[Variety] Survival I Am A Singer 서바이벌 나는 가수다

Guest chopper!

I have the feeling Jaurim might get eliminated next week. They got 5th place during their 1st round performance and things didn't look so great for them in the preview episode. They decided to sing Jang Hye Jin's 어느 늦은 밤, which is a song that shouldn't ever be touched imo. Jaurim gave pretty much an identical performance to the original, and it was just nowhere near it. I just think for this show, the singers need to bring a unique performance instead of trying to replicate the song. Ugh.. I'm a huge fan of Jaurim so I'm hoping they do sing it differently next week.

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have the feeling Jaurim might get eliminated next week. They got 5th place during their 1st round performance and things didn't look so great for them in the preview episode. They decided to sing Jang Hye Jin's 어느 늦은 밤, which is a song that shouldn't ever be touched imo. Jaurim gave pretty much an identical performance to the original, and it was just nowhere near it. I just think for this show, the singers need to bring a unique performance instead of trying to replicate the song. Ugh.. I'm a huge fan of Jaurim so I'm hoping they do sing it differently next week.

I think a big problem sometimes for singers on this show (and on Immortal Song 2) is when they decide to 'imitate' the original singer too closely. I think audiences want a singer to put their own style into a song, but of course it's a slippery slope because audiences don't want them to 'disrespect' and just completely gut and change the original song either.

It also looked more like Kim Yoon Ah performing and not really bringing the entire 'group feel' to the performance so hopefully they change it up for the live.

I have question, how come she might be eliminated when she placed 5th last week?

up to now I can't understand how does one get eliminated if place 7th one time?

How come Jang Hye Jin is still in the competition when she already last place twice or thrice I think (not sure if 2 or 3)?

I have question, how come she might be eliminated when she placed 5th last week?

up to now I can't understand how does one get eliminated if place 7th one time?

How come Jang Hye Jin is still in the competition when she already last place twice or thrice I think (not sure if 2 or 3)?

That's because it's combining the results of two shows.

Basically the format is this.

1st week: Singer's choice(usually). The new contestant(s) joins the cast and sings last and everyone is singing a song they picked themselves.

2nd week: Singers are given a song to perform and then we see them practicing the song and they then perform it in the practice studio in front of the rest of the singers. The singers then vote on the performances among themselves, but the results don't mean anything other then to give each singer an idea of how good their performance was.

3rd week: Elimination show. The singers perform the song they were assigned and the audience votes. The results from Week 1 and Week 3 are added together and the singer with the lowest vote total is eliminated.

The voting is 500 people (100 teens/20s/30s/40s/50s+) So after week 1 and week 3 when the totals are added up its 1000 votes. It's possible to be 1st on one show and last on another show and be eliminated when the votes are added up.

This is what happened to BMK she won the 1st voting, but she did so bad on the 2nd voting that her total when both weeks were added up was the lowest.

It's also possible to not finish last place either week and to be elminated. This happened to Jo Kwan Woo (6th place both weeks) and was eliminated.

Guest yeohweping

Kim Kyung Ho won 1st again in "I am a singer".Gummy got last but Jang Hye Jin is the final last, got kick out on her supposed graduation day just like YB

Kim Kyung Ho won 1st again in "I am a singer".Gummy got last but Jang Hye Jin is the final last, got kick out on her supposed graduation day just like YB

thank for the info... from the last nite i felt nervous afraid of min soo and bobby kim potential getting kick out...now they still in competition .. i hope both of them can graduate...excited waiting for Tei performance next week..another my fav singer..

^ 기억상실 (Memory Loss)

thank u so much..i love this song so much when i listening to gummy performance for min soo..

Wooow, daebak.

I was so worried about what the ranking would be because I didn't want to lose Bobby Kim or Jaurim just yet. After all the talk from people saying they don't want Jang Hye Jin to graduate, myself included, I'm a little shocked that she got kicked off today. Wow, gotta love this show's format.

That's because it's combining the results of two shows.

Basically the format is this.

1st week: Singer's choice(usually). The new contestant(s) joins the cast and sings last and everyone is singing a song they picked themselves.

2nd week: Singers are given a song to perform and then we see them practicing the song and they then perform it in the practice studio in front of the rest of the singers. The singers then vote on the performances among themselves, but the results don't mean anything other then to give each singer an idea of how good their performance was.

3rd week: Elimination show. The singers perform the song they were assigned and the audience votes. The results from Week 1 and Week 3 are added together and the singer with the lowest vote total is eliminated.

The voting is 500 people (100 teens/20s/30s/40s/50s+) So after week 1 and week 3 when the totals are added up its 1000 votes. It's possible to be 1st on one show and last on another show and be eliminated when the votes are added up.

This is what happened to BMK she won the 1st voting, but she did so bad on the 2nd voting that her total when both weeks were added up was the lowest.

It's also possible to not finish last place either week and to be elminated. This happened to Jo Kwan Woo (6th place both weeks) and was eliminated.

Thank you so much for the info.

I have another question…

I don’t know Korean language but have pick up a few word from watching Korean drama.

Why is it the host keep mentioning unnie whenever he introduced Kim Kyung Ho.

In sooni, also called him unnie.

Near the end of the lastest episode a fan called him, as kyung ho noona.

Is he gay? Did he come out in the open? I thought Korean are conservative and silent in that area?

Guest sunny_dance

Thank you so much for the info.

I have another question…

I don’t know Korean language but have pick up a few word from watching Korean drama.

Why is it the host keep mentioning unnie whenever he introduced Kim Kyung Ho.

In sooni, also called him unnie.

Near the end of the lastest episode a fan called him, as kyung ho noona.

Is he gay? Did he come out in the open? I thought Korean are conservative and silent in that area?

Lol. I'm pretty sure it's because of his long hair. I'm sure he gets mistakened as an unnie, noona, or ajumma a lot because of it.

Lol. I'm pretty sure it's because of his long hair. I'm sure he gets mistakened as an unnie, noona, or ajumma a lot because of it.

Yeah, it's partly because of his long hair and there are aspects to his personality that make him effeminate. He has tons of beauty products at his home which was shown one week and he's soft spoken. I kind of love that about him. On the one hand he's this hardcore rocker and on the other hand, he's quite delicate. Hehe... :w00t:

Guest 2006smtown

How come this show always like this...This is so waste of the time for the artists work all the way for nothing..

No offense I want Yoon Min Soo out of the show..he is so weak..Guess my luck only goes on Insooni.

How come they don't invite Sung Si-Kyung?

Guest 2006smtown

^ I believe there was an article somewhere about that...Sung Si-Kyung was invited but I think he didn't accept the offer.

Really?..he should really come because I heard he is a great singer...

I wonder why a lot of good singer decline to come I am a Singer?

Guest chopper!

Really?..he should really come because I heard he is a great singer...

I wonder why a lot of good singer decline to come I am a Singer?

a lot of reasons really,

one, some singers don't like the competitive atmosphere. two, the elimination concept. three, they don't feel like they're up to par with the other singers. four, some feel like they can't cover songs well to their own style (like what jo yongpil said). five, some don't have time. so forth and so on x)

anyways, the new singer is Jukwoo.

(strange cus articles said tei was the new singer. reporters, get it right! lols)

anyways, the new singer is Jukwoo.

(strange cus articles said tei was the new singer. reporters, get it right! lols)

can u give the YT link for this new singer..just wanted to see what is the genre that he sings..the name very unfamiliar to me

I really thought the next singer will be Tei..haih..disappointing..

Archived