Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

Guest septmoon16

Did You Leave Your Casserole In the Oven Burnt To Crisp While Admiring How He Eats?

Have You Been Making Your Boss Mad But Ignore Her and Stare at His Screencaps?

Do You Have Difficulty With Your Exam But

Know Every Thing and Inch About The Man?

countdowngilroswwl.jpg

Joo Won’s eNews Interview on 20th November

Credit: thenokku13

thank you, bird!

(my comments in bracket)

Nation’s maknae, Joo Won

3 years ago he was the young star who appeared in Baker King Kim Tak Gu

His looks are similar to Kang Dong Won and TOP

Nothing like a new comer, his courageous acting skills attracted the attention of viewers.

He even stole the heart of the one and only Uee.

Debuting only 3 years ago, Joo Won has already taken on lead roles.

Now, he is the man who has captured the hearts of Korean women (not just Korea, my dear)

Let us meet the best romantic guy, the charismatic handsome man Joo Won!

MC: Why are we here at Cheorwon?

JW: When I have rest time, I often come here.

MC: Oh, really?

JW: Ehn, the scenery here is very good

MC: I heard this hotel is owned by the President? (of Sim Entertainment?)

JW: So that’s why I come here even more often, haha

MC: Recently, you have completed the filming of Bridal Mask.

JW: Through Bridal Mask, you have earned the titles like the Nation’s actor, the ratings maker.

MC: Looks like you had a lot of stress.

JW: If I am really the nation’s actor, then I won’t feel the stress. But I am not truly the nation’s actor and it was not because of my being in the drama that the ratings was good. So the feeling of burden was heavy and I was also worried.

MC: I heard that Joo Won has a method of relieving stress?

JW: It’s totally uninteresting, a simple method…

MC: What is the method?

JW: Drinking coffee

MC: That’s really boring. Drinking, dancing, clubbing, aren’t these the things?

JW: I can’t drink. My body cannot take to it. So I start and end each day with a cup of coffee.

We prepared a special Drip coffee for Joo Won who cannot live without his cuppa.

MC: Let’s drink

JW: It’s very nice

MC: The way you drink also seem different.

JW: It’s the same…

MC: Take another sip and let’ see. You seem to have “tsk”

JW drinks again

MC: It’s really seems different

JW: Ah, is it?

MC: So, a CF model(for coffee) is really different.

MC: Do you know there is a psychological test for coffee drinkers? You have not been tested before, have you?

JW: I have not heard

MC: I prepared it. The innermost of one’s heart – “The Coffee Psychological Test”

Let’s start: Instant Coffee, Expresso, Americano, Café Latte and Machiatto. Which of these you prefer?

JW: Americano

MC: Oh..Joo Won-ssi likes Americano

JW: A bitter man(or astringent) man?

MC: An economical man?

JW laughs: An economical man…

MC reads answer: Joo Won ssi who likes Americano has the ability to lead and is a realist. You treat other’s problems like they are your own, you are the loyal type.

Also, you have many love experiences…

JW: Oh..yes..

MC: You are admitting to it? Are you the love expert?

JW: Fashionable people seems to mostly like Americano (clever Cutie)

MC: Seems like you have been in many relationships?

JW: Not many…I had 2.

MC: You are really lying…

JW laughs: lying…? MC: lying…

MC: What is the reason?

JW: My personality is exceptionally dull. When I was young, I had many thoughts of expressing myself. But on the contrary, after I have grown up, I couldn’t.

MC: Now, is there anyone new?

JW: Now there isn’t

MC: You really know how to dodge.

JW: But I don’t like reckless love…I like the relationship to last for a long time.

So, I will observe if this person is really suitable for me.

They show clip of Joo Won crying on “Win Win”

Captions on the screen:

Confession of a painful breakup, tears flowed from Joo Won.

Unable to protect his love, a man who has painful memories.

Cut to present interview-caption: In midst of filming, suddenly tears brimmed in Joo Won’s eyes…

A man who becomes small(weak) in face of love.

JW: Something got into my eyes.

MC: Eyes…Let me help and blow.

121120_tvnenews_4050454041504510410041E0

MC blows into Joo Won’s eyes. Resumes interview..

MC: Because the drama left you with a lot of feelings, it seems like it is not easy to let go.

