Joo Won 주원 [Drama- The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

Joo Won voluntarily reassigns himself to active duty service

Monday, September 05, 2016

htm_20160905165032933981.jpg

Article: [Exclusive] Joo Won voluntarily cancels police promotional unit service... "Enlisting as active duty"

Source: Ilgan Sports via Nate

1. [+918, -15] Yeah, don't tarnish your image for no reason

2. [+838, -10] Good decision

3. [+808, -24] Don't hate on the 'Bridal Mask' hyung

4. [+60, -3] 'Bridal Mask' + active duty = he's earned himself a shield from hate. He really is the top 5 out of all male actors in their twenties.

5. [+58, -7] I think it's amazing that he's opting out of a service that's obviously more comfortable to go active duty. Even non-celebrity men would rather take the easier service, right? ㅋㅋㅋ

6. [+45, -2] That's right, let's just suffer for two years and spend the rest of your career in glory Joo Won-ah

7. [+42, -1] He knows how to aim for the bigger picture. I knew he was a good person when I heard he took 'Bridal Mask' after so many other celebrities turned it down because they didn't want to turn off their Japanese fans. I'll be supporting him.

8. [+25, -3] Most actors turned down 'Bridal Mask' but Joo Won gave up on hopes of a Japanese advancement and took the drama. Honestly, he doesn't deserve hate even if he wants to serve in police promotion. He's more amazing for giving up a comfortable service and going for active duty~

-

screenshot-entertain.naver.com%2B2016-09-05%2B22-49-29.png

Source: Naver

1. [+5,965, -101] He already gave it up in July but kept getting hate because no one knew ㅠㅠㅠ good decision!!!!

2. [+5,096, -59] Just go and serve like any other soldier. The army's all about just getting in and doing enough to get out. Don't hate him over it.

3. [+5,096, -174] Seriously, don't hate on 'Bridal Mask' hyung

4. [+3,352, -103] What a man

5. [+2,361, -162] Already sad at the thought of having to send him off to the army ㅠ

6. [+616, -27] Good thinking, Joo Won-ah. It might've been comfortable for you physically there but it's better than getting hate for the rest of your career.

7. [+473, -8] Yup, an image is really important for a celebrity. Good decision.

8. [+359, -13] He may regret it a year later when he's actually in service but he's earned himself a shield that protects him from all hate for the rest of his life as long as he doesn't cause any scandals

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.de/2016/09/joo-won-voluntarily-reassigns-himself.html

• Like 5

Hi everyone,  DramaFever just published an article about Joo Won's enlistment decision.

It's a good opportunity to ask them to bring us Joo Won's drama, both Love Express, and My Sassy Girl.
Basically, every time they publish an article about an actor/actress or a drama I like, I use it as an opportunity to promote them/it on DF.

Joo Won voluntarily switches from Police service to active duty

3eb0aaea-5e63-4987-8815-09cf66a307cf.png

Fans of actor Joo Won will remember the announcement last March revealing that Joo Won would be serving his time in the military by becoming a part of the police force instead, but in a shocking turn of events, it appears that Joo Won has decided to sign up for active duty instead! What does this mean for Joo Won and his fans? Read on to find out!

While this may shock many of Joo Won's fans, according to a source from Korea's Military Manpower Agency Joo Won has turned down his previous assignment to the Police Promotional Unit and has "applied for a position as a military soldier"

The promotion squad of the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency, to which Joo Won was previously assigned, currently consists of active Korean stars, including, Super Junior's DonghaeChoi Si Won, and TVXQ's Changmin

While Joo Won's original assignment as a policeman would have already started back in July, due to his decision to elect for active duty, the new date of his enlistment is still currently pending.

1b00cf83-5355-4bcf-82d5-df87f455a26e.png

According to a spokesman, Joo Won's enlistment date will most likely be announced by the end of this year. However, because of the ongoing shooting schedule for Joo Won's upcoming drama "My Sassy Girl", his enlistment date is not likely to be in the near future.  

Although we will be sad not to see Joo Won in his police uniform, many have commended that Joo Won's decision to forgo what some singers and actors have done to bypass active duty is a patriotic one. 

