[Drama 2010] Mary Stayed Out All Night / Marry Me, Mary! 매리는 외박중

Guest daily_tofu

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read at GGC facebook that JGS thanked MGY first in his speech.

So I guess, MGY thanked JGS too after that hilarious reaction from him!

Well, with all the sweetness between the two that night, Sumthing more will be good! :rolleyes:

Guest michsann

thanks allygirl for posting the link on the Top Excellence Award.

It's nice to see both MOON GEUN YOUNG & JEON IN HWA together on stage.

Top Excellence Award - MGY & JIH

here's a JGS interview around sept 2009:

11. Do you have a girlfriend? How many relationships have you been in?

"No, although I’d like to. I’ve loved two women in my life. One relationship lasted for about four years and a half, the other lasted about three years. I even dated when I was in high school. My type would be women like Jun In-hwa. I like benevolent and calm women."

source: http://www.allkpop.com/2009/09/jang_geun_suk_answers_12_questions

Transcript of JSG's fan meet dialogue with his fans yesterday. Chinese translation by sukbar on baidu. Translated to English by me. WARNING: do not read if you have heart conditions or high blood pressure.

(There's a whole huge long paragraph during which he more or less repeats his previous comments- that he picked this production because he fell in love with the MG character. Now he realizes he can't be so arrogant (about making decisions) and that besides a good character, you need to make sure it's a good product overall (ie. script).)

Here's the part about Mary:

During filming, there were lots of arguments. Arguments between actors, arguments with KBS, arguments with the screenwriter and also with the director.

During filming, there were many times when I thought, "For this part, I can't film it like this." In this way, the actors lines were changed one by one. Of course, it's not ideal for us to be making up our own lines; but this time, we were facing this type of problem...this kind of dialogue, we...have our own reasons. After seeing episode 15 (Iscript), I was really conflicted. Maybe you guys don't know, but in episode 15, Mu Gyul dies. When I saw the script, I really couldn't accept it. I'm not saying I couldn't play that scene, but I felt it was too....There were only 3 days left and I was still working nonstop to change the script. The actors were doing the same. During ep 16, I went with KJW Hyung to the banquet set up by the fans. Later, episode 16 was completely changed. The morning of of filming, I suggested we use Mu Gyul's car. But the station (KBS) said no. At the end, about one hour beforehand, the finally switched to using Mu Gyul's car for filming. When we filmed it, I thought it was funny. Jung In was thrown out by his dad, where would he get the money, right?

Next, in regards to Mu Gyul and his mom's parts. It became a hopeless situation. (I think he means they wrote it so badly it couldn't really be fixed). Mu Gyul seemed to become really petty. and how could Mom say those kinds of words? With these questions, I went and discussed with my seniors and also the director. We decided to change that woman's (his mom) scenes and even Mary's scenes were changed. While eating the bean paste soup, Mu Gyul thought about the bean paste soup Mary once made for him. In addition, facing this, his emotions exploded. Although his eyes filled with tears, absolutely...

Why does Mom like ice cream-- a grown-up kid? Oh, an adult who's kind of like a kid, a little like that. A young adult? Yes, a young adult. Let's make a comparison between the soup made by the young adult Mother and the soup made by Mary. Mom's soup tastes really bad. Even though eating it is difficult, but the feelings he has for Mary, although he remembers all of it, he can't go back to her side. That's why he forced himself to eat the soup. Based on this (these ideas), I changed the script.

There were many other similar occasions, even though I can't list them all here. From doing all this, I really learned a lot. Through this drama, I really learned a lot, and tried many new things. Because of this, I am not blaming anyone (translator note: don't worry baby, we'll do all the blaming and murdering for you!) Yes, I don't blame anyone. I just think that the respective opinions were different. Even though we all had our own ideas, at that instant and moment, because of the differing opinions, this lead to a very pitiful end product. But it's a something all the actors worked really hard on and learned a lot from.