JW: This production, Bridal Mask, there is really a heavy burden. Why? Because the production costs over 10 Billion Won. I really gave my utmost best and at the end, I was very exhausted. I also didn’t have much time to sleep. I only slept when I was filming 1N2D.

MC: Ah..it should be difficult filming 1N2D…

JW: But that’s when I had time to sleep.

Cut to 1N2D clip of Joo Won sleeping on Kim Seung Woo’s chest. Caption: So that’ why you were like this?

JW: In the end because I over concentrated, I started to become fatigued.

MC: All your works have been very successful. From Baker King to Ojakgyo Brothers to Bridal Mask.

Which one do you like most?

JW: It’s very hard to choose ah….towards Baker King and Ojakgyo Brothers, I was very unwilling to let go..

MC: Ah…I know….you are saying you like Bridal Mask most.

Caption: Sorry, Baker King and Ojakgyo Brothers!

MC: Recently, you must have made a lot of money.

JW: Ehn..recently my income increased quite a lot. (laughs) But I didn’t spend it, I handed it all to my parents to manage.

MC: All?

JW: Yes…

MC: I really wish I had a son like this

JW: Every month, I take pocket money of 700,000 Won from my parents. I need more money when we gather for 1N2D meals. Every time after we finished filming, we’ll gather together for a meal. Because I am the maknae, hyungs will always say “Let’s order cold noodles”

MC: I seem to be a spendthrift. Joo Won only spends 700,000 Won. What am I, to spend money so recklessly?

MC: Now, watching this show on TV, all those celebrities who spend more than 700,000 Won, please reflect on yourself.

MC: What else will you give your parents?

JW: I won’t buy it myself. Recently, my mom said our home needs a kimchi fridge. So I said: “Oh? We do? Then just buy it.” I’ll let my mom use it(money) whenever she needs it.

MC pretends to be the JW’s mom: Joo Won ah..this fur coat I will keep well.

JW laughs: If mom needs it…

MC: Filial son ah…filial son

MC: But I heard that previously before you became famous, you borrowed money from your fans? And also taxi fare…5000 Won.

JW: Yes, it happened before. During my musical theatre days, my income over 8 months was only 2 million Won. After you take away public bus fare and meals, I had hardly any leftover. Sometimes when I go for group gatherings and meals, there are no more public bus running and I could not return home. So there were fans who gave me money for food and also for taxi fare.

MC pretends to be a fan: “Oppa, I am your fan..” then he acts out putting the cash into Joo Won’s pocket.

JW: So I will think “Should I take it?”

MC: Then did you return it?

JW: I don’t quite remember.

MC laughs and pushes his shoulder in a playful manner.

JW faces the camera: To those who help me when I was young. I am really very thankful to all of you. I will use this strength and work harder. One of these days, I will reciprocate to you all.”

MC: Now, it’s getting a bit cold? Looks like we have to move, you are a flower boy(handsome) actor after all.

JW laughs...both stand up and Joo Won takes another sip from his coffee mug: “Do I bring it along?”

MC: Aahh…It’s really nice to be indoors.

MC: Joo Won-ssi also wears socks ah. Very cute socks. Joo Won laughs and wriggle his feet.

MC: Also, there is something we must definitely ask-1N2D. In the beginning, it must be very difficult?

JW: It was always so. It’s my first time appearing in a variety show, it was difficult.

In winter last year, they added new people to the cast of 1N2D 2nd season. Although in the beginning, it was embarrassing, Joo Won gradually displayed the raw ability of the maknae. With fiery passion on the inside, Joo Won is the most outstanding man in current time.

MC: Recently Uhm Tae Woon announced news of his marriage, did you know about it?

JW: Ehn..I knew about  it

MC: How do you feel?

JW: Especially good. I wish him well that he now has a family. And hyung seems to be exceptionally happy so it’s very good. On the other hand, I also think :“Hyung is also getting married ah” I am a little reluctant but still very happy.

MC: If you are in a relationship, will you make it known or keep it a secret?

JW: I will not announce it.

MC: So now, whether you are in a relationship or not, we won’t know, right?

JW: Now, there could be a possibility (Cutie! Are you teasing?!?!)

MC: OOhhhh! Caption : So Cool!

