Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

class="title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-weight: 400; font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', HelveticaNeue, Arial, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 1.2; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Lee Jong Suk, “I’m very envious of people who are multi-talented”

"During an award ceremony not too long ago, I was shooting the drama right up to the second part of the ceremony when Song Dong Il Sunbae received his "Excellence Actor" Award. So when I saw that, I thought to myself, 'there's no way I can received Top Excellence Actor.' I would be very shy and embarrassed if I was to receive it. Afterwards, when I saw Shin Hye during filming, I said, ‘Ak! It’s Top Excellence Actress Park Shin Hye!’ and acted like I was jealous of her.”

"I’ve thought to myself many times that I want to be able to sing well." Lee Jong Suk confessed, the reason being "During events such as fan meetings, there are many who came to see me and I want to be able to show my fans many things but I can’t. I can only answer questions that they’re curious about and play games. I want to be able to put on song performances but I can’t so I feel apologetic towards my fans."

"I’m very envious of people who are multi-talented. Shin Hye is someone who really does everything well. During her breaks, she would attend flowers arrangement classes, pottery class, water-skiing, she can even dance really well; she really is a multi-talentedfriend. As expected, people like her are destined to be celebrities," he said arousing laughter “Shin Hye is not only eloquent, she is also very smart; during press conference and similar events, I entrust in Shin Hye to handle them. During ‘Doctor Stranger,’ I was relieved to have Park Hae Jin Hyung by my side. Until now, I feel like I could die if I have to be in that situation.”

© full article 

Lee Jong Suk highly praised his co-star Park Shin Hye.."It's very fortunate to be friends with Park Shin Hye, she's a smart friend, while chatting with her, sometimes will unconsciously revealed some inner truth to her~"

Original trans cr. Rainlv小窝:- #李钟硕#对剧中合作的#朴信惠#极力称赞道:很庆幸能和信惠做朋友,是位聪明的朋友.和她聊天时会不自觉地吐露些心里话

Eng.Trans By: Jinjja Wintercherub  

class="single__title entry-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 0.79em; padding: 0px; border: 0px; border-image-source: initial; border-image-slice: initial; border-image-width: initial; border-image-outset: initial; border-image-repeat: initial; outline: 0px; font-weight: normal; font-size: 3.125em; font-family: 'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: inherit; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: white 1px 1px 0px; font-stretch: inherit; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Lee Jong Suk’s closest actress friend revealed to be Baek Jin HeeLee Jong Suk, Baek Jin HeeThis image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge.

During a recent interview with Star News, model-turned-actor Lee Jong Sukrevealed his closest actress friend to be Baek Jin Hee.

The actor said, “I became close friends with Baek Jin Hee after filming MBC’ssitcom ‘High Kick: Revenge of the Short Legged’ together.”

He also commented on the rumors of his relationship with miss A’s Suzy which surfaced last September, “Honestly, Suzy and I don’t even know each other. I was invited to Lee Bo Young and Ji Sung’s newlywed house and people there started to clap and congratulate me for being in a relationship with Suzy, and I remember I was really shocked then.”

Meanwhile, Lee Jong Suk has recently finished filming for the hit SBS dramaPinocchio, which ended on January 15th. He has received strong compliments on playing the successful role of reporter Choi Dal Po, who lived under a different name in the past.

Source: Star News 

http://www.koreaboo.com/news/lee-jong-suks-closest-actress-friend-revealed-baek-jin-hee/ 

[News24 Interview] Un-stoppable rise, actor Lee Jong Suk possesses 'OOO'

Lee Jong Suk's SBS drama 'Pinocchio' ended well on 15 January with a high 13.3% viewership rating. He acted the role of Ki Ha Myung in 'Pinocchio', a reporter in his lone fight for justice. His portrayal of a real, professional reporter and love story with actress Park Shin Hye highlight his multi-faceted charms.

Through his excellent performance in School 2013, I Hear Your Voice, Doctor Stranger and Pinocchio, he achieved high viewership ratings for 4 consecutive dramas. Not only that, with the increase of actors in their 20s taking on lead roles in dramas, Jong Suk was awarded the Best Actor Award by Korean directors, and selected by Chinese showbiz media as the most anticipated Korean actor in 2015. What is the secret to his un-stoppable rise of acting skill and popularity?

