Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

48 minutes ago, moonstrike said:

Hahaha... our cutie is indeed really special... he makes another people wants to protect and cuddle him especially noonas and ahjummas.

Maybe because he sometimes talk with aegyo and do cute stuff, so it makes people around him happy and make the shooting location have a great cheerful condition.

It's funny, though, because although he is genuinely innocent and isn't faking his aegyo or anything like that, when you watch those scenes on 1N2D...he totally knows the effects he's having on people :wink: And the hyungs know it, too - which is why they often send him and Sung Si Kyung out together to buy food if they only have a little bit of money. SSK's clever and can figure out what items on the menu will get them the most food for their money, and JW's aegyo tends to make the ahjummas throw in freebies like an extra ladle of soup or a bigger bowl of rice - I think there were even times SSK made JW do the ordering so that that would happen (sneaky kids :tongue:)

52 minutes ago, moonstrike said:

In my opinion, scandal is something that harms both yourself and others. such as cases of harassment or accidents. so I do not think it's a scandal unless they dating insincerely to draw attention.

1 hour ago, moonstrike said:

He always avoids anything that makes a fuss or scandal on the internet. I also never saw the news about joo won who was involved in a scandal (I do not think his date is a scandal because as I said I see something a scandal if they just want attention but I see news like joo won-boa, rain-kim tae hee, lee min ho-suzy *and many more*

is news that seems they are sincere and want to announce the happy news to make them more comfortable)..

Same here - I don't see dating stories as scandals unless they involve something out of the norm (like if it's news someone's cheating, or someone has a very quick series of hook-ups and break-ups). But a normal, "We're dating and we want to make this long-term - wish us luck" type story like the dating announcements we usually see...I don't think those are scandals.

I just remember reading somewhere that at one point, even those were scandals - because dating news could have a negative impact on an idol's marketability to fans. Sexually objectifying female celebrities is pretty universal, I think, but Korea's "Oppa" fan culture means that the guys are also marketed as being sexually available to fans, even if they're not. And finding out that they actually have romantic and sexual lives outside of this fantasy used to - maybe not as much now, but definitely used to - be seen as harmful to their reputation. So celebrities would hide their relationships even if there was actually nothing wrong or shady about them: just two people being in love, as normal human beings. 

Now, I think things have changed and most fans would be genuinely happy for their biases if they find love, though :) 

Spoiler

There's a really old 2008 drama, actually, that addresses some of these issues head-on, called "Star's Lover". I imagine some elements are exaggerated - the female lead is playing a major Hallyu artist who's been involved in one fake dating story after another, but is now actually in love for real with a non-celebrity - but you could see that the environment at the time was that a celebrity dating was, at one point, seen as a bad thing that needed to be hidden away. And everyone who was potentially involved, including the lovers' family and friends, would end up being ruined by the paparazzi.

I think everyone wants a brother like joo won...:lol:

Yeah - or a son (thinking back to Kim Tae Hee's comment :))

He is also more concerned with the process than the outcome so he will take all the lessons and experiences he gets from the project and never regard something as a failure. he will take something good from the job and always think optimistically. I'm really in love with him and his personality.

lol - I remember there was a joke about that going around in regards to "Level 7 Civil Servant", which, although JW did a good job with what he had, was just a meh drama overall. But I remember seeing people on Dramabeans wondering about what JW would say if he was asked about the drama in hindsight - and it would be the sort of stuff you described.

I think JW's just optimistic like that. It's an interesting duality and complexity to someone who we also know tends to put blame on himself for things going wrong. It's like he's got two completely different ways of coping with setbacks, and whichever one dominates really depends on the situation.

Owh... I imagine how cutie will celebrate Christmas there .. I never heard the tradition there. whether he will be on leave for holidays or he will keep working because you know that he is an instructure since he is person that is seems like example there... hope he will get a rest and go for holiday..

By the way, i heard that temperature in cutie's division is reeeaaalllyyy cold~~~ we know that cutie doesn't like cold at all. He always said that he prefer hot/warm than cold and freezing thing. I hope he is okay...

Good photos... i like his red sweater it looks so warm and cozy.... and his smile is so comforting, i miss him and his dimples smile.

I remember JW saying that even when he was a student, he almost never had Christmas off. He was the stage manager at his high school (he took on the job because it also paid a full scholarship so he could, in effect, go to school for free), and he said that during school breaks, because there was always someone needing to rehearse something, that even if his classmates weren't there every day, he was, because he had to open the theatre in the morning and close it at night so others could use it.

