[Movie 2012] R2B: Return to Base 하늘에 산다

Guest adikkeluangman

[Mar-18-2911] Rain does a great job passing the 9G training that gains momentum, which surprises a lot of people.

rain_2.jpg

Rain sitting on the cockpit of F-15K

rain_1.jpg

In the picture, Rain is the third from the left. (actress 'Lee Ha Na' is the first from the left)

On the 18th, National Defense Newspaper released a new picture of top star Rain sitting on the cockpit of combat plane F-15K, updating on the movie 'Red Muffler' shoot.

According to the newspaper, the first shooting of movie Red Muffler took place at a club in Kangnam-gu on the 15th.

In the scene of the movie where Rain got set to team with actor 'Kim Sung Soo', actress 'Lee Ha Na', actor 'Lee Jong Seok', etc, a welcome party was being held for Flight Lieutenant 'Jung Tae Hoon' ('Jung Ji Hoon' or Rain) who had been transferred to a combat wing.

Actress 'Shin Se Kyung', 'Yu Joon Sahng', and 'Jung Kyung Ho' who have any schedule yet, visited the site and encouraged them.

Rain (Jung Ji Hoon) said " I think we've off to a good start because we do agree in tone." and Director 'Kim Dong Won' also expressed, "All of our staff members including all members of the cast will do the best to make a great film."

This movie is about the mortal combat and lives and loves of ROK Air Force's pilots.

Rain and actor 'Lee Jong Seok'. etc. who play combat pilots steering F-15K in the movie, experienced at first hand the difficult process of becoming actual combat pilots, taking special training in air physiological function at Air Force Aerospace Medical Center.

Particularly, since Rain did a great job passing the required 9G training that gains momentum that is hard even for skilled pilots to do, it was said everyone around him was surprised a lot.

Meanwhile, to shoot some crucial scenes at the 11th Air Force Combat Wing for three weeks from the 21st, the Red Muffler team has been screened by the Air Force security service.

Credit to Star News http://news.nate.com/view/20110318n08022

National Defense newspaper http://kookbang.dema.mil.kr/kdd/GisaView.jsp?menuCd=3004&menuSeq=11&menuCnt=30914&writeDate=20110318&kindSeq=3&writeDateChk=20110318

Brief translation by rain bird.

-----------------------------

Rain takes the pilot’s seat in Red Scarf

by javabeans | March 18, 2011

redscarf1.jpg

Filming has begun this week on the South-Korean-fighter-pilots-bombard-the-North blockbuster movie Red Scarf, wherein Rain (Runaway Plan B) goes Top Gun playing the fighter-pilot hero. Shin Se-kyung (High Kick Through the Roof) stars as his love interest.

The first shoots took place on March 15 at a Kangnam club in Seoul, and also featured actors Kim Sung-soo, Lee Hana, and Lee Jong-seok, all pictured below. (It still surprises me how Shin Se-kyung has been able to leapfrog her way over more experienced stars into plum leading roles like this one, and Blue Salt with Song Kang-ho and Chun Jung-myung. Girl has got some effective management, that’s for sure.)

With the exception of Shin, the rest all play pilots, and Rain in particular underwent aviation training at the Air Force Medical Center prior to filming. The production has gained the cooperation of the military, and for the next three weeks, filming will take place at the Air Force’s 11th combat unit.

Rain said, “The cast has great chemistry together. We’re off to a bright start.”

Red Scarf is planning for a November release. No doubt the Rain-goes-to-the-military story will be at its peak, since he’s off to fulfill his service sometime this year, and Red Scarf is (reportedly) his last project. And you know what that means: Get ready for months upon months of “last” photo shoots and interviews before he finally enlists! Let’s see if he can beat out Kim Nam-gil and Hyun Bin in number of “final” endeavors. I’m thinking yes.

redscarf2.jpg

Source:dramabeans

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bbly, good question about this "red scarf" - is it maybe because the red color represents the blood sacrificed by martyrs of the revolution(?) hehehe - don't take me seriously, dear...I do understand why they picked such color but why "scarf", huh? I hope we could get to read the answer to your question in the future. blush.gif

Hi bbly& wilenette, I think red scarf or muffler is the symbol of the Air Force in Korea, which means that when you are wearing a red scarf or muffler in your neck with your uniform, it distinguishes you from the other members of their armed forces or defense department and that you belong to Korea's air force. Maybe the marines or the navy also have their own scarf colors. From the pic, there seems to be an investiture ceremony and the Air Force Chief tied or knotted the red scarf on Rain, a symbol that he is enlisted to the air force, which is the role his character will portray in the movie. :D

