[Variety] Survival I Am A Singer 서바이벌 나는 가수다

Guest chopper!

Guest KingOfOberon

Goodness Bobby Kim cannot lose. But I wonder how long he can keep this up. Hmmmm. 

Cho Kyuchan is good but so is everyone on the show. I think the audience likes to be pleasantly surprised. But it's a fine line between that something extra in a performance vs. a gimmick. 

My favorite performance of the entire show ever is still Kim Bum Soo's 제발 because it was before he started wearing weird things and being a "visual" artist. Not that I minded his visual performances because he has the talent to back it up but that performance still gives me goosebumps. 

Anyways. Was I the only one ecstatic to see Kim Yeon Woo back? Even if it was only for a featuring/duet.   

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got back from melbourne this morning

the last few days have been soooooo packed and exciting and a blur

the concert was absolutely fantastic!!!!

loved it so much!!!!

and i became a kim jo han fan through 나가수

but now i love this guy even more after meeting him several times in person

just the sweetest guy and most beautiful personality

i'll be back with more later on!^^

Guest chopper!

lucky people in melbourne! i hope they have another big concert (in the states hehe)

so awesome to see the original members on the show, been a while! one day, i hope the show brings back all the members of the show and do some kind of special x)

i guess only the people at the concert would know how the performances were^^ so excited for next week!

i have a feeling cho kyuchan might be eliminated. his music style doesn't seem to fit in with the competitive atmosphere of this show, it seems everyone's waiting for that big impact to come, but most of his songs just gently flow~ just like badboy yardy, i didn't know him, but i was very impressed with his version of Blower's Daughter. again, this show introduces me to so many unknown artists^^

Just got back from melbourne this morning

the last few days have been soooooo packed and exciting and a blur

the concert was absolutely fantastic!!!!

loved it so much!!!!

sounds great. I'm glad to know you had a memorable time.

The latest episode had a preview of the concert and it looked amazing. It had the current seven contestants, and about five past participants. Insooni looked incredible and I'm looking forward to seeing her performance the most.

i voted for insooni!!

i'm so glad that koreans in aust werent affected by the crap happening in korea!!!

it's about time she got no1!!!!

i gotta say the ep was edited quite badly

ah well...

SO CANT WAIT FOR NEXT WEEK!!!!!!it's going to be amazing!!!

reliving my memories from melbourne~~

and did u guys hear??? Gummy is the next singer joining the show!!!!

WOOHOOOOOO

i know she's not the same level in terms of experience compared to the other singers on the show

and i thought they would get lee young hyun first

but really looking forward to ehr performances!!!

I think she's a very good singer, but I don't think she fits in with the others on the show in terms of experience. I feel like IAAS is a kind of "HEY KOREA FORGET ABOUT YOUR IDOLS FOR A SECOND! I AM A SINGER!"

I think there's plenty of idol fans who know of Gummy (especially YG fans).

It's like when you looked at Immortal Song 2 and their male & female vocalist specials during the summer I felt like you saw the artists who in a couple of years might be up for consideration on IAAS. I think experience wise she is similar to how Jung Yup was when they had him and I don't think they've had as inexperienced a singer since him.

Heck when you look at it BoA and Seo In Young are both Gummy's sunbaes by multiple years. I think even Rain debuted a year before she did.

Guest sprezzatura

Put up the translations for this past week's performance, and the songs that the past contestants will be singing(or rather, have sung already lol)! I can't wait for YB's performance!!! Love the song he's going to perform!! I'm so excited! And I can't believe the song that Park Jung Hyun chose! LOL Never would've though she would choose that singer's song! If you wanna have a look, check back to page 16 of this thread! I put those titles in a very light color to not spoil it for those who want to be kept in the dark til next week! hehe

Loved the show this past week, and I CANNOT believe how incredibly lucky Jang Hye Jin is.

Man, it's so ironic that Cho Kyu Chan sang 이별이란 없는거야 (No such thing as farewell), and singing "Never say goodbye" at the end of the song, when he's the one we say bye to... TT___TT Loved his performance too! He did sound nervous in the beginning, but he really picked it up towards the middle to end!

About Gummy... I'm really "meh" about her. I can't say that I would hear a song of her's, and think, "Yes. THIS is Gummy." Hopefully this show will help her with that? I've never seen or heard her talk much, so I'm hoping to learn about her through this show!

