2006 World Cup - 2nd knockout stage

edward1849

Guest clairdeluned

Whoooa I can't believe Brazil lost! I thought they would kick some French butt. But Zidane and the rest of the team did so well today, I think France deserved it.

Though I am bummed that England lost :(

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest RACH___ON

This World Cup has turned out a huge disappointment for me. If Brazil loses to France, I will stop watching entirely.

:o Not watch the Germany game?

i hope argentina beats germany today! so that eventually they can meet brazil >D now THAT would be cool to watch.

Haha, riiight. The finals... :(

ah too bad we won't see argentina vs brazil in the finals

Hmmm in the finals? :tears:

alright..at 12, france and brazil..aww...i think france will lose..but who knows...there might be miracles..

No need to be so pessimistic, really.

Okay I'm done finding all the quotes that pertained to Brazil winning this match.

Edit: I also like the Ricardo quote.

Guest angelZ

i can't believe brazil lost either but they didn't play a great game today so there's not much to say....

but man i can't believe england lost too!!! seems like everyone hates cristiano ronaldo now....lol....but damn....my 2 fave teams out so fast...sigh...

Guest tuttyfruit

aww... too bad brazil lost and got eliminated. i only got to watch like at 45 mins of the 2nd time... but at least brazil wasnt crying and etc but brazil congratulated france and hugged the french players...

brazil lost again to france, like in WC '98... ;[[[[[[[[

Guest Hunnytokki

^

yeah, i was thinking that too. Barthez played well today, and don't get me started on the French Defense line. This is the team I was rooting for after Korea, and I'm so glad they made it. If they play the way they played today, Portugal shouldn't be that big of a problem although the yellow cards are kinda worrying me.

Penalties are always something different from the rest of the game. When you miss two penalties, normally you lose but we were lucky today. I have to say I am not the hero – it is the team. Playing against Brazil in the semi-final would be the biggest moment of my career. - RICARDO

LOL

LOL! Poor him. He'll never experience that big moment...

Atleast in this World Cup. haha.

I don't know about you, but I'm glad brazil lost for a change...

Guest sj22

I don't know about you, but I'm glad brazil lost for a change...

actually a small part of me was too :ph34r:

but still ;)

Guest Hunnytokki

Brazilian players are so friendly. Great sportsmanship, and it was nice to see club players congratulating each other even though they played as rivals today. This game had everything: thrill, rivalry, sportsmanship, not to mention a legend at play. Gets a great big applause from me~ great game from both France and Brazil

Guest tuttyfruit

now i hope portugal wins since the coach is felipao (brazil's last coach in WC '02...)

ahhh pena que o brasil perdeu.... mas espero que o portugal venca esta copa do mundo...

Guest Volts

The way France is playing right, i don't see how Portugal will beat them but anything can happen. France defense is solid, not much errors by them and Zidane is just incredible when he has the ball.

Why Brazil players are friendly with french player, is because they know each other well (most of them play in the same team ^^)

aaaiii~~ i still cant believe France won ^^

J'VOUS AIME LES BLEUS!!!! aaaiiii~~

(i'm disapointed that Domenech dont let Trezeguet play >.< )

Guest keauxz

what are the chances of france & italy for the finals?? well ... at least that's what i'm hoping to see.

That is my prediction as well, France vs Italy.

Guest nGk2M

now i hope portugal wins since the coach is felipao (brazil's last coach in WC '02...)

ahhh pena que o brasil perdeu.... mas espero que o portugal venca esta copa do mundo...

yeah actually i've been cheering for portugal this whole cup.

i was looking foward to seeing portugal vs brazil but oh well.

france vs portugal should be a good game.

that coach must really be something. he shows an example of how the coach really does affect the team :)

Guest angelZ

The way France is playing right, i don't see how Portugal will beat them but anything can happen. France defense is solid, not much errors by them and Zidane is just incredible when he has the ball.

well considering how portugal played....they cheated so much during the england match and if they continue to do that.....

but i have a feeling the final will be germany vs france/....

Guest yoojini

^i agree with the outcome. if that's the case, i have a feeling france will win. they're just...incredible.O_O

oh, gaaaaaaaaaaarsh~~ that does it. i love ricardo. he is so modest in giving his team all the credit when i believe it was solely him, who saved the day. :D and yah, i'm sure many of us wanted to see them play against brazil too, but not this year. :(

i'm not surprised brazil didn't win. they didn't play as well this year as i had hoped they would. plus, they'll be housing the next NEXT WC, so they can win then when it's in their home country.;]

Guest Hunnytokki

wednesday game! can't wait! MADRIDISTAS, FIGO AND OF COURSE ZIDANE!!

I think it'll be italy vs. france too... we'll see

Guest Volts

The fact that France was in trouble early in the tournament which made them play better as the games went on probably help them. Brazil on the other hand, never had to really raise their level of play to beat the teams that they faced.

Guest ailaalliz

I'm seriously depressed now. I'm gonna cry. I can't believe. France played freaking well but Brasil could have done so much better. Parreira picked the wrong team and took too long to let Robinho play and he did a HUGE mistake in let Adriano play. tsk tsk

Zidane is too good. Ronado and Ronaldinho didn't do their bests and Lucio tried so hard... I think he was the best brazilian player in this match. Oh my... I'm too sad... T____T

I think I'll root for Portugal now if I'm still able to watch a soccer match.

Archived