Thank you willenette and anjjo! What anjjo said makes perfect sense. But still "Red Scarf" or "Muffler" sounds strange for a movie title. Then I prefer LITS. So far we still have no idea what is the official title of the movie, be it Korean or English.

anjjo, thanks for posting this. Oh, I thought all along the 1st filming day was done last March 10.....I'm getting confused now. Wahhhh.....whatever, at least he started filming already. I know this film will do great. :lol:

Yes, I am very happy too that finally the shooting has started. For now he will be at the air force unit in Daegu and then I am curious where and how the shooting will take place. There will be for sure some green-screen (for special effects) as well.

Thank you willenette and anjjo! What anjjo said makes perfect sense. But still "Red Scarf" or "Muffler" sounds strange for a movie title. Then I prefer LITS. So far we still have no idea what is the official title of the movie, be it Korean or English.

Yes, I am very happy too that finally the shooting has started. For now he will be at the air force unit in Daegu and then I am curious where and how the shooting will take place. There will be for sure some green-screen (for special effects) as well.

bbly, good, that we're on the same opinion here - these 2-titles are really strange for me, too & I prefer LITS more. I hope we would know now since they're starting the filming already about the confirmed title of this movie. :lol:

Was thinking the same: since they are shooting the movie now, they should know now the title of the movie - at least in Korean.

[Mar-22-2011]<Eng.trans>Saw Rain on stand-by to film a movie.

- Posted by 'Kim Hack Seon' (ak2087)-

어제 영화촬영 하려고 대기중인 정지훈(비)를 보았다 썬글라스를 너무 큰걸 껴서 그런지 잘 모르겠더만.. 그래도 짜쉭 하드웨어는 부럽데.. 부러우면 지는건데..

I saw Rain on stand-by to film a movie (Red Muffler) yesterday. His big sunglasses seemed to make him look like someone else. He has a fantastic figure, I am so jealous. As soon as I give my blessing to the fact, I would recognize that I've been beaten.

자기소개 / 사랑하는 한 여자의 남편이자 한 아이의 아빠!! 기아타이거즈 팬이고 야구를 사랑하는 사람.. 항상 뜨거운 사랑을 하려 노력하는 이 시대의 평범한 30대 남자

Introducing himself / 'Kim Hack Seon', just an ordinary man trying to always dream of having a passionate romance, who has his lovely wife, his beautiful kids and is one of fans who love the Kia Tigers, a pro-baseball team.

http://twitter.com/ak2087

English translation by rain bird.

First Looks of RAIN's New Movie "Red Scarf"

Rain_RedScarf.jpg

Here are the first looks of ‘Red Scarf’ featuring its leading role Rain along with his fellow pilot fighters Kim Sung Soo, Lee Ha Na, Yoon Joon Sang, and Lee Jong Suk.

The filming officially began on March 15 at a Kangnam club in Seoul. Rain and Lee Jong Suk reportedly got a seperate training from Air Force Aviation Center prior to filming. With the coorporation given by the military, the filming will take place at the Air Force’s 11th combat unit for the next three weeks.

‘Red Scarf’ is aiming for November release.

RedScarf1.jpg

Source: Newsen, dongdrama

I hope they will do some press conference soon. I also can't wait to see the first official marketings like teasers and posters for the movie.

I hope they will do some press conference soon. I also can't wait to see the first official marketings like teasers and posters for the movie.

bbly, like you, I'm also anticipating all these..... Wondering if during presscon later he'll be in AF uniform, huh? And oh, I'm so excited to see the 1st teaser & of course the poster. Wahhh………the face of the AF….. RAIN in AF uniform….. Don’t you just love a man in uniform? :lol:

bbly, like you, I'm also anticipating all these..... Wondering if during presscon later he'll be in AF uniform, huh? And oh, I'm so excited to see the 1st teaser & of course the poster. Wahhh………the face of the AF….. RAIN in AF uniform….. Don’t you just love a man in uniform? :lol:

To be very honest, I am no fan of war movies and don't find men in uniforms particularly attractive. But when it comes to Rain, everything changes. He makes everything look good! blush.gif

To be very honest, I am no fan of war movies and don't find men in uniforms particularly attractive. But when it comes to Rain, everything changes. He makes everything look good! blush.gif

bbly, you know that we're on the same wave length here about war/action genre.....Besides, it might be so cool watching & looking at RAIN with a uniform most of the time on the screen this time. :lol:

