[SUB-UNIT] ♪♬♪ GD & TOP ♪♬♪

leslie_lei

Guest omgshinshin

hanteo or not, you NEVER sell all of your pre-orders (you might over time, but not at the immediate). it's the same thing as in america. albums get certified a certain amount of shipments, but the actual sales are never the same.

200k pre-orders mean the anticipation is EXTREMELY high. and i think this is the 2nd highest pre-orders after JYJ's the beginning.

but thinking about it, what you are saying might be true in korea. taeyang's solar album sold like 30k the first day (and not counting since) and yet i don't see it in the top 10 hanteo albums at all (and they have some albums selling 20k).

I know. You won't exactly sell the amount of pre-orders you get. Sometimes, you will sell more. Like with GD. What I meant with that is that 2NE1 did not only sell 50-60k albums from their 150k preorder. Because they sold 100k in 5 days. it's just that Hanteo only counts album sale bought from their store and does not acknowledge YGeshop sales. Why do you think the YG artists have such low album sales in Hanteo (with the exception of GD's super high album sales regardless of the uncounted YGeshop sales)? Same reason as to why YG does not send his artists to GDA.

Anyways, if GDTOP sells a mere 10-20k on Hanteo, I won't be surprised.

Also, I don't know what to say to JYJ's cause I never was a fan of DBSK or whatever is left of them now.

Exactly. Taeyang's album sales based on Hanteo are so low but if you are to count all the charts that they refuse to count (business will be business), then his sales are extremely high. Just think of his itunes ranking. Seriously.

Anyways, the low number of sales of YG artists in Hanteo? I got over that a long time ago. GDA? I am so over that issue.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seems like kVIPs are still supporting the duo even with all these complaints. Plus the masses anticipating it. And the added bulk of the international fans.

They complain but didnt you know KVIPS did their own promotion for GTOP? that's really something.

and YES! 200K preorders..i really hope all these get to be SOLD. as for the 2NE1 and JYJ album sales im not

keeping tabs of any group/artist aside BB so i wouldnt know. But i think they did well on the number of sales.

GTOP..consider mine SOLD hah!

GDRAGON's PIC is WTF....really WTF ahaha..sometimes i really dont get mah boy.

Guest doublehh03

I know. You won't exactly sell the amount of pre-orders you get. Sometimes, you will sell more. Like with GD. What I meant with that is that 2NE1 did not only sell 50-60k albums from their 150k preorder. Because they sold 100k in 5 days. it's just that Hanteo only counts album sale bought from their store and does not acknowledge YGeshop sales. Why do you think the YG artists have such low album sales in Hanteo (with the exception of GD's super high album sales regardless of the uncounted YGeshop sales)? Same reason as to why YG does not send his artists to GDA.

Anyways, if GDTOP sells a mere 10-20k on Hanteo, I won't be surprised.

Also, I don't know what to say to JYJ's cause I never was a fan of DBSK or whatever is left of them now.

Exactly. Taeyang's album sales based on Hanteo are so low but if you are to count all the charts that they refuse to count (business will be business), then his sales are extremely high. Just think of his itunes ranking. Seriously.

Anyways, the low number of sales of YG artists in Hanteo? I got over that a long time ago. GDA? I am so over that issue.

old big bang albums sales are very high on hanteo and they hold 3 or 4 of the top 5 spots for highest # of albums sold in the first week. the previous 2ne1 album was high on hanteo.

maybe fans now buy albums from other sites that may not contribute to the hanteo sites, so it's understandable.

nevertheless, we should all be impressed with the anticipation for gd/too's album. again, this bodes very well for big bang's album in february.

Guest Michala01

Yea let's not all start blaming hanteo or making up excuses if the album sales are lacklustre. I hate it when other fandoms do it so yeah...

Big Bang and GD have both had stellar sales on hanteo so I don't see why there should be a difference now unless their albums don't sell that much. 

Plus I thought YGE shop did report to hanteo, isn't there a hanteo logo on the site?  

I just can't wait to have the album in my hands. biggrin.gif

Guest toozdae08

I love 2NE1 but I call BS on the 100k in 5 days thing. sorry, but that's just me being real.

And when companies release pre-order information that's just a statement on how much the stores have asked for.

Anyway, I'm very proud of GTOP. The high pre-orders means that interest is pretty high despite some flaws in YG's promotions.

Not going to say anything about YG's promotions since CL10 has said all I've wanted to say.

Guest doublehh03

Yea let's not all start blaming hanteo or making up excuses if the album sales are lacklustre. I hate it when other fandoms do it so yeah...

Big Bang and GD have both had stellar sales on hanteo so I don't see why there should be a difference now unless their albums don't sell that much. 

Plus I thought YGE shop did report to hanteo, isn't there a hanteo logo on the site?  

I just can't wait to have the album in my hands. *quoted image*

and i don't really care for sales b/c quanity does not always equal quality.

big bang and its members will let their music and creativity speak for themselves. if it's good music, the public will like it. that's all there is to it.

Guest omgshinshin

Just.

Tired, really. T_T Whatever helps each of us sleep at night, I guess.

Anyways, I wonder when the MV for Knocking Out will be released? How long do you guys reckon editing will take? I NEED IT NOW.

Also, I am excited for the MNET comeback tomorrow. (bwahahhaha, the lyrics, really. and there will be other idol groups promoting too, right? omg, epic hit. whoever gets angry, is guilty.)

And those scans. WTF GD.

TOP looks better than him in these promos. And coming from me, that's saying something. Good thing his smile makes up for this.

EDIT:

OMG, Bom's hand writing, cute.

