[Variety] Survival I Am A Singer 서바이벌 나는 가수다

Guest chopper!

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest HealthyAction

I thought Park Sang Min was suppose to come out this week?? :huh: I feel like the singers that have been brought out are not really meeting the caliber of the show. Some of the singers that came out on the show haven't even been in the industry for 10 years yet. I feel like the show has been trying to meet the interests of the more younger audience members (10-20's).

I was disappointed with Kim Kyung Ho's ranking, out of all the slower songs he performed I felt this one was his best. I feel like his ranking could've been higher if he had performed later. He deserves to graduate, he set new records on the show; Got 1st place four times w/o singing his own song (Park Jung-hyun got 1st place four times, but one of them was with her own song) first contestant to get 1st place two weeks in a row and broke Yim Jae beom's record by getting 29% of the votes.

I hope his next performance he ends it with a bang! I feel like his strength is the energy he brings to the audience.

Congrats to Gummy I feel like she deserved 1st place this time, the last time she got 1st I'm pretty sure it was because of T.O.P. being up on stage with her.

I have a question regarding yesterday episode...

how did kim kyung ho graduate?

when he was given the no. 7 figure he should the last right?

how come no one was eliminated and kim kyung ho successfully graduated?

Guest chopper!

I have a question regarding yesterday episode...

how did kim kyung ho graduate?

when he was given the no. 7 figure he should the last right?

how come no one was eliminated and kim kyung ho successfully graduated?

no no, the 7 trophy is the graduation trophy. if you look at the other graduates like jaurim, they all got trophies shaped like 7. and no one was eliminated because it was the last episode for season 1. season 2 is going to start soon.^^

i wonder if it'll be a whole new cast or a continuation from season 1. they better not do some weird changes like they did on new years. :/

no no, the 7 trophy is the graduation trophy. if you look at the other graduates like jaurim, they all got trophies shaped like 7. and no one was eliminated because it was the last episode for season 1. season 2 is going to start soon.^^

i wonder if it'll be a whole new cast or a continuation from season 1. they better not do some weird changes like they did on new years. :/

Thank you for so much for the explanation, but I have a follow up question...

If it's not the last episode for the first season, then who should have been eliminated?

And will kim kyung ho still graduate if not for season ender episode being no. 6 for the first part and no.4 for the second half?

Thank you for so much for the explanation, but I have a follow up question...

If it's not the last episode for the first season, then who should have been eliminated?

And will kim kyung ho still graduate if not for season ender episode being no. 6 for the first part and no.4 for the second half?

Based on the ranking system it's a little hard to tell who would have been eliminated without looking at the individual votes. You could guesstimate but I mean, this is a competition where if you get 1st place one week and then 7th place the following week, you could still be at risk for elimination.

I don't know if I'm understanding your 2nd question correctly but regardless Kim Kyung Ho would have graduated. They said that they did the tally and he got enough votes to graduate.

• 2 months later...
Guest timpa

I was looking for a S2 thread as well, but if you want to use this that's fine. Could someone explain what the new rules are? I think there's way too many singers on the show now. 12 singers seems like overcrowding.

I know they've been split into two teams and so going forward there will be 6 performances on an episode since they will be singing on alternating weeks, but beyond that I didn't really understand what the rules changed to.

I was looking for a S2 thread as well, but if you want to use this that's fine. Could someone explain what the new rules are? I think there's way too many singers on the show now. 12 singers seems like overcrowding.

I know they've been split into two teams and so going forward there will be 6 performances on an episode since they will be singing on alternating weeks, but beyond that I didn't really understand what the rules changed to.

Aaaayyyy, I don't like the new rules.

So the 12 singers/groups split into teams A & B. One team will perform the 1st week, the 2nd team will perform the 2nd week. Then the 3rd week, the top 3 from both teams will compete again so the viewers can pick the 1st place singer. The bottom 3 from both teams will also compete to pick the last place singer. The 1st place singer AND the last place singer will leave the show. Also, this time all the viewers watching the show can send in their vote by text message and the show will be broadcast live.

