Permanent Jaw Reduction Surgery

Guest Candace16

Guest Drewlang

I want to do this.... only because my jaw lines are not symmetrical. My right side is slightly larger than my left side. 

nobody is symmetrical !!!!

there is nobody in the world that has a symmetrical face. They had a computer produce a perfectly symmetrical female face and the people who saw it said it was too perfect and it was scary because of it.

fact = imperfection is what people like!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmm i think people should love their jaw!

a perfect pointy chin with oval face, is as good as a person with good jawline!! i think it's sexyyyyy!!! :D

here's an example of a lady with a square face shape:

dpjyx.jpg

and she's absolutely gorgeous!!! :w00t:

just imagine if she got a jaw reduction, it wouldnt look good, coz the rest of her face goes well with her wide jaw. :)

but ofcourse if ur jaw is really big that it makes the rest of ur facial parts (nose, eyes, lips) really really small...

and it bothers u, then by all means, u can do whatever u like and get the surgery....

but for other people who doesnt have that bad of a jaw, i dont think u need to get this kind of surgery done.

i mean, there's alot of celeb i know who got a very nice jaw and they look sexy and charismatic!!! :D

just look at this hot man right here:

ojXTs.jpg

^sorry for the super big pic..

I couldnt imagine TOP with shaved, oval shape face! that would just make him look too feminine! lol

and his jaw makes him TOP. :wub: its so sexy on him....

so girls, and guys....ur sexy and attractive!!!! dont shave them jaws! hehe

Guest Drewlang

hmm i think people should love their jaw!

a perfect pointy chin with oval face, is as good as a person with good jawline!! i think it's sexyyyyy!!! :D

here's an example of a lady with a square face shape:

*quoted image*

and she's absolutely gorgeous!!! :w00t:

just imagine if she got a jaw reduction, it wouldnt look good, coz the rest of her face goes well with her wide jaw. :)

but ofcourse if ur jaw is really big that it makes the rest of ur facial parts (nose, eyes, lips) really really small...

and it bothers u, then by all means, u can do whatever u like and get the surgery....

but for other people who doesnt have that bad of a jaw, i dont think u need to get this kind of surgery done.

i mean, there's alot of celeb i know who got a very nice jaw and they look sexy and charismatic!!! :D

just look at this hot man right here:

*quoted image*

^sorry for the super big pic..

I couldnt imagine TOP with shaved, oval shape face! that would just make him look too feminine! lol

and his jaw makes him TOP. :wub: its so sexy on him....

so girls, and guys....ur sexy and attractive!!!! dont shave them jaws! hehe

she actually has a oval face shape and how is her jaw wide???? her jaw is tiny!

I had bi-jaw surgery and from the looks of the procedures, it's doesn't look like it's more intense that bi-jaw surgery. I'm no expert though so of course I don't exactly know.. V-line surgery is basically genioplasty right?

You can PM me if you want to know about recovery and such. I'm currently 1 month post-op :-)

Guest monkeyinabarrel

I want to do this.... only because my jaw lines are not symmetrical. My right side is slightly larger than my left side. 

dont worry, probably the only person that notices this is you. No one has noticed (or at least told me) that  one of my eyes is bigger than the other. the right side of my jaw is slightly larger than my left side also (or it's the jaw muscle). anyway you even admitted it was only slightly, we usually view our flaws much worse than what it really is ;) .

If you really want this for yourself and do get it, I wish you the best of luck

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Snowyflake

Does anyone wanna go to korea and have the surgery together :D? I'm planing to have it next year. We could do everything from the beginning like searching for a surgeon etc. together. I think it would be a great support to each other. 

Hi there, I am thinking about traveling to Korea to get this done in 2012 too.  I will be going by myself, so it would be nice to have someone going through the same thing for moral support.  PM me if you would like to coordinate plans.

i was supposed to get surgery on my jaw for more medical purposes, but i didnt, although i wish i did because of my lower self esteem about my jaw im kinda happy i didnt. if they hit a vain in your mouth (which the usually do) you could loose all feeling in your mouthm which happend to a friend of mine, and now she cant drink out of cups,...also its super painfull and u can teat solid foods for abour 2-3 months while your jaw is wired shut.

and the one you want is a vline surgery,,im talking about the prominant mandable one. and in canada its alot cheeper..and you can go to an orthadontist and talk about the risks and other things connected with it. It seems likea good idea before, and i still want it, but im afraid of a) not looking like myself after and B) not being able to have feeling in my mouth ...

hope any of this helps! think about it anmd make sure your 100 % sure u want this, cuz it will change everything, from your apperance to how u eat.

Guest Xianie

Hmm, I'm just wondering. Since this is a pretty big surgical procedure, how do those who get it hide the scars? Will they always need to use concealer afterwards? Or does the surgeon do it in a way that leaves almost no scars?

Guest sallyen

Hmm, I'm just wondering. Since this is a pretty big surgical procedure, how do those who get it hide the scars? Will they always need to use concealer afterwards? Or does the surgeon do it in a way that leaves almost no scars?