I also know the songs that our 7 singers are going to sing to open up the 9th round on November 6th. And I absolutely CANNOT wait to hear the performances!! OMG some of the song choices really are making me go like, "WTF??" Here're 3 examples:

Jaurim will sing Brown Eyed Girls' Abracadabra

Yoon Min soo will sing Taeyeon(SNSD)'s If

Bobby Kim will sing Noh Sa Yeon's Meeting

O___O

hmmm i think experience is very important for this show but also the image..imagine if Bi went on the show, there would be an outrage

i do agree that gummy belongs more to immortal song.. like even though jung yup had similar years of experience, his image fitted more with 나가수 since he doesnt show his face on tv as much... same with lee young hyun..that's why i would have preferred lee young hyun..maybe i just miss big mama too much and think their talent has been wasted ><

with gummy, i liked her stuff when she first debuted, i've got a couple of her albums...during her 기억상실, 그대 돌아오면, 아니 days, she was jjang~really reminise the good old days when gummy, big mama wheesung se7en toured korea with the Color of the soul train concert...their live performances together were really sth...

i swear, ppl have gotta stop singing songs with the word 이별 in it!! ppl keep gettign crap results fromi t!! it's a jinx!! lol

이별 이야기

아름다운 이별

이별이란 없는거야

see???haha

i actually dont really want jang hye jin to go through 명예졸업

she's been so lucky over the past weeks!!if she managed to get through, as ppl say, it's more a 불명예졸업

unless she comes up with something crazily good to land herslef no1

otherwise i think there will be even more crap if she gets through

really feel sorrt for jo kyu chan

he deferred his studies for this!! and too unlucky he was~ duet mission then straight to australia and it's over for him in like 2 weeks ><

he didnt even get a chance to learn the show and he's already gone

and it seemed even at the end, he was a bit clueless still

Guest chopper!

Gummy is the new singer? i thought she would suit immortal song 2 as well. i feel she's kinda in the same level as the female vocalists on that show. i agree experience does matter a lot on the show, but at same time, not really. i mean look at big mama, debuted at the same time gummy did. yet big mama seems to be more welcomed on the show and both don't show their face on tv as much. it just all comes down to how well their voices match up to the competitive atmosphere.

i was really hoping the new singer would be park wankyu since i've been hearing lots of rumors that he wanted to go on the show. would be awesome if he does soon. oh and i've also read somewhere that naul was actually given an invitation to the show, but declined i think? still so many singers on my list i wanna see XD

jang hyejin is very lucky, but i don't think she'll have a 명예졸업. i have a feeling she will get eliminated some time. i have a feeling that she was VERY close on getting eliminated this week, so very close~ but luck is really on her side. o-o

Aaah, I'm two weeks behind on IAAS but I've been lurking on the forum just to keep up. Sad to hear about Jo Kyu Chan. I do like him as a singer and I did enjoy his duet performance even though it wasn't my top picks. Let's just say that I enjoy it enough to have it playing on my current playlist. Yeeeah, I think I'll be bummed if Jang Hye Jin graduates. Only because... during most of her run, she was on the lower half of the rankings. Plus, since YB got eliminated during that last round. Aaah, it's hard not to feel that way when you compare the two.

I'm kinda glad to see Gummy joining the show. I think she has a really powerful voice. I see her on the same level as Bobby Kim so I'm looking forward to seeing her. I don't think this show is just about seeing people who are veteran singers nor singers who rarely perform on stage. I think it's a show about singers who have established themselves as a strong singer. I don't think you can compare her to Bi. But I can compare her more to Ock Ju Hyun. I guess since Ock Ju Hyun was part of Fin.K.L, it gave people pause on whether she belonged on the show. But I think she really proved herself. Hopefully, Gummy will prove herself.

I don't think it's blasphemous to have Gummy on the show. She's Queen of YG and is a sunbae to the YG idols. If Ock Ju Hyun did admirably on the show, why not her? Personally speaking, I don't think she can last more than 2 rounds ^_^;;

Perhaps this is IAAS PDs' way of thanking Yang Hyun Suk (YG CEO) for his constant praising of the show? I'm very excited for her debut because of the show's eclectic song lineup.

