Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

These 6 Stereotypes Are Always in High School K-Dramas

These 6 Stereotypes Are Always in High School K-Dramas

When I started watching “Sassy Go Go,” I initially started watching it because I had been craving a high school K-drama for a while. With its ending recently, I can confidently say that the drama satisfied my craving because it was filled with what I would expect from a high school K-drama – youthful splendor, heart, struggles, and dreams. I enjoyed the familiarity, since you can pretty much sum up characters from a high school drama into these categories:

ally ends up working against him.

The Underdog

underdogs

If you are introduced to the characters above, you know what the main character is going to be like. Generally, they are ranked low in the school, have no place within the student body population, and always come with a strength and a weakness. If they’re not smart, they’ll be outgoing and supported by loyal friends, as exemplified by Jung Eun Ji in “Sassy Go Go” and Lee Jong Suk in “School 2013.” If they’re not rich, they’ll be smart and passionate about their purpose, letting nothing get in their way. Some examples of this type of underdog include Kim Yoo Jung in “Angry Mom,” Ku Hye Sun in “Boys Over Flowers,” and Park Shin Hye in “Heirs.” In general, they possess the positive traits that the drama wants to highlight in the end, whether it is loyalty, friendship, or pure kindness.

Then there are the adults in the dramas. They also come in three categories:

The Way-Too-Involved Parents

parentskdrama

This group of parents can actually be both for good and for bad. The best example of a parent doing this for good is undoubtedly Kim Hee Sun in “Angry Mom.” I mean, she pretends to be a high school student to protect her daughter so I don’t know how anyone could top that. I have to commend the writers because they take a stereotypical character and twist it into a fresh, albeit unrealistic, new plot idea. More realistically, we occasionally see the loving parents of the underdog come to school and fight it out with the teachers for their children. On the other hand, there are mothers like Go Soo Hee in “Sassy Go Go” and fathers like Park Young Kyu in “Angry Mom” who actively bribe, blackmail, and threaten teachers and educational heads in order to ensure that they achieve everything they want through their children.

The Corrupted Teacher

corruptedteachers

Then there are two types of teachers: the first type of teachers are the ones that these way-too-involved parents work with. They accept bribes, blackmail students in return, and threaten to expel or fire any who get in their way. These are the teachers who give a bad reputation to teachers everywhere — but usually they end up being arrested or fired. Some examples include Kim Tae Hoon in “Angry Mom” and in Park Hae Mi in “Sassy Go Go.”

The Teachers that are Actually… Teachers

goodteachers

These people are the beacon of light in the darkness that is high school K-drama plots. While all of the other adults are either corrupted or helpless, these teachers use their limited power to try and change the lives of their students. They are always on their students’ side, supporting them through thick and thin. Sometimes they can’t do much; other times they are the students’ savior. They are kind-hearted, genuine people who became teachers because they wanted to influence the future generations positively. Examples include Jang Nara in “School 2013,” Ji Hyun Woo in “Angry Mom,” and Kim Ji Suk and Lee Mi Doin “Sassy Go Go.”

While these are the stereotypical main characters of high school K-dramas, I have been pleasantly surprised recently with how writers have started using them in fresh new ways. New plots, new themes, and new character twists still make future high school K-dramas worth watching. And of course, these weren’t always stereotypical – the classics are classics for a reason. We can always appreciate a good binge of high school K-dramas and all of its tears, laughter, and relatable characters.

201212150945002488079A_1

img_2PS13102100071

I only used five K-dramas in my examples because these were the most memorable high school K-dramas that I have watched. However, there is undoubtedly many more. What are some of your favorites? And your favorite characters? Let us know in the comments!

Also, see Viki’s “Unforgettable School Drama” collection for these high-school dramas and more.

www.soompi.com/2015/11/23/these-6-stereotypes-are-always-in-high-school-k-dramas/

• Like 3

ENTERTAINMENT /  NOV 23, 2015

LEE JONG SUK AND HIS BIGGEST FEAR; ACTOR WANTS TO PROVE HE’S A ‘REAL’ ACTOR!

Lee Jong Suk And His Biggest Fear; Actor Wants To Prove He’s A ‘Real’ Actor!