So he said on "Taxi" that his Christmas memory during high school was stepping outside from the backstage door to discover that it was snowing, and he was talking about how beautiful that was and how seeing snow now still takes him back to those days.

The other major Christmas memory I see JW talking about is the one where he was a little kid and his parents gave him a children's comic book version of the "Romance of the Three Kingdoms" as a present. :) 

Awww... everyone is expecting a warm and amiable kiss between cha yoo jin and seol nae il. and I seem to expect it too. probably because I miss him and also his stunning acting, so I want to be fascinated with the cool charm of cha yoo jin. a cha yoo jin whose heart is conquered by a cheerful lady named seol nae il.

P.s: actually i was expecting a loving kiss in all dramas that cutie plays. but in the bridal mask there is no supportive situation for it. And in ojakgyo, since tae hee is first time falling in love with a girl, so their kiss is a bit stiff like a highschool student that have their first kiss. In baker king, shin yu kyung doesn't love gu ma jun, so their kiss is a forced and unwanted kiss.

In civil servant, actually, i don't really like the lead woman in the drama. I don't know why. It's just that she does not look right with cutie. So their kiss scene is not so good for me. In good doctor, you know that shi on is an autistic person. So their kiss scene is a pure and innocent kind of kiss. Its not what i wanted. And in yong pal, this is the kind of kiss that i want.

lol - That's great! I haven't watched all of these dramas, so I can't comment on all of their kiss scenes, but I will say this: as much as I love watching JW as an actor, he has yet to fully convince me on a romance. I don't think it's his fault, but because of how the stories and his character and that of his love interest are written, so he's just been having some pretty bad luck there.

I haven't watched "Ojakgyo Brothers", "Yong Pal" or "My Sassy Girl", so can't comment on those - but here's my take on JW's romances in his other dramas.

King of Baking, Kim Tak Gu - Yes, Gu Ma Jun's relationship with Shin Yu Kyung was so dysfunctional. I like JW, but I totally think Ma Jun deserved the slap for kissing Yu Kyung without her consent like that. Plus, as you said, Yu Kyung doesn't fully love him yet, and I don't think Ma Jun is mature enough to actually marry, either: he says he loves her, that he can't live without her, but after they actually get married, he's so caught up in his own inferiority complex (because he knows he's not the Chairman's son, but everyone else thinks he is) that he becomes convinced she only married him for his money, so he runs off and starts cheating on her right away. Like I said: MESSED UP. But I do like that the drama ended up on the possibility of a reconciliation in the future; the last we see of these two characters, it seems like they're both willing to give each other a second chance, so as viewers, I think we can hope they work things out.

Gaksital - I've seen a lot of people say that Oh Mok Dan was the most one-dimensional of the main characters, and I would agree with them. That's not a problem in and of itself, since I think the main focus of the show is on the relationship between Lee Kang To and Kimura Shunji, but it does mean that the romance element has a hard time selling itself to the audience. I think the two main love stories (between Kang To and Mok Dan, and between Shunji and Mok Dan) were both effective in terms of how they shaped the two male characters - since Mok Dan becomes the catalyst driving a lot of their decisions throughout the story - but that also meant that the tragedy was almost inevitable. As for, say, the relationship between Kang To and Ueno Rie...I think a lot of viewers thought that was more interesting. It was certainly more outside of the box, but I definitely think it wasn't a healthy relationship - nor was it meant to be. So you can see how Kang To uses Rie's feelings for him to his advantage, but you can also see how she's aware he's using her, but allows him to do it anyway. I am curious about whether anything could have grown between them after the events of the drama, though - and I can't be the only fan who wonders.

Level 7 Civil Servant - Probably because I was already aware of the real-life story between JW and Choi Kang Hee by the time I watched this drama, that definitely ended up influencing my impression of it. I think this was a case where Han Gil Ro was, again, not quite mature enough for a long-term relationship. He still has a lot to learn before he could really be the partner that Kim Seo Won needs. Added to that the fact that neither of them are at liberty to be themselves, and things just get way more complicated. I will say, though, that as mediocre as the writing for this drama was, I did find the way they addressed the realities of love and marriage for the NIS agents to be an eye-opener. You can see it in the senior agents in the group: the male team leader who has a broken marriage and rebellious children because he is never home and can never tell them why (so they feel like he doesn't trust them), and the female team leader who can never enter a long-term relationship, probably for similar reasons. I think the drama is trying to imply that Gil Ro and Seo Won would have better chances since they're both NIS agents, but...I'm not really seeing that either.