I don't think it's blasphemous to have Gummy on the show. She's Queen of YG and is a sunbae to the YG idols. If Ock Ju Hyun did admirably on the show, why not her? Personally speaking, I don't think she can last more than 2 rounds ^_^;;

Perhaps this is IAAS PDs' way of thanking Yang Hyun Suk (YG CEO) for his constant praising of the show? I'm very excited for her debut because of the show's eclectic song lineup.

OJH debuted like 5 or 6 years before Gummy. Heck I think Finkl had already broken up before Gummy debuted. I'm not doubting her ability, I'm doubting how she fits in experience wise with the format of the show. Of course the PD is probably starting to run out of veteran singers who either

A)Want to appear

B)Still have their voices enough to win/compete

As to Jang Hye Jin. I do think it would be kind of a shame if she manages to graduate from the show considering how often she's been in the bottom. If she had been part of the original 7 she would have been eliminated within the first 3 weeks. Of course I think any of the singers currently on the show (with the exception of Insooni) would not have survived if they were part of the original 7.

Guest coffeebeanie

Whew. I thought I was the only one who didn't want Jang Hye Jin to graduate. I don't want to be mean, because I actually like her, she seems really nice and warm to those around her, but I don't think she deserves to graduate.

Compared to the previous graduates, she just doesn't measure up. Park Jung Hyun was constantly on top, she got the most number 1s, and she was always within the top 3. Kim Bum Soo, although he landed on the bottom at times, brought so much energy and talent to the show that no one doubted that he deserved to graduate. When he was there, every week we could expect something new and fun. He got number 1s too, most notably Lee So Ra's 제발, which became the second best selling digital song of 2011. Jang Hye Jin, on the other hand, if she does graduate, did not create so much of an impact. I know she got number 1 once, but I don't even remember the song anymore. I remember her version of Vibe's 술이야, but even then she didn't place first, it was Park Jung Hyun's 나 가거든.

I have a feeling she'll graduate though, like the audience would just let her, since she came this far..

Whew. I thought I was the only one who didn't want Jang Hye Jin to graduate. I don't want to be mean, because I actually like her, she seems really nice and warm to those around her, but I don't think she deserves to graduate.

Compared to the previous graduates, she just doesn't measure up. Park Jung Hyun was constantly on top, she got the most number 1s, and she was always within the top 3. Kim Bum Soo, although he landed on the bottom at times, brought so much energy and talent to the show that no one doubted that he deserved to graduate. When he was there, every week we could expect something new and fun. He got number 1s too, most notably Lee So Ra's 제발, which became the second best selling digital song of 2011. Jang Hye Jin, on the other hand, if she does graduate, did not create so much of an impact. I know she got number 1 once, but I don't even remember the song anymore. I remember her version of Vibe's 술이야, but even then she didn't place first, it was Park Jung Hyun's 나 가거든.

I have a feeling she'll graduate though, like the audience would just let her, since she came this far..

Yeah, I totally agree with all that you said. Although I felt like when Bum Soo did numbers that were less energetic, he ranked lower. Personally, I liked some of those numbers. Like 여름 안에서. He was so cute throughout the entire number with the hat and just an overall summery feel. Ehh, what are you gonna do? Unless you attend a filming of the show and are directly involved in the voting.

As for Jang Hye Jin, I did like her version of 술이야 more than Yoon Min Soo's version. I don't know. His voice just doesn't seem to be the same as when he was in Vibe.

Oy, last night I tried to do a back to back session of 나가수but after I got through the middle week, I saw the Australian concert/competition was an hour and 40 minutes. I just couldn't start it at 1:30 in the morning. So sleep deprived lately. And I was totally kicking myself when I heard Park Myung Soo say that Insooni was back in NY performing at Carnegie Hall. Gaaah, I missed her when she first performed at Carnegie and now again. :( At least I got to see her perform live at the New York Festival. She was awesome! :w00t:

Guest chopper!

I know a lot of ppl here don't want to see her graduate, but honestly, I think she deserves it ( tho I have a feeling she or yoon minsoo will be gone next round). It's a survival show, she managed to survive, she fought through the battle even if she didn't make much an impact to the audience with her songs. Graduation doesn't mean you've beat the best, it means you've learned from the journey and managed to get through in the end. Like school, you learn what they teach you and take in all the lessons, a time to look back on what you learned from the experience. I think jang hyejin has grown from this show. I don't think the show can give her much anymore as she has shown what she can do. it might not feel like it but I think she did what she could to survive. But meh, that's just my take on it.

Archived