[Drama 2011] City Hunter 시티헌터

Guest adikkeluangman

I, too, am hoping they are not changing the script too much other than the ones already mentioned. Don't want it to be stripped of the essence of the original city hunter. I'm looking forward to the lead pairing and putting my hopes that the plot won't disappoint.

Guest abyminho

No matter what happens i'll watch this drama i've waited for this since min ho was cast.

i am pretty sure that the min ho and min young would pull this off...

im very excited to see them in a drama together!

No matter what happens i'll watch this drama i've waited for this since min ho was cast.

i am pretty sure that the min ho and min young would pull this off...

im very excited to see them in a drama together!

same here! I think MinHo won't be selecting a project that DESERVES to be selected.. :)

As to LMH being or having a soft/not a playboy type, WE STILL HAVE TO WAIT

for his submersion to his role.. :)

LMH is a great ACTOR and he still have TIME to transform to have a DETECTIVE-PLAYBOY aura... ;)

MAY25!!! :)

Guest adikkeluangman

If many storyline been changed, they should just changed the title and don't mislead people. It can just said that this drama been inspired from the manga not make it into live action.

Park Min Young to play the female lead on “City Hunter”

Actress Park Min Young has been confirmed for the female lead role in the upcoming drama, “City Hunter.”

The new SBS Wedsnesday-Thursday drama will air its first episode on May 25th. She will play ‘Kim Nana’, a woman experienced in the martial arts and is a guard for the Blue House (Korea’s equivalent of the White House). ‘Kim Nana’ will meet and fall in love with MIT graduate, ‘Dr. Lee Yoon Sung’.

It’ll definitely be an interesting role for the actress, as she’ll be required to learn new skills for her character. ‘Kim Nana’ is especially proficient in judo, and since she’s a bodyguard as well, viewers will get to see her sweat and run around in both her blue uniform and sleek black attire.

The drama’s representative said, “It took a long time to find an actress that would fit perfectly. Her young and healthy image goes well with the role.”

Park Min Young will be romancing Lee Min Ho, who plays the male protagonist ‘Lee Yung Jong’.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/02/park-min-young-to-play-the-female-lead-on-city-hunter

Guest rainyrainy

ahhhh I'm so happy that a thread is started for this show , I love lee min hoo and I'm waiting for this show since I heard about it some months ago especillay becoz I watched some epi of the anime and I loved it too , lee min hoo will be very cute in this drama I'm sure , the female lead is also not bad so I wish everything will be fine , but can someone tell me when this drama is supposed to start ?

I don't know,but i really can't see it :((

I only see Imag  like as this

*quoted image*

@littlefrog_89 : I'm having the same problem as u , Can't see many of the pix posted here , I'm seeing only a pic of a frog with a msg saying that to see the pic I have to be registred to some site :(

I just HOPE this drama wont be the same as PLan B with Rain ... I'm sorry. i find him a very good actor but that drama just sucked!!! Dont get it personally but i found it very boring and very overreacted acting....lets hope this one wont be the same...

Guest pallycute

If many storyline been changed, they should just changed the title and don't mislead people. It can just said that this drama been inspired from the manga not make it into live action.

Yes I agree with you.

I think the production team have a responbility to explain this issue to the public.

ahhhh I'm so happy that a thread is started for this show , I love lee min hoo and I'm waiting for this show since I heard about it some months ago especillay becoz I watched some epi of the anime and I loved it too , lee min hoo will be very cute in this drama I'm sure , the female lead is also not bad so I wish everything will be fine , but can someone tell me when this drama is supposed to start ?

City Hunter will broadcast at 25th May 2011.

That's what I'm saying.  They should change the title to fit the plot.  This is what has happened to Song Il Kook's drama, which has three different titles now, getting us all confused.  The casts were changed, Kim Seung Woo, who was originally casted in this drama withdrew from the film because of personal reasons he didn't disclose.  It is also a detective story dealing with true to life criminal cases in South Korea, to be aired in March 9.  Crime Squad, Homicide Division, Detectives in Troubles, we don't know already what is real.  Maybe producers of City Hunter find detective stories to be overwhelming already so they decided to change the storyline.

However, I'm still hoping that City Hunter return to it's original plot.

Guest bettechai

Lee Min Ho aims to show off his swimming skills for ‘City Hunter’

110301_leeminhoswimming.jpg

Actor Lee Min Ho is presently training his body and mind with swimming lessons.

As SBS’s ‘City Hunter’ prepares to go into filming, Lee Min Ho has been taking swimming lessons every day since the end of last year at a hotel swimming pool in Kangnam. He’s shown a sophisticated and sensual side through his previous works, KBS’ ‘Boys over Flowers’ and MBC’s ‘Personal Preference’, but for his new drama, Lee Min Ho will strive to exhibit more of his masculine side through the character, ‘Lee Yoon Sung’ – a previous MIT professor and current Cheongwadae national communications agent.

An association of Lee Min Ho passed on, “While tackling brilliant action scenes that emphasize his long limbs, Lee Min Ho will also be showing off his swimming skills. He’s exercising regularly every day so that he could show a more natural appearance, rather than professional techniques.”

Because his breakthrough role in ‘Boys over Flowers’ was with a character who couldn’t swim, Lee Min Ho is determined to show off his swimming skills through this opportunity.

An associate of the drama raised anticipation by hinting, “We’re also planning a shot of Lee Min Ho’s muscular body in the swimming scenes as well.”

“City Hunter” will air its first episode on May 25th.

Source: Sports Seoul via Nate

Guest bubby

Lee Min-ho special swim training for "City Hunter"

Actor Lee Min-ho is training his mind and body with special swim training.