Lee Jong Suk opened up about his career and how he wanted to show to everyone that he’s  real actor and not just a “rising star.” Read on!

The “Pinocchio” star and Park Shin Hye’s reel lover, Lee Jong Suk, discusses his fame and his biggest fear on his latest magazine interview with Marie Claire.

According to KPop Starz,  Lee had an interview with the magazine and he did not hesitate nto talk about his achievements, his biggest fear and how he wanted people to see him as a real actor and not just a simple rookie.

The site reported that the 26-year-old actor revealed that he wanted to learn from his peers and at the same time, not to have “deteriorating” roles.

Also Read: LEE JONG SUK AND PARK SHIN HYE SPOTTED IN A SWEET WINTER DATE?

Moreover, Lee also admitted that he’s afraid that people will still see him as a “rising star” after filming “I Hear Your Voice” as he wanted to be a real actor.

Lee went on by saying that he wanted to show to everyone that can do it—that he can act any role.

“I can hold the weight of a different role, a character thought to be broken, so I can show my potential as a more dramatic actor,” Lee said.

Adding on, Lee also talked about his awkwardness whenever he’s with strangers. In particular, the actor said that usually, seniors were the ones who wanted to know more about an artist and that they will approach you and welcome you sincerely.

Also Read: LEE JONG SUK AND PARK SHIN HYE SPOTTED TOGETHER ONCE AGAIN!

Lee admitted that he feels comfortable that way but his face never fail to get flush. He continued by saying that when there’s a lot of strangers, there’s one thing he could only think about—he wanted to go out as soon as possible, at any cost!

On the other hand, KDrama Stars previously reported that Lee  recently received his Prime Minister’s award in the last 2015 Korean Popular Culture and Arts Awards alongside with his fellow Hallyu star, Park Shin Hye.

See Lee Jong Suk’s Marie Claire Photos HERE.

Photo Source: Facebook| Lee JongSuk 이종석 WorldWide

Source: http://www.movienewsguide.com/lee-jong-suk-biggest-fear-actor-wants-prove-hes-real-actor/122171

• Like 5

tumblr_ny9snsVodG1sl7awmo1_1280.jpg

Marie Claire Korea Scan-Group photo with staff.

[Eng trans] Completion of pictorial shooting:
Lee Jong Suk, whom for a period of time we missed seeing in drama and movie, has shot this pictorial recently. His blank period is less than a year, but one can really feel his absence, probably because before that he was filling up his filmography so quickly. (Before that, one can often see him on TV in a year, but not this year, and his absence can really be felt). The Lee Jong-suk whom we had missed took great strides walking down the streets in Paris, posing with expert familiarity in front of the camera as usual. 
The staff who had been accompanying him in work also spent this period of time together. In the pictorial, he looked very comfortable, because he and his staff have developed the chemistry of working together like flowing water. And all these can be completed peacefully thanks to Manager Kim Myeong-hee who worked day and night.

Photo Cr: DC
Eng trans: @suk_5608Proofread: @joanna5959

• Like 4

Guest Sandy5959

LOOOOOL @irenetan :lol::lol::lol::lol: I giggle all the time I see those edited pics but the similarity between JS's pose and the gorilla's is indeed the fatal blow for me hahahahahahahahaha :lol::lol::lol::lol: You've totally won this battle :D:D I have to log in to tell u that hahahaha :lol:

Oh my, how can I stop laughing LOOL :lol::lol: 

zsuDmtd.gif

Parents Want Their Children to Look Like  Survey (Actors & Actresses): 

1.YooSeungHo 2. Kim So Hyun, 3. LeeJongSuk 4. Kim Woo Bin with 5.Park Seo Joon

According to a recent survey run by a company specializing in childhood education, Yoo Seung Ho and Suzy were ranked number one for the male star and female star future parents and married individuals want their child to look like with 38.6 percent of 23.7 percent of votes, respectively. 

Other stars in the male category, included Kim Soo Hyun, who ranked second with 23.7 percent of votes, Lee Jong Suk with 11.8 percent, Kim Woo Bin with 10.8 percent and Park Seo Joon with 8.9 percent and Im Si Wan with 5.9 percent of votes. The top five were all, most notably, actors. 

