[Drama 2011] Miss Ripley 미스 리플리

Guest JPhylls

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest upamak

Wow today's episode is a must watch. I bet a lot of people will be watching tomorrow's episode. It was just way too interesting. Every moment was good.

There were couple of things that happened today which I think everyone should take note of and the reason why this episode is a much watch! [spoiler Ahead]

1. Yoohyun proposed. Miri first asked if he loved her and I believe she said something along the times of if he loved her even if he didn't know her...(I'm not native korean speaker but this what I think she said) and after he said yes her loved and said some more things..perhaps explaining why he loves or something like that...she said something like ok then i'll accept it. and guess what? She sincerely accepted...there was no lies behind it..it was truly her heart accepting it.

Notice here - how miri wants to know if he loves her even he didn't know her, in her mind she really wants to know if he'll accept her if he knew her truth. I feel like their is a sudden urge in her to tell the truth. even if it's for a slight moment it was there.

2. After she came home, she went into the bathroom and thought for a few. She looked at the mirror and looked at herself while thinking. I thought this was a brilliant scene. It's as if she is looking straight through herself ...like she knows she is lying she knows she has a different side to her. She understands she is doing something wrong.

3. She walked to where MH lives and stared at his window. Once again she is not saying anything but from her expression it so clear that she wishes to tell MH to break things off but at the same time..she thinks about all the moment they went through together, it's like she is having a hard time breathing and living doing such a huge crime. I wanted to give her a hug, she was really suffering here. Very intense scene.

4. When MH asked to meet her for a bit at work...She said "I'm sorry but I am a bit busy" but MH insisted one more time by saying just to meet really quick..but she declined again and hung up real quick. I loved this part...it shows a side to her that she has a conscious in her..that she too is a human being. Now that she is in love, she knows that double timing Yoohyun who she loves is wrong.

5. MH notices Miri wearing a ring on her wedding finger (whatever the finger is called lol) and he dazed out, his expression strong...now we know MH will be completely depressed without Miri...he will be miserable. (well at least it seemed like it from this scene)

6. Yoohyun introduces Miri to MH during dinner that this is the person he loves. (I love how he introduces her as the person he loves and not just by saying "this is my fiance") This scene might make people hate Miri again..but I couldn't hate her...instead of whining and saying sorry over and over like some cutsie girl...she chose to be fierce...in ways I figured this is better because MH can come to hate her. His last thoughts of her wouldn't be someone sweet but someone hateful so this way he'll forget her more easily. This is just my guessing though guys since I do not understand the language much. Anyways Bravo to Miri who said let's us stop now...meaning let's break up. She really needed to break up with one side.

7. I really didn't think Miri and YH had chemistry..and I was starting to ship MH-Miri, but today's episode made me think twice. The love between YH and Miri is "REAL"...you can sense it in this episode more than last episode. (I now understand why I could not feel the chemistry between them. It's because it was one sided love before and now its both-sided) Which is why it's important for everyone to watch this episode, mainly because when YH turns his back on her... we'll be able to understand their pain of fighting to stay away from on another.

8. MH finds out about Miri being a prostitute before. I believe he would be miserable without Miri as he loves her too much...but now can he be more stronger now that he knows she was a prostitute? (My guess, I would think not, once fallen in love with someone can be hard to let go even when you find out their pass, maybe only those who faced such situation can relate to this. You have to put yourself in their shoes first)

I thought Ripley was starting to drag but...we had so much happen in just one episode today..that I'm back into loving it..and I'm looking forward to tomorrow's episode. (Kinda funny because the other day I said I was tired of Ripley and I just want to get to the end haha)

Guest ngthuhien149

ABG Rating:

Nation: 12,3 %

Seoul: 14,8 %

It decreased more than 1 %

Anw I actually don't feel the sincerity in the proposal scene nor the chemistry btw Miri and YH in that scene :sweatingbullets:

I like the graveyard scene the most tho, even tho I am not quite sure about how Miri suddenly tear up =.= I know it reminded her of her mom and she is touched by YH's sincerity but the sudden tearing up is unreal. Maybe bcoz she suddenly tears up a lot so I don't know whether it is fake or not.

I don't like HJ in those recent episode. :sweatingbullets:

And there is 1 thing I figure out just now that when I watched all YH-MR scene again, the feeling YH has for MR is more like sympathy, more like the need to fill her loneliness and her lacking in life than love. Even the words YH said to MR is like he feels the urge, the responsibility to help her and to make her happy, not the word to some1 u loves. Maybe it is just me.