Good Doctor - This is one where I definitely appreciated the sweetness of it all, so I can't complain here. I do like that they kept the romance so cute and innocent, because it matches Park Si On's character really well. It's the sort of childlike puppy-love crush that you see kids or young teenagers having, and that makes sense for his character - not so much because of his autism, but because of the ways he has subconsciously kept himself as a child over the years (the hospital director mentions this to Cha Yoon Seo, so that's how I know). The part I wasn't entirely sure about was Yoon Seo's side of the relationship - I see that kiss as a start, but it will still take her time to really come to terms with the idea of taking her relationship past a noona-dongsaeng friendship into a romantic one.

Nae Il's Cantabile - Already talked about it earlier, so there's not much to add here, except for one thing: as much as I think Cha Yoo Jin is the one who doesn't feel ready for a relationship, I think the one who actually isn't ready is Seol Nae Il. She's still really childish in a lot of ways, and I think she needs to grow and mature further before any sort of long-term relationship would work. The biggest clue to this is that, for the most part, she's still the receiver in the relationship rather than the giver: Cha Yoo Jin does a lot of things for her, and has been really selfless in their relationship throughout, but she hasn't quite matched him on that. The hypnosis and healing were a huge step in the right direction, but I want to see her being able to put Yoo Jin's wants above her own in the little things as well - when both partners do that, then we're talking, but not now.

You make another great story....! this story tells the heart of yoo jin to his father. heartbreaking because although he hates his father but we know that he still wants his father's presence beside him to accompany him and guide him. He just missed his happy little family.... Poor Yoo jin..

Hey, I did say it was a "love-hate" relationship, didn't I? :tongue: 

Reality is, love and hate are not polar opposites, but are actually two sides of the same coin: if you stopped loving someone, you would stop caring what they thought, and clearly Cha Yoo Jin does still care about how his father sees him, or he wouldn't be so upset when he sees his father again.

So, as intensely as Cha Yoo Jin hates his father, I also think he loves him just as much. Same with how his father sees him :wink: 

Finally, thanks for the update and the pics - they're so sweet, and JW's kind and adorable as always :D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kittyna said:

It's funny, though, because although he is genuinely innocent and isn't faking his aegyo or anything like that, when you watch those scenes on 1N2D...he totally knows the effects he's having on people :wink: And the hyungs know it, too - which is why they often send him and Sung Si Kyung out together to buy food if they only have a little bit of money. SSK's clever and can figure out what items on the menu will get them the most food for their money, and JW's aegyo tends to make the ahjummas throw in freebies like an extra ladle of soup or a bigger bowl of rice - I think there were even times SSK made JW do the ordering so that that would happen (sneaky kids :tongue:)

Hahaha... i remember in 1N2D when he order food for the hyungs he will act aegyo and lean forward and say "omonim, please give more ...:grin: :blush:<- with this two looks" after that, he will make a cute smile while staring straight at the ahjumma eyes. That makes the ahjumma affected and grab more bowl of rice to stack on top ...  Cutie really know how to use his cute ability... 

Yeah - or a son (thinking back to Kim Tae Hee's comment :))

When kim tae hee said that cutie is smiling cutely... he also feel shy.... hahaha... So cute.:lol:

I think JW's just optimistic like that. It's an interesting duality and complexity to someone who we also know tends to put blame on himself for things going wrong. It's like he's got two completely different ways of coping with setbacks, and whichever one dominates really depends on the situation.

Yeah.. He is still like that and I hope it will continue like that. Optimist person is the one who always thinks positively at every opportunity even though there are failures between them.

Such a person will continue to grow because he will take every lesson and experience that he finds to make himself even better. he would not consider anything useless. And for example is our cutie joo won oppa...

I remember JW saying that even when he was a student, he almost never had Christmas off. He was the stage manager at his high school (he took on the job because it also paid a full scholarship so he could, in effect, go to school for free), and he said that during school breaks, because there was always someone needing to rehearse something, that even if his classmates weren't there every day, he was, because he had to open the theatre in the morning and close it at night so others could use it.

