[Variety] Opera Star 2011

Guest adikkeluangman

Guest adikkeluangman

Who was the final winner?

20110508_1304813265.jpg

On April 7th, tvN’s “Opera Star 2011” concluded its successful first season with the final round between finalists Tei and JK Kim Dong Wook.

The two singers were asked to perform a solo and a duet. JK Kim Dong Wook performed “Caruso” and collaborated with Kim Soo Yeon for “Time to Say Goodbye.” Tei chose “Non ti Scordar di Me” for his solo track and “God Father” as his duet with mentor Seo Jung Hak.

In the end, it was Tei that was victorious with the honor of winning first place. Tei stated, “Thank you so much. It feels like such a long time since I’ve received such an honor… I hope that I’ve repaid some of the love that I’ve received from all of my fans.”

Although he didn’t shed tears, his eyes did become red as he was overtaken with the emotions he’s gone through for the past two months. As the winner, Tei received the special opportunity to work with the London Philharmonic Orchestra for a special album.

Following the success of the first season, “Opera Star 2011″ will continue on with a second season.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/05/spoiler-opera-star-2011-who-was-the-final-winner

Guest adikkeluangman

Tei sheds ‘waterfall tears’ to celebrate his win on ‘Opera Star’

k3dkt.th.jpg s5gsc.th.jpg

Singer Tei posted this hilarious set of photos to celebrate his victory on tvN’s music competition show, ‘2011 Opera Star’.

Tweeting on May 9th, the star wrote, “I pass on a photo of victory I haven’t uploaded yet! Amount of tears estimated to be 2m. I pass on thanks once more.”

Tei is seen ‘weeping’ with tears made of toilet paper, which are pasted onto his face. Netizens laughed as they wrote, “You were very happy”, “Paper tears are totally adorable”, and “Congratulations on getting first place”.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/05/tei-sheds-waterfall-tears-to-celebrate-his-win-on-opera-star

Archived