Why do you think Joo Won changed his mind? Let's wish him luck for his upcoming active duty service! 

source: DramaFever blog

Please click on "Awesome" button and comment in support of Joo Won and his drama.

• Like 5

I remember making some comment way back when about the possibility of opting out of the promotional unit, and that I could think of a couple of examples, but I didn't think it would really happen.  Hmmm...well, as long as it's what he wants.  I don't care either way, but since people get so up in arms about certain celebs taking the "easy" way out, I guess it's for the best.

But...am I the only one who was thinking that his schedule may have factored into his decision?  If he really was going to go in July, was MSG supposed to be done filming by then?  By the original schedule?  I wonder if it was impossible to delay entering with the promotional unit, but possible to delay it further as a regular soldier?

I sound really cynical, lol.  I'm just glad all the press seems positive.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, ecs707a said:

well, as long as it's what he wants.

I must confess when I read this news, my thoughts was that Sim 'arranged' for him to go to the Police promo unit and now, Joo Won is doing what he wants. Yup, old habits die hard, Sim is always the fall guy. Someone told me it's not easy to get into the police unit, one requires strong backing. It's said that agencies get their stars into these units because the incidence of accidents and injuries are lesser. If you look at it purely from a business point of view, it makes sense. You'd want to protect your best assets. 

38 minutes ago, ecs707a said:

But...am I the only one who was thinking that his schedule may have factored into his decision?  If he really was going to go in July, was MSG supposed to be done filming by then?  By the original schedule?  I

I don't think so. MSG was supposed to start perhaps around July but not end filming by July. 

Maybe I am over imagining things but I've always thought that JW and Sim(easier to type than Huayi Bros!) have this give and take relationship. I am not sure who's got the upper hand though. It even crossed my mind that Joo Won agreed to do MSG in exchange for choice of army vocation. Ok, now you can call me CRAZY :D

I know that we have been very lacking in enthusiasm for MSG. Yesterday when I was watching Moonlight Drawn By Clouds, I had a flash of Joo Won and Oh Yeon Seo in a MSG scene. I am hoping for both actors' sake that by the time the drama airs, most negativity will be gone and they can win the audience's hearts. MDBC is an unexpected hit, an example of a simple yet coherent story, beautifully told, awesomely acted and fantastically shot. MSG needs to start with good writing and direction. I am sure the cast can do the rest. 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, mrdimples said:

That KBS were idiots for not giving him the top award for Gaksital? 

More than idiot. Forget about Daesang,but he at least deserved the High excellence Award.KBS made me cried on new year because of this. I don't know,for me,Lee Kang To is a real person,his life is something to celebrate and remember. The ending was like saying his goodbye to all Koreans and reminding all that the future is in their hands. After all,I don't think LKT survived the final scene but his departure was impactful. Although Bridal Mask is not famous in other countries,I think it is very memorable in Korea.They call him Gaksital Hyung!The reason why JW get high ratings almost everytime,I think Gaksital could be part of it. I feel that Kdrama viewers somehow trust JW and his dramas. XD

• Like 5

Thanks to an amateur paparazzi no other than Papa Moon... :wub: [edit: I googled on Museum SAN where this pic was taken. Its a really beautiful place... a place where one can totally feel relaxed and forget about stress. JW seems to like scenic places or where there are unique buildings of architectural designs like this museum and that church he went to at Jeju Island a few months ago.]

Joowonie working out at the gym again... to do more works on those biceps on his arms... Lolllll... 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, mrdimples said:

Goodness! Cha Yoo Jin Strikes Back

isn't it interesting that the maknae has the smallest gun? Well, if you have watched Men in Black, you'd know that that's the most powerful :D

Ahhhh!  Yay!  Here's another Overtime goodie:

VHuVSzL.jpg
source: naver movie

I also see some articles and whatnot...don't see much in the way of detail, but I'll take it!

Does someone still need to make a movie thread?  Maybe I should...I would hate to have a drama thread, but movies I can do :)

• Like 4