In the female category, Kim Yoo Jung ranked second behind Suzy with 18.8 percent of votes, followed by Park Shin Hye and Park Bo Young with 17.85 percent of votes, EXID′s Hani with 12.85 percent of votes and AOA′s Seolhyun with 8.9 percent of votes. Unlike the male category, the top five females included three girl group members. 

mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/100149/yooseungho-suzy-poll

• Like 2

According to a report from a major childcare education company that came out on November 24, 2040 engaged couples and 404 married couples were asked which celebrities they would want their children to take after.

The overwhelming majority said they would want their sons to take after Yoo Seung Ho, and their daughters to take after Miss A‘s Suzy.  Yoo Seung Ho took first place in the survey with 38.6 percent of the votes, while Suzy took first with 23.7 percent.

Other notable mentions were Kim Soo Hyun (23.7 percent), Lee Jong Suk (11.8 percent), Kim Woo Bin (10.8 percent), Park Seo Joon (8.9 percent), and Im Siwan (5.9 percent) for the boys. For the girls, Kim Yoo Jung (18.8 percent), Park Shin Hye (17.85 percent), Park Bo Young (17.85 percent),EXID‘s Hani (12.8 percent), and AOA‘s Seolhyun (8.9 percent) were the next top contenders.

They were also asked which celebrity couple they most wanted as their in-laws.Sean and Jung Hye Young were the first choice with 35.6 percent of the votes. The other couples in the poll included Choo Sung Hoon and Yano Shiho (30.7 percent), Haha and Byul (13.8 percent), Jang Dong Gun and Ko So Young(10.9 percent), and Ahn Jung Hwan and Lee Hye Won (8.9 percent).

Which star would you want your children to take after? Also, which celebrity couple would you want as your in-laws?

www.soompi.com/2015/11/24/suzy-and-yoo-seung-ho-voted-as-stars-they-want-their-children-to-take-after/

• Like 3

K-Drama Confessional #6: Who is the best kisser in Dramaland?

por Rara Pop en Mar, Nov 24, 2015

b66abf5b-e9e0-4782-a8a5-ce33b81013de.jpg

Welcome back to K-drama Confessional! We’re back with a brand new article topic that we think will be super fun to debate and talk about. This time we’re featuring some more swoon-worthy Korean men who also happen to be amazingly good kissers — or at least we believe them to be based on their drama kiss scenes...unfortunately we don’t have any firsthand knowledge.

So if you’re like us and enjoy rewatching your favorite steamy K-drama kisses over and over again and love debating which sexy Korean hunk is the best kisser, keep on reading! And if you can't get enough sexy Korean men, check out our second K-Drama Confessional, where we talk all about swoon-worthy Korean men!

c5ee3212-358b-4219-a967-b1382957bfee.gif

KD: Oh man, I think our readers are in for a great treat this week! We’re combining two of our favorite things — sexy, swoon-worthy Korean men and K-drama kisses!

Rara: That’s right! In this segment of KDC we will be attempting to figure out who is the best kisser in Dramaland. Although honestly I doubt we’ll ever be able to pick a winner!

KD: Yeah, you are probably right...when have we ever been good at picking an ultimate favorite when it comes to anything K-drama related?

Rara: I guess that’s what happens when you LOVE K-dramas as much as we do!

KD: True!

Rara: I do have a few favorite kissers in mind, though, who could be in the running for the Best Kisser in Dramaland title.

KD: I do as well! Which hunk comes to mind first?

Rara: Speaking of steamy food-related kisses, I can’t help but have Lee Jong Suk pop into my mind! His infamous toast “kiss” will always be ones of my favorites. Now that’s saying something since they didn’t even kiss!

1b77694d-a5f3-48ca-9eb3-02e768ccb767.jpg

KD: Haha you know you are a good kisser when even your non-kisses make this list! Another “non-kiss” 

http://www.dramafever.com/es/news/k-drama-confessional-6-who-is-the-best-kisser-in-dramaland/

• Like 6