2011 The JYP USA Audition Tour

Guest Tteokguk

Guest LeahHeartsDBSK

how do you know what number you are? On my application top left page, it says Toronto 01-000001 :S does that mean i'm firsT?

yea trhat most likely means your number 1 (: congrats~~~ it's good to be umber one cause you get to set the bar for everyone else and they can't compare you to anyone before you (: just make sure you get there SUPER early ><

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest something-like

the 'Specific Location Information' may be different for each city or for cities that dont have many turn outs.

...what?? For us torontoians, it's at the Toronto Korean Centre...1133 Leslie St.

idk what you're talking about

Guest HausEntertainment

yea trhat most likely means your number 1 (: congrats~~~ it's good to be umber one cause you get to set the bar for everyone else and they can't compare you to anyone before you (: just make sure you get there SUPER early ><

ahhah thanks :) but how do i know what time i should get there at?

...what?? For us torontoians, it's at the Toronto Korean Centre...1133 Leslie St.

idk what you're talking about

lol i'll be clearer. i meant that each city may have different 'Audition Registration Times'

Guest frostyVeins

Hi~ I am so glad this thread is so friendly ><

I feel super helpless right now applying for an audition because it keeps saying Unsupported File Extension, but I only have jpg & mp3... I tried different ways, and I didn't name them with symbols either. TT TT

Guest cjyvicky

im going to the vancouver one. what time does the audition start?

ANDDD DOES THE AUDITION GO IN ACTUAL ORDER WITH THE APPLICATION NUMBER YOU GOT? OR CAN WE JUST GO EARLY AND GET IT OVER WITH?

BECAUSE I GOT AN EMAIL WITH THE VANCOUVER SCHEDUAL AND IT SAYS 11AM-12AM #1~100

and i am #60 but i need to go somewhere so i want to go early

am i allowed??

Guest frostyVeins

ANDDD DOES THE AUDITION GO IN ACTUAL ORDER WITH THE APPLICATION NUMBER YOU GOT? OR CAN WE JUST GO EARLY AND GET IT OVER WITH?

am i allowed??

Me too.

& I am sure you have to go with your number or they have to skip you because they can't just go back to the numbers missed.

Guest bluebear847

am i allowed??

You can go early but there is no guarantee if you will be able to go earlier. They do go in order but it all depends on how many people with the numbers ahead of you actually show up according to the schedule. So it's somewhat flexible, they basically go in order of numbers by the numbers that are present. They also mix in the groups that are walk-in registering. I think it will also depend on how many people are actually auditioning at your location. So in my experience I thought I could be out of there at 11 because my number range was scheduled at 10 to 11 and I showed up at 8:30 knowing that some people would show up later even if they had an earlier number. But since they started like an hour and 15 minutes later and they were going in order they were not really near my number at 11. They also were switching between a group of pre-registered people and then a group of walk-in registration. So technically people that registered that day were going ahead of me even though they were in line after me because I was a way later number as a pre-registered person. So just a heads up the schedule times are just roundabout but it all really depends on the circumstances of that particular audition. But do allow yourself plenty of time to be flexible with for the audition and if you can get the whole day free for it I would. Because you never know what might happen and its not fun to kind of freak out like I was since I had to leave at a certain time but wanted to audition.

Guest frostyVeins

I actually have one more question; do you guys (esp. ones who have auditioned already) think it's better to sing in Korean, a song that fits Kpop/Ballad or one that shows your ability more? Thanks :)

Guest jaxije22

I have a similar question. Should I try to sing a song in Korean even if my pronunciation may not be perfect? It is not atrocious cuz I've been working on it for a while, but I'm not a native Korean speaker so.

Also, I would love to hear about everyone's LA audition experience!!! How was it?

