[Drama 2011] Miss Ripley 미스 리플리

Guest JPhylls

Guest thanhdda10

If MR loves YH enough she should tell him the truth now, it will hurt YH but it will hurt him alot more if he finds by himself later. Love needs actions not just empty words

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest reijaye

If MR loves YH enough she should tell him the truth now, it will hurt YH but it will hurt him alot more if he finds by himself later. Love needs actions not just empty words

easier said than done..

if MIRI doesn't tell YH the truth it doesn't mean she doesn't love him maybe she's just scared or too coward to tell him

i've been in that situation before that's why i know

Guest orionbynes2010

I agree. But it's not a full blown love yet. Miri just barely left the cage of melancholy. She is still processing what love is. This is the first time in 25 years, she experienced and received love. It was just recently, HJ inadvertently made Miri aware of the term love and what it means to her. 

Love to Miri is like a tough mathematical problem, she is still wrapping her head around it and trying hard to understand the logistics of it and how the formula is key to solving the problem. It's rather cute :)

I strongly believe once Miri cracks the code and fully understand the true meaning of love, she will disclose herself and even sacrifice herself to save the one she loves. I hope this is the route the writer is taking.

This show is so awesome, it makes us ponder on so many important issues and that we get to see diverse opinions on each matter. 

Once I go to college, I hope to find someone like YH. I never experience romantic love before, never gone out on a date or ever go to any school dances or other social functions. I mostly learn about love by reading many books, observing other people, and watching dramas. I am in a sense like Miri, I never experienced love yet except from my grandmother who is raising me. My parents died when I was a baby, but I am lucky to have a terrific grandmother. So that is one of the reasons why I sympathize greatly for Miri. 

I also agree w/ what orionbynes2010 said about Miri not fully there yet when it comes to loving YH (at lease to the extent that he seems to be loving her).

If the story goes by the song "Glass" I don't think she will ever tell him. I think he will eventually find out himself. Also, at this stage in the story, I believe Miri's got only one goal. That goal is to get on top through whatever means & anything else is not even in her mind. Take for a couple instant: she fake her diploma then works at a big company (even be the face representative), takes her friends design (as her own) then works at prestige school, chose YH over MH and through all these instant not even once did it occur to her that the bigger the price the easier it will be for them to dig up her past (especially w/ the whole world now watching). She may be street smart but not book smart. If she was smart, she would of chosen a lesser known school & chose a guy that isn't in the public eye.

So to get to what thanhdda10 said about Miri telling YH everything if she love him (again she's not quite there yet) and most importantly her mind has not thought that far yet. For example, when YH told her about the media digging up her past because she is dating him, Miri had a surprise look as if she never though about it.

Since she chose a dangerous path, what would be interesting to see is how these 2 man (who loves her equally) will come to her aid.

Guest wls2948

the drama producer did say Miri will experience true love for YH. I believe Miri will do the right thing for YH. I just hope it will not mean her death by suicide or death at the hands of her pimp. I want Miri to have a chance to start over and be free from her past.:((

Guest Upii_88

Someone just checked and said that IMBC made a mistake and Ripley will air as usual.

Ep. 11 preview says that MH still wants to get back with Miri even after he knows about her past. credit: goes to whoever translated it, i just happen to read it on my twitter through 6002yuchin 

I don't think he knows about her forgery yet?? I mean someone can be a prostitute and go to college at the same time. I don't know. 

By the way Ep. 9 and 10 is now subbed at Viki

It is only available to North American Viewers but now also opened to Europe. 

http://www.viki.com/channels/3339-goodbye-miss-lovely-goodbye-miss-ripley

If you watch it with subs, Miri tells Heejoo that she started off with a lie but she really wants everything to work out for them two, she begged Heejoo not to tell Yoohyun because she doesn't want him to leave her. Yes she does tell Heejoo that she has come this far and she can't stop now. 