Guest bashful

I think Mi Ri will really give her heart to Yoo Hyun but once he find out about the truth he will leave her. I think MR will end up back to being her old self and continue to live the life as she started out to be and even become worst over YH and Hj getting closer. This is my theory but I still hope YH and MR will end up. I have a bad feeling about this drama. Somehow MR might end up with none or will being with the other guy and YH and Hj will end up. If so I do not think I would like to rerun it again. lol

Guest tinysunbl

Episode 9 is intense, but the thunder music hurts my ears more than ever. I can't wait for Yoo Hyun to change his hair...loving the new hairdo already^^

upamak, I really enjoyed reading your interpretation of the episode, and I think one reason why I love this drama so much is because it lends itself so well to different interpretations.  You've hit all the important points of the episode, and yet I came away from the show with completely different feelings.

1. Yoohyun proposed. Miri first asked if he loved her and I believe she  said something along the times of if he loved her even if he didn't know  her...(I'm not native korean speaker but this what I think she said)  and after he said yes her loved and said some more things..perhaps  explaining why he loves or something like that...she said something like  ok then i'll accept it. and guess what? She sincerely accepted...there  was no lies behind it..it was truly her heart accepting it.

Notice here - how miri wants to know if he loves her even he didn't know  her, in her mind she really wants to know if he'll accept her if he  knew her truth. I feel like their is a sudden urge in her to tell the  truth. even if it's for a slight moment it was there.

I didn't see this scene as Miri's heart accepting Yoo Hyun.  In fact, it looked more like Miri was resigning herself to the fact that she was going to marry Yoo Hyun.  It's possible that Myung Hoon's proposal was in the back of her mind, especially seeing as how the proposals were quite similar in conception (but had different executions.  Myung Hoon serenaded her with little kids, Yoo Hyun serenaded her himself.  Myung Hoon used flowers, Yoo Hyun used candles.  Myung Hoon's proposal was simple yet from the heart, Yoo Hyun's was slightly extravagant, but also from the heart).  Miri genuinely cried at both proposals because they both thawed away at that cold heart of hers.  But when Yoo Hyun shows the ring to Miri, her reaction is quite different from when Myung Hoon gave her his mother's ring, and I think it's significant that Miri seemed hesitant/regretful to accept the ring from Yoo Hyun, like she didn't believe it the way that she believed Myung Hoon, and so she had to ask if he really loved her without knowing her.  Her interactions with Yoo Hyun feel different to her from her interactions with Myung Hoon, and I think that was the moment when she realized it was because she reciprocates some of Myung Hoon's feelings, whereas Yoo Hyun is mostly just her road to an easy life at this point.  She knows that he's a good man and that he can make her happy, which is why she accepts.  But a part of her hurts because she knows that she has to let Myung Hoon go.

2. After she came home, she went into the bathroom and thought for a  few. She looked at the mirror and looked at herself while thinking. I  thought this was a brilliant scene. It's as if she is looking straight  through herself ...like she knows she is lying she knows she has a  different side to her. She understands she is doing something wrong.

I agree here, it is like she's looking straight through herself, but when she touches the ring, it's like she's thinking, "Is this the ring that I should be wearing?  Is this what I really want?"  And it's interesting that the camera then cuts to Myung Hoon in the bathroom, and he eventually looks up at himself, like he doesn't recognize himself anymore.  And then we see Miri walking to his apartment and looking up at his window, still wondering if she's making the right choice.  To me, it looked more like Myung Hoon is the one that her heart truly wants, but that scares her, and so she decides to push him away once and for all.  Yoo Hyun has the money, he's younger, he's easier to deal with, he's the one that she should want, but she keeps thinking of Myung Hoon.

Now that she is in love, she knows that double timing Yoohyun who she loves is wrong.

And there I just saw it as her trying to distance herself from Myung Hoon.  She's scared of what she's feeling towards him, and she's now committed herself to Yoo Hyun.  I think she is trying to do right by both men here, but I'm not certain with whom she's actually in love at this point (if she's even in love with either of them.  But I think of the two men, Myung Hoon is the one that's stirring things up in her heart).

As for Myung Hoon's future, I fear that he will protect Miri to the end, no matter if she loves him or not.  And it's going to be heartbreaking, because she will most likely be his destruction.  Oh, how I wish there had been a preview at the end of this episode.

Guest upamak

^^ Hi, welcome seems you are new here?

I'm glad we are getting some more people to come here and discuss.

it seemed like Miri hesitated when MH gave him a ring..she seemed like it was a burden for her. That's how it seemed to me, but another reason why I believe Miri is falling hard for Yoohyun is because of the songs and plus how there are talks about Yoochun changing his hairstyle to become a cold person to Miri. Also I feel like Miri is more like puppy around Yoohyun like imogene said...while with MH she usually seems to be confident, and the one who is controling and seducing MH. With Yoohyun, she doesn't seem to be doing much work..she's just following him.

