[Drama 2011] City Hunter 시티헌터

Guest adikkeluangman

Guest MC_Lee

Finished watching ep 2 today.

It was great. Lee Min Ho completely blew me away and the chemistry he has is epic.

Makes him seem so boss.

Guest alicechen

MediaFire Parts for Episode 1 & 2 have been added. Check it out here.

Episode 2 was less intense. My favorite scene is when our leads play fight on the mat. That kick-and-flip from Min Young was awesome! :wub:

I could be wrong about the direction of the plot, but I'm excited about the complexity it's building up with the revenge story arc. It seems as if

LMH is slowly either starting to become friend or will end up working and getting close to some people, only to kind of destroy their world in the end. I'm sure he will end up being tortured between what to do: avenge his father's death and punishing crooked politicians, or betraying his "friends."

I'm saying this because it looks like he will either use or work with the prosecutor. Yet, in episode 2 it is mentioned that the prosecutor's father is friend with one of the bad guys, the one LMH is after, which makes me think prosecutor's dad is one the five politicians responsible for his dad's murder.

Not sure yet about the connection with PMY in the revenge plot, but one thing for sure is that she has been assigned to work in the Blue House, thus to protect those LMH wants to destroy. What will happen when she finds out about his true identity and real goals? Especially if her heart, their hearts are attached to one another by then...

Comic Relief, i.e. my nickname for the president's daughter: she is obviously enamored of LMH. Yet her father is one the guys responsible. LMH doesn't seem to know that yet. Can't believe they have him go after the president of Korea! O_O

The tension is mounting. I'm enjoying the writing so far and can't wait for next week's episodes! :D

Guest RSmith021985

I never read the manga, but after watching this, it makes me wanna read it now.

LMH & PMY are really great. Can't wait for EP. 3

Guest dreamy21

I never read the manga, but after watching this, it makes me wanna read it now.

LMH & PMY are really great. Can't wait for EP. 3

The manga is actually pretty different. And of course, way way more exaggerative :3

Im soo hooked that CH is all i can think about especially the main couple blush.gif. This drama has everything romance,action etc ,thats the main reason i love it so much. Watching episode 2 aswell as the preview(for the second time :wub: )seems to me like his intentions are more to bring them down rather then kill them,id like to see him destroy everything they have work for aswell as reveal their crimes :unsure:.

Does anyone know where i can find the instrumental music from when LMH and PMY are shown by the waterfall place.

Guest pinochio

what's the relation between LMH's and PMY's characters?

i remember in the first ep LMH was talking with a picture of PMY?

^ Thanks for the link! Recently grown to like reading recaps of dramas~

I think this might be the drama to de-stress me from my work every week. The cast, the plot and the cinematography ( <--- love love love it).

and woah, the President? Since it's a no brainer that Mister Choi will be the last target; I think until that time comes when Jin Pyo drops the bomb on Yoon Sung that he have to kill him, Yoon Sung will already have developed quite a close relationship with the President. Although he did make the unavoidable mistake but he was partially forced into making that choice. We all can tell that he's a good man. Yoon Sung will know that, surely.

But dang, these first 2 episodes already made me a fan. I don't usually watch a lot of dramas, im more of a movie fanatic. So I don't exactly know how to say or review but I am amazed by how different the tones of these 2 episodes are but they still managed to not have any boring scenes in between or made me feel halted when I was watching ep 2. I really really enjoyed the balance of romance and tension, not overly flooded with the main couple nor too much of the targets and JP (I love the actor but man, he literally brings the mood down to business whenever he's on the screen.) I need some light-heartedness as well! Oh and I love the music whenever the vengeance plot comes in, its the music when the 20 soldiers were shot. Beautiful, it reminds us of the strong pilot ep and the background story.

Already can't wait for the next weekend so I can catch up on Eps 3 & 4. :)

Guest yogurt7

I still don't get it why did the cook has nana's photo ? :wacko::blink:

Please tell me if u know ????

and which one would be the best sub : viki or darksmurf ?

Thank u

on the sub selection, I try both sub, and I think viki has better translation compare to darksmurf. well, that just my opinion.

Guest ching22194

on the sub selection, I try both sub, and I think viki has better translation compare to darksmurf. well, that just my opinion.

The ones uploaded in youtube are from darksmurf translation and i think some parts are not translated well but its fine 'coz it has good video quality. Are the viki subs uploaded in youtube?

The 2nd episode is not good as the first, but this one is the foundation for NN's character so there's nothing to complain about. So the cook is not her dad? i really thought he is, i remembered MH asked him if she is his daughter.

As a big fan of action films i can say MH is a bit soft. Though it's still early to tell coz it just started, i wish they will build up his character more. I want to compare it to James Bond but its more like of Knight and Day, anyhow its still fun to watch.

Guest timpa

LMH and PMY don't both have the same Mother in this do they? Which would make them half-siblings... I was expecting some kind of twist involving LMH's Mom in this like it turned out she was married to the current President (he was the only one of the previous administration officials who didn't agree with how the 21 south korean soldiers were sacrificed) So maybe he had gone to comfort/look after her and they ended up getting together. Turned out it wasn't the case since we saw his wife when both her and the daughter were introduced to PMY's character.

So my mind went to maybe her having gotten remarried and had a daughter (PMY). Of course PMY would need to be at least 2 or 3 years younger than LMH's character so I'm not sure what the age difference is in the show.

Given how Korean dramas tend to treat the lead characters who do shady/immoral things (even if it's for revenge or justice) I wouldn't be shocked to see Lee Min Ho end up dead or in prison at the end of this if he goes along with the plans to kill off the 5 officials who betrayed the 21 soldiers.

English Subbed episodes are also available on Youtube!

I really hope the subs the YT uploader uses aren't from ViKi as I'm a ViKi volunteer myself. It doesn't feel good to see the subs you've worked on on streaming sites :(

and which one would be the best sub : viki or darksmurf ?

Definitely ViKi. Darksmurfsub is just good when you're really itching to watch it hours after it aired and you want to have a bit of understanding of the episode and it's machine translated from Chinese, then edited by the Chinese speakers. ViKi, on the other hand, is translated from Korean, not as fast as DFS, but definitely of much better quality.

Can someone post a link to download for vikii sub of episode two... thank you ;)

Some 20+ posts before your post, Ahoxan posted the download links. Please make time to backread next time.

Guest elaine1898

if nana ends up guarding the president and minho's character has to KILL the president.........................what a HUGE CONTRADICTION (that is if they get together). jfkd;ajd;jfls;jdflj; T.T i see bad things happening.

on one hand, i kinda what a tragic ending just for the sake of being sad and accepting the fact that life is not a fairytale.

buuuuut, on the other hand, jkaf;jsdkl;fj I WANT THEM TOGETHER ((:

anyways, this is one of the only dramas airing right now that i will be following full heartedly. i like seeing corruption in dramas, and stuff like that (: and two beautiful people paired together? HEAAAAVENNN :D

Guest CrossMyHeartandHopetoDie

So far, I really like this drama and it definitely didn't disappoint me. It should be interesting to see what happens to the love line between YS and PMY's character. It was pleasant surprise to see Lee Kwang Soo! I couldn't even recognize him w/o his mustache and w/ his glasses. xD Like his character, he always gets pushed around by everyone else. May is definitely a good month for dramas.