Also during dinner with Yoohyun, she was telling him if she gets to marry him, she'll have a family. I think her greed is changing directions now...I believe her greed is now family and love. She's been longing for that as well. MH has a mother too but she didn't get to meet MH's mother yet and plus YH seems to be more faster with his love ....besides all of...his young and handsome!! there closer ages, MH is older ...so I think she's more attracted to YH cuz of it. 

The writers seem to be heading towards Miri being stepmom's real daughter because when she did the investigation...she really wanted to know whether Jang Miri is her real name but she found out that the name was registered when she got adopted. stepmom's response to this was "No, this isn't the person i thought she is" ....so maybe she suspected that she might be her daughter. 

Guest Upii_88

the drama producer did say Miri will experience true love for YH.  I believe Miri will do the right thing for YH.  I just hope it will not mean her death by suicide or death at the hands of her pimp.  I want Miri to have a chance to start over and be free from her past.:((

hmmm She does seem to regret her pass...because she told YH she wished she lived a better life if she knew she were to meet him. but yet she is still shameless going on with her lies. Will she regret her lies to the point of commiting suicide? that would take a huge turn in the story and would be a easy way out for the writer...but I don't think the writers are heading this way... 

and it doesn't somehow seem realistic...i mean if you check that woman who lied in real life...she was prisoned but she didn't commit suicide and she is still living today. So I think we'll have something similar here...maybe she will face heaps of punishment and then she will come out to as a person who have learned her lessons. 

Just wanted to share with you guys what Yoochun tweeted today hehe, seems like he calls his father in the drama, "hyung" in real life...ahaha silly boy how cute of him...the man isn't the age for him to call him hyung hehehe

110701 Yoochun blesses us with half dozen tweets!!

Posted on July 1, 2011 by jyj3

m1.png

Trans: Han Seowoo’s older brother is my father. What a surprise!!

T/N: “Han Seowoo” is a character of Park Yoohwan (Yoochun’s real life little brother) in Yoohwan’s drama..

m2.png

Trans: Who took this photo!!!!!! (It’s you, isn’t it) DaRong!!!!!

m3.png

Trans: Kyungnam Hadong’s Pretty Face, Looks good in photos (only)~ DaRong

m4.png?w=545&h=601

Trans: Hobbit 1~2~!! JiRong, AhRong, DaRong (seems to be either the names or the nicknames of the girls)

m5.png

Trans: Hurry up and sleep!!!!!

m6.png

Source: @6002theMicky (Yoochun's Twitter)

Translation credit: JYJ3 and @jyjholic2010

Guest thanhdda10

No he did not called his ripley's dad as hyung, he said han seowoo's bro is now his dad in ripley because that old man plays yoohwan's older brother in twinkle twinkle and yoohwan's character is called han seowoo. Han seowoo's bro isnow my dad

Guest Upii_88

No he did not called his ripley's dad as hyung, he said han seowoo's bro is now his dad in ripley because that old man plays yoohwan's older brother in twinkle twinkle and yoohwan's character is called han seowoo. Han seowoo's bro isnow my dad

ohhh oops!! i didn't read the trans correctly...lol thanks

Guest ngthuhien149

I dunno what makes ppl think Miri really loves YH? For me I can see she is so affected by her own greed, so how can she truly love him? What Upii said is exactly what I felt. Miri's ambition is not simple, it doesn't just stop at money and social status, she is going further and further. First she wanted to find her mom, then she wanted to stay in Korea, then she wanted to have a position, then she wanted to have men and power under her belt, n now when she realized that it is not just that in life so she wants love and family since she knows those are the things she never had and settling herself that way is much safer. Once she got 1, she immediately forgot the previous one. She is pushed further and further and further by her own greed. Her conscious is back yet? Yeah it is, but it is lost in her greed almost all of the time. She felt sorry for MH, she felt touched by YH but those weak feeling cannot win her ambition. YH is still considered her prey, having him, she will sure have a safer and better life as she wants. Does she have some feeling for him? Yes, but does she loves him? I don't think so. If she cannot get that greed out of her mind completely, low chance that she can truly love him. She is still her shameless and selfish self even after feeling touched by YH.