In a happy life, you may come to different realizations. There are lots of attacks (or setbacks) and unknowns. In truth, I learned this once again through this production of Marry Me Mary. So, I'm not going to do things the way other people want. I'm not going to just do what people have prepared for me. The reason I can't become arrogant is because of these reasons. Actually, there are lots of things I want to say, but most likely there won't be time to say it. There's very little time for us to have a discussion. That's why today, we're having this special get-together. As we say goodbye to this TV series, I wanted to do this (have this fanmeet and talk) for everyone.

What I wanted to do created a lot of changes. In fact in ep 16, there were lots of different occasions. From Geung Young, I accepted/received a lot. KJW Hyung also listened to me say a lot. If there's a chance in the future, take the original script for ep 16 and compare it to the one I made. It would be very interesting to see them side by side.

Guest allygirl

thanks lizzyd for the eng translation..i really cant believe the writer's motive to kill MG character in ep 15..MSOAN is a rom-com drama, not melodrama!!what would have been if MG died in ep 15..i dont dare to imagine..

When Mary received her award and started crying and thanking people (from Cinderella’s sister), JSG jokingly pounded the table and pointed at himself to indicate she should thank him. She didn’t. This is what she said instead: (translated from Baidu Chinese translation at the Mary site):

No matter what the situation or circumstances are, when the production team and actors go through a lot of sufferings together, it improves the path of their relationship. The director works very hard in producing the drama. Lots of unexpected situations and problems occur during filming, but everyone worked very hard to make changes. I believe that by judging a drama based solely on ratings, you’re overlooking the valuable results of the suffering, sacrifices, and creativity that go into producing the drama. Although Marry Me Mary had low ratings, I think that through everyone’s hard effort, we were able to turn in a satisfactory end product. We can say without regrets: “The hard work put in by the production crew, actors, and broadcasters is worthy of recognition.”

translate by lizzyd@Ockoalablog

seem like everyone (cast & crew) went through the worst night mare in their live!!im so sad for them. :tears:

I hope they all move forward and take this drama as stepping stone in their respective career!!

FIGHTING MSOAN CAST & CREW!

Im happy that i had a chance to share my opinions & videos with MSOAN Lovers..

thanks for the support!!

Nw MSOAN end;let us move forward in this new year and pray for the actors to come back with good projects soon!!

Take care MSOAN Lovers!LOVE ALL MSOAN LOVERS!! :wub: :wub:

Edit:

[sUKBAR] 101231 KBS DRAMA AWARDS JANG KEUN SUK CUT [CHI_ENG]

cr SukBaidu Bar

Guest Cara_Sunflower

Congratulations to the MSOAN cast and crew for the Best Korean Drama Award 2010!!!! It was the very close call, Final Knock Out Poll with 52.84% = 94,571 votes!!!! I am so happy for you guys! So proud of you and your hard work!! Love you MG and Mary!!! Chukahe - Chukahamnida!!! Happy New Year present!!!

http://www.koreandrama.org/?p=5818#more-5818

Also, are there any kind soul to post the OST 2?? I am holding my breath and awaits!!!! I cannot wait to hear JKS beautiful voice!!!

Oh man. Why did the writer want MG to die in ep15? If MG dies, then MR will be with JI right. Its really shocking if the original plot is being filmed. People dying in a rom-com? thats so funny. moreover, its the main lead dying.

Anyway, i salute to the casts, they did a great job despite the crappy plot. I cant imagine how tragic it will be if MG to die in ep15! That's the most illogical part IMO. tongue2.gif

HWAITING MSOAN CASTS!!