ParkBom's handwriting and gummy's too ♥♥♥

[MR Removed] G-Dragon n TOP - Oh Yeah (SBSInk 101219)

aaack CHOI SEUNG HYUN singing is ♥♥♥

gabv.jpg

c: 빅뱅LOVE♡ || bestiz

UPDATE:

2010.12.23 Mcountdown => * 2010 K-POP terminator GD&TOP (Of Bigbang) Track No.1~4 Full version Nonstop Stage

mnet twitter: GD&TOP Special Mcountdown Pre-recorded = 2010.12.22 wed PM 3:00 ( CJ E&M center hall, sang am dong )

Ok..are they performing 4 songs??? including the intro?

MNET GTOP PRERECORDED PERF

tn12930082832109672040.jpg

MNET prerecorded performance can be called a mini concert, they have performed HIGH HIGH,OH YEAH and POKIGAYO

-excerpt from star.mt article

c:bestiz

지드래곤과 탑은 22일 오후 서울 상암동 CJ E&M센터에서 케이블 채널 엠넷 '엠카운트다운' 사전녹화를 갖고 미니콘서트를 방불케 하는 공연을 선보였다.

이날 오후 두 사람은 앨범 트리틀 타이틀곡인 '하이하이'와 '오 예', '뻑이가요' 등 총 3곡의 무대를 펼치며 화려한 컴백 무대를 선보였다.

이번 무대는 '엠카운트다운' 사상 최대 규모의 무대다. 방송 연출을 맡고 있는 김기웅 CP는 머니투데이 스타뉴스에 "지드래곤과 탑의 무대를 위해 4개의 세트가 동원된다"며 "싸이 이후 최대 규모로 컴백 무대가 진행된다"고 전했다

특히 지드래곤은 이번 인트로 무대 세트에 대한 아이디어를 제공하는 등 자신의 첫 유닛 활동에 대한 남다른 애정을 드러내기도 했다.

첫 무대를 마친 지드래곤과 탑은 "빅뱅 활동과는 다른 저희 둘만의 자유분방한 무대를 즐겨달라"며 "무엇보다 신나고 재미있는 활동이 될 것 같다"고 소감을 전했다.

http://star.mt.co.kr/view/stview.php?no=2010122217344864624&type=1&outlink=1

Guest shinhdeplol

G-Dragon and T.O.P feel more free with GD&TOP unit activities

Big Bang’s G-Dragon and T.O.P have revealed their feelings regarding their first unit activities apart from their group.

On December 22nd, G-Dragon and T.O.P had an interview with ‘Money Today Star News‘ prior to the pre-recording of their ‘M! Countdown‘ performance in regards to the duo’s new album.

On this day, they performed their three songs: ‘High High‘, ‘Oh Yeah‘, and ‘Bbeokigayo‘

The duo were in the middle of their stage when they revealed, “These activities are different from those of Big Bang’s, as in they are activities where our strengths are more emphasized. It’s the feeling of taking off clothes that have already been established and being comfortable.”

Continuing on, T.O.P stated, “You will be able to encounter a more free and unrestricted performance from us, and that is something that we two do very well, with a more mature and sharp music. It will be different from that of Big Bang’s and you will hear music that has more diversity. The music that the two of us personally produced with this album will deliver a new kind of feeling as well.”

The director of ‘M! Countdown’, Kim Ki Woong stated, “It took four months to get the set mobilized for G-Dragon and TOP’s performance. Their comeback stage is the largest in scale since Psy’s.”

G-Dragon especially showed affection by providing ideas for the intro’s stage set.

GD&TOP’s first album will be available for purchase from the 24th.

Source: Star News via Nate

Taken from: Allkpop

Guest sakime-yong

are MNET performance of GTOP is tomorrow?.

GTOP HWAITING!

Their next MV looks so cool.

And Im really surprised and happy to see that GTOP has a good response despite that the others think that this album is kinda different to the taste of kpop fans.

I don't know if the majority think about this duo and also their album.

But it so happy to see that HH MV gains 2 million views coz now in Kpop when an artist views a million it is like chicken to some and if you have a lower views than 1million then it is also not that popular or people doesn't have so much thing for that MV.

Well I hope in BB next album their surpass all of the highest sale record haha!

Coz it's weird if they have higher sales in solo activities than in group considering the fact that BB is BIG NAMES.... :P

I really hope their next MV is Knock Out. does somebody confirm this? unlike in BBVIP.net they didn't know what MV is that unlike here i see some posts regarding that. B)

Guest juang_bb

^^^ yes, because dvdheaven sales are counted on hanteo. They buy it locally in korea so it does count. YesAsia i think doesnt coz its considered international sales.

Guest Michala01

The analogy in that article made me laugh laugh.gif 

Anyhow yes buying from DVDHEAVEN counts towards the korean hanteo album chart so buy from there instead if you can. 

Can't wait for tonight biggrin.gif

:w00t:  The pic from pre recording looks awesome! can't wait.

Also its understandable that they will feel more "free" with this album since theirs less pressure and they can experiment a lot more with the tracks without worrying about staying within a certain image or style. Everyone at YG is so supportive. I can feel the love :D I'm sure the album will truly be daebak! 

from MBC site.

imbccom20101223103600.jpg

라프시스 || bestiz|| mbc

CAN someone please share a link for MNET streaming?

MNET COUNTDOWN WILL BE AROUND 6PM KST please use world time converter for your areas.

here are some but i dont know if these would work for everyone.

http://minsarang.wordpress.com/how-to-watch-korean-tv-live/

http://www.livestation.com/account/streams/3663386-mnet_music_korea

http://kpopflash.net/stream/

Archived