Such a diligent person... always working and working even though it was a holiday for the scholarship ... I remembered the host at the healing camp (the host expression is really funny.. they are really impressed with joo won's kind heart) and the host of every interview he did that said that joo won is a dutiful and obedient child... I also think joo won is really a very good and nice child. He works to lighten the burden of his parents and also to make his own money. Even now, he still gives all of his sallary to his mother... 

So he said on "Taxi" that his Christmas memory during high school was stepping outside from the backstage door to discover that it was snowing, and he was talking about how beautiful that was and how seeing snow now still takes him back to those days.

Maybe he will do it again this year... he will stepped out and look at the sky with falling snow. Remembering his school days and also his days before entering the army... :o

The other major Christmas memory I see JW talking about is the one where he was a little kid and his parents gave him a children's comic book version of the "Romance of the Three Kingdoms" as a present.

He probably still have that comics and still read it until now... :D

lol - That's great! I haven't watched all of these dramas, so I can't comment on all of their kiss scenes, but I will say this: as much as I love watching JW as an actor, he has yet to fully convince me on a romance. I don't think it's his fault, but because of how the stories and his character and that of his love interest are written, so he's just been having some pretty bad luck there.

yeah ... he never played drama where the man is really love his girl. As Joo Won said he wants to play dramas like "notebook movie" , joo won's favorite legendary romantic movie...

So because he never plays such a drama so he can not show his real romantic side. In acting or in real life...<_<

Finally, thanks for the update and the pics - they're so sweet, and JW's kind and adorable as always :D 

I almost cry when i see that post... cannot believe my eyes. Is that really joo won.. he is not gives any updates almost a month. 

And the caption is making me happy too... his kind heart is moving another peoples heart again... Proud of you Cutie...:blush:

• Like 1

Such a diligent person... always working and working even though it was a holiday for the scholarship ... I remembered the host at the healing camp (the host expression is really funny.. they are really impressed with joo won's kind heart) and the host of every interview he did that said that joo won is a dutiful and obedient child... I also think joo won is really a very good and nice child. He works to lighten the burden of his parents and also to make his own money. Even now, he still gives all of his sallary to his mother... 

For me, "Win Win" and "Healing Camp" stand out as the two interview shows where JW's dynamic with the hosts was a lot of fun to watch. They're just trying to figure him out, and he's surprising them at every single turn - it was hilarious, and also really sweet, given what parts of JW's story and personality he was sharing with them :) 

It's like, for instance, on "Win Win", the hosts were trying to dig up some dirt on him, or find some sort of flaw in him. So, although he did the interview as a way to end off "Gaksital", the theme they went for in the interview itself was that from a different drama, "The Innocent Man" - the full title for which is actually closer to "There Is No Such Thing as an Innocent Man". And their goal was to try to see if JW actually was that innocent. lol - It got to the point where they weren't getting anything from JW himself, so they even asked Park Ki Woong, like, "C'mon - there's gotta be something, so tell us!" And no-one could come up with anything, except that, possibly, JW's too innocent for his own good.

yeah ... he never played drama where the man is really love his girl. As Joo Won said he wants to play dramas like "notebook movie" , joo won's favorite legendary romantic movie...

So because he never plays such a drama so he can not show his real romantic side. In acting or in real life...<_<

Of the dramas I've seen of him, in terms of romance, what he does to/for the girl, what he thinks of her, etc., my favourite was Cha Yoo Jin - I think he really has what it takes to make it work. But a relationship is always two-way, so I felt like Seol Nae Il wasn't quite there yet. 

But from what I've heard from you guys, it sounds like "My Sassy Girl" might actually have hit that sweet spot - I guess I'll find out when I watch it. :wink: 

Speaking of romance, that's the focus of the pictures I'm sharing today from my collection. More specifically, I chose one or two of my favourite pictures of JW with each of his leading ladies in his dramas. Most are not actual screenshots, but are things like behind-the-scenes pics, promotional pics, etc, but I picked them all because I thought they were so sweet and cute.

Spoiler

1. "King of Baking, Kim Tak Gu" - JW with Eugene

Sorry for the blurriness - I actually have very few photos of them together, so this will have to do.

7b8a2bdb7ffc3f57e01c89eb0f9a56f2.jpg

2. "Ojakgyo Brothers" - JW with UEE

3f991c49599e5e1f55373bf90d2af0be.jpg

3. "Gaksital" - JW with Jin Se Yeon

86247eb20a9329b889a07dd4859b1ebd.jpg

Bonus: This behind-the-scenes photo is really cute, too - love their matching poses (Also: it is just me, or does JW have a habit of doing the "V" sign sideways? He does that all the time on 1N2D)

61e14bedc38e127f87b0d536380a1059.jpg

4. "Level 7 Civil Servant" - JW with Choi Kang Hee

Okay, I swear - you can't look at this photo and tell me JW wasn't seriously crushing on her!

