‘The Chaser’ is the kind of role I want to try,” he said
“Confession” opens in local theaters on July 10. 

July 2, 2014
Lee Kwang Soo Expresses His Confidence in Looks Compared to ‘Running Man’ Members
Newsen Jeon Ah Ram  Translation Credit : Yeawon Jung

Lee Kwang Soo showed his confidence in his looks.
During July 1’s broadcast of tvN’s Taxi, MC Oh Man Suk asked Lee Kwang Soo, “It seems like you have the most fans at the airport. What do you think makes you so popular?”
Lee Kwang Soo hesistated to answer the question and Lee Young Ja directly asked, “You are not thinking it’s because of your looks, are you?”
69752002.jpg

Lee Kwang Soo said, “Honestly speaking, I don’t think I’m considered ugly within Running Man,” expressing his confidence. 
Then Ji Sung jokingly said, “He is tall but you want to give him a hug. He gives off the feeling of being naïve. But that’s all planned out,” making everyone burst out laughing.
Photo credit: tvN

July 4, 2014
Lee Kwang Soo Is a Chic Modern Man for GRAZIA
by CallMeN00NA soompi.com
Actor and entertainer Lee Kwang Soo revived his inner model for a pictorial in Grazia magazine. 
For this fashion magazine pictorial, Lee Kwang Soo modeled chic summer clothes for the fashion conscious businessman. In one photo he puts on a serene look as he wears a patterned button up. Although this image is quite different than the overly excited persona he has as the betraying giraffe for the variety show “Running Man,” Lee Kwang Soo is all professional model in the photo. 
kwangsoo_grazia1.jpg
kwangsoo_grazia2.jpg
You can see more photos from this pictorial in the July issue of Grazia. Lee Kwang Soo is currently promoting his upcoming movie “Confession.” He recently took a picture with his “Running Man” cast and spoke frankly about what the show meant to him.

July 5, 2014
Lee Gwang Soo turns into a stylish & urban man
Source: STARN News 20140704130636_53b6284bba8ee_1.jpgLee Gwang Soo turned into a stylish and urban man.
Actor Lee Gwang Soo, who is actively continuing his career through variety programs, dramas, and films recently, shot new pictorials with fashion magazine 'Grazia.'
Lee Gwang Soo recently casted in a new film called 'Good Friends' as a guy named 'Min Soo,' who sacrifices all he has for his friends. He successfully showed another of him in the film, and he showed even deeper side of him through his new pictorials.
Lee Gwang Soo used to work as a fashion model before making his acting debut, and he is showing a fabulous look in the pictorials.
He is showing a chic look in a white shirt, a black vest, and black pants, and a great number of people are showing explosive reactions for his charming look.
Meanwhile, Lee Gwang Soo's new pictorials can be viewed on July edition of 'Grazia, and movie 'Good Friends' will be officially released on July 10th.
/Reporting by Lee Mi-Ji en@starnnews.com

July 6, 2014
‘Running Man’ Ji-Sung – Lee Gwang-Su, the birth of a new ‘Dumb and Dumber’ couple
Source: Innolife Korea
10161_1.jpg
The actor Ji-Sung gave off the unexpected charm as the ‘poker faced sly man’, which has been hidden until now, and gave advanced notice of the birth of a ‘new Dumb and Dumber couple’ with Lee Gwang-Su.
Ji-Sung, who has been thought of as the representative ‘soft charisma’, is about to show a completely different image. Ji-Sung, who went for the performance of the mission, as a couple with Lee Gwang-Su, dominated the filming set with his ‘weird, yet serious’ image that even outweighed that of Lee Gwang-Su, and thus notified the birth of the new ‘Dumb and Dumber’ couple. During the mission of ‘guessing the ingredient of dumplings’ that was conducted during the restaurant tour, Ji-Sung didn’t hesitate to put the hot dumpling in his mouth right away, wearing the eye mask and with the huge penalty right under his nose. He endured the heat inside his mouth and maintained his poker face, and showed off his strong will to win. He showed perfect teamwork with Lee Gwang-Su, who kept made weird comments, which was much contrary to his sharp image, which made every cast burst out laughing. Moreover, in the mission of running fast with the water balloon crown on the heads, he maintained serious face even at the moment of leaping and running, which captivated the whole area.
The production team said “you will be able to see the new aspect of Ji-Sung, not the traditional perfect image of his that has been widely known. His weird, flawed aspect of being sly and stubborn during the game, will give the viewers the original fun. Moreover, the guests who were rarely seen, such as Baek Sung-Hyun and Cha Yoo-Ram and others, will be leading the game with extraordinary will to win.” [사진=SBS 방송캡쳐]

