[Drama 2011] Miss Ripley 미스 리플리

Guest JPhylls

Well said Imogene about LDH and her roles. My love and respect for her as an actress grew more for taking this role at this time. A role of anti-heroine which she knows she will be hated in it. We know she has been seeking for such a role for sometime and she said when she took it that this is the role she always wanted to play. I am happy that the time finally came for her to take it and I don't know, may be I am biased, but I really think she is doing great job in it and she amazed me in quite a lot of scenes here.

Saying LDH likable or unlikable relates to our different opinions and personalities and aside from that as you said Imogene I am happy that at last people are talking about her performance and appreciate it even that it is a hateful character although I believe some people sometimes connect it to LDH herself LOL :lol:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew it. The peachy and idealistic YooHyun will just be a part of his growth, Miri shattered him.

I must say, I haven't watched the episodes with subs yet, but Park Yoochun has shown a lot of depth in portraying his character's change. Anyone who says he cannot act needs to watch his smooth and for me, heartbreaking transition.

I wonder if they will take the Painted Veil route and "punish" the girl by acting coldly towards her.

Look at him... how can he be cold and hurt at the same time?

*quoted image*

He has come a long way.

Credits: BNTnews

Edited to Add: Though, I must not forget Lee Da Hae and Kim Jung Tae's (Hirayama is such a scene stealer!) scene today was just as intense. But I just gave props to Yoochun because I feel people always dismiss him as the weakest in acting and weakest in character here, when I just think they just needed a little patience to see YooHyun react to the betrayal.

Totally agree with you regarding Yuchun's acting.

I thought Yuchun's acting in the last 2 episodes were so convincing as someone who was betrayed by the person he loves and trusts.

You can really feel the gamut of emotions he's going through just by looking at his facial expressions. With Yuchun's acting, less is more...

Also would like to say that everyone in this drama, the acting is just impeccable, IMO. Can't wait for the next episodes.

Guest good123

Medium Quality

Miss Ripley Ep.12

200 Mb MKV File

msripleye12xvidhanrels.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://hotfile.com/dl/123179158/66198c2/Ms.Ripley.E12.XviD-HANrel.mkv.html

or

http://www.easy-share.com/1916493176/Ms.Ripley.E12.XviD-HANrel.mkv

or

http://www.fileserve.com/file/egk8SYs/Ms.Ripley.E12.XviD-HANrel.mkv

or

http://www.wupload.com/file/43904265/Ms.Ripley.E12.XviD-HANrel.mkv

Guest liaahx

Lee Da Hae has said for a long time that she wanted to try playing an ambitious career woman, because she's never done something like that before and it would be a challenge (I'm sorry that I'm kind of repeating what imogen_af is saying). I remember her saying this even as far back as My Girl. It's sad that it's taken so long for her to find such a role, it shows the lack of diversity in female roles in the Korean drama landscape. If anything I think her taking on Jang Miri shows that she's a lot more serious about acting than people give her credit for. Jang Miri is not a likable character that is going to gain her many fans, in fact, it might do the exact opposite, and I'm sure Lee Da Hae knew this at the onset. What the character is though, is a well written, interesting depiction of an anti-heroine, which I think is exactly what drew Lee Da Hae to the character.

I always thought the dislike for Lee Da Hae is misguided. Her personality may not be to everyone's liking, or her appearance not appealing to some, but I never understood how anything about her was offensive to those who disliked her so much. At the end of the day, she's a very hard working actress, who is actually pretty progressive when it comes to acting and female roles.

Guest laceytam

hmm

its already episode 12 and there is not much scene of hj

i think the chance of yh and hj getting together is very low tears.giftears.giftears.gif

and in todays episode when hj says she want to leave for study and miri says that she needs her ,for what?

Guest rodyasonya

This is my first time writing here, basically because of my poor english but i've been reading and enjoying  

the thoughts about the drama. I think this drama is underrated, I didn't think that I would like it so much but now I can't wait until next week. 

About the characters, throught the drama i've been changing my feelings towards them:

Miri: I pitied her at first, her past was horrible and I couldn't judge her because I don't know what 

I would have done in her place,but now I can't make excuses for her anymore and I can't 

believe her love for Yoohyun either, because I can´t tell the diference between the real

and the fake Miri, maybe even her can´t tell. I think and hope that in the

end she will find happiness without money or status, I'm wating for Lee Hwa's downfall instead of Miri's.

