[Drama 2011] City Hunter 시티헌터

Guest adikkeluangman

What a great episode!!! I have to say that I don't speak Korean and I'm only able to passivelly undestand some parts due to 4 years of watching Korean dramas. If I am curious about certain drama I am simply too impatient to wait for subs so it is really important for me to be able to undestand the plot from the execution of the whole episodes. If I can do that and I'm not inclined to press the foward button at all that means I found an addiction and City Hunter together with Greatest Love seem to be such an addiction. :wub:

However, there is one thing I don't get at all. When LYS shot the assemblyman with the dart how did he manage to get the unconcious man and himself out of the boat unnnoticed in the short time before the police arrived??? I have to admit I am at a loss. :huh:

Guest webby

i'm slightly disappointed with epi 3. somehow i felt not much happened within the hour compared to the first 2 episodes. i guess I was expecting more from the action scenes. I liked the 'spoon fighting' though, wish it were longer. Also, I hope they don't use slow mo that frequently whenever there's a fighting scene. it kinda dampens the intensity of the scene.

other than that, i like the interaction between yoon sung and bae shik joong and the comic relief, esp yoon sung likening shik joong to someone like a mom (referring to his cooking). lol. guess the dad coming back will spice things up the next episode. i honestly hope yoon sung's mom won't be further endangered becoz she's the most helpless of them all.

always appeased to know nana can fend for herself and is not a damsel in distress. esp liked the scene where YS was at NN's place and NN was remarking how cool the prosecutor guy is (YJ) without realizing the city hunter is right before her.

i'm just wondering how long can YS manage to keep his identity hidden when he goes about handling cases without a cover up. I felt the pace of this episode is much slower than the first. the editing was abrupt in some places and not as smooth as the 2nd epi. Also i kinda empathize with YS's dilemma, him being back in korea to execute revenge the way he thinks should be rightfully done whilst his adoptive dad finds him tardy. As YS interacts with NN, he also senses that despite him being affluent and not lacking anything materially, NN who is tackling multiple part time jobs seem to be the more fortunate one, having a host of warm childhood memories.

Who sings the opening song ??

Opening Song

Yanghwajin Band. Song name -- It's Alright

June 1, 2011 -- viewership ratings

AGB Nielsen

best love 17.8 nationwide / 20.3 seoul

city hunter 12.3 / 13

romance town 10.7 / 11.5

TNS Ratings

best love 14.4 nationwide / 17seoul

city hunter 11.9 / 13.6

romance town 9.3 / 10.1

Guest isomaa

I want to find the ringtone messages of Kim Na Na in ep 2, which you can then share???

Lee Min Ho vs Park Min Young is very nice, I hope screenwriter will give them a happy end.

anyone have any idea as to where I might be able to get the ringtone that Park Min Young had when she was being scolded by the manager? :D

Here you go:

http://www.mediafire.com/?qde7t7k386fyxu6

cr: me

--------

another note: i haven't signed in to soompi for a very long time or watch kdramas for a very long time. i'm loving this and LMH :)

Guest nitrogen123
On 6/1/2011 at 4:32 PM, Dudie said:

Episode 3 was so amazing. I allready like the YS & Nana pairing allthough I have the feeling that all goes a bit too well and it seems he goes against his father. I wonder what he's really planning? And it had such a nasty cliffhanger. I felt so sorry for YS there.

Now that brings me to something else I don't get.. maybe it get's explained soon or maybe someone can allready explain.

Mom gave birth to YS and his father was happy.

Friend takes the child away and raises it as his own because the dad tried to save him.

Mom in tears coz she lost her son.

And now the mom is taken away by the president?!

Why was YS taken away? The friend could have stayed with his mom and still get revenge?! And it seems to me the mom didn't have an important role untill she was taken away by the president? Or is there some sort of connection between the president and his mom so he YS had to be taken to save his life?

Here's my 2 cents:

1) I don't think the mom was taken away by the president. She did get in the car with him. It could just be that he wants to talk to her....but not out in the open. He may still feel guilty about the betrayal...and therefore still keeps in touch and maybe even try to help her financially. We don't really know for sure...have to wait for more episodes to see.

2) As for the friend staying with the mom and YS to get his revenge.....That probably isn't possible. He's the only survivor who knows about the betrayal. So, those involved could easily try to kill him to keep him quiet. He had to go into hiding to save his life.

3) As for taking YS away. His goal is revenge. So, he wants to train this young kid to be a non-feeling killing machine. And he could feel that having a mother around might make the kid "soft", it might a distraction to his plan etc.....

Anyways, I could be wrong.

imageproxy.png

City Hunter Rises Alone

Amongst the three dramas on Wednesdays and Thursdays, "City Hunter" rose alone.

