best love 17.9 (nationwide) 20.2(seoul)

city hunter 11.1 / 12.2

romance town 10.9 / 10.9

TNS ratings

best love 15.2 (nationwide) 18.0(seoul)

city hunter 10.0 / 12.2

romance town 9.7 / 9.8

Guest show2007

More characters are being introduced and the plot is getting more interesting and I finally feel the vibe of the City Hunter manga. Looking forward for next week.

LMH fighting and happy to see the rating is rising.

Guest cococrust

ep 1 c-sub

http://www.sendspace.com/file/szhy1i

ep 2 c-sub

http://www.sendspace.com/file/y7tzho

MV 1 [LOVE]

http://www.sendspace.com/file/rbjepx

OST 1

http://www.sendspace.com/file/vsr0md

Guest alicechen

Episode 2 HanRel 450p Version: http://www.fileserve.com/file/yKzPzrD

Previous links here.

GAH! A very strong, solid episode 1! They should fire the person who edit the messy trailer! :sweatingbullets: So happy when I see Park Sang Min! Can't believe after his heart-breaking ending in Giant, I'll get to see him in agent suit all over again. That man. Of course, his son, LMH's character, is someone to look forward to. ^^

Guest apricot

Good start, episode 1 was surprising good. I thought it will be dull like

Iris

but towards the end, it was much "livelier" I guess. Park Min Young is gorgeous. And Min Ho is HANDSOME. Lol, he looks really good here than in

Personal Taste

The only thing that irks me is that Min Ho doesn't elude that killer feel..and more of a pretty idol feel. Haha..he's too goodlooking for that character? We shall see..

the 2nd episode of city hunter rocks!!!so many cute scenes between the main couple...i guess the love triangle is already showing. Lee Min Ho + Park Min Young= daebak!!! I hope the english sub comes out fast..=D

since the drama has started..i would like to share few pictures that i like during shooting in thailand and also at presscon..enjoyyy!!

location8.jpg

location7.jpg

location4.jpg

location6.jpg

a bit blur because i can't concentrate when he is near...hehe

PC1.jpg

please do not hotlink..thanks

I just finished episode 2 and I can say that I can't stand how people are still hang on to the fact that it doesn't look like the manga of course it can't the manga is made of drawings and sometimes it is easier to do stuff with drawings than in real life I think it can be done it just would be a lot expensier of what most tv channels are willing to pay. So for what it is I love it, LMH is great I don't know if he doesn't look like a killer but an idol like someone said, or that he is too young to be a good actor, but I am convinced he will be great for the role of James Bond, he is suave and sexy and good in action sequences, he looks great in a suit and women would go crazy for him too. Maybe it is that I am not nor I ever even read the manga but I don't see how you can't keep them separate. I think that hollywood chops up all of the comic book heroes in movies but I still watch them and I read the comics but maybe that is just me. Give it a chance I think that it is really good but then again we have only seen two episodes we will need more to really form an opinion but so far I am in love with the drama.

Definitely will differ from manga.. but I do get the anime feel from the music. LMH has impressed me so far as it is slightly different from his previous characters. In Personal Taste, you could still see the boy in the man but for City Hunter (so far), he acts a bit more mature. I also hope they don't go down the BOF route. Plucky girl, infatuated boy - Let PMY save him a few times or be his partner in helping him out. If I am not mistaken, the City HUnter manga, Ryo had a female assistant?

Guest suikoden4ever

Definitely will differ from manga.. but I do get the anime feel from the music. LMH has impressed me so far as it is slightly different from his previous characters. In Personal Taste, you could still see the boy in the man but for City Hunter (so far), he acts a bit more mature. I also hope they don't go down the BOF route. Plucky girl, infatuated boy - Let PMY save him a few times or be his partner in helping him out. If I am not mistaken, the City HUnter manga, Ryo had a female assistant?

not assistant...but partner...they're both known as CITY HUNTER...so CITY HUNTER is not just for one person but for both...thats why this drama is epic fail...this drama doesnt deserve to be name CITY HUNTER for the title

Guest bokchoi

I don't understand why people are hating and getting butthurt because its not a live-adaptation of the manga or that its not very similar. They said from the get-go that it was an original script that's loosely based on the manga (meaning they took elements and just state it so they don't get raped legally and/or so they could use the name). Obviously the whole point of using the name was to get people who read the manga interested enough in it to watch a few episodes, and maybe like it for what it is. Whether they suceeded or failed with that doesn't matter. City Hunter definitely has my attention and I'm interested in seeing how it develops.

Guest relly

Hi Everyone,

City Hunter Episode 2 English Soft-Sub Subtitle is out.

24q652p.jpg

City Hunter 1-2 English Subtitle can be found Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project:-

This is a new project for the DSS CTS Team

URL: http://www.darksmurfsub.com/forum/index.php?%2Ftopic%2F1527-city-hunter-2011%2F

Please visit the link for more information about the Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project. CTS Project is about FANS helping FANS for FAST SUBTITLE RELEASE! Enjoy!