Hee Joo: I disliked her in the beggining, then I started to root for her and Yoohyun but not anymore.

I was hoping for her to unmask Miri but her character is very bland, I understand the forgiveness 

because she was feeling guilty but it has been to many things.

Myung Hoon: He felt in Miri's trap so easy but we have to see his circunstances, he had a divorce, 

his mum was ill, he felt lonely and the fact that he was in his 40 and the middle age crisis didn't 

help either. Miri was young, charming and for him she was like a breath of fresh air. 

I've watched chap 11-12 without subtitles so I don´t know how is he feeling

now about her or if he would forgive her in case she asked for.

Yoo Hyun: The puppy seemed so inocent, but at the same time sometimes you could feel his coldness 

behind his charming smile, now are we watching the real yoo hyun? he is scary now, 

I don't know how he'll react but I wouldn't like to be in Miri's place.

About the acting I've watched Lee Da Hae in Chuno, Robbers and My girl but this is my favourite role of hers

I hope that she continues to challenge herself with new complicated characters.

Kim Seung Woo is indeed a very good actor, maybe I should watch Iris?

I've watched Kang Hye Jeong  in some movies and I like her in there and in Ripley but I think her character

is the less atractive in terms of showcase acting abilities.

About Yoochun I must say that I started to watch dramas like a year ago but I didn't watch SKK until march

and I'm not into k-pop so I didn't know about him, but I enjoyed his performance there, it was subtle but he 

could convey his emotions and he grow with every chapter. In Ripley he is growing as an actor too and 

I'm liking him even more. In kdramaland overacting is very common so when I find an actor who doesn't need 

to distort his face to express his feelings I'm very pleased, for me he is not an idol actor anymore.

Beware of my comments if you don't want to be spoil for ep12.

I just realize that after today's episode, the chances of Miri & YH getting together at the end are really slim (especially now that it's official both of them are step siblings).

In addition, her every reaction/words are not clear & as an audience we don't know if she's sincere or just acting out for her own selfishness. I believe that she could love MH & them ending up together would be socially acceptable and convincing. The only problem is, she's telling herself she doesn't love him (& we don't know if she's truthful on this part). However, her action speaks different. She visited MH's mother's funeral & have had happy memories w/ him (not to mention she actually reflect on their relationship through flash back). As for YH, she has yet to take a moment & see if she truly loves him or not. In YH's case, Miri actually tell herself & other people that she loves him. Again, we don't know how much is actually truthful (although, she did say she's "sincere" every time she says she love YH but it's not enough to convince us because there's a difference between wanting somebody's love & actually loving someone). Her action w/ YH speaks different, because she certainly doesn't know how to treat someone who loves her & whom she claim she love (but then again I don't think she knows how to love anybody). In the end, I don't think YH & Miri took enough time to get to know each other to call it love. I would like to say that both of them are blinded by each other's beauty (is my best explanation heehehehhhehhe).

ON A SIDE NOTE: I just want to add that Yoochun did an amazing job acting as YH for the last 2 episode. I had prepared myself knowing that YH was going to get hurt when finding out about Miri'. But wooow....when YH was talking to Miri at the restaurant & trying to give her a chance to explain things to him, I had a tear roll down my eye. I just felt so bad for him & my heart still ache after re-watching the scene again.

I believe that just because YH & Miri are the leads (especially in the second-half of the drama) doesn't mean that both of them deserve to be together. I believe that YH deserve someone better (then Miri) & that he will find happiness. Miri deserve a better life & the writer own her that (given the fact that she never had a normal life since birth).

Guest singapore0950

here are some screencaps!!!

ep.12

r1.jpg stressed!!:(

r2.jpg ~ what special guest invited? :sweatingbullets:

r3.jpg overheard their conversation? possible. isnt?

r4.jpg Oh look @ she? fury.giffury.gif

r5.jpg

r6.jpg Poor YH :huh: :huh: SHocked!!

r7.jpg

sigh!!!