[Mar-24-2011]<Eng.trans> The thing that happened when Rain met the Air Force Chief of Staff. (fromTwitter)

respect0625 체~

비느님ㅋㅋ 레드머플러촬영때문에 타배우들과 같이 참모총장님 만나셨는데 비느님이 참모총장님 어깨에 어깨동무를 해서 비느님 가고 난 후 부대에서 일대 소란이 일어났었데요ㅋㅋㅋ 그 모습을 지켜보던 그들이 보기에는 쇼킹했었나봐요ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ어떡해욬ㅋㅋ

respect0625 pooh~

The cast of movie 'Red Muffler' including Rain met the Air Force Chief of Staff to rerange their schedule to fim the movie.

At that time, it was said Rain put his arm around the chief's shoulders, just conversationally.

After Rain left, that caused the air unit to be thrown into an uproar because it was probably the most shocking thing that had ever happened to the soldiers. That's awful ㅋㅋㅋ

Source : http://twitter.com/respect0625

[Mar-24-2011]<Eng.trans> BTV News_Rain at The Best' press con in Thailand.

- posted by March 22nd, 2011-

My link

-Rain interview part-

3:33~3:49

The reason I've come to visit Thailand which is one of my favorite places, where my fans used to welcome me wamrly when I came, is to give them a new and greater performance.

4:13~4:25

There are two concepts in my concert.

It'll be an eco-friendly concert, and there'll be a laser show.

4:39~5:03

Until recently, I did my 5th album and filmed a drama, 'The Fugitive Plan B'.

Now I've been filming a movie about fighter pilots, and I think moviegoers can expect to see the movie soon.

5:10~5:30

I'll hold a concert at Bangkok's Impact Arena that was often used for the place of my performance.

This show will be more peculiar than in the past, and you can see more upgraded Rain in every respect.

5:43~6:07

My Thai fan club members have supported me a lot since I was rookie of the year.

I always feel so grateful towards them because they've liked my movie, drama, and album very much.

I'd like to give thanks to all of my fans in Thailand for their support through this concert.

6:17

I've offered words of consolation to Japanese earthquake victims, and Korean people have started a drive to raise funds for the earthquake victims.

6:28~

I'll show you the best performance you've ever seen on stage.

Credit to MrPattayanews @

The source provided by scorpiola.

Shin Se Kyung’s past photos prove her unwavering beauty

March 25, 2011

20110324_1300930127_51881700_1.jpg

Actress Shin Se Kyung’s past pictures have become a hot topic of discussion amongst netizens.

Shin Se Kyung, who’s been labeled as ‘innocent glamour’ by the public, revealed that her unique charms were with her even during her younger years.

Her agency had released pictures from her 2004 profile, when she debuted as actress Moon Geun Young’s friend in the movie, “My Little Bride“. At the time, Shin Se Kyung was a 14-year-old middle school student. With her baby fat still intact, Shin Se Kyung youthful beauty definitely promised that she would blossom into a stunning woman.

Netizens praised, “Was Shin Se Kyung sshi this beautiful since she was born?”, “Even as a teenager she had a bewitching charm”, “She just lost her baby fat”, and “She shows consistent growth.”

Shin Se Kyung recently completed filming for her new movie, “Blue Salt“, which co-stars actor Song Kang Ho. She’s since moved onto her next project, ”Red Muffler“, where she works alongside ‘world star‘ Rain.

Source: SeoulNTN via Nate

Fr.:allkpop

Don't you find it very silent around this movie shooting? I thought we will have some pictures or udpated from time to time. You wonder then are they really shooting? Or is a secret shooting? :unsure:

Every day I am coming here, hoping that the production team shows us some new picture or that we have any updated on the shooting, but still it is very silent. blush.gif I guess I really need to learn to be patient.

[Eng Trans]11-04-05 Rain @ twitter

ratoka 2011-04-06

rain-cloud.co.kr

110406021040ec782a23a7ab22.png

These are the pictures that Rain tweeted.

[pic]11-04-05 Rain Red Muffler new pics

ratoka 2011-04-06

rain-cloud.co.kr

source : 29rain @ twitter]

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

*** Hi bbly, maybe by now, you saw already some still cuts from this movie.....Like you, I'm also happy seeing these pictures. I hope we could get to see more as they're on the mid-filming of the film already. :lol:

[Apr-05-2011]<Eng.trans> I get Rain's autograph at Daegu Airport today.