I think there will be a happy ending for Miri. However, for Miri, happy ending is not necessary woman-man love. It is how she realizes that life is much more beautiful even without the things she used to ruin her life for. Happiness cannot be gained with greed and wrong doing. At the beginning, we already saw her real smile and real happiness. That is when she truly loves life, when she knows how to give, how to care for ppl around her and when she realize she can find happiness in the simplest things.

Guest babyfaceyoochun

110701 Yoochun and daehee  Miss Ripley Gallery

334809442.jpg

334809001.jpg

334809635.jpg

334809347.jpg

50000.jpg

[NEWS] Yoochun’s Photo with Actor Zhang Yong Creates Fun Reactions

Father of Park Yoochun is the Older Brother of Park Yoohwan? “Twisted Family Tree”

zhangyong.jpg

Singer/Actor Park Yoochun revealed a photo with the actor Zhang Yong, who is the father of his character in the MBC Monday-Tuesday drama Miss Ripley.

Park Yoochun posted a photo in which he is brightly smiling and making a warm pose with Zhang Yong with meaningful words on his twitter on the morning of the 2nd: “To think that Han Seowoo(’s) Hyung-nim is my father!”

Han Seowoo is the character that Park Yoochun’s real brother Park Yoohwan is playing in the MBC weekend drama Twinkle Twinkle Shining. In the drama, Zhang Yong appears as the half brother of Park Yoohwan.

Netizens who were exposed to this showed responses such as: “The family tree is completely twisted,” and “Then Zhang Yong and Park Yoochun are brothers?”

Source

OSEN

Translation Credit

JYJ3

EP 11 will air on next Monday as scheduled it was a mistake and the preview is out w00t.gifw00t.gif thanks to baidu fans for sharing.

EP 11 Preview

OMG, YH step mom is indeed MR mother and I think YH search for her mother and discover about her relationship with MH and I think MH's mother beg MR to be with him again :o :o :o

Guest Upii_88

Okay It seems we guessed wrong. from the preview Yoohyun didn't know anything about MR. but now that MH told him some stuff..not sure how much..but definitely about the double timing part. YH is doing some investigation to find out about MR's birthmom...so maybe he'll find out more info...woww 2 more days to wait...I really want to see ep.11 now. 

Guest ngthuhien149

I love that YH doesn't believe what MH said about MR, doesn't go straight to Miri to ask but still tries to find the truth himself.

And I love his new hair, so freaking handsome and cool ^^

Ep 11 seems intense ^^

Guest KayKay22

I'm on episode 8 just now, but will watch  9 and 10 soon. I've been looking at the comments on this series about Miri character. Hmm I really like her character even though she is very cunning and her aim is mainly a better life.

I have a feeling that she might die at the end because the first episode started out with two men talking about how they like Miri with flashback makes me think they might end it that way....I could be wrong though

Thanks happy2qt for the eng sub preview although watched on MBC site but due to sub it easy to understand :)

Loved reading each and every interesting comments here abt Miss Ripley past few day although i wanted to write,but still waiting for eng subs .

After watching preview i want monday to come soon .Omo Lee hwa is telling miri to backoff from YH life and making agreement abt something .And what is MH telling YH abt not getting what he wants? Is he is referring abt Miri.One mother is begging for her son and other mother is telling her to leave.Really feeling bad for MH mom:( Oh god YH stepmom is trying everything to get them apart like even inviting MH for lunch.If MH keeps showing up like this, how is Miri suppose to behave?MH is now showing freely showing his affection towards Miri.

Now this is fate.Mother left her daughter to be with YH dad and now his son loves her daughter.

Guest imogene_af

In the preview it looked like Lee Hwa is visiting a locked deposit/safe. Like a lair of her own secrets, I think she is Miri's birthmom but she does not know that yet. How incredibly demented and twisted. I think Miri's happy ending might be finally seeing her mother.

Guest Upii_88

Did you notice the picture she was holding? the girl's forehead looked so much like the kid who portrayed younger Miri

Archived