I want romance scene. please!!! Could YH forgive Miri?

thanks for the explained and translated as well:D

THanks, for semi-fly and I able to watch torrent video. LOL

Guest wls2948

the story seems to head towards a bad ending for our Miri :crazy:

it would be so satisfying to see Miri redeem herself rather than going the bad way. I am so stressed thinking Miri is going to have a tragic or sad ending like ending in jail or deported back to Japan or going back to her old job. Please, writer, give Miri a chance :sweatingbullets:

I haven't watched episode 11 or 12 yet. But after reading the recaps and the spoilers here, I don't think YH and Miri will end up together though I think if there had been time, something could have happened in that direction. We have just four episodes left and lots more to happen and Miri's fall is not yet complete for her redemption to even begin. As many have pointed out, Miri needs to finally confront her mother and let go of her feelings of abandonment along with doing her penance for her to turn over a new leaf. Now Miri is too psychologically damaged to even recognize the gamut of emotions she has for the people around her like MH, YH or Heeju. The only person Miri has truly loved is her mother. I would be happy if there is a mother-daughter reconciliation at the end where her mother asks for her forgiveness. I hope, after that, she gets to spend some time with her mother who will give her some of that love she has always wanted. Perhaps then the healing process will start for Miri. About Miri's mother, it is a given that she was quite insincere and cruel as a mom, but I do think there is genuine feeling for her second husband. YH's Dad always tells him to be kind to his mom which should mean he is happy with her, no? Can you be fake throughout your married life? The mask ought to slip sometime, right?

I too agree with apqaria, imogene and liaahx regarding LDH. I have never understood the so called negative public image of LDH coz many a time, it has been a case of a mountain out of a molehill.Still, I feel that if it is that which has made her stop caring about her image and go for really daring and challenging roles for an actress like that of Miri, it sure has been a blessing in disguise. Hats off to her for going for a role that wouldn't gain her any popularity except perhaps with those who can appreciate the great job she is doing. It is a treat to watch the permanent look of being affronted on Miri's face as though the whole world is her enemy and she can't wait to pick a fight with it. Anyway, I hope the role of Miri will earn her many accolades and that more roles like hers will be made available for actresses in k-dramas.

This is the only drama whose recaps I read before watching coz I so cannot predict what is coming next. But once you read the recap, you feel like why go through all that pain again! But then once you start watching, you get caught up in that world again and realize that no recap can ever do justice to the myriad emotional pulls on each character or bring out these many conflicting emotions in you as a viewer. This is one rare drama where you can never be sure you have figured out the characters completely.

I am so happy Yoochun has been able to pull off the transition to the darker Yoohyun. It is no mean feat for a newbie like him. I am sure working with such a fabulous and experienced cast has helped him a lot in terms of acting, which was why he joined the "Ripley" team in the first place. Looks like the ratings are slightly up. Hope it will continue like this.

Guest upamak

[NEWS] Ripley in Discussion to Be Extended from 16 Eps to 20 Eps!

Posted on July 6, 2011 by jyj3

MBC Miss Ripley Discussing Extension. 16–>20 Episode Examined

MBC Monday-Tuesday drama Miss Ripley is discussing whether to extend.

According to an MBC affiliate on the 6th, Miss Ripley is examining a plan of extension.

Miss Ripley is a 16-episode work and if it were to proceed as originally planned it will end on the coming 19th. But if it were to be extended in length it will become a 20-episode work and come to end on August 2nd.

The affiliate relayed: “It is not confirmed yet but there is a possibility that Miss Ripley will extend. An extension of about 2 weeks is in discussion. Because of this, the follow-up piece, Kyebyuk, is undecided in its airing date as of today.”

On the other hand, Miss Ripley is an authentic melodrama that has portrayed the desires and love of the people, hidden by the extravagant successes and failures, with a hotel as the background. It is gaining popularity with the main actors gaining praise—Lee Dahae who is the female lead Zhang Miri who has fallen into the pit of lies, and Kim Seungwoo, Kang Hyejung, Park Yoochun,, and such.

Source: Star News

Translation Credit: JYJ3

Guest cococrust

ep 12 c-sub

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ibybnx

MBC Happy Time Best NGs c-sub 07-03-11

http://www.sendspace.com/file/blp6qx

Guest babyfaceyoochun

Will "Miss. Ripley" win back first place from "Babyfaced Beauty"?

photo180295.jpgMBC drama "Miss. Ripley" is drawing more attention as Lee Da-hae's secret is revealing itself and the viewer rate has gone up.

