Guest adikkeluangman

[tvN] Sunday CSJH, Moon Hee Ok, Shin Hae Chul, Kim Chang Ryeol,
Opera Star 2011 오페라스타 2011

20110214143632796191.jpg

12985237848111.jpg

INFO

Details : tvN Saturday 11pm KST

Summary : Reality / 6 episodes / 26 March 2011 - 7 May 2011

About : “Opera Star” is a survival reality show with singers fighting to become an opera star.

Contestant : Sunday CSJH, Moon Hee Ok, Shin Hae Chul, Kim Chang Ryeol, Lim Jung Hee, Tei, JK Kim Dong Wook, and Jewelry’s Eunjung

• 3 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

SHINee’s Onew cheers for CSJH’s Sunday

Recently, SHINees Onew updated his me2day with a supportive message for CSJH’s Sunday, who is currently competing in tvN’s reality show, “Opera Star 2011“. It’ll be her first Korean broadcast appearance in four years.

Onew wrote, “Hello ^^ Our big sister Sunday is taking on the opera stage. ^^ I think ‘opera’ is a subject? haha~ I mean a genre~ It’s good music that makes me burst into tears when I listen to it~ I actually tried it once and~ anyways~ please cheer for our big sister Sunday! Opera Star~ Sunday hwaiting!”

“Opera Star” is a survival reality show with singers fighting to become an opera star. Sunday will be working alongside Moon Hee Ok, Shin Hae Chul, Kim Chang Ryeol, Lim Jung Hee, Tei, JK Kim Dong Wook, and Jewelry’s Eunjung for the top prize.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/04/shinees-onew-cheers-for-csjhs-sunday

Guest adikkeluangman

f(x), SHINee, and more attend tvN’s first recording of “Opera Star 2011″

Before the live broadcast of tvN’s “Opera Star 2011“, tvN held a photo wall event at the Sang Myung Art Center in Seoul.

This star-studded event saw a list of stars turning up to support their mates and included the likes of f(x)’s Victoria, Krystal, and Luna; SHINee’s Onew, Taemin, Minho, and Key; CSJH’s Dana; Jewelry’s Ye Won, Joo Yeon and Se Mi; 2AM’s Jo Kwon and Jinwoon; 8eight’s Baekchan, Lee Hyun and Joo Hee; Clazziquai’s Horan; Handsome People; songwriter Bang Shi Hyuk; and Byul.

On this day, eight top singers – including Kim Chang Ryul, Shin Hae Chul, Im Jung Hee, Moon Hee Ok, Tae, JK Kim Dong Wook, Jewelry’s Kim Eun Jung, and CSJH’s Sunday – participated in a survival opera competition, singing in front of a 1,200-person audience.

Kim Chang Ryul sang Donizetti’s “Una Furtive Lagrima (A Furtive Tear)” from L’Elisir d’amore (The Elixir of Love), Shin Hae Chul performed “Granada” from the same opera, Im Jung Hee sang Bizet’s “Habanera” from Carmen, and Moon Hee Ok sang Bellini’s “Casta Diva” from Norma.

Also, Tei performed “La donna e mobile (Woman is Fickle)” from Verdi’s Rigoletto, JK Kim Dong Wook sang “Toreador’s Song” from Bizet’s Carmen, Kim Eun Jung did ”O mio babbino caro (Oh My Dear Papa)” from Puccini’s Gianni Schicchi, and Sunday sang Handel’s “Lascia ch’io Pianga (Let Me Weep)” from the opera Rinaldo.

After the viewers select two members through a real-time text message vote, the four judges – made up of mentors Suh Jung Hak and Kim Soo Yeon, as well as professionals Suh Hee Tae and Kang Il Bum – will evaluate the performances and eliminate a member.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/04/fx-shinee-and-more-attend-tvns-first-recording-for-opera-star-2011

Who was the first to be eliminated?

On April 2nd, the eight contestants of tvN’s “Opera Star 2011” held their first live broadcast battle at the Sang Myung Art Center, which resulted in the first elimination of one of it’s participants.

Viewers could text in their votes for a poll that revealed the bottom two, which were revealed to be CSJH’s Sunday and Jewelry’s Kim Eun Jung. Eun Jung had delivered a performance of Gianni Schicchi’s “O Mio Babbino Caro.” Unfortunately, the judging panel, which included four experts in the field of opera, held their votes 3:1 in favor of CSJH’s Sunday.