Picture1.jpg

비봣음..................오늘도 대구공항에서

촬영차잇길래 ㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜ

기다리는데 한 3시간?뒤에 이종석이나와서

담배피고 다시들어감 근데 나중에 또 다시나와서

우리한테 싸인해줌 ㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜ

그리고 이종석이랑 얘기하다가

이종석 가고 김성수 아저씨가나옴

그래서 싸인받는데 내친구가소리지르는거임

보니까 비느님이 매니저랑 지나가고있음 ㅜㅜ

그래서 막 오빠 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~꺅꺅꺅ㄲ꺅

ㄱ이러면서달려가서 오빠 저구름임!!!!!!!!!!

이카니까 비가 알앗성알앗성~이러면서 웃고 ㅎㅎ

그래서내가 사진찍을려고하니까 매니저가 막고 ㅡㅡ

그러고 오빠 저 사랑한다고적어주세요카니까

가민아 사랑한다 라고적어줬음 ㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜ

진짜 대박잘생김 ...아미치겟다 비 보자마자 울엇음 ㅜㅜㅜ

Saw Rain at Daegu Airport today. He was there to film a movie.

After about three hours of waiting, actor 'Lee Jong Seok' came out and smoke, and then entered the set again. But he came out again and signed autographs for us.

'Lee Jong Seok' left while talking to us, and then actor 'Kim Sung Soo' came out and signed autographs for us. Just then, my friend screamed, seeing both Rain and his manager walking by.

When I ran forward to welcome Rain and told him, "Oppa! I'm a Cloud fan !", he said to me with a laugh, "Okay, okay.." But his manager didn't allow me to take a picture of him.

I asked Rain to sign his autograph for me by saying, "Oppa, would you please write down your words 'Gamin, I love you' for me?" So he wrote the words for me, "Gamin, I love you'.

He was so good looking..I was absolutely nuts about him, so I cried as soon as I saw him.

Credit to DC http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=rain&no=296289&page=1&bbs=

[Apr-06-2011] Rain's transformation into an Air Force pilot is opened to the public.

201104060917401128_1.jpg

Singer and actor Rain has opened the Red Muffler shooting to the public.

Rain said a few words about filming the movie through his Twitter on the 6th, "It's very fun to film my movie these days..Fighter plane !! Filming a fighter plane movie is a great enjoyment to me for words, but I think it'll be the best movie ever.. This is my first excitement for a long time."

Following, he revealed himself up on the plane by saying, "Let me introduce my F15K to you, the name of which is 'Red Muffler' " The picture shows Rain wearing a pilot suit, sunglasses, and a combat flying wing cap.

Rain has been filming 'Red Muffler (working title) with actress 'Shin Se Kyung'.

Credit to My Daily http://news.nate.com/view/20110406n05114

Thank you Rain! I guess he was fed up with may nagging around and finally posted some pictures. :lol:

Seriously, I wouldn't mind seeing those kind of yummy pictures more often from him. blush.gif

Rain tweets new stills from Red Scarf

by javabeans | April 6, 2011

redscarf3.jpg

Thanks to Rain, we have a few more behind-the-scenes shots from his upcoming fighter-pilot blockbuster movie Red Scarf, in which he stars as a pilot with a team of fighters who carry out a bombardment of Pyongyang, North Korea.

He tweeted the following photos on April 6, with a note declaring that he’s enjoying filming the movie and feeling lots of excitement. With that much fancy military equipment at his disposal, I’m not surprised; he poses here in combat gear, with an F-15 fighter jet. (The main cast has undergone aviation training at air force facilities, and the film is being produced with the cooperation of the military. Hopefully the result of that preparation is a credible portrayal of pilots in flight, or at least entertaining ones a la Top Gun.)

Below, Rain poses with his Full House hyung Kim Sung-soo — don’t they look strapping together? Kim plays another fighter pilot, as do co-stars Yoo Jun-sang, Lee Jong-seok, and Lee Hana. And we can’t leave out rising star Shin Se-kyung, who plays the love interest. We haven’t seen any shots of her in the movie yet, although to be honest I’m not terribly keen on her so that’s not a huge disappointment. Really, a movie like this is all about the fighting and the bromance, right?

