[Variety] Survival I Am A Singer 서바이벌 나는 가수다

Guest chopper!

Guest 2006smtown

I think Jang Hye Jin deserve to graduate..and I hope everyone made it to Graduation too!

I hope for the best for Gummy..I heard her voice but never her song! So let's welcome Gummy as a family!

No offense, right now, the song choice are better. I wish they could have done better for the original 7. I feel its not fair to the original how they get boring mission!

Also I realize the Australia concert ranking was what I expected..unlike in previous episode! Can't wait for the next episode!

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know a lot of ppl here don't want to see her graduate, but honestly, I think she deserves it ( tho I have a feeling she or yoon minsoo will be gone next round). It's a survival show, she managed to survive, she fought through the battle even if she didn't make much an impact to the audience with her songs. Graduation doesn't mean you've beat the best, it means you've learned from the journey and managed to get through in the end. Like school, you learn what they teach you and take in all the lessons, a time to look back on what you learned from the experience. I think jang hyejin has grown from this show. I don't think the show can give her much anymore as she has shown what she can do. it might not feel like it but I think she did what she could to survive. But meh, that's just my take on it.

I dunno. I have nothing against Jang Hye Jin. I just think that if she makes it graduation she joins a short list with Lena Park and Kim Bum Soo... I don't really think she's performed as well as them or even some others who have been eliminated. She's done 'just enough' to avoid being last.

Guest coffeebeanie

I know a lot of ppl here don't want to see her graduate, but honestly, I think she deserves it ( tho I have a feeling she or yoon minsoo will be gone next round). It's a survival show, she managed to survive, she fought through the battle even if she didn't make much an impact to the audience with her songs. Graduation doesn't mean you've beat the best, it means you've learned from the journey and managed to get through in the end. Like school, you learn what they teach you and take in all the lessons, a time to look back on what you learned from the experience. I think jang hyejin has grown from this show. I don't think the show can give her much anymore as she has shown what she can do. it might not feel like it but I think she did what she could to survive. But meh, that's just my take on it.

When I read your comment, I realized that yes, she grew so much from the first time she participated in the show. She learned how to be more confident on stage, how to arrange her songs so that it would make an impact, and most of all, she always seems so nice and warm to others, open to the suggestions of her peers, which is the thing I really like about her. But that said, as mentioned earlier by someone else, its just that feeling of being underwhelmed by her graduation. If she survives this last round, I will be happy for her because she will be able to graduate (I think she mentioned before that she made a promise with her daughter that she'll really try to graduate right? So sweet.) Its just that feeling that others *ahem YB ahem* deserved to graduate way more than she did. But, as you said (and correctly pointed out) she grew up and we were a part of her journey, so I guess that accounts for something. I guess more than just deserving to graduate, luck is also a part of this show - like luck on what song you get for the second round, luck for the arrangement (who will sing first vs. last or who will sing before you vs. after you) of singers.

When I read your comment, I realized that yes, she grew so much from the first time she participated in the show. She learned how to be more confident on stage, how to arrange her songs so that it would make an impact, and most of all, she always seems so nice and warm to others, open to the suggestions of her peers, which is the thing I really like about her. But that said, as mentioned earlier by someone else, its just that feeling of being underwhelmed by her graduation. If she survives this last round, I will be happy for her because she will be able to graduate (I think she mentioned before that she made a promise with her daughter that she'll really try to graduate right? So sweet.) Its just that feeling that others *ahem YB ahem* deserved to graduate way more than she did. But, as you said (and correctly pointed out) she grew up and we were a part of her journey, so I guess that accounts for something. I guess more than just deserving to graduate, luck is also a part of this show - like luck on what song you get for the second round, luck for the arrangement (who will sing first vs. last or who will sing before you vs. after you) of singers.

To be honest, I liked her more when she first came on. Yes, after being on for a some time on the show, the audience could grow tired of you but I felt that she took bigger risks at the beginning with her singing. I know she didn't do well with Kara's Mister but I was impressed that she even tried to do it.

RESULTS

1. Kim Yeon Woo (YES!!!!)

2. YB

3. Kim Bum Soo

4. Kim Jo Han

5. Lena Park

6. JK

7. Lee So Ra

I was so happy for the winner, who I personally thought performed the best. It must have been bittersweet because he was eliminated so early and never really had a chance to shine. I always thought he had the most amazing voice in the show. He recently has been showing more personality in his guest appearances and he appeared so confident in his performance.