On 21 Jan at a cafe in Samcheong-dong, Seoul, we found the answer in the interview with him.

--- How do you feel after Pinocchio ended?
After completing a good drama, I feel healed. I've worked with director Jo Soo-won and writer Park Hye-ryun in 'I Hear Your Voice' (IHYV) and the feeling was great, so I trust them very much. Actually, after completing 'Doctor Stranger' (DS), I had a slump, and through 'Pinocchio' I've been healed.

--- Every drama was popular. The slump doesn't seem to match with Jong Suk who's had a string of successes.
I want to do better, so I experienced a bottle-neck period. When I first started acting, I was happy. But as the lead in DS, I experienced much stress. I thought so long as I did well, there would be no problem with the whole drama, so I wanted very much to do it well. After acting DS, I felt very tired.

--- With greater desire for acting skill, the greater will be the stimulation from other actors in their 20s, right.
I watch almost all the works of actors around my age. In the process of watching, if I see something that I can't perform well and yet another actor did it well, I'll feel inferior. Everyone performs differently but all are good. I like to watch movies and dramas, and watch more of my peers' works. Dramas take into consideration the public's preferences and degree of acceptance, so I often watch popular works such as 'Man from the Stars' and 'Cantabile Tomorrow'.

--- Which actors are more outstanding?
Lee Min Ho's 'Gangnam 1970' is good, one can even feel the masculine presence from the poster. Kim Woobin also has a masculine image, and will become more handsome when he grows older. He can also match other actors well, this is also his strength.

--- This drama is different from your previous ones in that you get to act with other actors around your age.
When four of us gather, we play around and get many NGs. Especially because of Lee Yoo-bi, we laughed a lot. It's my first time working with Yoo-bi. When others are acting, she can become a distraction with her funny antics. But she acts well, and one will think why she isn't a comedian. When acting with peers, we can chat together, and have lunch together if there's time, and we can also act together. It feels good.

--- You get on well with Park Shin Hye in and out of the drama. Do you get on well with actresses?
I have good rapport with Lee Bo-young noona in IHYV and also Park Shin Hye. Their personality is straightforward, so if actresses are pretty, I say they are pretty. If ugly, I will say ugly - very direct expression. I don't care much about how others look at me. I'm more casual with Shin Hye as we're the same age. But one day when Shin Hye went to promote 'The Tailors', one reporter told her to be careful of Lee Jong Suk. My friendly expressions towards Shin Hye seem to have been exaggerated, in future I will be more careful (laughs).

--- We hear that you are very good at 'aegyo' (acting cute). Park Shin Hye is a girl, but her 'aegyo' cannot win yours?
I admit I can 'aegyo" well, especially towards director Jo Soo-won. Don't we think that serious people are cool? Director Jo's decisiveness and leadership ability are really strong, so sometimes I 'aegyo' with him and he feels shy. (laughs) In future if there's a chance to work with the Pinocchio team, I will absolutely agree.

--- You played the role of a reporter in the drama. What do you think of a reporter's life?
It's nothing different from indirectly experiencing a reporter's life, very tiring. Having strict senior-junior relationships, having to meet different types of people. If I really become a reporter, I think I'll be very stressed. Reporting is the hardest. If reporting is done in an amateur way, I think the attention will decline, so I practised very hard. Pronunciation is also very hard, the pitch needs to be increased etc. I prepared a lot from watching real reporting.

--- Pick a senior who has most influence on your acting.
When I was filming 'Doctor Stranger', senior Song Kang-ho sent me a text message "You acted very well, keep it up like this". Already a stressful work, I felt good after receiving the message, and at the same time, I had the thought that I want to do even better.

--- Now you're acknowledged as an actor. Are you satisfied?
Personally, I like the Lee Jong Suk in the drama. When I watch the monitor, I feel detached. I am capable in the drama, but in reality I feel I'm powerless. So I like to live in my works. One thing I want to improve most is my eloquence. I'll feel uneasy in crowded places. In order to promote my works, this is something I have to do. I worked hard at it with no improvement to show, it's a bit depressing.

--- Even so, you're popular as an actor. Are you happy?
In yesterday's interview, I was asked this question too. Later, I asked myself, am I really happy? But I still have doubts. Till now, I still don't have any hobbies or interests, so this year, my goal is to become happy.