According to AGB Nielsen Media Research, the 3rd episode of SBS "City Hunter" rated 12.3% on the 1st. This is 1.2% more than the previous episode.

Meanwhile, MBC "The Greatest Love" and KBS 2TV "Romance Town" dropped a little, rating 0.1% less than the previous 17.8%, and 0.2% less than 10.9% respectively.

"The Greatest Love" showed amazing increase in rating after "49 Days" but stopped right at the foot of 20% when "City Hunter" started rising.

Based on a Japanese original, "City Hunter" is based on the 2011 Seoul and about the growing process of the main character who is a national communications agent by day and a private spy by night. The cast includes, Lee Min-ho, Park Min-yeong and Goo Ha-ra.

Source: http://news.nate.com/view/20110602n03397?mid=e0101 (korean)

credit: HanCinema

**********************************************************************************************************************************************

"City Hunter" Lee Min-ho is modern day Hong Gil-dong

photo174425.jpg

Na-na called Yoon-seong the City Hunter.

In the SBS drama "City Hunter", Na-na (Park Min-yeong) and Yoon-seong (Lee Min-ho) enjoyed a date in the fountain and had a late dinner at her house.

Despite Na-na's dissuading and abuse, Yoon-seong went into Na-na's house, got cleaned up and ate, complaining, "Why isn't there any meat in here?"

While watching the news relating to the disclosure of a Member of Parliament, Na-na says, "Someone's out there doing a wonderful job and someone's sitting here complaining about the food". Yoon-seong then says, "Was is that big of a deal?" and gets lost in thought.

Actually the disclosure was done by Lee Yoon-seong but Na-na didn't know that.

"Those people deserve to be called the "City Hunter" she says and Yoon-seong secretly smiled at the fact that he had just been called the City Hunter.

Meanwhile, Yoon-seon went about to find his mother secretly and showed signs of not being about to forget his mother, making viewers feel pity for him.

Source: http://news.nate.com/view/20110602n00075 (Korean)

Credit: HanCinema

Guest wanne

Episode 3 is sooooo good!! 

seriously, i've never felt so satisfied in a drama like this, especially as early as this. its only been 3 episodes for god sake. and so much has happen, and it happens so good. i really hope it will keep this pace until it ends.

back on Ep3, god, i love the action scenes sooo much. its sooo cool and atypical. and as cool as the fighting scenes are, some scenes also tug at my heart just as good.  for example the scene where YS eat alone at his huge dining table which reminded me of Goo Jun Pyo but this one is executed sooo much better i nearly teared up at that scene. when he shouted and his voice seems to echo around the room because its only him there, it breaks my heart so much. and the scene when he played in the fountain, its so heartbreakingly beautiful. why must this boy who just want some love be burden with such a revenge. and seriously, a revenge never felt this good, the humiliation fall upon LKW is soo satisfying, much better than just murder. especially when he was sent in the box and opened in front of a crowd of reporters. but looks like it didnt end up successful because the surrogate father is back now gah! to make matter worst, witnessing YS at his mother's place. oh, i love the scene with his mother. i must say this drama has really good osts. 

cant wait for Ep4!! also, i'm loving all the scenes between YS & Nana as well. love love love this drama!

Guest webby

i'm wondering why YS is hiding from ajuhsshi the fact that he is in close contact with Nana. Seems like sik joong ajuhsshi really cares a lot about YS and has a good heart. he even went to find out YS's mom's whereabouts for him.

saw the longer preview for epi 4 posted up there. lol at YS standing on the car to stop his dad. looking forward to epi 4.

Guest farhah1986

Episode 3 is sooooo good!! 

seriously, i've never felt so satisfied in a drama like this, especially as early as this. its only been 3 episodes for god sake. and so much has happen, and it happens so good. i really hope it will keep this pace until it ends.

back on Ep3, god, i love the action scenes sooo much. its sooo cool and atypical. and as cool as the fighting scenes are, some scenes also tug at my heart just as good.  for example the scene where YS eat alone at his huge dining table which reminded me of Goo Jun Pyo but this one is executed sooo much better i nearly teared up at that scene. when he shouted and his voice seems to echo around the room because its only him there, it breaks my heart so much. and the scene when he played in the fountain, its so heartbreakingly beautiful. why must this boy who just want some love be burden with such a revenge. and seriously, a revenge never felt this good, the humiliation fall upon LKW is soo satisfying, much better than just murder. especially when he was sent in the box and opened in front of a crowd of reporters. but looks like it didnt end up successful because the surrogate father is back now gah! to make matter worst, witnessing YS at his mother's place. oh, i love the scene with his mother. i must say this drama has really good osts. 

cant wait for Ep4!! also, i'm loving all the scenes between YS & Nana as well. love love love this drama!