740ecad30cb61f25005d93e0284ce0ca.jpg

5. "Good Doctor" - JW with Moon Chae Won

d256e8b59f79e4b4cd8d09610cc207e7.jpg

Bonus: Love this fan-edited pic:

7bea0ddf4ce913d33f7d63e97b9cf5ba.jpg

6. "Nae Il's Cantabile" - JW with Shim Eun Kyung

e98b412384b26ac7bc984bcfef7f5e2b.jpg

Bonus: Love this behind-the-scenes photo, again because of the matching poses - I wonder what everyone's looking at :tongue: 

418658f1d232b3a8d496c403fb7ed35d.jpg

Another bonus: Not a couple-pic, but this collage is so nice, and everyone looks so pretty/handsome:

3dde687898716e3180796ce547d2bcd6.jpg

7. "Yong Pal" - JW with Kim Tae Hee

f6a3128502e30e9751e821976edaf511.jpg

Bonus: Including this one, too, because it's so romantic, and just gorgeously shot:

a306617c5457f1654804e2c2dcd41756.jpg

8. "My Sassy Girl" - JW with Oh Yeon Seo

28bc9eebed6a27d405f776d57467a127.jpg

By the way, I just realized after doing this...JW's been in A LOT of dramas. Seriously - eight in six/seven years? And that's not counting films or musicals, either!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, kittyna said:

By the way, I just realized after doing this...JW's been in A LOT of dramas. Seriously - eight in six/seven years? And that's not counting films or musicals, either!

In a way, it was a good strategy made by him and his company. By doing one or 2 dramas a year, it allowed the audience to learn more about what he could do as an actor. By the time he did Good Doctor, the public learnt to trust his acting skills. So even if the drama wasn't as great as they would have liked it to be, they knew his acting skills weren't the problem at all. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, kittyna said:

For me, "Win Win" and "Healing Camp" stand out as the two interview shows where JW's dynamic with the hosts was a lot of fun to watch. They're just trying to figure him out, and he's surprising them at every single turn - it was hilarious, and also really sweet, given what parts of JW's story and personality he was sharing with them :) 

yeah .. I also like to see their shocked expressions impressed with the innocence of joo won ... they will usually scrape the information deeply and after joo won answer it, they do not believe because their first impression when seeing joo won different from his personality... 

For example when joo won was asked in win win how he had fun after he finished filming. joo won replied he would usually walk the front of the house for coffee at the coffee shop in front of house with his friends. they are also surprised to know that joo won can not drink alcohol. Joo won always make the host impressed with his answer... even kim seung woo and lee su geun also surprised even though they are close with joo won. 

I like his innocent and honest answer in every interview that he did. He always explain and think his answer very deeply and serious. He never took any question lightly. He will think the answer and explain why he answer like that even though the question just like "what kind of food do you recommend to eat when you in korea?" 

His innocence makes the interviewers impressed and likes him... you can see that on win win, healing camp, in TAXI, and all the interview he has done.

But from what I've heard from you guys, it sounds like "My Sassy Girl" might actually have hit that sweet spot - I guess I'll find out when I watch it. :wink: 

Its a great drama.. you can watch it if you like light and cheerful kind of drama. Hope you like it...:D

Speaking of romance, that's the focus of the pictures I'm sharing today from my collection. More specifically, I chose one or two of my favourite pictures of JW with each of his leading ladies in his dramas. Most are not actual screenshots, but are things like behind-the-scenes pics, promotional pics, etc, but I picked them all because I thought they were so sweet and cute.

Awww... so cute. Especially his photo with shin yu kyung (eugene)... they smile so brightly like that is really their wedding... 

And joo won's character is really different from his personality. So when the cut sound is heard, he will immediately develop a sweet smile and make the filming location become more cheerful.

Bridal mask wedding photo is really good.. and it makes me sad remembering mok dan is dead in the end of the story. Leaving kang to alone... so sad..

For the civil servant photo, Looks like cutie is really having a crush with her. Hmm... i can see in his eyes. If joo won and boa still together right now and go outside, walked out by holding hands. it will look like this. joo won will see his girl with eyes full of love.