Minimal scarring because everything is done inside the mouth.

Maybe two very very small scars on both sides of the face for the screws for your plates.

I was wondering if there was a way to make you chin smaller without surgeries. Stay with me on this ridiculous idea but can i reduce the length of my long chin by wearing a chin strap? It's the same chin strap you would wear after a chin surgery but I would wear it tighter to, I guess, compress my chin (and head). I mean teeth get straightened out with braces in due time so is this idea possible or just flat out idiotic? I have a chin strap and I wear it every night when I go to sleep. It's a real pain but I'm so desperate to get my chin smaller without surgeries. Just scared to go under the knife.

i wish it were that easy!, your jaw is made out of bone so that wont happen, where as your teeth are connected to your jaw through canals and nervs which are more maluble then bone. the only way to do that would be jaw reconstruction. which is painful and a huge pain in the richard simmons if you like solid food.

Guest corainheaven

I have recently undergone through orthognathic surgery in order to get beautiful looks. Well it worked. While the recovery time took more than 6 months but now all the problems are solved. I am now more admired by my friends and I fell very happy about my new look.

You should first consult to doctor before undergoing surgery.  

Guest Snowyflake

Hi, I am seriously considering jaw reduction surgery.  I am planning to go to Korea next month for this.  I can't decide between Dr. Park at Oz and Dr. Park at ID though.  I have never had surgery before, but have always been self-conscious about my square jaw.  I still may chicken out though.  If anyone is going next month, please PM me.  It would be nice to not have to go through the recovery period alone.

Hey guys!

I know exactly how all of you who want the surgery feel. I really want to get my jaws+cheekbones reduced and I'm thinking of going to Korea in about two years or so to do it.

I'm considering Dr. Song at "Miin Mandeulgi" Clinic - http://www.busunko.com/

I'm Korean American so I can't read the Korean perfectly - but I'm pretty sure Dr. Song does cheekbones+jaw reduction for about $5,000 which is really cheap. Of course he also has great reviews which is why I'm considering him, lol.

But yeah I want a number of things done, the jaw+cheekbone reduction at least, in addition to a nose bridge and perhaps a thinner nose? (Argh, my wallet hurts just thinking about it...but there is no price to self improvement and perfection imo)

Is anyone else SERIOUSLY interested in this? 

Although I'm Korean I can't call up my relatives (who I haven't seen in 15+ years) and say "Hey whatsup, I'm getting my face done so can I stay with you until I heal?" LOL

I really want to find someone else (or multiple other people) who are maybe willing to travel together for the surgery or at least meet up in Korea for it so we can heal together.

:T I'm currently 19 years old and the size of my face is such a pain. I'm seriously so jealous of my friends who can make pouting/duck/etc faces in pictures and look gorgeous - I can hardly take pictures and if I do end up being caught by the camera I un-tag like 90% of the pictures. 

So yeah, does anyone want to discuss + plan with me? ^^; 

Note: I am pretty confident and I do believe myself to be pretty attractive; I don't have a problem with finding guys or anything and my self-consciousness isn't so deep that it interferes with my interactions with people. I want these operations to better myself in my eyes, because these "problems" bother ME, not because of other people's opinion of me.

edit:

I'm skimming through some of the comments now and I realize that most of them are NEGATIVE and DISCOURAGING. I've extensively researched reduction surgeries and honestly guys, it's not life threatening. Of course there are risks, AS THERE ARE WITH ALL SURGERIES (even those that aren't cosmetic.)

Guest heidifarris23

OMG I would never surgically impprove the way I look. Being you is the most important thing. A brilliant mind knows how to show only its beauty and hide the other parts.

i have the same problem ): manly jawline ftl. but i'm too paranoid of getting surgery (and too cheap haha) so i just opt for having a hairstyle that covers it or makes it look softer (: it's up to you though. if i were rich i'd definitely do it if those rumors of your jaw feeling rough weren't true.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pinkwrl1314

Is there anyone from the US (or NY) who's planning to go this winter like in December for jaw reduction?  It'll be nice to have a travel buddy.  If anyone is planning to go, PM me and we can try to plan out the trip together.  Thanks ^_^.

My friend has a square face too and she's ALL into perfect skin, perfect eyes, perfect nose and lips.

She's planning on getting a jaw reduction surgery this or next year, but her doctor told her the risks yet she still wants to do it badly.

I honestly think she looks beautiful just the way she is now.

No need to hurry, maybe later on, you'll love the way you are.

Because 3 years ago, I was like "MOM, I need to undergo a double eyelid surgery, NOW"  because my single eyelids were so ugly, but now, I like my eyes (:

It's unique in a way and my friend is in love with my eyes (weird huh? haha), and she would say she wished she had my eyes~

Soo, long story short, don't rush. ^^ Think about it -- 'do I really need the surgery?'

But if you really want the surgery, have enough money to cover it, and know all about the risks, then go for it. (:

Archived