[Drama 2006] That Woman's Choice 그 여자의 선택

Though in all probability Jinjin will end up with the manager, I prefer to see her with Jangu. Her poverty-stricken life turned her to be materalistic and the opportunity getting out from being miserable presented itsef without much effort. The script ended not to my liking. I thought Jinjin would be happier with Jangu. They could be a couple with one dream, build & share a life both worked hard to improve thus be more meaningful. Jin can inspire Jangu more than Juri's ready-to-grab comforts.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Though in all probability Jinjin will end up with the manager, I prefer to see her with Jangu. Her poverty-stricken life turned her to be materalistic and the opportunity getting out from being miserable presented itsef without much effort. The script ended not to my liking. I thought Jinjin would be happier with Jangu. They could be a couple with one dream, build & share a life both worked hard to improve thus be more meaningful. Jin can inspire Jangu more than Juri's ready-to-grab comforts.

I agree. I was appalled that Jangu moved into the apartment Juri picked out for him and which she is probably bought/paying the rent. She even bought rings and he just went along with it. This could have been a great drama and that's the pity of it!

Guest ineedmoredrama

Someone slap Juri please! Where does she get off telling Jinjin to stay away from her man when she was the one putting the moves on said man while her cousin was still with him? Then again, slap Jinjin too for being all pouty face all the time. Geez, smile woman. Try some positivity.

Oh dear, I really need to restrain myself. Morning dramas really get me all worked up. And I agree with pint0... this drama really had the potential! Maybe it'll pick up, but it's totally disappointing right now.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest 2Van123

Juri is so irresponsible. She wants Daddy to bail her out of her debts. Although I don't agree with his reason for not wanting to do so, I agree in principle that its the easy way out. She got in over her head. Directing a children's play with a dialogue aimed at adults! How smart is that?! Then she goes off with JG to a bungalow owned by her parents?! And it is not in Jangu's character to let her go away with him so I think this is a major slip up by the scriptwriter.

The manager pursuing Jin is very annoying. I know he is a decent bloke but I just detest the way he tries to court her.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest b00kw0rm

Yesterday's episode was a breakthrough in the field of medical science! The doctor asks the injured Jin who's lying in bed if she could TRY BREATHING AND LET HIM KNOW IF SHE CAN! Hello doc, if she hadn't been breathing before your instructed her to do so wouldn't she like .... I don't know ... be DEAD?!

Juri is a piece of work. She thinks her parents are obligated to pay off her debts. If she feels that is her right as their daughter, what makes her think she can live as a struggling artist's wife? Does she think Daddy has to continue upkeeping her and hubby in the style she is used to? And Jangu, can't you see that this woman you profess to love is nothing more than a spoilt greedy child? I hate that they will end up together.

^ LOL ... i think the translation in kbsworld is like getting worse and worse these days although the script for this drama is probably ludricrous as well. anyway ... wow ... so Jangu has fallen for Juri so easily? *roll eyes*<_< i hope the dad stand firm & refuse to cave in to juri and pay off her debts. he should just disown her & let her try to live on love alone and see if that's still romantic. tongue2.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Jangu lectures Juri's Mom on taking responsibility for her actions. Yet he and Juri run away when he knows she has a mountain of debts. At the start of the drama, I had a soft spot for Jangu. Even though I thought he lacked ambition and seemed a little too comfortable to let his woman run around ragged to put food on HIS table, I thought he was still at heart a decent bloke. But the more time he spends with Juri, the more annoying and selfish he seem to become. In fact, becoming like Juri! I don't know if he is really in love with her. He talks often that he doesn't want to lose another g.f. and what it means to have one person to love this poor orphan boy (whine! whine! whine! full of self-pity!). The manager arranges for Jin to transfer back to HQ and she moves in to share an apartment with him. Do either of them not realise that her Uncle could easily spot her in the building!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest b00kw0rm

The Dad alerted the moneylenders on Juri's hideaway! I feel like a little sorry for her. I do agree that its wrong for her to expect her parents to pay the hugh bill (live within your means!) and on top of it, to run away without giving even a thought to this. I don't understand the manager's Mum. She knows what Juri's Dad is planning to do and will not help her son. Instead she tells him that he is training him to be a good son-in-law. I guess you have to be Korean to understand some of the dialogue and scenes!

Guest 2Van123

Juri is a chip off the old block. The way she treats Jin is the way her Dad treats people who displease him.

But I hated the way Jangu used Jin to make Juri jealous and upset. He knows how Juri feels about Jin. He almost told her that Jin is her sister and she should not be so mean to her. Yet he sends her back home even more angry and jealous of Jin, knowing full well they will encounter each other. Now she will use her new position to make Jin pay for every imagined wrong!

Guest b00kw0rm

Sigh, that's really a long way to go! This could have been a really great show.

Jangu lied to Jin. He gave her the impression that Juri misunderstood them and didn't own up that he deliberately set up the scene. When Jin said it was not fair on her, he didn't apologise. Now I remember tiki said that Juri is going to keep interfering in Jin's relationship with the manager. She's out for revenge!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest 2Van123

We heard often enough that Jin's Moms are identical twins. Yet the publisher guy said that Juri's Mom was famous in their village for being the village beauty. He doesn't seem to realize that she has a twin? Or that it was her twin who actually dated him!

If Juri's Dad loses his wealth, it would be a triple blessing. He would suffer financially and even better, his pride couldn't take such a blow! But the icing on the cake is that Juri and her Aunt would have to do some real work and not sit on their butts, spewing nonsense and ploting mischief.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest 2Van123

The publisher was interested in Jin's colleague but now seems to have settled with Juri's aunt. The colleague has turned out to be a very caring and kind person. Very unlike Juri's aunt. Not that their stories are interesting but if he should someone, he shouldn't pick the vain, spoilt aunt.

Guess the story is ending soon since it looks like the Manager's Mom will take revenge on Juri's parents by spilling the secret. Gee, she is the one who started the mess so will she punish herself!

Guest b00kw0rm

Thanks, tiki :) I logged in to enquire about this and voila!, you beat me to it! According to the cable tv guide, today was supposed to be the last episode. I wondered what kind of ending it would be with so many things hanging in the air!

I thought Juri's behaviour was really low but this week, she has gone even lower! Unbelievable. I don't see why she deserves a happy ending.

Innocent Woman ... I didn't enjoy that drama. And if I'm not mistaken, the main lead was interviewed just after the drama ended and she said that she hopes her next drama would be a better one! I can totally relate to that! I will be skipping that re-run entirely.

Guest 2Van123

Bookworm, I read the same thing .. but it wasn't the main lead of Innocent Woman. I believe it was Happy Woman. Were you mistaken? Or it could be that I'm wrong. I saw on the schedule that Happy Woman will be shown at the weekend slot, taking over the recently concluded Jungle Fish 2. It stirred up a lot of angry posts when it was first aired. Lets see what happens second time round!

I am amazed that Juri could tell her Mom that her Dad lived his life for them. I would have thought she'd figure out by now that its the opposite!

I am skipping BOTH re-runs, I didn't watch Innocent Woman the first time either and felt cheated with the open-ending for A Happy Woman. I even tweeted my displeasure at KBSWorld for turning it into a station of Re-Runs for its daily series Imagine nothing to watch in the mornings and afternoons. Now there's only new shows for the Prime-time mini-series time-slot.

Archived