Joo Won 주원 [Drama- The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

He gained 7 to 8 kg for Fatal Intution and loose the same for My Sassy Girl.

This is something interesting. I remember that before his enlistment he looked very thin and I thought why is he becoming so thin!! Then I found out from an interview (may be) that he lost weight to not look fat in Hanbok. 

He gained weight, cared less about his appearance to look like a random village guy and he lost weight to look like a perfect handsome Joseon Man!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

He gained 7 to 8 kg for Fatal Intution and loose the same for My Sassy Girl.

This is something interesting. I remember that before his enlistment he looked very thin and I thought why is he becoming so thin!! Then I found out from an interview (may be) that he lost weight to not look fat in Hanbok. 

He gained weight, cared less about his appearance to look like a random village guy and he lost weight to look like a perfect handsome Joseon Man!

Yea, on Cultwo (2015 appearance), he talked about how he gained weight through exercise. He talked about how he would tan himself, and the hosts were telling him about how tanning beds are bad for you. And he said he did think of using a tanning bed, since the process was faster. But people around him advised him to get a spray tan instead. He would visit the spray tanning lounge about 2x a week, till he was satisfied with how he looked. 

This is just me reciting from pure memory... I will have to rewatch the whole interview again, to see if I have missed out anything else he said. 

• Like 3

On 13/07/2017 at 6:56 PM, Ma OO said:

THIS! THIS! My thought exactly!

Hello!!

I am one of the old member here.It is quite sad yet endearing to see new fans.Sad because it seems like our old members either disappeared or moved on to new platform.I am actually one of them. I will try to come here frequently!But this is not a promise.:grin:

and @airplanegirl being the new admin,Welcome! Hope you will help us maintain this old-yet-gold forum.I saw the post made by @mrdimples awhile back. Now that forum matters are done,did anyone take over the Joo Won cutie blog?  

Hi @Ma OO < waves > Hey don't stay away. You " old "fans contributed much and still can continue to do so. Good things things shouldn't be discarded . The nostalgia is priceless.

On 13/07/2017 at 7:23 PM, airplanegirl said:

I'm not, but I did do musical theatre for a few years, but after I switched schools, the other school didn't have a musical theatre elective. 

Thank you guys for being warm and welcoming!

@airplanegirl You're the first person I know who studied arts and entertainment industry ( is that what it is called ? ) You must have a great store of knowledge in dramas and others. Interesting. Looking forward to more news from you.

@flutterby06 Thankiuuuuuuuuuu . Yes pink is such a sweet and romantic colour and JW totally look romantic,  soft and melting in it and wow... !! Paired with tight faded jeans.

Just saw this which would normally would have been up, but since the ' old " members are away or in slumber let me do the honour. Apologies ... I'm still an amateur .

TADA..!!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, lavender2love said:

Just saw this which would normally would have been up, but since the ' old " members are away or in slumber let me do the honour. Apologies ... I'm still an amateur .

TADA..!!

We need more amateurs..May be that will wake up some old members here too.. :)

Joo Won is such a cutie.. :lol: Here he's using his Park Shi On tone from Good Doctor.. You haven't watched it yet, Have you?

This is the drama that introduced me with Joo Won and it was also one of those dramas that developed my keen interest for K-Drama.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

We need more amateurs..May be that will wake up some old members here too.. :)

Joo Won is such a cutie.. :lol: Here he's using his Park Shi On tone from Good Doctor.. You haven't watched it yet, Have you?

This is the drama that introduced me with Joo Won and it was also one of those dramas that developed my keen interest for K-Drama.

My first experience with Joo Won was actually Kim Takgu, but I wasn't too interested in him yet. It was this particular episode of 2D1N, and then Good Doctor which started the obsession.