--- You're at the age for love. Love is also one way to become happy.
In her award acceptance speech at the SBS Drama Awards 2014, senior Han Ye-seul's expression of love towards her boyfriend was great. Actually, whether in the drama or kissing in front of the media and then expressing everything directly, I feel it's possible. Looking at senior Han Ye-seul, I also want to do that once. Also, when filming IHYV, at Bo-young noona's wedding banquet, I saw that she and senior Ji Sung are happy. I feel like getting married.

--- Your ideal type?
Since my debut, my ideal type has been senior Lee Na-young. Her mysterious manner of speaking is charismatic. When I heard that Woobin and senior Lee Na-young were filming an advertisement, I even asked him to get her autograph for me. When I got her autograph, I understand fans' feeling. Too happy (laughs). But having said so much about senior Lee Na-young, my future girlfriend may not be happy, so in future I have to be more abstract about my ideal type (laughs).

--- When do you want to get married?
My ideal is the kind of life in the drama. I want to get married when I'm still handsome. It's only one year between IHYV and Pinocchio, but I feel my face has changed so much. Now, when I do the facial expressions that I used during IHYV filming, it doesn't feel the same as it did back then. Interesting, and strange.

--- What kind of Lee Jong Suk will we see next time?
Till now, although it's not intentional, I've been favouring dramas. Dramas have more mass appeal. I want to film movies. That kind of men's stories. Something like L.A. Noire or action genre. If there's a work I like, I'll challenge it.

[End] 
Chinese translation: 刘洋 / With JS China (http://www.weibo.com/p/1001603802700071489454)
English translation: Rienne / LeeJongSuk World
Pic edited by: koreeah

