[Drama 2011] Miss Ripley 미스 리플리

Guest JPhylls

Guest au_dinosaur

Hi everyone!

I've been watching Ripley but haven't kept up with this thread but after finishing episode 8 I wanted to come hang out! <333

I'm really enjoying this drama; love how fast the pace of the narrative is and that Miri is such a good anti-heroine that we all love to hate but is able to occasionally pull some ounce of sympathy and understanding from the audience.  Now that the first half is over I'm looking forward so much to see how things fall apart for Miri in the second half!!!

More Ripley to come if you're in Japan ^^.

[iNFO] “Miss Ripley” To Be Broadcasted In Japan On Mnet

Park Yoochun’s latest drama will now begin to air in Japan on Mnet!

Broadcasting will begon August 13th on Saturday from 8.45pm – 10pm.

Official website here

[brief description of drama omitted]

source: mnetjapan

trans+shared by: sharingyoochun.net

Shared by: JYJ3

Personally, I find the Yoohyun-Miri relationship to be the most underdeveloped one out of the love rectangle.  I see infatuation on his part not genuine love.  The writers make me seriously doubt Yoohyun's sincerity which is probably the opposite of what they're going for but almost no work was done to develop this relationship.

Myung Hoon-Miri I think is the most robustly developed relationship.  We got to see every stage of how they got together and HOW he fell for her and WHY.  Kim Seung Woo & LDH were so good!  They made me care enough about Myung Hoon's heart and made me see enough potential in their relationship to hope the Miri will somehow redeem herself for his sake!  Miri is so easy to despise but I'm willing to forgive for the sake of Myun Hoon.  The big difference btw the Yutake-Myung Hoon-Miri triangle is that Myun-Hoon-Miri made me actually CARE about that relationship whereas the character & relationship development for the other two is so poorly done I'm unable to invest any emotion or care into the outcome of that pairing.

Hee Joo ... I love her earnestness and that we get to see her struggle to be kind, forgiving, understanding, etc. despite her own hurts and desires.  Hoping she begins to see Miri for the person she is and then actually stand up for herself.  B

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks intan and shar for the link of NG and pics .

floralai LOL even i came to share the same news miss ripley ep.9 preview is out although i didn't want to watch preview i ended watching it.

Between the link u provided is not working for me :( OMG Poor MH.Just look at him. I think before episode 10 everyone will know.

Guest wls2948

OMO, The preview :o :o :o Did I just see that. CAN'T WAIT CAN'T WAIT.

Oh dear....finally the cat is out of the bag. Miri's secrets are out. MH's face was total shock when he saw Miri and Yutaka ...I am waiting with anticipation AND dread for Monday's episode:((

Guest Upii_88

holyy cowww that preview is a shocker, I just had no idea the writers were heading that way. I didn't think MH would find out about Miri and Yoohyun being together. I thought he wouldn't find out and do anything for her until the end, but now that he knows that she's been double timing...will he still continue til the end to make her happy? I wonder how Yoohyun will find out..seems like he doesn't in ep. 9 so maybe ep. 10. or maybe he'll find out end of ep. 9. I love it when writers give us a shock, it's fun!...being able to predict is too easy and boring. 

Hi everyone!

I've been watching Ripley but haven't kept up with this thread but after finishing episode 8 I wanted to come hang out! <333

I'm really enjoying this drama; love how fast the pace of the narrative is and that Miri is such a good anti-heroine that we all love to hate but is able to occasionally pull some ounce of sympathy and understanding from the audience.  Now that the first half is over I'm looking forward so much to see how things fall apart for Miri in the second half!!!

More Ripley to come if you're in Japan ^^.

Personally, I find the Yoohyun-Miri relationship to be the most underdeveloped one out of the love rectangle.  I see infatuation on his part not genuine love.  The writers make me seriously doubt Yoohyun's sincerity which is probably the opposite of what they're going for but almost no work was done to develop this relationship.