July 9, 2014
Lee Gwang-soo's photo shoot: chic vs. fun
Source: OSEN via Hancinema.net
201407100805772152_53bdcb87de65b.jpg
Actor Lee Gwang-soo showed two different sides.
He had a photo shoot with the fashion magazine GRAZIA.
Lee Gwang-soo is dressed in black and white with his clothes well-fitting to his slender body line. He made an exclamation point with a bow tie on a white shirt and a matching black jacket, creating a modern fashion style. In another picture, he is wearing a rolled-up shirt with a black vest, presenting a clean and neat style.
He completed the photo shoot with charismatic gestures and poses. He didn't forget to monitor himself whenever he could and also didn't fail to smile and be a gentlemen to those around him.
Netizens say, "He's so attractive, where does it end?", "He has such long arms and legs", "I can't wait to see him in his new movie" and more.
Meanwhile, Lee Gwang-soo's new movie "Confession" is coming in October.

• 5 weeks later...

August 18, 2014
Lee Gwang Soo rising as the new 'Asia Prince' Source: STARN News 20140818100525_53f151546bbde_1.jpg
Lee Gwang Soo is rising as the new 'Asia Prince.'

Recently, actor Lee Gwang Soo is casting in channel SBS' new drama, 'It's Ok, It's Love,' as a guy named Park Soo Gwang, and his popularity is skyrocketing in Korea and many other countries.
Lee Gwang Soo recently left a deep impression to many movie fans through movie 'Confession,' and he succeeded in showing another great transformation through 'It's Ok, It's Love.'
'It's Ok, It's Love' had been talked about as one of the most anticipated Korean dramas of the year, and it is currently peaking high rankings in Chinese online video streaming websites. Gong Hyo Jin and Cho In Sung are playing as the title roles, but Lee Gwang Soo's huge popularity is also making a big contribution in the drama's success.
He is casting in the drama as a bright and positive-minded guy named Park Soo Gwang, and a great number of viewers are showing great reactions for his warmth and innocence.
Lee Gwang Soo is also appearing on SBS' variety program, 'Running Man,' and huge crowds always follow him around. 'Running Man' is currently peaking #1 on 'Ai Qi Yi(愛奇藝) Korean Variety Program Chart,' and #6 on 'Combined Variety Program Chart.'
In addition, Lee Gwang Soo currently holds 1.63 million followers on Weibo, and and 4 million on LINE. A representative of Lee Gwang Soo's management agency said, "A great number of fans are showing explosive reactions for him, and we are continuously getting a great number of calls for promotions, and advertisement contracts."
The representative went on, "However, we still have not found a great way to pay such huge supports back," and "We will keep doing our best."
Meanwhile, drama 'It's Ok, It's Love' airs on every Wednesday and Thursday at 10 PM, and 'Running Man' airson every Sunday at 6:10 PM.
/Reporting by Noh I-seul en@starnnews.com

hhh.png
#IceBucketChallengeLee Kwang Soo Ice Bucket Challenge with Kim Jong Kook: here
via LKS official FB
ssss.pngJae-Suk Hyung's #IceBucketChallengeHyung does not have a social media account, so I put this up  Yoo Jae Suk Ice Bucket Challenge with Lee Kwang Soo: here

August 28, 2014
'It's Ok, It's Love' A photo from Lee Gwang Soo & Lee Sung Kyung's kiss scene unleashed
Source: STARN News 20140828113843_53fe963376501_1.jpg
A photo from Lee Gwang Soo and Lee Sung Kyung's kiss scene was unleashed.
On August 28th, the production team of SBS drama 'It's Ok, It's Love' released a photo from Lee Gwang Soo(playing as Soo Gwang) and Lee Sung Kyung(playing as So Nyeo)'s kiss scene.
The average height of the two is 182cm, and the two are showing a fabulous look in the photo.
Lee Sung Kyung, who used to be a model, is 174cm tall, but she is still raising her heels to approach Lee Gwang Soo's lips.
On the other hand, Lee Gwang Soo is just standing with his hands in his pockets, and many people are showing great reactions for his chic look.
Many viewers who have kept their eyes on Soo Gwang and So Nyeo's romance are aware of all of the difficulties that Soo Gwang had to come through while loving her from behind, and they are showing huge reactions for their romance.
Meanwhile, 'It's Ok, It's Love' airs on every Wednesday and Thursday at 10 PM.
/Reporting by Kim Hye-in en@starnnews.com

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

September 30, 2014

Lee Kwang-soo dines with ‘Running man’ crew
By Park Gyu-oh KPOPHERALD

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=51&simg=2014093
Actor Lee Kwang-soo on Tuesday revealed a photo of himself dining with the members of SBS’ entertainment show “Running Man.” 
Lee gave a handsome smile and a message of “Yum-yum” on Twitter.
Many crew members from “Running Man” showed up, including entertainer Haha, singer Kim Jong-guk and actress Song Ji-hyo.