[News24 Interview] Un-stoppable rise, actor Lee Jong Suk possesses 'OOO'  Lee Jong Suk's SBS drama 'Pinocchio' ended well on 15 January with a high 13.3% viewership rating. He acted the role of Ki Ha Myung in 'Pinocchio', a reporter in his lone fight for justice. His portrayal of a real, professional reporter and love story with actress Park Shin Hye highlight his multi-faceted charms.  Through his excellent performance in School 2013, I Hear Your Voice, Doctor Stranger and Pinocchio, he achieved high viewership ratings for 4 consecutive dramas. Not only that, with the increase of actors in their 20s taking on lead roles in dramas, Jong Suk was awarded the Best Actor Award by Korean directors, and selected by Chinese showbiz media as the most anticipated Korean actor in 2015. What is the secret to his un-stoppable rise of acting skill and popularity?  On 21 Jan at a cafe in Samcheong-dong, Seoul, we found the answer in the interview with him.  --- How do you feel after Pinocchio ended? After completing a good drama, I feel healed. I've worked with director Jo Soo-won and writer Park Hye-ryun in 'I Hear Your Voice' (IHYV) and the feeling was great, so I trust them very much. Actually, after completing 'Doctor Stranger' (DS), I had a slump, and through 'Pinocchio' I've been healed.  --- Every drama was popular. The slump doesn't seem to match with Jong Suk who's had a string of successes. I want to do better, so I experienced a bottle-neck period. When I first started acting, I was happy. But as the lead in DS,  I experienced much stress. I thought so long as I did well, there would be no problem with the whole drama, so I wanted very much to do it well. After acting DS, I felt very tired.  --- With greater desire for acting skill, the greater will be the stimulation from other actors in their 20s, right. I watch almost all the works of actors around my age. In the process of watching, if I see something that I can't perform well and yet another actor did it well, I'll feel inferior. Everyone performs differently but all are good. I like to watch movies and dramas, and watch more of my peers' works. Dramas take into consideration the public's preferences and degree of acceptance, so I often watch popular works such as 'Man from the Stars' and 'Cantabile Tomorrow'.  --- Which actors are more outstanding? Lee Min Ho's 'Gangnam 1970' is good, one can even feel the masculine presence from the poster. Kim Woobin also has a masculine image, and will become more handsome when he grows older. He can also match other actors well, this is also his strength.  --- This drama is different from your previous ones in that you get to act with other actors around your age. When four of us gather, we play around and get many NGs. Especially because of Lee Yoo-bi, we laughed a lot. It's my first time working with Yoo-bi. When others are acting, she can become a distraction with her funny antics. But she acts well, and one will think why she isn't a comedian. When acting with peers, we can chat together, and have lunch together if there's time, and we can also act together. It feels good.  --- You get on well with Park Shin Hye in and out of the drama. Do you get on well with actresses? I have good rapport with Lee Bo-young noona in IHYV and also Park Shin Hye. Their personality is straightforward, so if actresses are pretty, I say they are pretty. If ugly, I will say ugly - very direct expression. I don't care much about how others look at me. I'm more casual with Shin Hye as we're the same age. But one day when Shin Hye went to promote 'The Tailors', one reporter told her to be careful of Lee Jong Suk. My friendly expressions towards Shin Hye seem to have been exaggerated, in future I will be more careful (laughs).  --- We hear that you are very good at 'aegyo' (acting cute). Park Shin Hye is a girl, but her 'aegyo' cannot win yours? I admit I can 'aegyo" well, especially towards director Jo Soo-won. Don't we think that serious people are cool? Director Jo's decisiveness and leadership ability are really strong, so sometimes I 'aegyo' with him and he feels shy. (laughs) In future if there's a chance to work with the Pinocchio team, I will absolutely agree.  --- You played the role of a reporter in the drama. What do you think of a reporter's life? It's nothing different from indirectly experiencing a reporter's life, very tiring. Having strict senior-junior relationships, having to meet different types of people. If I really become a reporter, I think I'll be very stressed. Reporting is the hardest. If reporting is done in an amateur way, I think the attention will decline, so I practised very hard. Pronunciation is also very hard, the pitch needs to be increased etc. I prepared a lot from watching real reporting.  --- Pick a senior who has most influence on your acting. When I was filming 'Doctor Stranger', senior Song Kang-ho sent me a text message "You acted very well, keep it up like this". Already a stressful work, I felt good after receiving the message, and at the same time, I had the thought that I want to do even better.  --- Now  you're acknowledged as an actor. Are you satisfied? Personally, I like the Lee Jong Suk in the drama. When I watch the monitor, I feel detached. I am capable in the drama, but in reality I feel I'm powerless. So I like to live in my works. One thing I want to improve most is my eloquence. I'll feel uneasy in crowded places. In order to promote my works, this is something I have to do. I worked hard at it with no improvement to show, it's a bit depressing.  --- Even so, you're popular as an actor. Are you happy? In yesterday's interview, I was asked this question too. Later, I asked myself, am I really happy? But I still have doubts. Till now, I still don't have any hobbies or interests, so this year, my goal is to become happy.  --- You're at the age for love. Love is also one way to become happy. In her award acceptance speech at the SBS Drama Awards 2014, senior Han Ye-seul's expression of love towards her boyfriend was great. Actually, whether in the drama or kissing in front of the media and then expressing everything directly, I feel it's possible. Looking at senior Han Ye-seul, I also want to do that once. Also, when filming IHYV, at Bo-young noona's wedding banquet, I saw that she and senior Ji Sung are happy. I feel like getting married.  --- Your ideal type? Since my debut, my ideal type has been senior Lee Na-young. Her mysterious manner of speaking is charismatic. When I heard that Woobin and senior Lee Na-young were filming an advertisement, I even asked him to get her autograph for me. When I got her autograph, I understand fans' feeling. Too happy (laughs). But having said so much about senior Lee Na-young, my future girlfriend may not be happy, so in future I have to be more abstract about my ideal type (laughs).  --- When do you want to get married? My ideal is the kind of life in the drama. I want to get married when I'm still handsome. It's only one year between IHYV and Pinocchio, but I feel my face has changed so much. Now, when I do the facial expressions that I used during IHYV filming, it doesn't feel the same as it did back then. Interesting, and strange.  --- What kind of Lee Jong Suk will we see next time? Till now, although it's not intentional, I've been favouring dramas. Dramas have more mass appeal. I want to film movies. That kind of men's stories. Something like L.A. Noire or action genre. If there's a work I like, I'll challenge it.  [End]  Chinese translation: 刘洋 / With JS China (http://www.weibo.com/p/1001603802700071489454) English translation: Rienne / LeeJongSuk World Pic edited by: koreeah

image :

news1(媒体)