Because of that he is regarded as a diligent celebrity and also the busiest in korea. This also makes him become one of the top actor in korea in just short time. his sincerity and diligence also makes others impressed with him because he can do everything in just a short time. and the results are also very good and satisfying. And he will do his work sincerely again after he comeback. I'm very proud of him... <3

By the way, i found this video on youtube. Joo won is one of the top celebrity that really devoted to their parent. So proud of him... :blush::heart:

https://youtu.be/wHnPoHu0jEc

Interesting post... new photo, i think... he is so handsome.....:heart:

P.s: Sorry, i post the same comment in a row. Its an error... 

• Like 1

yeah .. I also like to see their shocked expressions impressed with the innocence of joo won ... they will usually scrape the information deeply and after joo won answer it, they do not believe because their first impression when seeing joo won different from his personality... 

For example when joo won was asked in win win how he had fun after he finished filming. joo won replied he would usually walk the front of the house for coffee at the coffee shop in front of house with his friends. they are also surprised to know that joo won can not drink alcohol. Joo won always make the host impressed with his answer... even kim seung woo and lee su geun also surprised even though they are close with joo won. 

I like his innocent and honest answer in every interview that he did. He always explain and think his answer very deeply and serious. He never took any question lightly. He will think the answer and explain why he answer like that even though the question just like "what kind of food do you recommend to eat when you in korea?" 

His innocence makes the interviewers impressed and likes him... you can see that on win win, healing camp, in TAXI, and all the interview he has done.

Its a great drama.. you can watch it if you like light and cheerful kind of drama. Hope you like it...:D

Awww... so cute. Especially his photo with shin yu kyung (eugene)... they smile so brightly like that is really their wedding... 

And joo won's character is really different from his personality. So when the cut sound is heard, he will immediately develop a sweet smile and make the filming location become more cheerful.

Bridal mask wedding photo is really good.. and it makes me sad remembering mok dan is dead in the end of the story. Leaving kang to alone... so sad..

For the civil servant photo, Looks like cutie is really having a crush with her. Hmm... i can see in his eyes. If joo won and boa still together right now and go outside, walked out by holding hands. it will look like this. joo won will see his girl with eyes full of love.

Because of that he is regarded as a diligent celebrity and also the busiest in korea. This also makes him become one of the top actor in korea in short time. his sincerity and diligence also makes others impressed with him because he can do everything in just a short time. and the results are also very good and satisfying. And he will do his work sincerely again after he comeback. I'm very proud of him... <3

By the way, i found this video on youtube. Joo won is one of the top celebrity that really devoted to their parent. So proud of him... :blush::heart:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, moonstrike said:

P.s: Sorry, i post the same comment in a row. Its an error... 

lol - I was wondering why I got two simultaneous reply notifications :tongue: But that's okay - thanks for the heads-up.

(Note to site admin if they see this: please make it possible for us to delete posts - that would be really, really helpful at times like this. Thanks!)

I have a TON of moments that I love from that "Win Win" episode, mostly times when JW ends up turning the tables on the hosts.

For example, there was the point when they asked him what was the absolute worst thing he did when he was a kid - like, they already knew he was a good son, but they wanted to know what his version of being bad would be - and he said something like, "I told my mom that I was going to a friend's house to study, but we wound up playing instead." And the hosts were just like, :flushed: "What...???"

Or the time he said that a girl who was a friend of a friend of his tried to get his number after they'd just met for the first time, and then he said, "And I was really offended by that - we hadn't even spoken to each other before!" At which point the hosts were, again, like, "What...???" They even tried to explain to him, like, "Joo Won-ah, if a girl makes the first move, most guys would think that's a good thing!" LOL

I do remember one flaw they did find and get him for, though, which was that JW had a tendency to unconsciously switch to banmal (i.e. informal/casual speech) too early with his sunbaes. But any of the sunbaes that do discover that about him (so, on "Win Win", for instance, Lee Su Geun and Kim Seung Woo noticed that habit on 1N2D, and the third host noticed it in the interview) note that while they technically should feel offended by it...they don't. Because they could hear the content of what JW's saying, and can tell that he still respects them based off what he means - he just has a tendency to use the wrong words :tongue: So they're initially weirded out or even ticked off about it, but as they get to know him, they accept it as one of his quirks, and, like Yu Hae Jin, can even end up reading him so well that they know something's wrong (i.e. he's feeling sad or awkward or something) when he doesn't talk like that. 