October 5, 2014

‘Running Man’ team on Asia fan meeting tour
Source: KPOPHERALDSouth Korean entertainer Ji Suk-jin released a photo that he took with costars from SBS’ variety show “Running Man” on Sunday.
The picture features “Running Man” cast members Ji, Kim Jong-kook, Haha, Lee Kwang-soo and Song Ji-hyo posing for the camera after a fan meeting in Hong Kong on Saturday. 
restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20141005
“See you again, Hong Kong. Thank you,” Ji wrote on Twitter alongside the picture. 

Following the fan event on Saturday, the “Running Man” team will host the event in Indonesia on Oct. 25, Malaysia on Nov. 1 and Singapore on Nov. 29. 

• 3 weeks later...

October 22, 2014
Korean-Indonesia Film to be held once again in Jakarta
Source: STARN News 20141022015546_544690127e673_1.jpg
Korea-Indonesia Film Festival will be held once again in Jakarta.

On October 21st, a representative of CJ CGV said, "'Korea Indonesia Film Festival' will be held from October 23rd until 28th in Jakarta, Indonesia once again."
Korean Cultural Center of Indonesia and Blitz Megaplex are hosting the event, and event was planned in order to celebrate the month of Korean culture (October) in Indonesia.
Korea-Indonesia Film Festival was held for the first time in June 2013, and a great number of local movie fans showed explosive reactions for the event.
It is going to the the second time for the festival to be held in Jakarta, and film presentations will be held at movie theaters in Jakarta, Bandung, Bekasi, Batam, and Tangerang.
The opening ceremony will be held on October 23rd at Blitz Megaplex Grand Indonesia, which is located in Jakarta, and ambassador Cho Tae Young of Korean Embassy, and many local politicians and celebrities will attend the ceremony.
Films wthat will be introduced during this year's 'Korea Indonesia Film Festival' include 'Roaring Currents,' 'SNOWPIERCER,' 'Miss Granny,' 'Spy,' 'Wolf Boy,' 'The Target,' 'No Tears for the Dead,' 'Mr. GO,' 'Secret To Greatness,' 'Pororo.' In addition, four Indonesian films, '5cm,' 'Nine Summers and Ten Autumns,' 'Dancer,' and 'Habibi' will be introduced as well.
Meanwhile, actor Lee Gwang Soo, who played in movie 'Good Friends,' will be appointed as the ambassador of the festival. Lee Gwang Soo said, "It is a great honor to get invited to such a meaningful festival. I will do my best so that Korean contents can improve continuously."
/Reporting by Lee Mi-Ji en@starnnews.com

• 2 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Film ‘Deoksuri 5 Brothers’ starring Chansung and Lee Kwang-soo to Open on December 4!
‘Human comedy’ film titled, <Deoksuri 5 Brothers> has been finally confirmed to open on December 4.
This film tells a story of 5 brothers, who always argue and fight. They start investigating together for the disappearance of their parents.
023.jpg

Yoon Sang-hyun appears as the oldest brother named “Soo-kyo” who lives up to principles. He is expected to show hilarious side of him, which he hasn’t shown so far.
Song Sae-byeok plays the second one named “Dong-soo” who has strong individuality. Actress Lee Ahyi takes on role of the third sibling named “Hyun-jung.”
The fourth sibling named “Soo-geun” will be played by Chansung of 2PM. His acting has been acknowledged by many people in his latest film <Red Carpet>. He will appear as a would-be police officer who is very loyal to his siblings.
Meanwhile, Running Man’s Lee Kwang-soo will appear as cameo who will add more fun to this film. His appearance is raising expectation for this film as well.
014.jpg

Lee Kwang-soo is showing remarkable talent both in dramas and variety show <Running Man>. He takes on role of an innocent police officer named “Park Soon-kyung.”
http://www.getitk.com/film-deoksuri-5-brothers-starring-chansung-and-lee-kwangsoo-to-open-on-december-4/?lang=en

Archived