• Like 3

On 6/9/2017 at 6:18 PM, flutterby06 said:

The first drama of Joo Won I saw was Good Doctor when it was airing in KBS World in 2013. I loved the show so much and thought it was a brilliant performance by the lead actor .Then I saw King of Baking and thought " It's the actor from Good Doctor!" but at that time I was still new to Korean Drama...just saw Korean Drama through cable channel to pass my time. After This Drama I saw Tomorrow Cantabile. And I liked this cute show very much and started acknowledging to myself that I've become fan of this foreign actor. I was amazed at how each of his characters are different but how he played them wonderfully. I had by this time watched many famous KBS Dramas like My Daughter Seo Young, Secret Love, Healer, Innocent Man etc. While I started loving those drama and liking many korean actors-actresses but Joo Won had the softest corner of my heart. At this time I started watching Korean Dramas through drama websites. But I was delaying myself to see Bridal mask. I knew it was one of the popular show but I was not interested in period drama. But I knew I'd have to see it anyway as it has Joo Won. So I started watching BM one day and.... yeah I didn't know it was possible for me to fall for an actor more..I just did. He just became my top favorite without any doubt after starting Bridal Mask. I sometimes get confused which one is his best- Good Doctor or Bridal mask! I ended up deciding that Bridal Mask is his Best Drama and Good Doctor has his Best Performance:heart:

After that I saw all other dramas and movies of him one by one..Recently after my graduation I found sometime and started watching all his interviews and eps of 1 Night 2 Days Season 2..and Right now watching his latest drama My Sassy Girl.. Joo Won recently expressed his longing for doing more mature and serious roles right after he comes from his military duty. So may be MSG will be his last rom-com for a while if he find projects according to his choice (I hope he will find amazing projects and make us happy).  :D  So I've decided to enjoy this rom-com and all his varieties of expressions to the fullest. :wub:

I have yet to see Drama 7th Grade Civil Servant and ,movie Don't Click. I was saving these two for these coming days days when I'll miss him very much because of his absence and will enjoy a horror movie even if I dislike the genre. 

@airplanegirl, This is my story.. and I'm glad he did a lot of dramas with KBS. Which is why I know more about him through entertainment weekly interviews, guerilla dates, bts videos, Happy Together appearance and of course 2d1n. Also special thanks to JOO WON CUTIES. They translated so many videos and Life Log which helped me knowing JW more. :wub:

tumblr_om19c255DP1u43w68o1_500.jpg

(I wrote the post for his debut anniversary. I see that I've missed Ojakgyo Brothers, a good family drama. I watched Ojakgyo Brothers very recently (in the start of 2017) and I really found him cute there. His crying scenes there made me cry bucket every time. )

• Like 2

Since we are on a nostalgic trip to our first experience wit Joo Won, I"ll say something too.Thanks @airplanegirl and @flutterby06

YONGPALYONGPAL:wub:YONGPALYONGPALYONGPAL:wub:YONGPALYONGPLAYOMGPAL:wub:

One drama but I'm " legendary " at the long running Yong Pal Thread  LOL!!!

Nuff said.... hahaha

What I like about YP ...

# Joo Won parkouring and that E-pen shot after the chase before plunging into the Han RIVER at night,

# his intense mesmerizing eyes,

# his rescuing Yeo Jin and that lovely church scene

# THE KISSES ... !! church kiss, hospital kiss, Windy Hill kiss x 2 , On the rooftop of his house:heart:

# Windy Hill  stunning panoramic scenery

# the lavender plants  ( me me me )

On my second  post I made a note of the number of viewers 4,431,481. Today it reads 4,433,533. There were two thousand visitors dropping in within a short period. That's encouraging. So LURKERS and OLD fans please delurk and come and make this thread fun again.

Amateur posting again. This is for new fans.

19985239_322834724795568_247494909156655

• Like 2

Oh I also missed talking about Yong Pal! How can I be so forgetful!

I watched Yong Pal just after it ended..I remember watching it 2 days straight! My eyes hurt but I was so satisfied to with Joo Won's performance and character. 

