[Drama 2011] New Tales of the Gisaeng 신기생뎐

Guest fanda4000

Guest kawaiiyuki

Da Mo is maturing fast... ah...hmm... :)

That's a pretty effective line. :D

I wonder if he'll soon be saying...

"I don't know much about women...

Nor do I know much about love...

Please help me... "

:):D:o LOL

Is it?...

"Na neun yeoja edaehae manhi molla

Na neun sarang edaehae manhi molla

Jebar! Dowaju seyo... "

Is the extra emphasis "Jebar" too much?... Is the "seyo... " sufficiently joendemal?... :)

Yes those would be pretty effective lines for dm to say. :wub:

As for the adults man are they getting pretty intense and we're only up to episode 8!! If the head chef and the doctor had a child together and it's not rr I have a feeling it's sr since her name was given by a monk and her dad commented about the mom she misses not being her birth mother. that's why in the beginning we had all those shots of sr and head chef.

If the adults have such dramatic line and events happen to them I can't wait to see what's in store for our love triangle dm-sr-rr. I think we're going to get some pretty dramatic stuff. If this is the type that gets a wedding i see some pretty good objections from dm's dad or mom or grandmother. but since grandmother secretly has lots of power :lol: and if she favors dm and sr getting married that shouldn't be a problem. (Ok getting ahead of myself but hey if sr and dm can daydream, so can i! )

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dramaok

oh the young soondeok and eo san are cuuttee.

e08110213hdtvxvidbarosa.jpge08110213hdtvxvidbarosa.jpg

they did a great job casting. and really glad they didn't have the same actors playing the younger version.

aww man so sad for soondeok..

heartbreaking in the preview.

they got some good middle-aged actors or what?

담백한 사랑 is good, for now. Da-mo explains it right afterward when he says, “Like you want, without any skinship” – you know, chaste, not physical kind of love. But I think what he is proposing is more than platonic relationship, because this has potential as opposed to being permanently platonic.

He explains it further later on in the conversation when she asks him, “Is there a time limit?” (to what he’s proposing) he replies, “If 담백함 turns into passion, then we’ll (cross that bridge when we come to it) …”

is he playing games with her? just to get her to agree to meet him or something? or does he sincerely mean what he's saying. a love with no strings attached? like, for real? that sounds very dangerous and a total impossible task. i don't know what to make of Da Mo's intentions sometimes. hard to read him sometimes. he goes from such an innocent boy to such a calculating wolf.

Can someone explain the preview for episode 9? It seems that the doctor (Ra Ra's father) meets up with Soon Duk (the head chef) and she realizes that he doesn't have their daughter? What did he say when he went home to his parents? Was it about the child he has that he didn't know he had? They were shocked.

Eo San: That child was mine.

parents: WHAT?

Is it?...

"Na neun yeoja edaehae manhi molla

Na neun sarang edaehae manhi molla

Jebar! Dowaju seyo... "

Is the extra emphasis "Jebar" too much?... Is the "seyo... " sufficiently joendemal?... :)

haha no. don't say this to anyone in real life. no one would believe you. i mean Damo ><

--------

is it confirmed that Sa Ran becomes a gisaeng at some point during the drama?

Yippee!  Hooray!  I'm in heaven, now!  :D

ahoxan, mhugh, dramaok, Q_Park are in the house! This means that we're going to get good insight and cultural explanations for this drama.  :D

Not to insult the subs, but, subs can only do so much in providing information.  When the soompi thread has good comments and discussions, for the particular drama, it gives added dimension to the drama and makes it even more worthwhile to watch.

To be honest, I haven't been visiting soompi as much as I used to because I don't need to read the fights by the 'shippers'.  crazy.gif And,  if I read one more, "hes hawt", I'm going to scream.   :angry: Hey, I think he's 'hot', too.  But, the comment is not worth posting ... especially by 12 different people!  LOL  w00t.gif  But, with all of you here, it's worth coming back.  (I've become less tolerant, in my old age.)

I agree that SR has to go into the gisaeng house, in order to move the story forward.  And, I think RR will take advantage of the fact that her (adopted) mother is technically the owner of the gisaeng house, to make things tough for SR.

As for Director Oh, I already feel sorry for her because it's going to devastate her to find out that his love has always been for the Head Chef.  Since all along, she has believed in her own mystique which she was sure the Dr. would not be able to resist.  :(  This is a payback for being presumptuous when she said that the Head Chef won't understand because she's never loved before.  (hah ha)

Also, I'm making bet that we'll get to see RR's mother become a real witch soon.  I suspect that she's insecure about her marital relationship.  She probably feels that her husband (Dr.) has someone else in his heart.   And, she thinks that person is Director Oh.  So, that's why she's so cold to Director Oh.  Even to the point of denying their childhood friendship.  And, if my conjecture that SR is the doctor's daughter with the Head Chef, it will be another reason for RR's adopted mother to show her evilness because she is so insecure about her husband's love and her inability to bear children for him.   ^_^

So, we may have an evil mother-daughter duo going after SR.

