[Drama 2011] Miss Ripley 미스 리플리

Guest JPhylls

I

About Heeju I don't agree with some comment here. I love what I see in her. She doesn't look cute n pretty doesn't mean that she can't act cute. She is actually really cute n bright, everytime she appears I feel like I lose 1 ton on my body. She really does good job in that. Beside I think writer meant to make her extreme like that, so u can see the complete contrast btw the 2 characters and Miri will stand out from this. So different from Miri, she is so clumsy, carefree, simple and naive. She does not experience enuff to know that u are good to some1 doesn't mean she will be good to you. She does things naturally when Miri manipulates almost everything. It will be interesting as she is the 1st who finds out Miri's lie. Let's see how angel turn devil n devil wanting to be humanized just because of love.

Clarification:  My statement specifically stated there wasn't enough cuteness in the character.  It was not about the actress. 

The director has emphasized the klutzy side too much and not enough of the cute side.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ngthuhien149

nguthien why feel bad for saying that? He was exceptional in Episode 4. I thought he was very green in Episode 2 and you can see his inexperience, but he showed great improvement in the coming episodes. Episode 4 being his best. Also, yes, I agree... he is no Frank. Frank was ruthless. But can he be like Frank once he learns about Miri? Hohum. dundundun!

Actually I see the tendency he will get ruthless after figuring out the true tho. Of coz he is no Frank for sure, I think the way they build Frank character is pretty much typical in Kdrama ( or just bcoz later there are quite a few same characters in Kdramas?), Yuhyun is sth different. However, I don't think he will stay the same later on. Remember the description? He hates lies and always tries to find out the truth. What he said to Myunghoon when the reputation of the hotel turned bad pretty much shows it. Of coz it is about Monto's profit, but I see the disappointment and hatred in his eyes when he talked about moral. Obviously Yuhyun cares about the truth a lot more. I want to see how he changes after knowing the truth. I hope writer gives us a good one, I don't wanna see Yuhyun as another Myunghoon.

By "another Myunghoon" here, I mean I don't think the way writers develop Myunghoon in this ep is convincing. Myunghoon is no teenager boy anymore, he is out in this life for several years, he is principled, experience and sharp ( I mean he supposed to be) but then here what I see is another Myunghoon. He doubted Miri's reactions for sure, it is not like he completely believe in her. He saw her sneaking in his room, he sure knows there is sth about her, how come he is defeated by her seduction so fast? I don't see love here, IMO he does not love her or has not love her yet, how come he is like that? I know he is tough outside and soft inside, he is hurt too much and lacks of love but the transaction is done so not properly. At least he should have some reaction sweatingbullets.gif there is still a way to rush the story (only 16 eps drama) in a good way, I don't see writer's point here sweatingbullets.gif

Anway there is a article explaining about why the rating flops, I think it is really good article but there is no English version, I wish I got time to translate it. Unfortunately my summer semester started today tears.gif I can't tears.gif

Guest imogene_af

I think BFB just reached its peak, it is ending soon, it would be at its climatic parts. Ripley is holding well for a second placer, hopefully by Episode 5 it will regain its audience especially with Miri possibly discovering who Yoo Hyun really is. There are several dynamics by Episode 5... they all live together in one complex, Miri is in a relationship with Myung Hoon, she climbs up top the hotel ladder, HeeJoo's untapped talent in making those building designs should resurface, etc, etc. The viewers are always channel surfing anyway, they just need a scene to grab them for them to stay there.

Anyway about Myung Hoon falling into Miri's web so quickly, the guy I think is in a mid-life crisis. His wife openly cheated on him, he never had much of a life but the hotel, and he has nothing to show for because he always wanted to have a family of his own... but poor guy is shooting blanks/sterile. So having a beautiful, bubbly (her plastic persona around Myung Hoon that is), intelligent girl like Miri fall in love with him was a great boost to his ego and his macho self. The guy has been down in the dumps, and Miri knows that. Miri uses that. He made such a mistake by opening up to her, because she knows how to play her cards well. When girlfriday called Miri a mind**ck, I was like... yeah, precisely. She is terrifying. Myung Hoon is empowered by his ego and his lust... and his thought of love.

Also, on Miri's ending... usually in Kdramas antiheroes are sort of "punished"... i.e. MISA, WHIB,Bad Guy, etc, etc. but then Flames of Desire had the antiheroine get away with everything. So I don't know. :lol:

About Yoohyun with Heejoo - I don't know if he's giving up a small piece of his heart for her through their recent interactions, or... maybe, he's using her, too. I think that half smile of his when Heejoo rested on his shoulders has a bit of that devilish sense, like with Miri. Maybe they are more similar than we think? Afterall, there is such contrast between the puppy smile vs. the half smile when Yoohyun is with Miri vs. Hee joo. And afterall, he doesn't need anything from Miri, but he does need Heejoo to accept the position to work for him at his company...