And Yes you are right, it seems everyone is getting a different interpretation of the situation and I can see how and why you would think about those scenes the way you have said. It makes sense that way as well.

Ep. 10 preview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZxGpm0KNn8&feature=player_embedded

Guest bananaleaf

What a heartbreaking episode but every single moment was SO GOOD. Ahjussi MH needs a hug. tears.giftears.gif

I feel like YH's courting Miri the classic way vs MH's modern way. YH fell in love at first sight, so many handholdings, and BAM marriage..seriously when are they gonna have their first kiss???? :ph34r: I was waiting for the forehead kiss or whatever, I bet they edited it out maybe bc fear of Yoochun's fans. :vicx: haha Edit:::nvm actually the "kiss"scene is probably in the next ep Miri's wearing a green dress.

Really enjoy reading everyone's interpretation..I'm not very good with analyzing and whatnots so I'll just share gifs :P

tumblr_lngr3w4ihS1qbxx00o1_500.gif

tumblr_ln96yamRbR1qb4jnio1_500.gif

tumblr_ln962g5bYL1qb4jnio1_500.gif

credit shura & kurooha tumblr.

Guest imogene_af

I also think too that Lee Da Hae plays Miri differently with YooHyun starting Episode 8. She is almost like a child experiencing romantic love creep up to her for the first time. This is why I do believe she has fallen for him just by the nuances she does for Miri, she is very subtle. She plays on vulnerability more and also she gives a softer performance. Compare her interactions with YooHyun back in Episode 6, her eyes will go anime on him and her actions far more exagerrated. Her happiness almost like in an overdose...here when she is happy with YooHyun it is far more softer, more heartfelt and less with expressions but more on the nuance of her eyes. This is part of the reason why I believe that. With MyungHoon she always looks like she is carrying a heavy rock on her back when she is genuine with him...with YooHyun she is such a child filled with subtle awe and wonder.

With MyungHoon she always looks like she is carrying a heavy rock on her back when she is genuine with him...with YooHyun she is such a child filled with subtle awe and wonder.

Actually, I do kind of agree with that, but I see it more as Miri knowing that she's going to hurt Myung Hoon, while with Yoo Hyun, the second that she started going after him she had the intention of marrying him.  In the early days of the Miri/Myung Hoon relationship, before she found out about Yoo Hyun, she had that childlike happiness with Myung Hoon, too.

But anyway, after seeing the preview for tomorrow's ep, I think it's pretty safe to say that Myung Hoon will end up occupying that sweet and loyal but forever unrequitedly in love second lead role.  Which is the same thing that happened to Kim Seung Woo in How to Meet a Perfect Neighbor, too (which bummed me out, because I spent the entire length of that drama expecting him to get the girl).

Guest upamak

Not so sure but from the preview dos it look like Yuhyun/Yutaka step mom found out the real Miri.....

I was wondering the same thing. It does seem like it, doesn't it? Did anyone else understand the preview? and can help translate it?

So maybe it will be Yoohyun's mom who will tell him about Miri's lies? If that happens, oh poor boy..hearing this from his mother is kind of embarrassing :( since he'll be disobeying her and still try to push forward with this marriage.

Interesting gbrd, my interpretation is closer to yours in terms of her flashing back being indications of feeling for MH, though I'm uncertain how she feels for YH. Honestly I'm not really feeling her chemistry with either guy- in particular her scenes with YH tend to be a little too 'controlled' which is why I lean towards MR being more attached to MH. Also her saying asking MH to

think of her as a "bad woman"

makes me think she's lying when she

tells MH that she had never loved him

- her tears afterward I consider tears of grief.

Ah well, half the fun is unraveling the puzzle that is MR's 'true' feelings- whatever that means when she's likely just as messed up inside as outside! ;)

And yes ngthuhien149 I too am totally annoyed at JH, too much weeping! She was such a fun character before, but if she really does defend MR next episode I might blow a fuse- gah!

I love the scene when MR is introduced to MH as YH's girl... first off MH acts incredibly nobly and in a super self-possessed manner (I think I would have gone mad)- and the actor for MH really gives us someone to feel for.

And I'm still a Chul-jin fan- he's the single voice of reason in this whole mess! :)

Kind of afraid that the step mom might use the knowledge to control YH since from the start I think she want to control the whole of YH father empire..Having YH who is doing things his way does not help her or show that she have complete control of YH's father empire....She's the kind that want everything and not willing to share even a single thing with anyone....

Archived