Guest kawaiiyuki

is he playing games with her? just to get her to agree to meet him or something? or does he sincerely mean what he's saying. a love with no strings attached? like, for real? that sounds very dangerous and a total impossible task. i don't know what to make of Da Mo's intentions sometimes. hard to read him sometimes. he goes from such an innocent boy to such a calculating wolf.

--------

is it confirmed that Sa Ran becomes a gisaeng at some point during the drama?

ah, is dm an evil wolf? I don't think so. I think he knows that the only way he'd get to learn or start anything with sr is if he takes it slow. Since he knows she's not the type to cling on to him or show any kind of interest in him if he was all 'wolfy' he decided to take the 'let's just be friends first' road. he's hoping she'll see how great he is and they can move to the next step. So i think of now they are in the 'friend' stage.

Nope i don't think it's confirmed that sr becomes a giaseng at some point in the drama but like many fans think- inorder for the drama to really unfold is if sr comes a giaseng or at least takes a job there are soemthing.

Ahh rr's step mom the evil character. I can see that happening. She can be really evil. When head giaseng was talking to her and her hubby-man if looks could kill. Her glare was evil. As we know from episode 3 she can lie with a straight face.

does anyone know why rr was not rasied by her birth mom?

ah, is dm an evil wolf? I don't think so. I think he knows that the only way he'd get to learn or start anything with sr is if he takes it slow. Since he knows she's not the type to cling on to him or show any kind of interest in him if he was all 'wolfy' he decided to take the 'let's just be friends first' road. he's hoping she'll see how great he is and they can move to the next step. So i think of now they are in the 'friend' stage.

Nope i don't think it's confirmed that sr becomes a giaseng at some point in the drama but like many fans think- inorder for the drama to really unfold is if sr comes a giaseng or at least takes a job there are soemthing.

Ahh rr's step mom the evil character. I can see that happening. She can be really evil. When head giaseng was talking to her and her hubby-man if looks could kill. Her glare was evil. As we know from episode 3 she can lie with a straight face.

does anyone know why rr was not rasied by her birth mom?

I agree with you about DM. He's being genuine. Regarding RR, she was conceived out of wedlock, so the grandfather made a deal with RR’s real parents that if they give RR to his oldest son couple who were infertile, then he’ll grant their wish to get married. If RR’s stepmother is evil, then RR’s real mother is not too far behind, because she’s not above using her real daughter to get money from the rich grandfather.

Guest kawaiiyuki

I agree with you about DM. He's being genuine. Regarding RR, she was conceived out of wedlock, so the grandfather made a deal with RR’s real parents that if they give RR to his oldest son couple who were infertile, then he’ll grant their wish to get married. If RR’s stepmother is evil, then RR’s real mother is not too far behind, because she’s not above using her real daughter to get money from the rich grandfather.

Now i feel bad about rr's dad. How did he end up with rr's mom? was he forced into the marriage? What happened between him and head chef since we know he's been inlove with her most of his adult life. So many unanswered questions. i can't wait for next weekend.

I presume, after Eo-san realizes that Soon-deok had their daughter, Soon-deok is going to tell him that it's Ra-ra? Since that's who she thinks is her daughter right now. Argh, this web of not-really-moms-not-really-daughters is getting pretty confusing. What is Eo-san going to think since Ra-ra is actually Hyo-ri and Dong-joon's real daughter? However, my biggest question right now is how in the world Sa-ran ended up in Chul-soo's hands. 

- Kyu

i reallywant to watch this drama with eng subs! does anyone know where to find it:?!

Right now, you can watch it on Viki. We have awesome subbers and they do a great, speedy job.

http://www.viki.com/channels/2238

- Kyu

^^ I don't know why but this link doesn't work, it says that the page's gone. I can't see any of the videos/subs. Maybe it's just me. Too bad I would love to watch the episodes subbed.

Now i feel bad about rr's dad. How did he end up with rr's mom? was he forced into the marriage? What happened between him and head chef since we know he's been inlove with her most of his adult life. So many unanswered questions. i can't wait for next weekend.

Apparently Eo San (Ra Ra's adoptive father/uncle) and Joo Hee (Ra Ra's adoptive mother/aunt) married because of their fathers. It was basically a contract marriage with no love involved.

I really loved the flashbacks of Eo San and Soon Duk from when they were younger. I think it was the actors that really pulled me in. I hope to see more of them. I really want to know why they separated. Was it because of his parents or did they decide that their social gap was too big to overcome? The younger versions of Eo San and Soon Duk sort of remind me of Da Mo and Sa Ran except ES seemed less of a jerk than DM is. Both couples are quiet and reserved. The couple's social statuses are the same. Both the men are from the upper class while the women are lower/middle class. It was love at first sight for them. :) Just like how DM can't keep his eyes off of SR, ES couldn't help but look at SD in the flashback.

From the preview and what dramaok translated, it seems Soon Duk left her child with the Geums but the Geums assumed somebody left a random baby with them and gave the child away not knowing that the child was Eo San's. That's why Eo San and his parents are shocked about the "child."