About Yoohyun with Heejoo - I don't know if he's giving up a small piece of his heart for her through their recent interactions, or... maybe, he's using her, too. I think that half smile of his when Heejoo rested on his shoulders has a bit of that devilish sense, like with Miri. Maybe they are more similar than we think? Afterall, there is such contrast between the puppy smile vs. the half smile when Yoohyun is with Miri vs. Hee joo. And afterall, he doesn't need anything from Miri, but he does need Heejoo to accept the position to work for him at his company...

there was no motivation to find it devilish. He just thought it was cute/amusing.

Guest ngthuhien149

Yoohyun is not a simple man after all, but I know he cares about moral and all. He knows how to get his goal without hurting ppl ( u can see it thru his talk with step mom). Maybe he did have that idea, but then again it is not thing bad. Leader should know how to gather talent around him. However, I believe later on it is plain interest on her. Of coz it is not anything like love but I know he just simply find her interesting n wants to be friend with her.

^

Yep, just a far fetching thought. Just to say that... who knows... things can be more than fit the eyes. Or maybe it's all very simple. Up to the writer!

ETA: Mainly it's this smile that 'bugs' me a little:

ripley4-00441.jpg

It doesn't seem like a Chunnie smile, but a trademark thing that is telling about Yoohyun, his character instead.

NEWS: [6/7: Miss Ripley's controversy of lacking rationality...will become understandable after further speedy development]

Regarding the “repeated coincidences” on the plot leading to insufficient rationality of the story, production team of Miss Ripley stated ”the story will unfold quickly focusing on the love triangle relationship of Miri-Myunghoon-Yuhyun. In particular, Song Yuhyun, who until now has no major changes on his love line, will portray the image of charisma in handling problems causing by Miri and the hotel. The drama has currently finished filming 8 episodes and may shoot and edit in more scenes depending on the situation.”

english trans by me^^

671f4973jw1dhzoaquc98j.jpg

Source:

@暖日呀呀:【6/7:Miss Ripley合理性不足爭議…快速展開後即能理解】針對劇情因”反覆的偶然”導致合理性不足,製作方表示”之後將以美里-明勳-裕賢三角關係為中心快速展開。特別是目前在感情上沒有大變化的宋裕賢,將因美莉和飯店所產生問題,展現出克里斯馬的模樣。目前已拍攝完成8集,將可能視情況追加拍攝。/weibo

chinese trans by @暖日呀呀 on weibo

PS:

i think the production team read the countless complaining comments on the message board of official MBC drama site^^

================

OMG OMG OMG

My prince charming!!!!

yuchun/yutaka in jeju!!!

aoLv6.jpg

0GoSy.jpg

================

according to today's news, this will be in ep5

20110609_1307576905.jpg

Guest ngthuhien149

[6/7: Miss Ripley's controversy of lacking rationality...will become understandable after further speedy development]

Regarding the “repeated coincidences” on the plot leading to insufficient rationality of the story, production team of Miss Ripley stated ”the story will unfold quickly focusing on the love triangle relationship of Miri-Myunghoon-Yuhyun. In particular, Song Yuhyun, who until now has no major changes on his love line, will portray the image of charisma in handling problems causing by Miri and the hotel. The drama has currently finished filming 8 episodes and may shoot and edit in more scenes depending on the situation.

^^ :wub: After ep 4 I find Song Yuhyun is a really good character to unfold and solve the whole mess since obviously Myunghoon is the one who was dragged into it and had no reaction at all. I don't want a rush development tho.

(obviously viewers left a lot of negative comments on the drama sites as I see)

Good news for Yuri shippers as well.

[PIC] Yuhyun @ Jeju Island

0GoSy.jpg

c6450a5eff58552a3b12bb03.jpg

Cr: As tagged

WOW NICE CAR

n I saw Yuju :wub:

just putting out my opinion...

As for Mickey's acting, I've seen him in the sung..scandal show and he was ok , because his character was supposed to be all righteous and stuff. In here, I find him lacking and his acting at times is stiff. Again, just my opinion

Other than that, one thing I find a bit annoying is the use of music/ tunes in this show. Sometimes it just doesn't go with the mood! It kind of seems they are over using the background music .

other than that, no more complaints

oh and LDH's dress is quite a revealing but nicely designed dress! (the red one)

Just finished Watching ep 3 and 4 raw. Why I keep getting busy on Monday and Tuesday :tears: but that can't take me away of reading your great posts.

