[Drama 2010] Smile, Dong-hae / Smile Again 웃어라 동해야

Guest fanda4000

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goodness! Just watched Episode 72 on KBS America where KJ finds out Donghae is his son and gets in an accident.  How refreshing to see things actually happening on the show!

And congrats to the show, they officially hit 40% for the first time for Episode 106:

Nationwide: 40.6

Seoul: 40.9

Guest farhah1986

The realization that Anna and Donghae are the rightful heirs to the Hotel is the one thing I am looking forward to. I can live through the rest of the events to see that. Thanks for the updates everyone.

I totally agree with you...the only thing that make me still follow this drama...is to look forward the realization that Anna and Dong Hae as the old couple rightful heir. I couldn't wait to see how they change as soon as they get back their original place in chaebol family.Its not changes in their behaviour as we know that Dong Hae and Anna was kind but the change of other people attitude toward them make me curious.

Guest lj3k99

How are HS and KJ related to grandpa?

The grandpa thinks of HS as his daughter. Family friends that ended up taking care of her i believe after her parents died.

Guest farhah1986

Its so sad..in tomorrow episode preview...it seems that for the sake of HS,Anna get scolded by her own father (of course he didn't know yet Anna her daughter). I couldn't bear to see Anna and Dong Hae suffer again especially by grandpa himself...I know its gonna happen like this...but why should there must be misundestanding between them.Grandpa must be regret with his action latter when he know the truth just like KJ before this. I guess the writer and PD just want to drag this drama longer as the rating goes up now.I'm curious about SW,why she get thrown out from the house?and will she see that photo?I'm sure she's got to see Anna photo when she still with Dong Hae.

Guest lj3k99

I have a feeling that SH will find out first. She will use it to blackmail her way back into the family. Then again she could use that information to blackmail DH? no idea how that will work out though.

I think there's going to be some conflict with the kimchi. K-Jae is trying to get his business going again and HS using the recipe she had the chef steal. Some trouble is about to start.

If HS or SW are the ones who finds out about who Anna is first, then this drama will surely drag on with more of their scheming.

As for KJ I've tried to understand how he felt trapped in a loveless marriage with a mean, self witch for all those years. Finding Anna again gave him some hope. But for him to let the Grandpa bully him into going back without a fight. I don't feel sorry for him. He has no backbone and does not deserve to be with Anna. HS has made Anna out to be a home wrecker in Grandpa's eyes.

I don't know how many more eps. this is going up to but I want to see HS, SW, and DJ be on the receiving end of the heartache and suffering for a change.

I totally agree with you...the only thing that make me still follow this drama...is to look forward the realization that Anna and Dong Hae as the old couple rightful heir. I couldn't wait to see how they change as soon as they get back their original place in chaebol family.Its not changes in their behaviour as we know that Dong Hae and Anna was kind but the change of other people attitude toward them make me curious.

Very well put. I just watched #73 and relish once again SW getting caught doing bad stuff.

Guest farhah1986

I think the old couple just realize that Anna is not like a normal person.... when Dong hae try to find his mother...even the grandma seems attached with Anna.Grandpa must feel guilty with this as he scolded someone who's not able to think like a normal person.I think what make this drama seem addicted because of Dong Hae love and care toward his mother...he never feels burden with his mother condition but always try to make his mom happy.Why SW suddenly pop up out of nowhere!? If not, grandma will know something about Anna background.Its look like KJ has found something about the long lost daughter of the old couple and of course HS does not seem happy with this. I hope KJ can find any clue that can link with Anna.If this progress smoothly with no unnecessary plot, I really hope the truth revealed sooner.

I'm puzzle actually with SW/DJ relationship.What exactly their marriage based on...that make SW trying so hard to make her marriage work and she seems want to be in grandma good graceto save her marriage.What make me scared is that if they really divorced and then DH real identity revealed,SW will try to attached again with DH...by using her good relationship with grandma.

I think Grandpa had an impression of Anna as being a home wrecker based on what HS told him. He had not idea of the mind set of Anna. KJ did not help either with not explaining to Grandpa about Anna. Also I think the Grandmom feels a connection to Anna and she remembered the face of the girl in her dream. Maybe Grandmom will notice how scared Anna got when SW walked in. I hope they don't start again with SW threating Anna. I've had enough of SW and her mother's mistreatment of Anna. Hope the writers don't go down that road again. SW goose is cooked once GP & GM find out about her scheming and lies. Also that she had a 6 year relationship with DH.