Guest kawaiiyuki

From the preview and what dramaok translated, it seems Soon Duk left her child with the Geums but the Geums assumed somebody left a random baby with them and gave the child away not knowing that the child was Eo San's. That's why Eo San and his parents are shocked about the "child."

darn plot drama! :lol: In that case i'm going to guess that sr is rr's dad and head chef's baby. Oh that would make rr and sr cousins. so much drama :P !!! I think they also hinted about that when grandfather comments abour sr looking like grandmother when she was younger.

Update: E07 & E08

"New Tales of the Gisaeng (2011) ViKi Softsubs"

Subtitles brought to you by the:...

~ Team Gisaeng @ ViKi.com ~

ViKi Link: http://www.viki.com/channels/2238/posts/5320-new-tales-of-the-gisaeng-2011-viki-softsubs/edit

The softsubs are synced to 720p-HANrel videos.

They should work for any resolution HANrel videos.

The softsub links will be in folders...

MU Folder: "New Tales of the Gisaeng (2011) ViKi Softsubs"

http://www.megaupload.com/?f=AR7PN5W4

MF Folder: "New Tales of the Gisaeng (2011) ViKi Softsubs"

http://www.mediafire.com/?x4b6qe3e6u662

The individual MU links for the softsubs...

SSSNTOTG.E07.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DASWV141

SSSNTOTG.E08.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HBZB60IQ

Softsubs completed this week...

Subtitles brought to you by the:...

~ Team Gisaeng @ ViKi.com ~

^^ I don't know why but this link doesn't work, it says that the page's gone. I can't see any of the videos/subs. Maybe it's just me. Too bad I would love to watch the episodes subbed.

I can view it fine, but I'm a QC, so perhaps it's QC-only? There is always the softsubs that Ahoxan and the wonderful Viki team is providing, though, so all is not lost. :) The drama is getting quite good so it's having a copy you can keep is perfect.

Right now, you can watch it on Viki. We have awesome subbers and they do a great, speedy job.

http://www.viki.com/channels/2238

- Kyu

Additionally you can always download the RAW videos then grab the subtitles (provided by viki - link posted on the first page, first post) and watch the series that way.

I can view it fine, but I'm a QC, so perhaps it's QC-only? There is always the softsubs that Ahoxan and the wonderful Viki team is providing, though, so all is not lost. :) The drama is getting quite good so it's having a copy you can keep is perfect.

A lot of K-Dramas are under licensing restrictions...

... where only QC are able to view them...

... so many channels are providing softsubs as well as streaming subs...

In addition to posting them on ViKi.

We tend to post those softsubs on their respective SOOMPI threads.

Please check the information on Post#1 to see if the softsubs are provided.

Aja-Aja.com and AM-Addiction also have the posted links. :):D:o

NGS8.gifngs81.gif

NTG8avi_002332265.jpgNTG8avi_002350784.jpgNTG8avi_002354187.jpgNTG8avi_002366266.jpgNTG8avi_002382315.jpg

Dang!!! I was dupe, even her had her share of imaginations. I like Damo's suaveness.. Im liking his image/ character. Bad boy looks with pure heart.. And I like his dark aura, I really find it so sexy especially his dark intense stare...

Thanks for the sub Ms. axohan.....

Guest dramaok

um are we sure Damo is genuine? but why won't he want Ra Ra know?

it seems he wants to keep it hush hush and why the villa talk?

im' not so convinced yet. i keep wondering, what does he have to gain from it?

yeah the QC thing is annoying but oh well. at least ahoxan is nice to make and share the subs.

this drama is addictive. in the old-school way.

Guest Trina987

you know tomorrow will be the actor who played him. Tomorrow or today was his birthday... Hrmm... i wonder if the cast will give him a birthday cake... It is too bad that we do not have a bts of the episodes.. i want to know if there are any ngs of the episodes... ^_^ Also, Happy Valentine's Day to everyone.. I hope you have a great Valentine's Day... :wub: :wub: :wub:

Guest k-lover1

First and foremost I want to thank all the people who are kindly contributing to this thread.

Second, I do not know what it is about this drama but after watching the first two episodes I am really liking this drama, I know is going kinda slow but the appeal is in the way the writer is weaving all the different charters and their personal story's, I really like the way Sa-ran kick Da-mo to thee curb in episode 6, I like that even tough she looks very gentle she does have a "Backbone"......

Thirdly, I will make a "Prediction" Right now I do believe that Sa-ran, is Doctor Eo-san and Soon Duk's lost daughter!!!!!!

How do I now this? Well in episode 5@6;

1- In one occasion when Soon Duk goes to the doctors house to spy on Ra-Ra she and Sa-ran they intersect at the train station.

2- when all the girls where at Ra-Ra's house and Grandpa and Grandma showed up Grandma was very curious about who Sa-ran was, on the second time when the girls where at Ra-Ra's house again after they left grandma makes the comment that Sa-ran looks like her when she was young, and how even when Ra-ra was her granddaughter they did not share their looks!!!

Maybe I am reading to much in to it but that is the feeling the I got so far from what I have seen, but I maybe wrong!!!!

Archived