Thanks all for the updates, videos and pics and special thanks to Hagrid for the recapes which really helped me during my long wait to see the episodes :wub: and also to Imogine, Auntie Mame and ngthuhien for your posts and discussions which make me enjoy this drama more :wub:

I must say that this drama really make me confused, depressed and smiley I don't know how I can feel that !!!!!!!! I just don't know what to do, a minute I love Miri childish smile and actions (although most of them are fake ;) ), and a minute later I hate her to death and a minute later I sympathies her. oooh my I am in trouble :sweatingbullets:

But I really feel bad for Myunghoon but I don't blame him for falling for her with that seductive mask, who won't ?? :lol: specially that she really chose the right time or may be that her luck :)

Making me more confused is that I love all the pairings in this drama!!!! each time any our couple come to the screen I just can't get my eyes away and keep wishing for more scenes of them. The contrast between the characters is really HUUUUGE and that makes it more interesting to watch and may be I am repeating what you said, when I say that if any of those characters are alone in a drama I wouldn't love them as I love them now being together and connected this way. And the Game of musical chairs the writer is playing with those characters is also interesting

Talking about Yutake, he is really a mysterious one. I love how he is that soft and warm with every body but when it comes to work he is really another person cold and serious that really gave me a shock and Yuchun is really doing a good job in portraying those sides :wub:

The most character that i wish to see her other side is Heeju, I want to see her fight back when she knows what Miri did and stand for her self. I enjoy her cute and clumsy side and those scenes with Yutaka are very cute but I want her to be deeper and not just be an entertaining character for me to smile when I see her on screen. I know you got it inside Heeju.

After saying that I really enjoy watching the drama which is different from all dramas I saw before, I need to say that I already see the flaws in the script and the editing of the scenes in it. You all have talked about it and the viewers and reviewer also criticized it but I think objective reviews are good and it is not too late to handle them specially with that outstanding cast. I just hope that ratings drops don't affect our leads who are making a good job already.

Also how I love those beautiful new photos of our gorgeous anti heroine who is going to attack again when she finds out about Yutaka :D

Sorry for my long post and my bad English language.

Miss Ripley Fighting

Thank U for the article i am waiting to see when the love triangle start there is so less transaction between yutaka and miri .I know miri will find out abt him in ep 5 i guess so .Between whom does yutaka like i mean on one hand he so good to heeju giving the cute girl all the wrong idea and on other hand there is Miri .I am so confused .Can't yutaka see that heeju like him ? I mean when he was applying medicine on her hand he can see the way she was looking at him.

I don't know how this big gap between yutaka and miri will reduce lets see ?Since he is the same guy miri has rejected thrice or shall i say four time.I am more curious to see how she will react now will she behave in same old way or she just changes after knowing how he is ?

Feel really bad for park yoochun don't know how does he handle all this activity together ,world tour and drama together .Does he even sleep or not?

Is it coincidence or what Miri and yutaka landed in korea same day if i am not wrong then both landed in that hostel type place same day they both even moved out same day too .I mean now again they landed in same bldg. I can see yutaka was too happy to see her there i guess he want to his old place just to meet her or see her LOL .But when yutaka smile like that i can see and feel that he is totally in love :wub: He looks really cool in his wet hair in jogging track next week. I don't know how does miri resist him so much LOL

Feel really bad for park yoochun don't know how does he handle all this activity together ,world tour and drama together .Does he even sleep or not?

he sleeps one hour during the Tour+Filming period. :mellow:

I just hope he wont be hospitalized again.

he flew straight to jeju from the japan charity concert and his members went back to seoul.

I cant wait for epi 5

^_^

Guest Ndah Chanz

Huaaaa,, I want to watch episodes 3 & 4 but the english sub haven't come out... >.<

This drama make me curious whether, Jang Mi Ri will be choose Yukata or Myung Hoon..

Guest imogene_af

Lee Da Hae shooting in Jeju Airport. Looks like Miri follows Yoo Hyun? Thanks to Samzz for pointing this out.

259839_616462462445_32403935_33770791_5884459_n.jpg

here she is pacing herself for the rather serious scene

247205_616462477415_32403935_33770792_6002084_n.jpg

crew hard at work:

247022_616462492385_32403935_33770794_6135038_n.jpg

249977_616462507355_32403935_33770795_6717562_n.jpg

255654_616462512345_32403935_33770796_6731120_n.jpg

254557_616462527315_32403935_33770797_6059646_n.jpg

being directed, given instructions by the PD

247191_616462537295_32403935_33770798_371486_n.jpg

248772_616462547275_32403935_33770799_562614_n.jpg

260038_616462557255_32403935_33770800_3485439_n.jpg

246607_616462582205_32403935_33770801_7380000_n.jpg

260453_616462602165_32403935_33770802_1532963_n.jpg

260594_616462617135_32403935_33770803_6208026_n.jpg

248262_616462637095_32403935_33770805_7660944_n.jpg

260183_616462487395_32403935_33770793_3690260_n.jpg

more pictures and a video at this source: http://blog.naver.com/chrkdfur76/130101617

Guest ngthuhien149

Lee Da Hae shooting in Jeju Airport. Looks like Miri follows Yoo Hyun? Thanks to Samzz for pointing this out.

Oh really? O.O

a4a1a4a12.jpg

Seems like our Yuhyun already got back to Seoul before that ^^

Anw, I see her changing her hairstyle, look more gentle this way. Does it mean that she is changed by Yuhyun already?

Or is it only me? For me, character's image can totally change the feeling ^^

Archived