Myung Hoon-Miri I think is the most robustly developed relationship.  We got to see every stage of how they got together and HOW he fell for her and WHY.  Kim Seung Woo & LDH were so good!  They made me care enough about Myung Hoon's heart and made me see enough potential in their relationship to hope the Miri will somehow redeem herself for his sake!  Miri is so easy to despise but I'm willing to forgive for the sake of Myun Hoon.  The big difference btw the Yutake-Myung Hoon-Miri triangle is that Myun-Hoon-Miri made me actually CARE about that relationship whereas the character & relationship development for the other two is so poorly done I'm unable to invest any emotion or care into the outcome of that pairing.

Hee Joo ... I love her earnestness and that we get to see her struggle to be kind, forgiving, understanding, etc. despite her own hurts and desires.  Hoping she begins to see Miri for the person she is and then actually stand up for herself.  B

yeah..even audience in china and korea seriously criticize on the writer & pd for not giving enough or even minimum scenes/description on yuhyun's loveline for miri. they also question on the lack of scenes in describing yuhyun's character psyche. here's a program in which korea's audience address their concerns and the executive pd answers the audience's questions on these aspects: http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=ripley&no=9402&page=1&bbs=

also, k-audience download ep8's script and they find there's tons of written description on miri's inner thoughts of how she falls in love w/ yuhyun..

source: http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=1119507193

〓Ripley〓110624|▍消息|▍第八集美莉是真心喜欢裕贤的

fr 微博 佳能乃朴有天正室

佳能乃朴有天正室:韩饭下载了第八集剧本,里面有大量的美丽内心戏描述喜欢少爷

so回味一下,在车上的内疚,在少爷家的开心,在门口的惊讶,在和熙主对峙时说的喜欢少爷,是真的

For the k-literate, here's the written previews for Ep 9 and 10, with all credits to the Baidu gals at http://tieba.baidu.com/f?z=1119602995&ct=335544320&lm=0&sc=0&rn=30&tn=baiduPostBrowser&word=goodbyemissripley&pn=0

4楼

感谢安娜分享

9화

명훈의 주선으로 대학 강단에 서게 된 미리는 성공적인 강의를 마치고 기뻐한다. 유현은 미리에게 멋진 프러포즈를 선사하고, 미리는 자신에게 진심을 다하는 명훈과 유현 사이에서 괴로워한다.

유현은 시찰을 위해 호텔을 방문하고, 명훈은 자신에게 차갑게 구는 미리를 보며 의아해하는데...

------

10화

미리가 베낀 스케치가 표절 의혹을 받자 희주는 자신과 같이 스케치한 것이라고 둘러댄다. 이화는 유현과 미리의 결혼을 반대하지만 유현은 굴하지 않는다.

한편, 조실장에게 일본의 유흥가에서 미리의 사진을 봤다는 사실을 듣게 된 명훈은 히라야마를 찾아가는데...

转自 bestiz/韩星

Guest ngthuhien149

EP 9 :

Standing on the flatform with Myeonghoon's help, Miri finishes lecture successfully and is happy with it. Yuhyun presents Miri with a wonderful proposal of marriage. Yuhyun visits hotel for inspection, and Myeonghoon is mystified looking at Miri behaving icy to himself.

Ep10

The sketch which Miri copied became embroiled in plagiarism charges, and Heeju makes up a story that she sketched it together with her. Stepmom opposes Yuhyun and Miri's marriage, but Yuhyun does not give in. Meanwhile, Myeonghoon hears a story from ]Mr.Joe(hotel staff) that he saw Miri's picture at the adult entertainment district in Japan, and then goes to see Hirayama.