When is DJ going to grow up. I'm glad to see that DH is not taking anymore of his threats and not letting him push him around.

I think the old couple just realize that Anna is not like a normal person.... when Dong hae try to find his mother...even the grandma seems attached with Anna.Grandpa must feel guilty with this as he scolded someone who's not able to think like a normal person.I think what make this drama seem addicted because of Dong Hae love and care toward his mother...he never feels burden with his mother condition but always try to make his mom happy.Why SW suddenly pop up out of nowhere!? If not, grandma will know something about Anna background.Its look like KJ has found something about the long lost daughter of the old couple and of course HS does not seem happy with this. I hope KJ can find any clue that can link with Anna.If this progress smoothly with no unnecessary plot, I really hope the truth revealed sooner.

I'm puzzle actually with SW/DJ relationship.What exactly their marriage based on...that make SW trying so hard to make her marriage work and she seems want to be in grandma good graceto save her marriage.What make me scared is that if they really divorced and then DH real identity revealed,SW will try to attached again with DH...by using her good relationship with grandma.

DJ liked SW when her first saw her. She brushed him off a few times until she found out who his mother and father were. She pretended to be this pure innocent person who was not interested in his money or status. DJ fell in love with her but she only wanted to be married into a rich family.  There is no way that DH would be interested in SW again. As for her being close with grandma would not work either, because she was already involed with DH and married DJ and they are brothers. That's a no, no. HS will make sure GM and GP know all the facts about SW.

i seriously cannot stand watching this series...I feel like slapping SW everytime i sees her bcoz she always do her evil face when she did something bad and the ppl around her don't even sees it onces...It is scary indeed@!!!!

Guest farhah1986

I think Grandpa had an impression of Anna as being a home wrecker based on what HS told him. He had not idea of the mind set of Anna. KJ did  not help either with not explaining to Grandpa about Anna. Also I think the Grandmom feels a connection to Anna and she remembered the face of the girl in her dream. Maybe Grandmom will notice  how scared Anna got when SW walked in.  I hope they don't start again with SW threating Anna. I've had enough of SW and her mother's mistreatment of Anna. Hope the writers don't go down that road again. SW goose is cooked once GP & GM find out about her scheming and lies. Also that she had a 6 year relationship with DH.

When is DJ going to grow up. I'm glad to see that DH is not taking anymore of his threats and not letting him push him around.

Either Dong Hae or DJ,SW actually lost both of them because of her greed and scheming,When I think again you were right,how could grandma let SW with DH after she dump him for a 'rich person' for the sake of her future.I guess she's destined to be alone for her whole life.I think after this grandpa will get a clear picture about Anna condition.Anna was not in fault in these as she does not know that KJ married plus with her mental condition how can she make a proper decision. I hope the writer will not recycle the mistreatment toward Anna and Dong Hae in order from them revealed the truth about Anna's family.There's still many plot they can built after Anna and Dong Hae identity revealed.HS must be insecure about her position after the truth revealed,even now she's afraid if the lost daughter suddenly pop out of nowhere.If its only Anna,then its maybe  will not threaten her position in addition with her mental condition how could she manage that hotel..but the problem is that Anna has a healthy,smart and talented son which surely  able to shake her position. I cannot wait what would happen after these as grandma has already attached with Anna and grandpa will get to know Anna true condition.From the preview,its seems that Anna really like the grandma.

Guest farhah1986

Why it always SW who know the truth first...I really hate that this happen like this.She must give her all out to prevent the truth from revealed like before if she want to save her marriage with DJ.Now she know the truth...she must be despise herself for throwing out DH before.Its already a fact that DH hurt soo much because of her and will never comeback to her again.I cannot wait to see next episode...I'm curious about SW action...will she keep quiet and try to prevent Anna from meeting with grandma or tell HS about this.

Guest lj3k99

Serious i totally agree with you. this drama is so predictable. we all knew SH would find out about Anna and the elderly couple first. we had hoped not, but it happened. the drama writers tend to build up the excitement, but rip it off like a band-aid with no climax at times. so i hope this one is done right as it is the last storyline.

Archived