Who goes to school in Jersey or Ny?

Guest Mr.MO

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh man. i remember when i was absolutely DYING to get into stuy. in the end (9th-10th), i didn't make it and spent all my time studying for well..not getting in :( (I made it into tech and was eligible for bronx but didnt register)

I still love Stuy! Hahahaha. I'm the worst delegate of my school.(which i won't say :)) :P

Guest knickstorm

^

we got in by studying..?

and no, not all asians are smart. not in stuy, not anywhere.

stereotypes should go die, because they're stupid, not true, and whoever makes them up should fall in a hole. literally.

and you know whats funnier? when studying for the shsat most people choose stuy as their goal, and after not getting in, they don't shut up about how stuy is full of nerdy asians and everyone is ugly.

anyway i'm just saying don't stereotype in general and stuy has all different kinds of people just like any other school.

not trying to stereotype but when i was in hs couple years ago, i've never seen so many kids complain like babies about their 1400+ sat score than stuy kids(1600 was full score back then). Plus everyone's so cut throat, that's why i say to go to Bronx, competetive but we aint gonna start slashing each other and backstab over grades.

Brooklyn Technical High School

-_____-

THE WORST SCHOOL EVER! (sorry to people who disagree, but i really dislike it)

the school itself sucks.

but some of the teachers are really good ( alot of the best ones left though)

and the only thing good are the people u meet there.

Guest angelzstar

Stuyvesant High School :)

THE ID CARDS ARE FREAKING YELLOW THIS YEAR >.<

Not just any yellow. It's the blinding yellow you can see over a mile away D:

And I absolutely hate stuy stereotypes. Cause theyre, well, not true.

I KNOW RIGHT! WHen I returned to school on Mon, I was like wtf......but my friend was like it was either orange or yellow since they used most of the color......well, compared to a blinding orange, blinding yellow is better, I guess -_-

Stuy is getting easier to get into also....I heeard that they accepted quite amount of people this year...I remembered three years ago, you needed like 580 in order to get in? but anyways, .hahaha....so many freshmen this year......I feel old now -_-

Guest IM TOKKI

Yeah, you get assigned a new locker each year (not that many people use their assigned ones). I used my assigned locker last year, though, since it was located in the asian/soph bar. There were a lot of lock clippings there since everyone took one right when school started.

And no, I'm pretty dumb too :phew:

Okay I MUST know you then. I don't remember an asian tony bar guy though...are you asian???

^ i live like 10 minutes away from saint francis prep.

i used to go to the middle school near there, m.s. 74

right now i go to stuyvesant h.s.

you guys must really hate this school for some wierd reason.

I live near st francis too!! i wonder if i know you =)

Gosh, i love meeting stuy kids on soompi.

Guest sweet_pai

Everytime I go over to my friend's place which is in tribeca I see the large herd of stuy kids who really fit those stereotypes....

Anyone from CityTech in Brooklyn? Place kinda sucks I wanna transfer...

• 1 month later...
Guest Chrissymaru

the school itself sucks.

but some of the teachers are really good ( alot of the best ones left though)

and the only thing good are the people u meet there.

I'm a sophmore at Stuyvesant and I heard from one of my tech friends, that the new principal at tech is trying to turn the school into Stuy =/ Is that true?

Guest chibifry

I'm a sophmore at Stuyvesant and I heard from one of my tech friends, that the new principal at tech is trying to turn the school into Stuy =/ Is that true?

No, the principal is just making huge changes throughout the school because everyone at Tech is pretty much sick of being thought of as the "lower tier specialized high school" when the student body at Tech is just as amazing as those in other specialized high schools.

Whoever your Tech friend is.. he or she is clearly unaware of what is going on and is probably an ignorant underclassman.

I know tons of people who don't like Tech and bash the school for whatever reason. However if theres anything that the school agrees upon, its that the student body consists of the most down-to-earth people out of the three schools (Bronx, Stuy, Tech). There is a good mix of academic integrity and social skills that make the students at Tech appealing. At the other schools, competition and academics rule above all which creates a negative environment.

Guest IM TOKKI

^ stuy isn't as competitive as people make it sound. well maybe its because of the people i'm around, but we're pretty relaxed. Sure, we work, but academics and competition doesn't eat up our lives. The environment here isn't negative...we're pretty nice to each other. A lot of groups but thats natural everywhere.

Every SHS has its own stereotype thats obviously off. sighhh

Guest angelzstar

^ stuy isn't as competitive as people make it sound. well maybe its because of the people i'm around, but we're pretty relaxed. Sure, we work, but academics and competition doesn't eat up our lives. The environment here isn't negative...we're pretty nice to each other. A lot of groups but thats natural everywhere.

Every SHS has its own stereotype thats obviously off. sighhh

i agree....it's not competitive.....it's just the teachers giving out too much hws and tests -_- I love Stuy.....i really don't want to leave after this year T.T

Stuy ppl are SO FRIENDLY......*sniff sniff* i really do feel old...............seeing all those new freshmen....

Archived