With the official shooting for the SBS drama "City Hunter" close to date, Lee Min-ho has been getting swimming lessons everyday starting from the end of last year in a hotel in Gangnam. If he was sophisticated sensitive in KBS2 "Boys over Flowers" and "Personal Taste", this time he is Lee Yoon-seong in the Blue House National Communications Team with a PhD, manly and full of strong charisma.

A spokesperson for Lee Min-ho conveyed, "He will show fancy action with his long limbs and also his swimming skills. To be more natural and not professional he is training everyday regularly".

Lee Min-ho had drowned in water a couple times in the drama "Boys over Flowers" that put him in stardom, but this time he has firmly decided he will show his true swimming skills. A spokesperson for the drama put out high expectations by saying, "We will expose a little bit of his firm body in a swimming pool scene".

Meanwhile, producer Jin Hyeok from the drama "Shining Inheritance", is also in charge of "City Hunter" and has finished casting Park Min-yeong as Lee Min-ho's counterpart.

http://news.nate.com.../20110301n05559

Cre: Han cinema                                                 

Guest sharon89

http://leeminho.net/bbs/redirect.php?tid=10682&goto=lastpost#lastpost

201103040722531112_1.jpg

Kim SangJoon is going to join 'City Hunter'. He is going to play the role, Lee JinPyo(?) and he will be the stepfather of YoonSung (Lee Minho).

He is a bodyguard at the South Korean president's residence, the Blue House and he is a patriotic person which has a strong sense of justice. Because of an incident, he got betrayed and he does not believe human anymore and started his plan of revenge.

Kim SangJoon is a former marine corps, thus he can do some high difficulty action moves because of his experience in the military. He is currently having some training to maintain his stamina for the drama because it has been 11 years that he did not do any action movies/dramas.

'49 Days' is going to broadcast after 'Sign' and followed up by 'City Hunter' on May 25.

Transtator : first_snow @soompi

Fanart^^

34.jpg

342.jpg

Cre: Dc Leeminho

Actress Kim Mi Sook joins "City Hunter"

10asiab25.jpg

According to the newest news from Kim Mi Sook's manager. She is going to join the special drama "City Hunter" of SBS. She will play as mother of Yoon Sung (Lee Min Ho). Her character in this drama is another strange role, like Beak Seung Hee in Brilliant Legacy (same director). "City Hunter" is expected to have about 20 episodes. Filming has been started in March.

I hope this will be an other great drama of SBS in this year, with very well director and many talented actors, actresses. Waiting for this drama, day by day. ^^

Guest bitter SOOweet

oooh interesting.

park min young and lee min ho filmed together before in I Am Sam too!

ha, well i can't wait for this !! ^^

Guest lanziepanzie

ahh! definately looking forward to city hunter! cmonnnnn may 25th!

love both the male leads! :)))))

many people are disappointed with female lead but i quite like PMY,

Guest pallycute

Actress Kim Mi Sook joins "City Hunter"

Really?? I didn't see any news about Kim Mi Sook joins City Hunter :D

Btw, there's a new cast for City hunter.

His name is Lee Kwang Soo and he will become a computer engineer.

이광수, '시티헌터' 합류…컴퓨터 공학 박사 변신

2h4dnh1.jpg

[티브이데일리=선미경 기자] 배우 이광수가 컴퓨터 공학 박사로 돌아온다.

이광수가 오는 5월 방송될 SBS TV 새 수목드라마 '시티헌터'(극본 황은경, 연출 진혁)에 캐스팅됐다.

일 본의 인기 동명 만화를 원작으로 한 '시티헌터'는 이민호, 박민영 등 화려한 캐스팅으로 관심을 받고 있다. 이번 작품에서 이광수는 고지식하고 융통성은 없지만 컴퓨터 앞에서는 천재성을 지닌 인물인 컴퓨터 공학 박사 고기준 역을 맡았다.

예능 프로그램 SBS TV '일요일이 좋다-런닝맨'에서 모함 광수, 분노 광수로 시청자들에게 재미를 선사하고 있는 이광수는 '시티헌터'가 첫 번째 현대극 도전이기에 촬영이 없는 날에는 캐릭터 분석에 힘을 쏟고 있다.

이 에 소속사 관계자는 "이광수는 예능뿐만 아니라 연기에 대한 욕심이 많은 배우로 캐릭터를 완벽하게 소화하기 위해 구슬땀을 흘리고 있다"며 "'시티헌터'에서 지금까지 보여주지 못한 이광수의 새로운 모습을 볼 수 있을 것이라고 기대한다"고 전했다.

한편 '시티헌터'는 오는 5월 25일 첫방송될 예정이다.

Credit: [티브이데일리=선미경 기자 news@tvdaily.co.kr/사진=신정헌 기자]

Guest C51236

Kwang Soo cast for computer engineer in "City Hunter"

2011/03/09

Actor Kwang Soo has been cast for SBS new drama "City Hunter".

According to his management, Kwang Soo has been cast for the drama based on a Japanese original cartoon, along with Lee Min-ho and Park Min-yeong.

He is Ko Joon-ki, an inflexible, inadaptable but genius computers engineer.

This will be his first mini series and he has been active in the SBS TV program "I Like Sundays – Running Man". He is focused on analyzing his character to better act it out.

His management conveyed, "He is working hard to not only do well in the TV program but also to digest his character well. You should be able to see a whole new side of him you have never seen before in this drama".

Meanwhile, "City Hunter" is due to start this May 25th.

http://www.hancinema.net/kwang-soo-cast-for-computer-engineer-in-city-hunter-28400.html

pallycute, There haven't been any news about it, but I have just received this news from her manager. She will start filming it in early April because she also has another SBS drama in March. ^^* i think this news will be published soon and I'll post it to confirm. :)