Permanent Jaw Reduction Surgery

Guest Candace16

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Xishu

I wonder if those face rollers can help any. I think I have a square jaw too.

Your friends told you you look like a man? I've been told I sound like a man by friends who've told other friends. rofl not fun to be a girl and associated with manly attributes. T__T

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Forgetfulfish

Permanent jaw-reduction is bound to be dangerous. You should really think closely about this, because the risk isn't only pain afterwards, or dying during the procedure, sometimes procedures like these don't turn out well at all. If you're unlucky you might get infections, scarring underneath the skin and if you have a sloppy surgeon you might actually become disfigured.

Think of how much you're willing to risk, how important it is and how you will react if something does actually go wrong. And I'd recommend waiting until you're 19-20.

If you decide for it, be very careful with where you get it done and by whom. And whatever you decide, best of luck!

A friend went to Korea and the surgeon told her that its one of the most risky surgries.  If you do get it done, make sure to get a really experienced surgeon because its really easy to touch the nerve, one touch and you die (literally).  Honestly, I don't think its worth it putting your life on the line just to look good.  And jaw reduction is shaving your jaw!  Ouch!  Sounds like a SAW movie, except they come out alive, a fraction of the time.  So yeah, my friend didn't get the surgery, and I don't think she needs it anyways.

I think you should embrace what your mother gave you.  ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
Guest heejinnnn

Hey guys!

I know exactly how all of you who want the surgery feel. I really want to get my jaws+cheekbones reduced and I'm thinking of going to Korea in about two years or so to do it.

I'm considering Dr. Song at "Miin Mandeulgi" Clinic - http://www.busunko.com/

I'm Korean American so I can't read the Korean perfectly - but I'm pretty sure Dr. Song does cheekbones+jaw reduction for about $5,000 which is really cheap. Of course he also has great reviews which is why I'm considering him, lol.

But yeah I want a number of things done, the jaw+cheekbone reduction at least, in addition to a nose bridge and perhaps a thinner nose? (Argh, my wallet hurts just thinking about it...but there is no price to self improvement and perfection imo)

Is anyone else SERIOUSLY interested in this? 

Although I'm Korean I can't call up my relatives (who I haven't seen in 15+ years) and say "Hey whatsup, I'm getting my face done so can I stay with you until I heal?" LOL

I really want to find someone else (or multiple other people) who are maybe willing to travel together for the surgery or at least meet up in Korea for it so we can heal together.

:T I'm currently 19 years old and the size of my face is such a pain. I'm seriously so jealous of my friends who can make pouting/duck/etc faces in pictures and look gorgeous - I can hardly take pictures and if I do end up being caught by the camera I un-tag like 90% of the pictures. 

So yeah, does anyone want to discuss + plan with me? ^^; 

Note: I am pretty confident and I do believe myself to be pretty attractive; I don't have a problem with finding guys or anything and my self-consciousness isn't so deep that it interferes with my interactions with people. I want these operations to better myself in my eyes, because these "problems" bother ME, not because of other people's opinion of me.

edit:

I'm skimming through some of the comments now and I realize that most of them are NEGATIVE and DISCOURAGING. I've extensively researched reduction surgeries and honestly guys, it's not life threatening. Of course there are risks, AS THERE ARE WITH ALL SURGERIES (even those that aren't cosmetic.)

Guest GRAPEJUICE

Likewise I've heard jaw surgery is extremely dangerous. I mean, if you look at K-celebrities, 99% have plastic surgery done on eyes and nose, but usually not their jaw. Some risk it, but what I'm saying is that even celebrities don't take the surgery lightly. I've heard a lot of people died from it too.

Also, I've heard the after effects take a lot longer than what you said. At leaset 6 months to a year for your face to go back to completely normal. Like, you have to stay still in bed for long periods of time so that your bones can settle or something lol.

dang, JAW SURGERY sounds scary as it is...lol

it's like they're going to cut ur jaw bones and put it back together again?

gosh...that sounds like it's going to hurt ALOT. @___@

it's not like a simple nose surgery, where they only cut soft bones...

but if ur really thinking about it, and u know the procedure well, like how it's done, what are the side effects, what u should do after the surgery, etc.

then i don't see the reason why u shouldn't do it.

as long as ur really 100% sure about it, and u think this is the final way to boost ur self-confidence, then go for it :D

and i know how it feels, coz i'm also thinking of doing plastic surgery in Korea, but not anytime soon.

maybe after i graduate from college which is next year, and i have to save up money first.

i'm thinking of getting my nose done. :D

coz i've always been bothered by my nose =___=

P.S

here's a famous filipino actress that has a square jaw line, but still looks gorgeous!:

DGpv3.jpg

So i guess my point is, try to work with what u have.