Red Scarf began filming in March and plans for a November release.

redscarf4.jpg

redscarf5.jpg

Via Sports Chosun

Rain tweets new stills from Red Scarf

by javabeans | April 6, 2011

*quoted image*

Thanks to Rain, we have a few more behind-the-scenes shots from his upcoming fighter-pilot blockbuster movie Red Scarf, in which he stars as a pilot with a team of fighters who carry out a bombardment of Pyongyang, North Korea.

He tweeted the following photos on April 6, with a note declaring that he’s enjoying filming the movie and feeling lots of excitement. With that much fancy military equipment at his disposal, I’m not surprised; he poses here in combat gear, with an F-15 fighter jet. (The main cast has undergone aviation training at air force facilities, and the film is being produced with the cooperation of the military. Hopefully the result of that preparation is a credible portrayal of pilots in flight, or at least entertaining ones a la Top Gun.)

Below, Rain poses with his Full House hyung Kim Sung-soo — don’t they look strapping together? Kim plays another fighter pilot, as do co-stars Yoo Jun-sang, Lee Jong-seok, and Lee Hana. And we can’t leave out rising star Shin Se-kyung, who plays the love interest. We haven’t seen any shots of her in the movie yet, although to be honest I’m not terribly keen on her so that’s not a huge disappointment. Really, a movie like this is all about the fighting and the bromance, right?

Red Scarf began filming in March and plans for a November release.

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Via Sports Chosun

anjjo, thanks for sharing this. This movie sounds good to me! Wondering who’ll be Lee Hana’s love interest, huh – is it KSS? He is HOT! I love RAIN in or out of flight uniform! About picture with KSS – who’s one is taller? They looked the same to me….. :unsure:

Rain, manly, he could go to Air Force

20110406_1302081265_75739700_1.jpg

RAIN (Jeong Ji-hoon) spoke about his feelings about his movie "The Red Muffler - 2011" (directed by Kim Dong-weon).

On the 6th, Rain put up some pictures and wrote on his Twitter, "I enjoy filming. Fighter planes! I can't express the impression but I feel it's going to be the best Air Force movie...^^. I am excited. I introduce the F15. I will show you the set any chance I get. See you again!"

In the picture, he is wearing military with Boeing sunglasses, looking like a pilot. He also posed in another picture with Kim Sung-soo and they looked even better.

Netizens say, "I can't help looking at it because it's so good. Rain, fighting!", "I thought Rain would be awesome as an Air Force pilot or anything else relating to the military...stop being so awesome! It's hard to keep up!" and more.

Meanwhile, "The Red Muffler - 2011" is an action blockbuster of the Korean Air Force fighters who struggle to keep the skies safe and about their lives. The cast includes, Rain, Kim Sung-soo, Sin Se-kyeong, Yoo Joon-sang, Lee Ha-na, Lee Jong-suk and more.

Source : news.nate.com/view/20... ( Korean )

Translation : Hancinema

anjjo, thanks for sharing this. This movie sounds good to me! Wondering who’ll be Lee Hana’s love interest, huh – is it KSS? He is HOT! I love RAIN in or out of flight uniform! About picture with KSS – who’s one is taller? They looked the same to me….. :unsure:

Maybe there will be 2 love stories, who knows.

And I hope that there won't start a new "height" discussion like with LJJ. :D

But remembering from FH days, KSS is smaller than Rain. ;)

[Apr-11-2011] <Eng.trans> Rain's talk @ Shinhan Bank's celebration on April 9, 2011.

My link

0:02

Your voices are too quiet.

0:07

Do you want me to take off my sunglasses?

0:11

You want it?

0:13

Actually, it's still too early to take my sunglasses.

0:22

Oh, no no..

0:28

Well, try again..One two three !

0:34

Hi, everyone..

0:40

Do you think I look much better than before without my sunglasses?

(the audience : Yeah!!)

0:42

I knew it would be like that.

0:45~0:55

I'm currently filming a movie called 'Red Muffler', and now I'm in the midst of a concert tour.

0:59

Pardon me?

You're saying I look great?

(He flashes a “thumbs-up”)

1:01~1:17

This movie about combat planes seems to be due for release sometime next year.

I think you'll like it.

And..

1:26~1:42

The Asian version of my upcoming music album in multiple languages will be released soon, but I’m going on a two-year business trip in the near future..(He is beating around the bush // He begins his compulsory two-year military service within this year)

1:50~

I'm very honored to meet you despite my busy schedule, and it's a pleasure for me to be here today.

Credit : maggie0625 @Youku //ratoka @ YT

Archived