JW: I will not publicize it…

MC: Then, no one will know?

JW: I won’t let any one know.

MC: Why not publicize it?

JW: I feel that it will not very convenient…also if my loved one is an actress, I don’t think I can watch her kiss other people.

MC: Ah..during filming

JW: Ehnn…during acting , I don’t think I can watch.

MC: You won’t feel good, your girlfriend kissing another person.

MC: But during Baker King, did you especially like Eugene? (did you have to pick her? No that I think any thing is going on but it will be more interesting with either one of the other 2)

JW: I was  total fan, didn’t we have photos then? I would buy noona’s photo and stick it on my school desk. I was crazy about her.

MC: There was a kiss scene,right?

JW: It was the type where the girl was unwilling and I got slapped.

MC: If you have another chance with Eugene…

JW: I really wished

MC: Kiss scene?

JW: Huh? (is the MC mad? She is married, isn’t she?)

MC: Now, I am reading out Joo Won’s ideal type: A girl who treats her elders well, Her personality and appearance are in line. A beautiful back. A girl with a tummy!?(laughs). What do you mean by the personality and the outward appearance are in line?

JW: It seems hard to put it across accurately. It’s like when you see her face, you will think what kind of person she is. Aren’t there girls whose face and personality don’t match? (don’t worry we understand you perfectly)

MC: Those girls who are the reverse…

JW: Ehn…I don’t like. I like an ordinary girl.

MC: Also a beautiful back, a girl with a tummy? that’s really funny

JW: When acting in musicals, don’t the girls have to wear gowns?(sorry translation is vague here). When girl has a beautiful back, it looks really wonderful. Very special.

MC laughs.

MC: Today I did not come empty handed to meet Joo Won

JW: Is there something else besides coffee?

MC: There is…

JW: I am worried..Because of 1N2D, I often get suspicious.

MC: We felt pained when we watched 1N2D…

A female staff runs out to give Joo Won the pink pillow. (I feel her excitement seeing how she runs on tiptoe towards him).

Chinese subtitles ends here.

Interview ends with this:

MC: What type of actor do you wish to become?

JW: An actor who is full of compassion (In Chinese and I guess in Korean too, this word literally translates to an actor who is full of human smell. That’s why the MC is smelling him)

121120_tvnenews_4050454041504510410041E0

Not a celebrity or a star, full of compassion and love for his fellow men. Also in everyday life. At the end of it, still possessing the compassionate touch. Rather than being a good actor, I wish more to be a hardworking actor.

Joo Won’s message to viewers:

eNews’s viewers

I am resting after Bridal Mask was completed.

Next week, I will begin filming the Secret Battle of Man & Woman (7th Level Civil Servant) drama.

Please look forward to it

I will bring a new look and beautiful acting skills to meet everyone again.

Thank you~~please be happy.

Chinese subtitles and translation: minidadalove from Joo Won Bar on Baidu

English translation: mrdimples@soompi

Source: 글루미

Guest septmoon16

mrdimples said:

MC: What type of actor do you wish to become?

JW: An actor who is full of humanity (In Chinese and I guess in Korean too, this word literally translates to an actor who is full of human smell. That’s why the MC is smelling him)

Not a celebrity or a star, full of love for humanity. Also in everyday life. At the end of it, still possessing the human touch. Rather than being a good actor, I wish more to be a hardworking actor.

Guest ellipse

mrdimples

wrote:

»

[list]

[*]

MC: If you are in a relationship, will you make it known or keep it a secret?

JW: I will not announce it.

MC: So now, whether you are in a relationship or not, we won’t know, right?

JW: Now, there could be a possibility (Cutie! Are you teasing?!?!)

MC: OOhhhh! Caption : So Cool!

JW: I will not publicize it…

MC: Then, no one will know?

JW: I won’t let any one know.

MC: Why not publicize it?

JW: I feel that it will not very convenient…also if my loved one is an actress, I don’t think I can watch her kiss other people.

MC: Ah..during filming

JW: Ehnn…during acting , I don’t think I can watch.

MC: You won’t feel good, your girlfriend kissing another person.

Source: 글루미

@ellipse could you please edit your post?
Did you want to comment on my post? This is a very long post so I think it is better if you can just cut out the part which you wish to refer to instead of quoting the entire thing. Maybe you could see what septmoon did in hers as an example. 