Although Eun Jung was smiling, she was unable to hide her disappointment while stating, “Everyone is so talented and did well. Next week, I’ll be watching the show as a viewer.”

Singer Lim Jung Hee, on the other hand, took first place in the viewers poll, and received a standing ovation from her producer, Bang Shi Hyuk, and labelmate Lee Hyun.

Amidst the absence of MBC’s “I Am A Singer” this month, “Opera Star” is receiving much-deserved support as a show that showcases exceptional talent amongst singers.

Others that came to support the artists at the event included Bang Shi Hyuk for Lim Jung Hee, Clazziquai’s Horan for Tei, SHINee and f(x) for Sunday, and Jewelry for Kim Eun Jung.

The battle will go on until May 7th, when the final Opera Star will be unveiled. A special opera album production opportunity will be given to the sole winner.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/04/spoiler-opera-star-2011-who-is-the-first-to-be-eliminated

Guest adikkeluangman

Who was the second contestant to win? + performances

Following the win of Lim Jung Hee last week, singer Tei won #1 on the April 9th episode of tvN’s “Opera Star 2011“!

For two hours, the contestants performed live at the Sangmyung Art Center in Seoul for the show’s second episode. Jewelry’s Kim Eun Jung had been eliminated in the pilot episode, leaving seven contestants - JK Kim Dong Wook, DJ DOC’s Kim Chang Ryeol, Moon Hee Ok, Shin Hae Chul, CSJH’s Sunday, Lim Jung Hee, and Tei.

Tei performed a rendition of E. De Curtis’s “Non ti Scordar di Me“, which not only earned him a standing ovation from the audience, but praise from the judges as well. They said, “Tei is born with a tenor’s voice” and “I can feel an Italian’s blood running through you. You were full of expressive emotions.”

Before his performance, Tei had aroused the curiosity of the audience by commenting, “I used to have a childhood friend that I’d not only eat meals with, but with movies and spend a lot of time together with. I still wonder sometimes whether that friend still thinks of me, and I think I’ll be able to sing this song with that heart in mind.”

Upon winning, he joyously stated, “I feel great. So this is what winning feels like!” Second to be eliminated was Shin Hae Chul.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/04/spoiler-opera-star-2011-who-was-the-second-contestant-to-win-performances

Guest adikkeluangman

SNSD’s Sunny and Yoona cheer on CSJH’s Sunday for Opera Star

20110416000048_0.jpg

On April 16th, SNSD members Yoona and Sunny made an appearance at the Sangmyung Art Center in Jongno-gu, Seoul to support CSJH’s Sunday during her competition on tvN’s “Opera Star 2011“.

The day before on April 15th, an official from tvN revealed, “To support CSJH’s Sunday, who revealed her hidden skills and talents as well as her surprising growth during the 2nd round of ‘Opera Star’, her SNSD hoobaes (juniors), Yoona and Sunny, will be making a direct appearance.”

Unfortunately, during the recording on the 16th, despite the support from the girls, Sunday was eliminated from the competition. Sunday and singer Moon Hee Ok ended up in the bottom two, and the judges chose to keep Moon Hee Ok alive for another week – sending Sunday home.

Despite being eliminated, Sunday kept her spirits high as she stated, “Even in the future, I want to learn classical and opera singing. I think this was a really great opportunity.”

Tei was the winner for the second week running.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/04/spoiler-snsds-sunny-and-yoona-cheer-on-csjhs-sunday-for-opera-star

Guest adikkeluangman

Honey Lee stuns with a revealing dress

661f07c8bb309fb3102416c672c807a8.jpg

Honey Lee turned heads by wearing a very revealing dress for the latest episode of “Opera Star 11“.

On April 16th, the Miss Korea star stepped onto the red carpet with a sexy one shoulder dress that had a very high-thigh cut. Because of the high cut, she got to show off her gorgeous legs, and draw attention to her figure.

Some people thought the dress revealed too much skin, hence the photo’s uploaded title, “Cut A Little Too Much.” What do you think?

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/04/e-honey-lee-shocks-with-a-revealing-dress

Archived