对于这次匹诺曹中你也对同僚演员们有很多撒娇吗的提问,李钟硕回答“撒娇减少了很多”他说“朴信惠比我更严重啊,她本来就超能撒娇,简直不能用语言表达“还说“李侑菲也不是开玩笑的,在朴信惠和李宥菲之间和她俩相比,我还是非常正常的”引起了爆笑。

From news1: Regarding if he did a lot of aegyo to other actors in Pinocchio, Lee Jong Suk replied, "I displayed a lot less of aeygo this time." He said, "Park Shin Hye has a more serious case than I do. She has been really good at doing aegyo, I can't even use words to describe it." He even said, "Lee Yoo Bi isn't a joke either. Between Park Shin Hye and Lee Yoo Bi, I'm comparatively normal." This made others laugh. 

my daily(媒体)

李钟硕特别喜欢赵秀沅导演,即使谈起别的作品结尾总是以表达对赵秀沅导演的尊敬来结束,总之就一切都是赵秀沅导演。李钟硕认为的赵秀沅导演的魔力到底是什么呢?    

问了他如果赵秀沅导演和朴慧莲编剧又找你拍戏,你会接嘛,李钟硕说“无条件ok"回答的简单明了又果断。“当然还想合作,尤其是我真的很喜欢赵导。要是我爸爸就好了,我们也约定了再见面“他天真烂漫的笑着说。

From My Daily: Lee Jong Suk really likes Jo Soo Won PD-nim. He would always relay his utmost respect to PD-nim at the end of all of his productions. Overall, he's always talking about Jo Soo Won PD-nim. What does Lee Jong Suk think is the most special about Jo Soo Won PD-nim?

The reporter asked that if Jo Soo Won PD-nim produced another drama with Park Hye-ryun as the writer and invited him to act in it, would he agree? Lee Jong Suk answered without hesitation, "I will agree to do it, unconditionally." He lit up and said, " Of course, I would love to partner up with them again, especially since I really like PD-nim. If only he could be my dad. We even agreed to meet up."

对于匹诺曹中与同僚演员的合作,他说“我会努力不去ng,但是四个人聚到一起的话,因为太好笑就很难做到,侑菲那孩子太好笑了,没法更搞笑了,一和她对戏我就紧张,怕出ng,但最后还是笑场,我们四个一聚到一块儿就要翻天了,staff们说简直乱套。侑菲每次做完搞笑的表情后还有忍笑的声音,我无法表达,有奇怪的鼻子吹气的声音”问他是否可以和她演爱情喜剧,他说不能,理由是一看她脸就想笑,他笑了半天后又赶紧挽场“是个很可爱的孩子”他突然的夸奖也让记者们爆笑。

Regarding to acting with the others in Pinocchio, he said, " I would try really hard to avoid any NG's but it was hard to do so when the four of us were together because it was just too funny/we just had so much fun. Yoo Bi, that kid, can't be any funnier. Every time I was acting with her, I would get really nervous because I was afraid I would have NG's. In the end, we still ended up laughing anyway. It was hilarious when the four of us were together. Even the staff say it got crazy. I can't even explain the sound Yoo Bi made when she tried to suppress her laughter after doing a funny expression , especially that nose whistling sound she does." The reporter asked if he would be able to act in a romantic comedy with her and he replied no because just looking at her face makes him want to laugh. He laughed for awhile and finally said, "She's a cute kid" which made the reporters laugh.

于是明明是朴信惠还是李宥菲是理想型的提问,李钟硕最后还是说李娜英,一切都是李娜英。

After asking who his ideal type is, they asked Lee Jong Suk who his ideal type is between Park Shin Hye and Lee Yoo Bi. But in the end he still said Lee Na Young, and insisted that it's Lee Na Young. 

对于看起来自带眼线一样的眼睛,他说“一般会在脸特别圆的时候再画一点,我要是胖了,会先从下巴开始长肉,异乡人的时候为了看起来犀利就减了肥,但是我发现在匹诺曹里外貌不怎么重要,所以从匹诺曹中半部开始吃,就胖了”

Regarding to how his eyes naturally look like they're wearing eye liner, he said" Normally I would wear some eyeliner when my face look a little chubby. If I gain weight, you can start seeing it on my chin. In Dr. Stranger, I had to look very sharp so I lost some weight. But I realized that my appearance didn't really matter in Pinocchio, so half way through it, I started eating a lot and got fatter."