According to AGB Nielsen Media Research on the 6th, "Miss. Ripley" on the 5th rated 13.9% which is more than 12.9% from the previous day.

On this episode, Song Yoo-hyeon (Micky Yuchun) found out the relationship between Jang Myeong-hoon (Kim Seung-woo) and Jang Mi-ri (Lee Da-hae). He also went to find Hirayama (Kim Jeong-tae) to ask if Jang had approached him intentionally becayse of who he was.

Meanwhile, KBS "Babyfaced Beauty" has ended and whether or not "Miss. Ripley" can win back the first place is in question.

"Babyfaced Beauty" rated 16.2% and SBS "Warrior Baek Dong-soo" rated 10.6%.

Source : news.nate.com/view/20... ( Korean )

Copy & paste guideline for this article<br style="font-family: Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; ">Always put a link back to the source and HanCinema permalink

Lee Da Hae reveals her slim figure

20110704_lee_dahae_1.jpg

Actress Lee Da Hae stunned netizens with shots of her everyday self!

Candid pictures of Lee Da Hae from her filming in China were uploaded onto an online community site, and have been receiving much interest.

The pictures were taken on July 3rd when the ‘Miss Ripley’ crew went to China for their filming. The shots emphasized Lee Da Hae’s slim bodyline and charming facial expressions.

This isn’t the first time that Lee Dae Hae’s candid pictures became of hot interest. Back in May, Lee Dae Hae uploaded picture of herself on her Twitter when she was in Japan for the filming of ‘Miss Ripley’.

Source & Picture: TV Report

translation : allkpop

"Miss. Ripley" Micky Yuchun shocked and astonished at Lee Da-hae

photo180337.jpgMicky Yuchun is in shock at the truth of Lee Da-hae.

MBC drama "Miss. Ripley" on the 5th showed Song Yoo-hyeon (Micky Yuchun) overhearing a conversation between Jang Myeong-hoon (Kim Seung-woo) and Jang Mi-ri (Lee Da-hae) when they were invited to his house.

Mi-ri told Myeong-hoon about his mother coming to find her and said, "I understand your mother's feelings but I don't want to hear her tell me to re-think things". Myeong-hoon replied, "I don't expect things to happen again. It's my fault I loved you and made you like this".

Yoo-hyeon was overcome with shock at the fact that the woman Myeong-hoon was deeply in love with enough to get married was Mi-ri and started suspecting her. He thought about the time she ran away from Hirayama (Kim Jeong-tae) in front of the hostel and how her attitude towards changed totally after the hotel reception.

In the end, personally asked Myeong-hoon about his relationship with Jang Mi-ri and he was overcome with shock once again as Myeong-hoon said, "I liked her a lot. I was happy to see how she changed everyday".

Yoo-hyeon also started understanding who Hirayama was. He ran a big pub in Japan and started a pub in Korea almost at the same time as when Mi-ri got to Korea and suspected something was going on between them.

The last scene of this episode was of Yoo-hyeon sending someone to bring Hirayama and the next weeks preview showed Hirayama showing him a picture of her hostess days and saying, "You didn't fall in love with Jang Mi-ri".

What Yoo-hyeon will do now that he knew about her truth is making viewers wonder.

Meanwhile, Jang Mi-ri went to find Hirayama and begged, "I truly love Song Yoo-hyeon so don't say anything to him because I will do whatever you ask me to".

Source : news.nate.com/view/20... ( Korean )

Copy & paste guideline for this article<br style="font-family: Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; ">Always put a link back to the source and HanCinema permalink

[NEWS] MBC Being Kept Alive by “Singers” – Yoochun Being One of Them

From Park Yoochun to Jung Jaehyung. MBC Being Fed By Singers.

htm_20110706100730c000c010-001.jpg

The powers of the singers are strong on the MC dramas and variety programs. All throughout the week on important programs singers are leading, and there is even talk that “MBC is fed by the singers.”

In Miss Ripley which is being aired and is a Monday-Tuesday drama, group JYJ’s Park Yoochun is appearing as lead. This is his second time acting following last year’sSungkyunkwan Scandal but he is pulling off nuanced emotional scenes and is receiving praise. The evaluation is that he is contributing largely to the increase in ratings by securing JYJ’s existing fans as regular viewers.

[Parts unrelated to Yoochun omitted]

Joongang

Source

Translation CreditJYJ3

Archived