Oh, I remember that time he was asked about food recommendations! It was so cute and funny, because rather than just think about it and then answer, he started thinking out loud. So you got the whole process by which he came to his response, and it wound up being something like, "Well, I would recommend this...but isn't there something like that in China where the fans are, so...maybe this instead...?" and he got so deep in thought that he unconsciously put his knuckle in his mouth (which is a habit I've noticed when he's thinking hard or is indecisive about something). And then the interviewer was just like, "Never mind all that - just go with your first response if it's what you wanted to say!" :D 

I think he just likes having all his bases covered - and also thinks about what would be a good answer that is both 1) true to himself, and 2) interesting for his audience. :) 

I've noticed that in the behind-the-scenes videos I've watched - it's great :) 

Thanks for that video, too!

You know, I didn't really know what to make of the topic at first, because most of the lists I've seen in the past ranking celebrities by filial piety tended to just condense it down to, "So-and-so bought a house/car/etc. worth such-a-such an amount for their parents - they're so filial!" And, well, JW's respect for his parents isn't something that can be quantified like that - even though he gives everything he earns to his parents, if they were to use it to, say, buy property, it would be under his mom or dad's name, not his - so the media, most likely, would never know. Nor, based off what I've seen from JW's interviews, do I think Moon Appa and Umma would want it to be known if they did buy something big with JW's money - what happens in the Moon household stays in the Moon household, is the impression I've been getting :wink:

So...yeah, while I certainly think that JW is one of the most filial of the celebrities I know...I didn't know of any way he could be ranked for it. I guess a fan poll works, but, again, there's no real way to quantify or qualify it. It just is!

Finally, thanks for the new photos, too - that one of JW and Lee Jung Shin looks really good :) Whoever did the photo editing/touch-ups on Lee Min Ho's pic went a bit overboard, though...I've certainly seen better from him :tongue: 

And that gives me an idea for the photos from my collection I want to share today. These are some of my favourite photos of JW in my collection, period. So, I'm looking for three main things here: he's got to look good in them, the picture has to have a good resolution/size/quality, and I usually want there to be some sort of artistic flair as well. So images like these (and these really are just a sampling!) are those where, as soon as I saw them show up in my Pinterest feed or someone's Instagram or whatever, I was immediately like, "Okay, I want that!"

In other words, although JW has a ton of really good photos out there, I'm picking these because I think they stand out from the crowd in some way or other:

Spoiler

46239bfa216b14f875c9adaf7e665c4c.jpg

3717da1377cd4b91280fd9cff4d23298.jpg

0232238079ff384410d62951382b1fee.jpg

I'd shared this one before in the past, but am doing it again because I really, really like this shot:

621ce8e29d46d1d02b39b087b98cbdbe.jpg

Probably because they end to end up a bit more polished than most, I am often drawn towards drama promo shots. Just by coincidence, the ones I've picked today are all from either "Gaksital" or "Yong Pal", but I can always do his other dramas later - gotta save some goodies for another day, after all :wink: 

2e0f66b31ec949a0266b7b2589a13754.jpg

62db023074b4a0d4963674f5ac37d303.jpg

4c118c2c72d6456d508447c141f7c962.jpg

21d9121fc078f08a9c31ae9b757c17ca.jpg

Finally, a few newcomers to the collection - so these are making their debut as far as my posts are concerned :wink: 

It's the first pic in this slideshow I'm meaning to share - that's just a really gorgeous use of lens flare :) The other two pictures are nice, too. And, yes, this does mean that I've just stumbled across Huayi Brothers' Instagram, which should have some goodies I haven't seen yet :wink: 

Last one for today is another newcomer - and also the photo that inspired today's idea

• Like 1

Just popping by to add this meme I stumbled across recently:

I only know about half the references here, but they're definitely all interesting.