从高中就独立的他说自己是“无心的哥哥”“我从出道后,没休息过,如果过节的时候和弟弟妹妹在一起,觉得很尴尬。我明明想和他俩像朋友一样相处,但是距离却更远了,很伤心。尤其是我的妹妹和我真的太不像了,她出去都不说她是李钟硕妹妹。她那么冷淡的性格真怕她嫁不出去(笑)"

Ever since becoming independent in high school, he said he's a "careless oppa." "Ever since I debuted, I haven't rested once. During the holidays when I'm with my younger brother and sister, it would feel very awkward. It's really sad, because I obviously want to be like friends with them, but our distances have gotten bigger. Especially with my sister, who is really different from me. When she goes out, she wouldn't even tell people that she is Lee Jong Suk's sister. Her personality is so cool/cold that I'm afraid she won't be able to get married (laugh).

credit  (aznfantizie) english translation! 

Chinese translations credit to xina5959 weibo

Jongsuk talks about fan service

"팬미팅 할 때 정말 미안해요. 노래를 잘하지 못하니까 뭘 보여줘야 할 지 모르겠어요. ‘명장면 따라 하기’ 이벤트에서 연기하는 건 죽을 거 같아요. 파트너로 (무대에 올라온) 팬도 민망해하는 게 느껴져요. 소통을 고민 중이고 소통하기 위해 인스타그램을 시작했어요. 팬은 점점 늘어나는데 현장 질서 유지를 위해 회사 측에선 팬 서비스를 최소화하라고 하죠. 딜레마예요. 인사 안 해주면 팬들이 서운해하거든요. 편지를 읽어보면 느껴져요."

class="content-title" style="margin: 10px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-weight: 400; font-size: 26px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 1.4em; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: white 1px 1px 0px;"Lee Jong Suk Talks Ideal Type, Dating, and Marriagefitzdarcy January 24, 2015

Source:soompi

Lee Jong Suk Talks Ideal Type, Dating, and MarriageThis image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge.

Actor Lee Jong Suk shared that his ideal type remains actress Lee Na Young. In a recent interview with Star News, when asked about his ideal type, he said, “If I had to pick amongst celebrities, Lee Na Young is the closest to my ideal woman. I chose her previously and she still is my ideal type.” When asked why, he stated, “I really like Lee Na Young’s distinctive talking style. It’s very charming.”

In fact, he is such a fan that he asked his friend Kim Woo Bin to get her autograph. He shared, “As soon as I heard that Kim Woo Bin was shooting a coffee commercial with Lee Na Young, I asked him to get her autograph for me. He did, and I have it. When I received her autograph, I understood the feelings fans have for celebrities.”

When asked about dating and marriage, he shared his thoughts on the subject, saying, “Honestly, I felt empty-hearted since last year and I thought that it would be nice to get married soon. When I saw my I Can Hear Your Voice co-star Lee Bo Young and [her husband] Ji Sung together, they looked very happy. When we were filming, Lee Bo Young would video call Ji Sung and as I watched that, I thought about [getting married].”

Regarding dating, he shared, “If I date in the future, I will probably be open and public about my relationship.”

Lee jong-suk motivated by rival actors

Source:kpopherald

January 25, 2015

(OSEN)
Lee Jong-suk said in a recent interview that he tried to learn from other actors, such as Kim Woo-bin, Kim Soo-hyun and Lee Min-ho. 
Lee Jong-suk, an actor who won the acclaim for his lead role in the SBS drama “Pinocchio,” told a local media outlet that he closely followed of other actors. Lee said he watched most of their dramas and tried to learn from them.

“I was slightly puzzled with the enormous popularity of ‘Pinocchio’ in China. As the drama features the lives of reporters, I didn’t regard it as very exciting,” the 25-year-old heartthrob said.

He added, “I was also surprised it has been viewed 10 billion times on Youku Tudou.”

Lee, however, dodged the question when asked about his advantages over fellow actors, saying “That is a tough question.”

Lee has been catching up with the delayed schedules since the end of the hit series. 

By Hong Hye-jin (honhyejin@herladcorps.com