I'm not really sure about the "jaw" surgery, it really does sound scary to me...and i'm just worried about u, maybe instead of getting ur jaw done, get something else done, consult the doctor on other alternative surgery that would make u look better without getting ur jaw shaved?

whatever ur decision is, i wish u luck and take care! :D

Guest hyunjoon18

^ shes not gorgous, but she is;

7c19ef18.jpg

Squarish jaw, and not so big sized eyes...

Yet shes the beauty of korea.

People should learn from her.

Guest GRAPEJUICE

^ Lol actually Hyori is known for having a small, V-line.

A square jaw would be like Park Gyung Lim.

Guest jisuk_

i didn't think jaw reduction was that expensive :(

i've also been thinking about getting surgery and been looking at different hospitals lately. Sadly all of them dont post the price of the surgeries online and so i never knew T-T i've also been thinking of getting nose fillers.

My jaw isnt as wide as those in the photo but i would like to get the v line face but the price difference is woah. If there's any one has had this type of surgery i would like to know how the surgery goes ^__^

i love iu's v line face

70354560-south-korean.jpg

Guest pockii

*quoted image*

Squarish jaw, and not so big sized eyes...

Yet shes the beauty of korea.

People should learn from her.

ahaha, how rude :-)

Guest gkim2

i heard the surgery is $10000 minimum, not including the cost of having braces afterwards.which is REQUIRED! (so about another $5000 to that)

I have protruded mouth and squarish jaws and was thinking about getting this surgery but $10000.... T-T

im still a college student..

and you have to be there (korea) in my case for at LEAST six months. (which is impossible for me because of school)

as other people were saying this is the RISKIEST plastic surgery they have out there

and the side effects are serious.

you are not able to eat solid food for about 2-3 weeks

and after that your not able to chew on hard food

it costs ~$300 just for a checkup whether to see if you are qualified or not, since they have to do xrays and stuff

and of course it's not covered by insurance.

It really is a big difference though

yang_index_txt002_1.jpg

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

^ The girl in the second pic looked prettier before she got the jaw surgery...Her jawline was really defined and it outlined her face well...

Guest pbjsandwich

Holy richard simmons at the first picture O_____O

And I agree with AngelBaby, the second one had a defined, model look before.

Guest yukinohana

^

^

well most of them look like they had an underbite problem...

but anyways dont know anyone who has wanted this surgery

I dont have the cutesy v neck jaw ( actually i might have had... but before braces my dentist widened my jaw like crazy

since he wouldnt be able to get braces in Lol)

but im happy with the way I look.

I think you should do what makes you happy

but I would also give yourself some more time to think about it.

Guest heejinnnn

@gkim2: Sorry but the pictures and procedures you're talking about involves dental procedures to fix a harsh overbite/underbite as yukinohana has mentioned. Braces wouldn't be involved for a solely cosmetic jaw reduction because it has nothing to do with teeth. Also, I think the pictures above which involve dental procedures are more to fix misalignment than to reduce anything - a lot of people's face shapes can change if misalignment is fixed. As you can see from the pictures, they're from "White Dental Clinic" which is not a plastic surgery clinic. 

Furthermore, jaw reduction surgery which is just a reduction as the name states, can cost about $7k+ in the US but can run as low as $3.5k in Korea. Of course there are other countries that provide the service for cheaper, but these countries as well as countries like the US that provide the service for a higher cost, are less experienced in jaw/cheekbone reduction. The services are rarer in countries like the US because of that reason but are cheaper in other Asian countries because the other countries don't have tough restrictions and guidelines and even Korea's prices are too high for those countries' people. 

Korea, Japan, and Hong Kong are known to have the most reputable plastic surgeons in Asia; v-line is a huge demand in the Korean trend so it's natural that most people travel to Korea, where there is assured quality. 

For the people talking about the girl that died because of the jaw surgery, this was because HER SURGEON DID NOT PROPERLY MONITOR THE OPERATION. She died because of SUFFOCATION DURING SURGERY, not as a result of jaw reduction itself. Meaning if she was getting a nose job, the same thing would've happened because she would've still been unconscious while unmonitored blood traveled down and choked her. According to the articles provided earlier on in this thread, the sick doctor operated the same surgery on the mom next. He monitored the mom properly at least because she was fine.

So in conclusion, the real danger comes from how meticulous the surgeon is. 

Recovery time can be as short as two weeks to about 2 months (to look normal; complete swelling fades at about 1-2 years? as with double eyelid surgery)

To those who are commenting on the pain - there is the miracle of anesthesia during surgery and Tylenol afterwards :)

i think that you should look and see if your wisdom teeth came in.

after i removed my wisdom teeth, my jawline got a lot smaller.

personally, i wouldn't go through surgery.

but if you must, make sure that things like wisdom teeth are pulled and healed and do a lot of research.

ppl in the second set of before/after pics look somewhat photoshopped in the after.

like...everyone's face got lighter and all the girls got bigger eyes...

Archived