But I really wished for Yeo Jin to be less revengeful..she could clearly enjoy her life with Tae Hyun without being entangled with all those politics. But she was so blind for revenge that it made me quite frustrated.. :(

But then again that's the message of the drama. Revenge will not make you happy.. It'll only make you and people around you bitter!

I was actually planning to rewatch Yong Pal.. I thought I'd first end watching 7th Grade Civil Servant, but now I'm in a mood to rewatch Yong Pal ( It's the only mid-length drama of Joo Won that I watched only once because it's the latest one). 

18 minutes ago, lavender2love said:

On my second  post I made a note of the number of viewers 4,431,481. Today it reads 4,433,533. There were two thousand visitors dropping in within a short period. That's encouraging. So LURKERS and OLD fans please delurk and come and make this thread fun again.

How do you see it? Where do you see number of views?

• Like 2

Joo Won does comic well . See how he does goofy. That kind of drunken charm.

@flutterby06  quoted @greenanneey! where are you? Joo Won's thread is now moving..:D

@greenanne is busy with her finals and her internship. We wish her well.

tumblr_or4dl86L5v1r1fzv0o5_540.gif&key=6I

Sorry if these pictures have been posted before. They are shoots for a Japanese Magazine and he looks just as handsome though  he has left his twenties years behind, For me i like guys in pink. Yep..... so romantic. After all he is in love with the super kpop star Boa and this is reflective of his emotions, soft and sweet.

DEyBPPkUwAAs6Oi.jpg

DEyBPPkUMAANr_-.jpg

• Like 2

We know that Joo Won gets on well with his co-stars. He's a smart boy too and politically correct. At every interview when asked about who is his best / favourite actress to work with he will answer the current one he's working with. His head is in it's right place.

When he was interviewed and asked about Kim Tae Hee, he said she was the best . And his character loves her character so he works well with KTH in love scenes where kisses have to be convincing ( don't we love " adult " kisses ? )

At the same time his previous co-stars before KTH  ( forgot who ) teased him about his " unfaithfulness " Hahaha .... he was bhsted.

Anyway Joo Won worked well with OYS.

as this clip shows..

Oh dear I can't find the funny clip of Joo Won and OYS hamming it up. I'll use this a temporary " band-aid " until I unearth it.  It is funny.

ote1IXKd0fswTFVuy4n4x2Q8fjM.gif

• Like 1

Who's counting ? Haha.... well in case you are interested  it's 4,434,323. My last count a few hours ago is 4,434,035.

I'm happy Joo Won's thread is getting this number in spite of him under the radar . That means no news, interviews, fan signing, endorsement, singing , variety shows etc. yet viewers drop in. Whoever you are thank you. Continue to grow this thread , be patient until he returns. MSG is ending this coming Tuesday and I'm at a loose end. I may take off but I want this thread to be buzzing again..... at least talk about his dramas..... favourite scenes and so on.

BTW I still haven't found the clip yet. @flutterby06 can you help? I want the one where they just fooling around.

I have said I'm an amateur here and I'm not sure what has been posted or not. I'm only trying to update or post his current drama. I'm sorry for repetition.

Anyway the Thai Fans seem active and I'm posting their pictures.

DCrLkxLW0AAOE91.jpg

r.580x0

DCrLkxJWAAAdBG8.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lavender2love said:

BTW I still haven't found the clip yet. @flutterby06 can you help? I want the one where they just fooling around.

Which Clip??

2 hours ago, lavender2love said:

I have said I'm an amateur here and I'm not sure what has been posted or not. I'm only trying to update or post his current drama. I'm sorry for repetition.

Don't worry it's not repeated..These are the photos of one of his latest interviews..And you know, how lately the thread was less active.

Thanks @lavender2love for these pics and MSG gifs.. :) I love Joo Won's comical face. I've watched this drunk scene so many times. He looked so cute when Oh Yeon Seo wanted to hit him with chicken feet and he leans in to take the hitting.. :wub:

@valinor500, Thanks. your likes are encouraging..:D

• Like 1