Having finished this series, I have to say it lost its focus and luster around episode 9, it started with so much promise and just fizzled. It had a strong cast and I am a fan of the actors, but it just seemed so unfair to both guys. Either guy was a catch and both needed her since they had so much baggage, and then to punish the director in the end, by loosing both the girl and the inheritance, just seemed unnecessarily harsh. it seemed more like the writers were expecting a longer series, and perhaps ran out of time for allowing the director to fall in love with the second female lead, which is what they were hinting at in the beginning. I despised MK's mother, she was selfish and never seemed to mature or develop, the same with Mary's father, up till the end he was willing to force his daughter to marry for money instead of love. All in all, the plot was weak, and badly executed. 2.5 to 3 stars.

I'm really so proud of our Holiday Couple!..they have really worked hard filming MSOAN just to make us viewers happy..i love MGY's speech..im glad she was able to say to all of them how much hardwork the cast and crew have done..

another nonsense idea from the writer came out..killing our precious MuGyul???..definitely the writer is an anti MG&MR shipper or one of the haters of GeunGeun Couple tongue2.gif

Guest jus me

wow...kill MG off?! WT(beep). as if the story wasn't bad enough?

i'm glad JGS fought for what he thought and said them. I would love to see what the episode 16 he wrote and what they had originally.

I'm glad the holiday couple ended up together but it could have been a better ending. oh well.

What?????? The writer originally wanted to kill MG's character in ep 15?:o She must really has gone out of her mind!!! What was she thinking? This is a manhwa based romantic comedy...not some soapy melodrama! its bad enuf she wants to married off MR to JI out of pity or helplessness, now we found out she wanted to actually kill off MG so that there's no way MR cud rtn to MG! Boy...this writer must really hates MY & a HUGE fan of JI...or she puprosely wanted to sabotage the drama....thank God those actors went against her wishes & adamant no to go tru with the original script...I think becos they refuse to do episode 15 as she wishes, JGS & the rest amended it at the last minute, she was upset, throw tantrum & left the set...that's why JGS took over rewriting most part of the script with the help of MGY & KJW...I think the last part where SJ threw the script & walk off from the set was their (the actors - JGS, MGY, KJW & KHJ) way of being cynical toward whoever that walk off from their set...ie the writer :P

michsann

here's a JGS interview around sept 2009:

11. Do you have a girlfriend? How many relationships have you been in?

"No, although I’d like to. I’ve loved two women in my life. One relationship lasted for about four years and a half, the other lasted about three years. I even dated when I was in high school. My type would be women like Jun In-hwa. I like benevolent and calm women."

What??? In the 23 years of his life, he has spend 7 1/2 years in 2 realationships? So he must have been in the 1st relationship when he was what? 14 or 15? He did Hwang Jini in 2006 & he claimed when he started filming the drama he just broke off with his gf...so I assume it was his 1st relationship...but I also tot his 1st gf was the NZ girl when he study there...haha...so cute!! No matter its all in the past now....so he likes benevolent & calm women, huh? Doesnt MGY is all that? Benevolent & calm & cute with adorable eyes :D

***okay...okay...am playing cupid here***

165618_140594575997168_114446341945325_255713_6838197_n.jpg

Still cant get over how beautiful they both look together yesterday....

Congratulations to the MSOAN cast and crew for the Best Korean Drama Award 2010!!!! It was the very close call, Final Knock Out Poll with 52.84% = 94,571 votes!!!! I am so happy for you guys! So proud of you and your hard work!! Love you MG and Mary!!!  Chukahe - Chukahamnida!!! Happy New Year present!!!

http://www.koreandra...=5818#more-5818

Also, are there any kind soul to post the OST 2?? I am holding my breath and awaits!!!! I cannot wait to hear JKS beautiful voice!!!

This is where I found a link to download the OST

http://koreandramamusic.blogspot.com/2010/12/mary-stayed-out-all-night.html

On a side note: WTF was the writer thinking to kill off MG? Geez...*head shake*

Guest GeunGeunCouple

Jang Geun Suk revealed "After seeing episode 15 (script), I was really conflicted. Maybe you guys don’t know, but in episode 15, Mu Gyul dies..."