Guest wanne

i understand if the fans of the manga feel disappointed towards this drama. but to say it doesnt deserve to use the name City Hunter, seriously the AUTHOR himself approve this drama and is cheering for this drama and the casts. He mentioned about this drama on his website and gave LMH a caricature of Ryo to show his support and all.

besides, i dont know how true this is but its a news translation i read on the web saying the producer of this drama said that Tsukasa Hojo, the author wants a new perspective for City Hunter, he wants a different City Hunter that he never thought before.

so, really, why would the author allow this adaptation when most people werent able to get his permission before. for someone so difficult to allow other people to adapt his work, he must have read the whole script before agreeing.

i'm sorry for people who look forward to this drama because of the manga but what to do, maybe if this drama is totally like the manga, the author may not give his permission at all, then we wont have this adaptation to begin with. i read the other adaptations were not exactly like the manga as well.

anyway, so far, i'm really really liking this drama. episode 2 has a different tone but i like it since its not continuously dark only. i think more than like, i'm completely an addict already right now. been rewatching both episodes twice now and feel like rewatching again.

i was tremendously dissapointed with the casting of PMY before but thankfully i'm enjoying her scenes with LMH now. and i think after watching episode 2, YS's revenge feels a lil different from the usual revenge i've seen. compared to other revenge, his is less passionate right now because when his father's dead, he was not born yet. he asked JP if this revenge is the reason why he was trained until now and if he kills them will they be able to live well again. he even need to be reminded not to forget about the death of his father. right now i think while he do feel mad about his father being betrayed and killed, his mission may be started because he just wants to get over this and find his mother and live happily after that. but as he does the mission, he will see how bad of a person the target is and thats what motivated him more to bring them down/kill them. but the president was shown in Ep1 different than the other four targets. he was forced to and felt guilty. i think YS will have the hardest time when he has to kill him. and i feel that Nana's father may be related to YS as well. is he a bodyguard too before? i remember the camera slightly showed the face of the man who shoot from the submarine. i hope thats not Nana's dad.

City Hunter’s Lee Min Ho wins high praise for his spectacular action scenes and absorbing acting skill

ec8b9ced8bb0ed978ced84b0.jpg

Kim Sang Jung, a senior Korean actor, highly praised Lee Min Ho.

On the May 25 episode of SBS’s Wednesday and Thursday drama series City Hunter, Kim Sang Jung, or Jin-Pyo in the drama, a bodyguard of the President, is responsible for cultivating and training anti-North spies, involved in every event related to North Korea along with Park Sang Min, or Mu-ryeol in City Hunter. Lee Min Ho is one of the spies Kim has cultivated.

Kim has spent much time of the shooting with Lee from the earlier scenes taken in Thailand up to now. In an interview, Kim said, “In City Hunter, I am a step father of Lee, who is doomed to cultivate his son as an anti-North spy. It’s the first chance to play with Lee Min Ho. I was very impressed by his great deal of enthusiasm for acting, so I’m confident to say that you can see him perfectly transforming himself into the new character.”

He also added, “He’s doing great in every kind of scenes such as shooting a gun, running, and expressing depth emotions.”

Kim Sang Jung is an experienced actor and ended in success his most recent drama Beautiful Life, playing a cool-headed, but romantic middle-aged guy. He said, “Unlike the prior character, I’ll show you a tough guy in City Hunter. It’s been the first time to play such a rough guy running with a gun with hard eyes since I appeared in Swat Police (a Korean drama, 2000). It’s very interesting to me. And I think I’m very luck to have this great chance to transform myself into a totally new character.”

Besides Kim Sang Jung and Lee Min Ho, the new SBS drama series City Hunter includes Park Min Young, Lee Jun Hyeok, Hwang Seon-hee, Ku Ha Ra, Cheon HO Jin, Kim Sang Ho, and Lee Gwang Soo. It will air at 9:55 p.m. on every Wednesday and Thursday.

By Yu Yeon-woo (idsoft3@reviewstar.net)

Source: Reviewstar (Original article in Korean)

Photo from Reviewstar

Translated by Geum Jae / en.korea

***********************************************************************************************************************************************

‘City Hunter’ Lee Min Ho, teased Park Min Young’s first kiss, “Tell me the truth.”

20110527071309195.jpg

Seoul, Korea – ‘City Hunter’ Lee Min Ho, teased Park Min Young’s first kiss, “Tell me the truth.”

Yun Sung was surprised by the fact that Nana never had kissed before.

On SBS soap opera ‘City Hunter’ aired on May 26th depicted a scene where Yun Sung (Lee Min Ho) surprise kissed Nana (Park Min Young).

Nana was shocked and speechless for a while, before she threw him to the ground and left. On the following day, he scolded Yun Sung “Don’t you owe me an apology for the kiss?”

Yun Sung answered, “that was just a greeting and nothing to apologize for.” Nana could not go on and was hesitant. Then Yun Sung doubtfully asked her, “Is it your first kiss by any chance?” Nana avoided answering the question, implying that it was her first kiss.

During the Judo training that followed, Yun Sung showed interest in her by picking at what she was saying and quietly staring at her like a young boy teasing a young girl. Then Nana shouted, “Where are you looking at during the training? It’s so grotesque!”

“You should feel flattered by my attention,” Yun Sung continued to tease her and made the audience laugh, “it was your first time, right? Be honest.”

On the other hand, Yun Sung, upon injuring Nana during the training, took her to the hospital, walked her home and even ate ramen together, which hinted a possible love story between them.

By Kim Do Gyung (star@bntnews.co.kr)

Source: BTN News (Original article in Korean)

Photo captured from SBS ‘City Hunter’

Translated by Yesul Kwak / en.korea

Guest JaneElliot

I read somewhere that this drama was like an origin story for the manga character, somewhat in the vein of Batman Begins. I haven't watched the first episode yet, but does anybody know if this is true? Cuz I think that'd be kind of cool.

Guest nana544

I just saw episode 1 and it was really good :)!!!! Lee Minho has great acting skills. He express his emotion really well. Oh man!, Lee Minho is just very handsome. I cannot wait to see his character meet Nana :)!