Guest Charms1986

My parents and I were both watching this week's episode and we couldn't help notice Lee Sora's appearance? Does any one else think she's sick? I hope not but I just have a feeling she is.

Guest coffeebeanie

I found the last episode to be a bit unfair, just because of the fact that they didn't know that they were going to actually compete, so the songs that some of them chose (like Lee Sora and Park Jung Hyun) aren't really the types that they'd usually perform if they knew that they were going to be competing. And as we all know, song choice and arrangement is crucial for this show. It was kind of lopsided for me, because as all of them said Kim Yeon Woo prepared so much (more so than the competing contestants, as pointed out by his manager, lol), while the others were probably just expecting to sing and perform, not really knowing that they'll be ranked.

With that out of the way, I loved YB's performance. I missed that band so much. And he's so cute with his daughter too. Park Myung Soo said it would be nice to have Kim Yeon Woo back on the show to compete again, just because he got eliminated so fast, and Kim Yeon Woo himself said that at the time he was on the show, he didn't have an idea what actually to do. Nice that he finally got to redeem himself though. :) Maybe the producers can have a one-time competition for all those who got eliminated and whoever wins can compete again?

My parents and I were both watching this week's episode and we couldn't help notice Lee Sora's appearance? Does any one else think she's sick? I hope not but I just have a feeling she is.

That's what I was thinking too. Plus, she didn't show up for the ranking reveal at the end. Nor was she there for the selection of which order to sing. She clearly looked tired. :(

when she actually performed it was really weird

when she came out se had this frown on her face and she didnt say anything or smile or anything

felt like she didnt want to be there at all

then after she finished she disappeared off the stage real quick

I have to confess that I didn't watch last night as when I started the video it was way out of sync. Did anyone else have that problem? And then this morning I skipped ahead and noticed it syncs back later. It was weird but I'll watch it tonight after work. Wondering if the syncing problem goes on for a long period of time.

I have to confess that I didn't watch last night as when I started the video it was way out of sync. Did anyone else have that problem? And then this morning I skipped ahead and noticed it syncs back later. It was weird but I'll watch it tonight after work. Wondering if the syncing problem goes on for a long period of time.

it was out of sync for a few minutes, but it's corrected about 15 minutes in. doesn't hamper the good stuff.

it was out of sync for a few minutes, but it's corrected about 15 minutes in. doesn't hamper the good stuff.

Thanks, I watched it last night.

Hmm the rankings were a bit different from how I would have personally ranked them. As much as I don't want Jang Hye Jin to graduate, I think this week's performance was my favorite of hers. She just looked at ease and enjoyed herself making it very enjoyable to watch.

Kim Kyung Ho rocked the house. I loved his take on Park Mi Kyung's song. Another favorite of mine was Jaurim. I love them week after week but I appreciated how they did a different take of that song. It was unique and Kim Yoon Ah's voice is lovely.

Personally, I would have ranked Yoon Min Soo last. But I think Bobby being last was a fluke. As you can't literally vote someone in last place but just pick 3 performances that you liked, I think most people would have thought that Bobby had enough of a following to have enough people vote for him. I wouldn't have picked him as my top three but I certainly think he performed way better than YMS. I'm ready to see YMS go. When I was watching Gummy, I thought that that's what YMS should have sounded like at the beginning of his number. He just couldn't get the notes out and that's not how I remember him from Vibe. I don't think Gummy deserved 2nd place but I liked how her take on Lee Sora was overwhelmingly emotional. To be honest, I think YMS ruined a song that I love from the Hong Gil Dong OST. I have to admit I was thrilled when I saw Insooni practicing "I Cheated" with Park Myung Soo but I was hoping that she would do a mashup rather than an abrupt shift. Still I enjoyed the performance. Like the experts said that song isn't about being a powerful number but rather it's a fun number. I agree. Can't wait for next week.

I just started watching this show because I really like Gummy. I think she has a soulful beautiful voice and I'm glad she is getting more exposure. I found ep 33 online for those who can't download.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/5hNbtf2yKJU/

Archived