Guest cjyvicky

You can go early but there is no guarantee if you will be able to go earlier. They do go in order but it all depends on how many people with the numbers ahead of you actually show up according to the schedule. So it's somewhat flexible, they basically go in order of numbers by the numbers that are present. They also mix in the groups that are walk-in registering. I think it will also depend on how many people are actually auditioning at your location. So in my experience I thought I could be out of there at 11 because my number range was scheduled at 10 to 11 and I showed up at 8:30 knowing that some people would show up later even if they had an earlier number. But since they started like an hour and 15 minutes later and they were going in order they were not really near my number at 11. They also were switching between a group of pre-registered people and then a group of walk-in registration. So technically people that registered that day were going ahead of me even though they were in line after me because I was a way later number as a pre-registered person. So just a heads up the schedule times are just roundabout but it all really depends on the circumstances of that particular audition. But do allow yourself plenty of time to be flexible with for the audition and if you can get the whole day free for it I would. Because you never know what might happen and its not fun to kind of freak out like I was since I had to leave at a certain time but wanted to audition.

ohohh aww thats too bad :((

Then do you think i would get to audition faster if i just re register at the walk in register thing??

Guest beguileiota

Anyone auditioning in New York?

I am! I'm in the 50's ~ forgot the specific number. What number are you and what are you doing for your audition?

Guest loveutomorrow

@'Munchkins

Ah, I see, thanks for clearing things up! :))

Also, since I live pretty far away, we're going to be driving six hours just to go there...if I'm number 188, when should I be there by?

Guest diligentsesame

@'Munchkins

Ah, I see, thanks for clearing things up! :))

Also, since I live pretty far away, we're going to be driving six hours just to go there...if I'm number 188, when should I be there by?

Hey, sorry I already sent you a PM but [i hate soompi's notification system and] I was wondering if you had any room in your car?

Also, looking just off the schedule they sent out...

11:00 am - 12:00 pm : 001 ~ 100

12:00 pm - 01:00 pm : 101 ~ 200

01:00 pm - 02:00 pm : 201 ~ 300

02:00 pm - 03:00 pm : 301 ~ 400

From what others have said, it sounds like you don't have to be super early but pretty much on time?

Guest lol00

Hey guys, I really don't think the numbers you guys got in your forms matters. When i got to the LA audition, I just went to the front desk and she wrote my number down and when i walked in I gave my paper to a lady in the front. I was in a group with mixed numbers. So, I don't think they go in order and plus they never said you had to be there in a specific time...

Guest Shaiza90

I am! I'm in the 50's ~ forgot the specific number. What number are you and what are you doing for your audition?

Hi!

I am in the 170's I think. I am rapping and singing for my audition. I'm thinking of rapping about 8 lines then switch to singing right away before they cut me off. And if they cut me off, I'll actually have the balls to tell them that I'm not done. I mean seriously...we all prepared hard for this right? I wanna leave an impression.

I'll be coming all the way from Massachusetts! It'll be crazy for sure. :lol: If you see me feel free to say hi!

Guest something-like

Hey, sorry I already sent you a PM but [i hate soompi's notification system and] I was wondering if you had any room in your car?

Also, looking just off the schedule they sent out...

11:00 am - 12:00 pm : 001 ~ 100

12:00 pm - 01:00 pm : 101 ~ 200

01:00 pm - 02:00 pm : 201 ~ 300

02:00 pm - 03:00 pm : 301 ~ 400

From what others have said, it sounds like you don't have to be super early but pretty much on time?

does this apply to all other locations as well? the times**

and if anyone here lives in markham...i hope i can carpool wit someon? heh

Guest ShrimpCrackerrr

Hi!

I am in the 170's I think. I am rapping and singing for my audition. I'm thinking of rapping about 8 lines then switch to singing right away before they cut me off. And if they cut me off, I'll actually have the balls to tell them that I'm not done. I mean seriously...we all prepared hard for this right? I wanna leave an impression.

I'll be coming all the way from Massachusetts! It'll be crazy for sure.  :lol: If you see me feel free to say hi!

i think that will leave a bad impression if they don't like you already. you will just be wasting their time because if they cut you off, obviously they heard enough. it can come off as rude and stubborn. i'm just warning you. you can do it if you want, but it will most likely leave a negative impression.

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

Hi!

I'll be coming all the way from Massachusetts! It'll be crazy for sure. :lol: If you see me feel free to say hi!

^ I'm warning you DO NOT DO THIS. They will only let some people sing longer if they are interested in them. If they don't then be expected to be cut off.

Archived