Guest jsubmarine

Mr Dimples,
About this..... about being a "Humane" actor....?
Everytime it comes up.....the term seems vague....
What was the chinese translated as?

As for Joo Won in Win Win.....he should appear 2 weeks from now on Tuesdays 10.10pm KBS World...Singapore.Last nite was Kim Janghoon....

OH!........Septmom....
You do know us well..........corporate datelines....forgotten...I felt I am a zombie....these days...Could not see anything beyond the K drama haze ....

Guest nazalin

coolreborn said: @nazalin, Welcome to the thread dear. May I ask what category you belong, Moat, Garden or Rockies? :D

If you can help in spreading the news about the voting in EMN award, please do. I posted it in my tumblr but of course, if you can campaign in facebook and twitter then it would be great. Joo Won really deserve to be no. 1. I think not all of his fans knows about this award.

jsubmarine said: Mr Dimples,
About this..... about being a "Humane" actor....?
Everytime it comes up.....the term seems vague....
What was the chinese translated as?

As for Joo Won in Win Win.....he should appear 2 weeks from now on Tuesdays 10.10pm KBS World...Singapore.Last nite was Kim Janghoon....

OH!........Septmom....
You do know us well..........corporate datelines....forgotten...I felt I am a zombie....these days...Could not see anything beyond the K drama haze ....

@mrdimples, I think if Joo Won is in a relationship, he probably won't do hot kiss scenes. Probably just make use of camera angles because he said before that he won't do what his girlfriend dislikes kekeke. Also, would the translation as a Compassionate Actor work? Gah >.<
@nazzalin, welcome to the thread. As to the different categories we have here, well the Garden is the place for people to breath air and sunshine and see Joo Won as a lovable dork. The Moat dwellers are the people who more often than not see Joo Won as a man (cough cough) and hence there will be insinuations and puns. The people on the Rocks are those who cannot make up their minds where they wish to belong. Maybe @mrdimples can direct you to her sorting test so that it will be easier for you to find out where you belong keke.

Guest jsubmarine

Mr Dimples,

人情味?。。。。。。

in sum....compassion ....truth....human kindness
....frailty....

Using "humane' just do not cut it...
Let me think bout it..

Guest ellipse

mrdimples said:

Thank you for editing your post. 

I think there is no contradiction between him telling the truth and teasing. In this interview, it seemed to  be that he is not in a relationship right now. 

There was this earlier part where the MC said he must have been in quite a few relationships and he said 2, then it went like this :

MC: Now, is there anyone new?

JW: Now there isn’t

I think he was being honest here whereas in the later part, when he said he will not publicize, and that he might be in a relationship right now, he was just teasing the MC following up on what the MC just said. 

When he spoke about not being able to watch his girlfriend kiss another man if she is an actress, I didn't get any strange vibes about it He was just talking about it as a matter of fact. Wasn't blissful or shy. After hearing him say this, perhaps it is better than he finds and marry a girl who is not in the entertainment circle or someone who is willing to give it up for him. When I read this part, I was more curious as to how he will explain to his future girlfriend or wife about the need to immerse himself in a kissing scene as he has always done :))

It's my personal take. If Joo Won is truly in a relationship and in love, he will be grinning silly and much much happier now. 

nazalin said: coolreborn said: @nazalin, Welcome to the thread dear. May I ask what category you belong, Moat, Garden or Rockies? :D

If you can help in spreading the news about the voting in EMN award, please do. I posted it in my tumblr but of course, if you can campaign in facebook and twitter then it would be great. Joo Won really deserve to be no. 1. I think not all of his fans knows about this award.

Guest septmoon16

nazalin said: coolreborn said: @nazalin, Welcome to the thread dear. May I ask what category you belong, Moat, Garden or Rockies? :D

@mojobobo Yeah! You answered my distress call, at last!  or at least let me think you did :))
@jsubmarine thank you, please continue to think about it.

Actually I did think of Compassionate but Compassionate translates directly to 慈 or  爱心 or 同情心. So I did not use it. I used to translate it to a "Humane Actor" but I have stopped doing so. Perhaps in the context, although Compassionate is not the most accurate, it does bring the meaning across better? Then I shall use it.