I love episode 3 so much!Especially with action scene and how brilliant YS undergo hi mission.He knows exactly the CCTV angle so that he can avoid beeing seen in the camera.

We can see how contrast YS life with Nana and I can feel his loneliness when he's eating in a huge dining room.Like you said<I also feel so good when the humiliation fall upon LKW in public.Its much better than death but like YS surrogate father said,his action only make him in more dangerous situation.Looking at ep 4,everyone is looking for the 'City Hunter'.With YS experties in network and communication ,its just a piece of cake for him to hack the blue house and entire communication network.I think although LJP(YS surrogate father) does not agree with his method,he will still protect him from any harm.

I think the President already can sense that LJP has return to take revenge on him and his gang.I wonder why he suddenly meet with YS mother.We all know that LJP,YS birth parent and the President was  bestfriend before but I'm curious with his intention meeting with YS mother.I think his reason is to find out whether LJP make any contact with her or not.Do you think YS's mother know that the president is responsible with her husband death?As far as I know LJP only told her that her husband died. 

I'm sure in the upcoming episode...the remaining 4 can't sit still after what has happening to LKW..Even one of them decide to silent/kill LKW to make sure he's not involved in the crime in any way.

Lee Min-ho is the 'post Hyeon Bin' of ads

photo174414.jpg

Actor Lee Min-ho has his eyes on the 'post Kim Joo-won' position.

Lee Min-ho is filling in Kim Joo-won's empty space from "Secret Garden". He is receiving tremendous support and rising up to become the CF market's blue ship with the start of his new drama "City Hunter".

Lee Min-ho signed a contract with Truzen, a men's clothing line. Truzen is actively supporting him providing him with the clothes and outfits he wears in the drama. Fila is also helping him. Lee Min-ho's management says, "Truzen makes about 50 clothes for him to wear. Fila is responsible for the sports wear he has on and other accessories in the drama.

The commercial business is looking for someone new as Hyeon Bin from "Secret Garden" has gone to the army. Lee Min-ho came back after a year and is performing strong actions scenes in the drama adding to his new image and, earning him the nick name CF King. His management says, "Many proposals from various businesses such as drinks, electronics, foods and more. It's only just the beginning so for the time being, he will concentrate on the drama only and look through the offers slowly".

Lee Min-ho has made 800 million won sales of the 1st and 2nd episodes of "City Hunter" and has made himself proud as a commercial model.

Source: http://news.nate.com/view/20110602n02678?mid=e0101 (Korean)

credit: HanCinema

Guest tukyshinee

==  Online Watch CITY HUNTER EP.03 ==

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Online Youtube

As a result, your video is blocked in these  locations

Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, South  Korea, Taiwan

Credit : City Hunter TV

Great episode! I never imagined that his relationship with his "dad" will end up like this. This is exciting, especially because LMH's seems to have a strong personality, so is likely to end up going head to head against his father at some point. :D

Upcoming rock band ‘Yanghwajin’ sings for SBS’s “City Hunter” OST

20110602yanghwajin1.jpg

An upcoming rookie band named ‘Yanghwajin‘ has participated in the OST for SBS’s “City Hunter” ahead of their formal debut.

The group is known for starring in Mnet’s “Legendary Band“, where they went head-to-head against real rock bands like Boohwal and YB. They’ve also been promoting through UCC videos on YouTube, covering songs by senior artists.

Although they’ve yet to debut, their talent is already being widely recognized. Director Oh Jun Sung of “City Hunter” thought they would make a great addition to the drama, and so the boys were enlisted for its OST. They delivered a fast-paced rock track titled “It’s Alright“, and its sure to bring in a lot of fans for the group.

Stay tuned for more updates on this band!

==

< Yanghwajin – It’s Alright (‘City Hunter’ OST) >

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7WiEVDT4-4&feature=player_embedded

by Vitalsign@allkpop

Guest pallycute

can anyone help me :tears: ..

i want episodes with direct links cuz i cant download the torrent ..

Please search in previous pages, you can see many direct links have been posted.

Lee Yoon Sung & Kim Nana :)

o53lft.jpg

source: Park Min Young twitter (@sweetestMY)

Our Lovely Kim Nana (Park Min Young) :)

2ecfcs7.jpg

Click spoiler for more pictures

Please DON'T HOTLINK the pictures :)

108i61t.jpg

35mql5j.jpg

25ryyva.jpg

6if9kj.jpg

2h2dr40.jpg

rt25iu.jpg

source: SBS

Nerd Guy Go Ki Joon (Lee Kwang Soo)