Etrans by J_loveformay

If HJ really does that to hide the truth for Miri, I think I am loosing hope on her. What she is doing shows how weak, inconfident and not so wise she is. Her personality just makes herself miserable and help Miri going deeper and deeper. She herself know she does not have to be responsible for Miri but due to the weakness and lack of living experience she cannot stand up. Some ppl said that she felt guilty toward Miri more than caring for Miri, I agree. she could help Miri another way but she didn't, she complies Miri all the way. At the same time, she doesn't really love YH either, IMO it is just a small crush, she doesn't love him enough to know how hurt he wil be if he finds out too late.

Ppl keep being in the dark and the story keeps dragging. :sweatingbullets: it is half way thru the drama

[Trans] 110624 ‘The Yoochun Effect’, Ratings Shoot Up When Park Yoochun Appears On ‘Miss Ripley’

MBC’s Monday-Tuesday drama ‘Miss Ripley’ is benefiting from ‘The Park Yoochun Effect’.

dharaa.jpg

When looking at the viewer ratings per minute for the second half of the 7th episode that aired on the 20th, the ratings shot up past 16% during the scene in which Park Yoochun proposes to Jang Miri. As the average viewer ratings were 11.9%, one can see that Park Yoochun raised the ratings per minute by 5%. Even on the 21st, the ratings shot up to 15% when Park Yoochun appeared, proving once more of the effect he has on the drama.

Park Yoochun established his star quality as a singer and has built up his credibility as an actor through the drama ‘SungKyunKwan Scandal’.

A representative of the drama stated, “Park Yoochun always comes to film with a smile and as the four characters in the melodrama have a complicated heart line, he is working hard and doing his best with his script. He gets completely immersed into his character and plans to bring out the charisma that is hidden in his soft nature.”

Park Yoochun also plans to change his hairstyle soon for the drama. Caught between Miri’s upcoming destruction and Hui Joo’s unrequited love for him, Yoo Hyun’s strife will add to the dramatic effect of the production.

‘This Empty Place is For You’, Park Yoochun’s theme song for Song Yoo Hyun, has had an explosive effect on the music charts.

Souce: [osen]

Translated & Shared by: dongbangdata.net

Thanks ngthuhien149- I'm with you, super frustrated with HJ. Ep 10 and _still_ under MR's thumb?!

I'm trying to tell myself that it's a melodrama, so they'll probably want to make the case so extreme that when the melodramatic resolution comes it's more well, dramatic, I guess! ;) But I too am getting a little impatient with purportedly intelligent characters behaving in such a spineless/un-suspecting/naive way... please don't tell me MH is _still_ helping MR after he finds out that MR is two-timing him and about to marry YH?!

Gaaaah!

yeah..even audience in china and korea seriously criticize on the writer & pd for not giving enough or even minimum scenes/description on yuhyun's loveline for miri. they also question on the lack of scenes in describing yuhyun's character psyche. here's a program in which korea's audience address their concerns and the executive pd answers the audience's questions on these aspects: http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=ripley&no=9402&page=1&bbs=

also, k-audience download ep8's script and they find there's tons of written description on miri's inner thoughts of how she falls in love w/ yuhyun..

source: http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=1119507193

〓Ripley〓110624|▍消息|▍第八集美莉是真心喜欢裕贤的

fr 微博 佳能乃朴有天正室

佳能乃朴有天正室:韩饭下载了第八集剧本,里面有大量的美丽内心戏描述喜欢少爷

so回味一下,在车上的内疚,在少爷家的开心,在门口的惊讶,在和熙主对峙时说的喜欢少爷,是真的

Guest ngthuhien149

Thanks ngthuhien149- I'm with you, super frustrated with HJ. Ep 10 and _still_ under MR's thumb?!

I'm trying to tell myself that it's a melodrama, so they'll probably want to make the case so extreme that when the melodramatic resolution comes it's more well, dramatic, I guess! ;) But I too am getting a little impatient with purportedly intelligent characters behaving in such a spineless/un-suspecting/naive way... please don't tell me MH is _still_ helping MR after he finds out that MR is two-timing him and about to marry YH?!

Gaaaah!

