[Drama 2011] Tree with Deep Roots 뿌리깊은나무

Guest yeohweping

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dramaok

Hanbam Night TV entertainment [한밤의 TV연예] clip of Jang Hyuk, Shin Sekyug, and Han Seokgyu.

defaultkd.jpg

btw does anyone have any info on the ost release?

i really love the ending song. i think maybe it's the theme song?

i'm trying to find it everywhere and no luck.

i capture the rolling credits and it looks like the theme song is:

e02111006hdtvh264450pom.jpg[

아이 (i) - 깊은 사랑 (deep love)

i found a clip of "i" singing maybe it's the same singer 김용진 (Kim Yongjin).

but can't find the song for this drama anywhere. -.-

Guest getawayfrom

I watched the first two episodes but i'm so confused about the son (king) and father (great king) relationship. Are they enemy? Seem like the son is king but the father has all the power so it made me confuse as to why he is not the king.

those of us who are jumping on board from Princess' Man, someone at Song Joongki zone at daum made this:

*quoted image*

sorry to cut your post, but this family tree is awesome! :P

am halfway thru ep 1, but am loving it much (im such a sucker for saeguks :P)

just something unrelated, what's with SBS and First Sword of Joseon?! Baek Dong Soo effect? :lol:

Guest dramaok

I watched the first two episodes but i'm so confused about the son (king) and father (great king) relationship. Are they enemy? Seem like the son is king but the father has all the power so it made me confuse as to why he is not the king.

Yes, you're right Yi Do (Sejong) is the reigning King, however his father, the grand King Former, Taejong (Yi Bangwon) abdicated the throne, in my opinion, on purpose to allow time for him to "train" and "protect" his son Sejong's kingship. Taejong himself fought very hard to secure the throne (his father, the first king of Joseon wanted to give the kingship to his other sons, but Taejong thought he deserved it the most and was most fit to rule and he ended up killing his own brothers, brother-in-laws, and a bunch of subjects to get to the throne). I believe Taejong was worried if he died and the throne was passed to Yi Do, he may end up losing the grip and be ousted or be a puppet king to the subjects. Taejong wanted absolute monarchy but he saw that his son was much more benevolent and compassionate and he is pushing him to be more coldhearted more callous, which Taejong deems necessary in order to protect the kingship and also, in his opinion, in order to best rule Joseon.

they are not really enemies but they vary in how they view "Joseon" and their role, as well as the means to get to whatever it is they ultimately want.

I loved, loved episode 2 with the conflict betw king daddy and king son.  When king son threw his sword and then gave the order for MH to protect him, awesome.  The ending had me gripped as well as the king boy is becoming king man.  Good stuff.

I would love to see the king son actor throughout the drama but I know this is not going to happen.

Guest ms.KPOP.LOVE

Hi Everyone,

Tree with deep roots Episode 1 and 2 English Soft-Sub Subtitle are out.

treewithdeeproots.jpg

Tree with deep roots 1-2 English Subtitle can be found Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project:- 

URL:http://www.darksmurf...deep-roots-2011

Please visit the link for more information about the Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project. CTS Project is about FANS helping FANS for FAST SUBTITLE RELEASE! Enjoy!

I read some English subs. It has some mistranslation. :sweatingbullets:

Ma-bang-Jin (Magic Square) is different from Sudoku. Read wiki to understand Magic squre. It's ancient mathematics. In the drama, King Sejong told his father that he solved 3x3 magic squre when he was 11. It was the day his mother's brothers (Min clan) were killed by his father. Sejong was also trying to solve 33x33 magic squre when his wife's father and uncle (Shim clan) were being killed.

Sam-bong is not "3 traitors". It is Jung Do Jeon's pen name, meaning "3 mountains"

Jung Do-jeon (Wikipedia) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeong_Do-jeon

Jeong Do-jeon (korean:정도전, hanja:鄭道傳, 1337(?) or 1342(?) – 1398), also known by the pen name Sambong(삼봉), was the most powerful medieval Korean aristocrat and politician in the early Joseon dynasty. He was also an influential Neo-Confucian ideologue and was the closest supporter and advisor to King Taejo, who founded the Joseon dynasty. After Taejo became the first king of Joseon, he left all state affairs to Jeong Dojeon, making him the most powerful and influential man who shaped 500-year-long Joseon dynasty by laying down its idealogical, institutional, and legal foundations. It is even said by some historians that Jeong Dojeon founded Joseon through Taejo, rather than the other way around.

Conflict with Yi Bangwon

After Joseon was established in 1392, he (Jung Do-jeon) soon collided with Yi Bang-won over the question of choosing the crown prince, future successor to Taejo. Of all princes, Yi Bang-won contributed most to his father's rise to power and expected to be appointed as the crown prince even though he was Taejo's fifth son. However, Jeong Dojeon persuaded Taejo to appoint his young, eight son Yi Bang-seok (Yi Bang-won's half-brother) as the crown prince. Their conflict arose because Jeong saw Joseon as a kingdom led by ministers while the king was to be largely symbolic figure where as Yi Bang-won wanted to establish the absolute monarchy ruled directly by the king. Both sides were well aware of each other's great animosity and were getting ready to strike first. After the sudden death of Queen Sindeok in 1398, while King Taejo was still in mourning for his second wife, Yi Bang-won struck first by raiding the palace and killed Jeong Do-jeon and his supporters as well as Queen Sindeok's two sons including the crown prince in a coup that came to be known as the First Strife of Princes. Taejo, who helplessly watched his favorite sons and ministers being killed by Yi Bang-won's forces, abdicated in disgust and remained angry with Yi Bang-won well after Yi Bang-won became the third king of Joseon, Taejong.

For much of Joseon history, Jeong Dojeon was vilified or ignored despite his contribution to its founding. He was finally rehabilitated in 1865 in recognition of his role in designing Gyeongbokgung (main palace). Earlier Jeongjo published a collection of Jeong Dojeon's writings in 1791. Jeong Dojeon's once-close friend and rival Jeong Mong-ju, who was assassinated by Yi Bang-won for remaining loyal to Goryeo Dynasty, was honored by Yi Bang-won posthumously and was remembered as symbol of loyalty throughout the Joseon dynasty despite being its most determined foe.

Hello everyone.

I'm in charge of the softsubs for the translation done by the Deep Rooted Friends Team over at Viki.

~ A Tree With Deep Roots ~

Viki Softsubs

Subtitles brought to you by the Deep Rooted Friends Team @Viki.com

The softsubs are synched to the 720p HANrel videos but should also work with the other HANrel versions.

Link to the Viki channel: A Tree With Deep Roots

Link to the Softsubs page:

A Tree With Deep Roots Viki Softsubs

treewithdeeprootssmall.jpg

OMG, I'm so loving this drama very rarely a first episode leave you feeling exhausted from total satisfaction. The success is the detail,intelligence and depth that take place in a 45 minute span. It's get more crazy with episode 2 which exceed episode 1 too the point you just want to embrace and enjoy the acting and the dialogue. This drama a one for the record coming out the gate strong and fast, I have too give it to the child actor in this drama (I never seen him before) but his performance has put many adult actor to shame, he remind me of the young actor that played the younger version of the male lead in "Giant" a incredible screen presence. I always said Korean entertainment industry greatest asset are their children actor, they have so much more range in a single character that allow them to use many different emotions and more dialogue which their deliver with such perfections that leave you in awwwwwwwwww of their talent. Enough of my rave ranting, I hope everyone is enjoying this drama as much I me.

Archived