Oops, almost forget. The 1st place singers will then return in December and compete again in order to pick the Singing King/Queen, what have you.... Oy, that was a mouthful. I hated the charts explaining these new rules. I tuned out several times because it felt like I was in a business meeting.

Guest timpa

Aaaayyyy, I don't like the new rules.

So the 12 singers/groups split into teams A & B. One team will perform the 1st week, the 2nd team will perform the 2nd week. Then the 3rd week, the top 3 from both teams will compete again so the viewers can pick the 1st place singer. The bottom 3 from both teams will also compete to pick the last place singer. The 1st place singer AND the last place singer will leave the show. Also, this time all the viewers watching the show can send in their vote by text message and the show will be broadcast live.

Oops, almost forget. The 1st place singers will then return in December and compete again in order to pick the Singing King/Queen, what have you.... Oy, that was a mouthful. I hated the charts explaining these new rules. I tuned out several times because it felt like I was in a business meeting.

Wow that's a lot more complex than the first season and thank you for the explanation.

So then since I believe it was Team A who was selected to perform first, does this mean the next couple of weeks look like this.

5/6: Team A performs

5/13: Team B performs

5/20: Top 3 from team A, Top 3 from Team B compete (new song or same song?) to determine 1st place overall.

5/27: Bottom 3 from Team A, Bottom 3 from Team B compete to determine last place.

^1st place overall and last place overall then leave show.

Week 5: Start of next 'month cycle' with 2 new contestants.

Is that how it looks like the show will go? If so it looks like there won't be the 'practice weeks' from last season, which may be why it seems the singers having a manager has not been included in this season since most of their screen time came during the practice weeks.

I can't really say I like this format. It's almost like if you have a singer on this show you really like you'd want them to *NOT* finish first right away because that means they have to leave and won't be back until December. I think it takes something away from where in S1 you needed 7 rounds (over 21 weeks) of quality performances to graduate, now you just need 1 good performance (finish 3rd out of 6 in your team) and then 1 great performance (1st out of top-3 from each team) to graduate to the champion show in Dec.

Wow that's a lot more complex than the first season and thank you for the explanation.

So then since I believe it was Team A who was selected to perform first, does this mean the next couple of weeks look like this.

5/6: Team A performs

5/13: Team B performs

5/20: Top 3 from team A, Top 3 from Team B compete (new song or same song?) to determine 1st place overall.

5/27: Bottom 3 from Team A, Bottom 3 from Team B compete to determine last place.

^1st place overall and last place overall then leave show.

Week 5: Start of next 'month cycle' with 2 new contestants.

Is that how it looks like the show will go? If so it looks like there won't be the 'practice weeks' from last season, which may be why it seems the singers having a manager has not been included in this season since most of their screen time came during the practice weeks.

I can't really say I like this format. It's almost like if you have a singer on this show you really like you'd want them to *NOT* finish first right away because that means they have to leave and won't be back until December. I think it takes something away from where in S1 you needed 7 rounds (over 21 weeks) of quality performances to graduate, now you just need 1 good performance (finish 3rd out of 6 in your team) and then 1 great performance (1st out of top-3 from each team) to graduate to the champion show in Dec.

Yeah, I think that's how the schedule should go. Because doing the Top 3 and Bottom 3 competitions all in one week is just too much. This almost 2 hour episode this week is suuuuper long too.

I liked seeing the behind the scenes stuff that the 2nd PD came up with for the practice weeks too. Where we went into their homes and so a bit of their personal life. Also, I don't if this means that they won't get that lottery selection of music because I really liked that as well.

Guest yeohweping

Lee Soo Young won 1st for I am a singer S2.Lee Eun Mi & JK Kim Dong Wook're in top three line.The other three singers're in bottom 3 line.

Archived