IT seems like the writer is going that way but srsly I cannot understand how MH will do that if it really happens, I mean it is extremely illogical, I know he is in the worst stage of his emotional life when he feels most lonely, devastating and needs love but there is no way to become that stupid.

Anw it is so illogical esp how Miri is successful in that lecture I mean it is Architecture. It is not Business that u can read book 2 or 3 days, prepare well and go for it. In SJA's case, they are education and history so it is still understandable. Architecture is all about technical. You have to be educated enough to persuade ppl. Don't think u can work in some weeks and make a lecture, not to mention she is successful :sweatingbullets:

And how a business man who used to be a doctor can help some1 who knows nothing about Architecture to make a lecture in Architecture, it makes no sense at all. I mean there are things that u just can't fake in life even for just 1 hour, 1 day, 1 week or even 1 year. Miri is no super man, I dun even think Einstein can do that.

I know the writer had not written script for more than 10 years and she only had 2 pj so far but those are things that normal ppl can pick out. :sweatingbullets:

And the music :lol: I am Yoochun's fan, I know the song is beautiful and his voice is awesome but it does not mean u just BAM it every time he appears no matter how sad or happy the scene is.

And the worst 1 is when they played that song in the church scene when YH and HJ talked to each other on the wooden chair. The music is so happy :blink:

Laura 1997, would you have parts of the translated script of Miri 's inner thoughts and feelings towards Yoohyun during the last episode?

Hopefully, Yuri's love line will further develop and Miri's repentance will happen before her downfall. I want to see Miri at least attempting to hint or reveal to Yoohyun that she has not been honest with him and asks for his forgiveness before he finds out the truth. It'll be very interesting to see how this fiasco will unravel. Somehow, I believe Miri will turn around eventually and Yoohyun please be there for her.

Guest laceytam

i am searching for post that someone post here before

i think its mentioned that something about in the first episode when mh and yh said in the beginning about that they have loved her before

Guest au_dinosaur

EP 9 :

Standing on the flatform with Myeonghoon's help, Miri finishes lecture successfully and is happy with it. Yuhyun presents Miri with a wonderful proposal of marriage. Yuhyun visits hotel for inspection, and Myeonghoon is mystified looking at Miri behaving icy to himself.

Ep10

The sketch which Miri copied became embroiled in plagiarism charges, and Heeju makes up a story that she sketched it together with her. Stepmom opposes Yuhyun and Miri's marriage, but Yuhyun does not give in. Meanwhile, Myeonghoon hears a story from ]Mr.Joe(hotel staff) that he saw Miri's picture at the adult entertainment district in Japan, and then goes to see Hirayama.

Etrans by J_loveformay

If HJ really does that to hide the truth for Miri, I think I am loosing hope on her. What she is doing shows how weak, inconfident  and not so wise she is. Her personality just makes herself miserable and help Miri going deeper and deeper. She herself know she does not have to be responsible for Miri but due to the weakness and lack of living experience she cannot stand up. Some ppl said that she felt guilty toward Miri more than caring for Miri, I agree. she could help Miri another way but she didn't, she complies Miri all the way. At the same time, she doesn't really love YH either, IMO it is just a small crush, she doesn't love him enough to know how hurt he wil be if he finds out too late.

Ppl keep being in the dark and the story keeps dragging.  :sweatingbullets: it is half way thru the drama

I think I'm going to go stir crazy if this this how it pans out ... IA, Hee Joo needs to stop enabling Miri.  This scenario is so implausible.  She claims to be a Japanese literature major and they ask her to give an architecture lecture and think she can do it?  And she manages to slap together something like that so quickly.  I feel offended on behalf of all the architecture students (including several good friends) slaving away in their studios.

Ripley cast is working hard, filming through the night!