READ FULL STORY HERE: http://geungeuncouple.blogspot.com/2011/01/jang-geun-suk-revealed-after-seeing.html

yes. i just really can't imagine how worst was the writer can be! >_< im just so glad suk came in the way! ^^

Moon Geun Young said on her speech “The hard work put in by the production crew, actors, and broadcasters is worthy of recognition.”

this is so true. and extra kudos to her for delivering it direct to the point yet in a good understandable way...

on the bright side...^^

i would like to congratulate again Jang Geun Suk and Moon Geun Young for winning in most of their nominations. God has just answered my prayer again. Thank you...

MOST OF ALL...

GeunGeunCouple won The Best Couple!

img2289u.jpg

credit: as tagged

i don't care what others say about all the 5 nominees winning for the best couple...the fact that they won only proves that they are a WINNER and they are one of the best couples in Kdrama history! and will always be the best of the best for all of us fans...

you've made us proud again Mr. Jang and Ms. Moon!

Congratulations GeunGeunCouple!

0u05.jpg

credit: as tagged

Both Mu Gyul and Mary are making progress in their respective careers. Mary is working on a film project about young couples and their perceptions of marriage. I'm guessing she either finished school or is in the process. Mu Gyul saves JI Entertainment and Wonderful Day production by releasing a single and also doing lots of publicity stuff for them. It's not expressly stated, but pretty obvious that he's successful. I think he still sings at the playground in Hondae because he enjoys it. (It's silly though because realistically he'd get mobbed. However, if you can "roll down" a FLAT surface, hit your hit on the ONE small rock in the entire field and end up in a coma, then I suppose anything is possible.) Mu Gyul now can afford a heater for the apartment. Mary complains that it's way too hot at their place and she liked it better when it was cold and they cuddled all the time to keep warm. Mu Gyul suggest they break the heater then if that's the case. :wub: As to why they are still at the same place, it's probably because they like it there. MG and Mary are both not the type to run out and buy a huge house when they have money. It's comfortable, it's in an area they like (where he and his band started), and most importantly, they're happy there.

However, I did notice one upgrade. I SWEAR that's a bigger bed in MG's apartment at the end. Anyone else think so?

Thank you very much for your enlightening thought...but have another question

Is it correct, for me to say that they (MG & MR) are living together? Cause I remember one scene in ep 16 MR sewing the cat while watching TV, she's at her own home. So maybe she's back with her old routine going home before 10PM.

and lastly anyone good in making wallpaper, can you please make one (bigger than this size)

%7Boption%7Dhttp://img543.imageshack.us/i/iphonemmm2b.jpg/%7Boption%7D

Thank you very much for your enlightening thought...but have another question

Is it correct, for me to say that they (MG & MR) are living together? Cause I remember one scene in ep 16 MR sewing the cat while watching TV, she's at her own home. So maybe she's back with her old routine going home before 10PM.

They're living together. It's broad daylight when she's at her dad's house, so she probably came home to visit or cook for him. Then she brought the cat she sewed while watching kdrama on tv back to MG's house for him. Then they cuddle and live together. THAT'S EXACTLY HOW IT IS. If anyone tries to burst my bubble, I'm busting out the butter knives again. :ph34r:

Guest heaven85

They're totally living together. Especially since she did ask if it was okay to stay with her Dad so they must be living together. But yes I think the bed is definitely bigger!

They're totally living together. Especially since she did ask if it was okay to stay with her Dad so they must be living together. But yes I think the bed is definitely bigger!

There's a pipe missing in the middle of the room that used to connect to the thing that the pot was sitting on. It's gone at the end. Some people say that the bed is bigger, others say not. If it's bigger, more space to roll around. If it's small still, then they sleep on top of each other. Win-win situation in my book. hahahaha :wub:

Guest 3ButterflyKisses

I absolutely love this drama! Jang Geun Suk is so handsome and his voice is amazing. I love the soundtrack! This is definitely a drama I can watch multiple times. ^.^

Archived