[NEWS] Ripley Set Stars Wear Blankets To Combat Cold and Makes Them Fashion Items

201106250837772465_1.jpg

The leads of Miss Ripley, Lee Dahae – Kim Seungwoo – Park Yoochun – Kang Hyejung, have revealed their “All Kinds of Methods” to preserve their strengths in filming sets that go on through the night. The Monday-Tuesday drama Miss Ripley is getting heated praises with the splendid casting of super actors and their enthusiasms for acting that are like the flames of fire. They are continuing the all-night filming due to the packed filming schedules after the broadcast began and are working hard in order to heighten the degree of completion of the drama.

(…)

As for Park Yoochun, he is utilizing the blankets of many varied colors and making the plain blankets into fashion items. He sometimes ties the blanket about his shoulders to wear like a shirt and sometimes wraps it around his waist to wear like pants. It is a sensible wearing that makes the eyes gather as an off-field fashionista.

The production company relayed: “The actors of Miss Ripley are showing off varied methods to manage their strengths in order to combat the chilly night air in the continuing through-the-night filmings. All actors are giving their best in order to complete the best drama despite the difficult filming schedule. In the 9th and 10th episode that will air there will be a story development that is shocking because it reverses the situation so far. Please look forward to the large counterattack that will happen yet again.”

(Parts unrelated to Yoochun omitted)

Source

Osen

Translation Credit

JYJ3

((( Episodes 01-08 )))

"Miss Ripley (2011) ViKi Softsubs"

Subtitles brought to you by the:...

~ Miss Ripley Team @ ViKi.com ~

ViKi Link: http://en.viki.com/channels/3339-goodbye-miss-lovely-goodbye-miss-ripley

Softsubs Link: http://en.viki.com/channels/3339-goodbye-miss-lovely-goodbye-miss-ripley/posts/7838-miss-ripley-2011-viki-softsubs?t=1306804315

The softsubs are synced to 720p-HANrel videos.

They should work for any resolution HANrel videos.

The RAW video files are also in folders on file hosting services...

MU Folders: 352p -|- 352p-HANrel -|- 450p-HANrel -|- 720p -|- 720p-HANrel

FS Folders: 352p -|- 352p-HANrel -|- 450p-HANrel -|- 720p -|- 720p-HANrel

The softsub links will be in folders on file hosting services...

MegaUpload Folder -|- FileServe Folder -|- MediaFire Folder

The individual MU links for the softsubs...

MMTMR.E01.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

MMTMR.E02.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

MMTMR.E03.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

MMTMR.E04.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

MMTMR.E05.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

MMTMR.E06.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

MMTMR.E07.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt ((( new )))

MMTMR.E08.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt ((( new )))

Guest babyfaceyoochun

[TRANS] 110625 If Park Yoochun Wears, Even A Blanket Becomes A Fashion Statement 

201106250837772465_1.jpg

The main characters of the drama 'Miss Ripley' revealed their filming photos of late-night filming, showing their different fashion looks in order to maintain their energy.

MBC Monday-Tuesday drama 'Miss Ripley' and it's super actors Lee Da Hae, Kim Seung Woo, Park Yoochun, and Kang Hye Jung have garnered a lot of attention with their explosive acting. But after the initial broadcast of the show, the actors needed to film late into the night to catch up with their tight schedule. In order to complete the drama perfectly, they are each working their best.

Especially now with the weather, it's over 30 degrees during the day, but once night comes around, the chilly air would cause mild discomfort, which is why the actors need to maintain the health of their bodies. That is why they have displayed their 'Body Maintainence Know How.'

The most important item that they use during their breaks that provides warmth are blankets. In Park Yoochun's case, he uses all types of blankets under different situations, turning a normal blanket into a type of fashion. Wrapping it around his neck, wearing it like a shirt, tying it around his waist, etc. His unique sense of style has earned him the title of 'Fashion Star' in their filming set.

(omitted)

Source: [baidutvxq]

Translation credits: Supernike911@tohosomnia.net

Shared by: tohosomnia.net

Archived