Song Joong Ki as Yoo Si Jin in "Descendants of the Sun" - lol, okay, not gonna lie: if I have to apply the label "My soldier" to Hallyu, I'd end up with a very different answer *points up to my previous post* But, that being said, I did really like his character when I watched the drama, so...points for that. :) 

Kim Soo Hyun as Do Min Joon in "Love from Another Star" - Yep, totally agreeing here. A super-smart Type-A history nerd is definitely the sort of professor I'd enjoy learning from :) I was also so completely on board with him in terms of how much he valued history, art, literature, etc., so watching his character in this drama was a real treat. :wub: Could do without his cynicism in regards to how he views people and human psychology, although I suppose I can't blame him after all his experiences (we talk about bad apples, but after one has lived for 400 years...all of those bad apples add up to being A LOT of people) :( 

Joo Won as Cha Yoo Jin in "Nae Il's Cantabile" - Coming from a family with a background in classical music (nothing so illustrious as the Chas, of course, but enough to agree with their traditionalist European-style way of thinking about things), yes, yes, totally yes :D Granted, I wasn't all that blown away by, well, anyone's fake playing and/or conducting because of that ("Secret Love Affair" easily beat this one on that count), but everyone in my family found themselves agreeing with Cha Yoo Jin's opinions more often than not: that music should not just be about getting marks or accolades, that it should have heart, but that you should still follow the score and the guidelines laid out by the composers :wink: And that, yes, sometimes you do need to be a strict teacher (or have a strict teacher) in order to learn all that.

(And, before you ask, no, I don't have a career in classical music - although I've grown up loving it and still do, my talents lie elsewhere, which some of you have probably already noticed :wink:)

Everybody else here is either a character that I don't know, or, even if I recognize the image, is from a drama I haven't watched. So no comment there.

• Like 1

So, as you could probably predict by now, I did end up going through Huayi Brothers' Instagram account to see what there was, and found some great photos to boot.

I reposted some in my Pinterest collection already, but have queued the majority (i.e. I'm saving them to be publicly reposted later), so this is the first place I'm sharing the majority of these pics.

Spoiler

Starting off with a slideshow - all the pics here are nice, so be sure to click through. There are hanbok shots, as well as photos from the "My Sassy Girl" press conference:

This next shot's gorgeous - kudos to whichever photographer came up with this idea for a composition :)

I just noticed: this one was posted exactly one year before JW's enlistment date!

2015 SBS Drama Awards, with a cameo by Lim Ji Yeon:

Several shots from "Nae Il's Cantabile" behind the scenes:

I think this may be one of my favourite behind the scenes photos from "Nae Il's Cantabile", period - like, how sweet and romantic does this look???

Love this next shot. You know I have a soft spot for black and white photos, and JW looks so cute here with his giant earphones and cutie pout :)

Bonus: turns out the oboist character on "Nae Il's Cantabile" is with Huayi Brothers, too - his name is Lee Joo Hyung

Last by not least: a behind-the-scenes photo from "Life Log":

• Like 1

I have a TON of moments that I love from that "Win Win" episode, mostly times when JW ends up turning the tables on the hosts.

And the moment when he makes the host go astray and disbelief is the thing I like the most. He made all the interviewers love him for his sincere answer...

Actually when in win win, there is one host besides Kim Seung Woo and Lee Su Geun who look annoyed because feel set aside in the show since joo won come on the show. therefore he is digging deep information and like wanting to mock joo won.

But I was very impressed with Joo Won's calm demeanor and not bothered by the host's talk. He replied calmly as he put on his sweet smile... (the host is famous for being bad and obnoxious in korea, so naturally he is like that on every guest star, many guest stars say that they are annoyed because of the host, joo won is not the only one).

Joo won responds to the host's statement calmly like he didn't know that he is offending him. and it makes Joo Won's kindness and patience visible to everyone. I am very impressed and proud of joo won's behaviour. Even the episode where joo won be the guest gets the highest rating in win win. 

And also in TAXI, there is one host who speaks so freely. he commented openly and as if he wanted to mock Joo Won. but slowly he changes and starts to like joo won. it's because joo won answered his questions honestly and sincerely. and it seems that he realizes it so his views on joo won change. the host was dislike and misunderstanding joo won because of choi kang hee's comments that carrying joo won's name when she was pressed in one interview. So because of that the host misunderstand joo won. But we know that Joo won never say anything...

As i said, I like joo won's ability to make other people likes him with his personality and his behaviour. Joo won even said that he wants to have super power that everyone will likes him when they look into his eyes. And i want to say "Oh... you already have that power, dear..."

Oh, I remember that time he was asked about food recommendations! It was so cute and funny, because rather than just think about it and then answer, he started thinking out loud. So you got the whole process by which he came to his response, and it wound up being something like, "Well, I would recommend this...but isn't there something like that in China where the fans are, so...maybe this instead...?" and he got so deep in thought that he unconsciously put his knuckle in his mouth (which is a habit I've noticed when he's thinking hard or is indecisive about something). And then the interviewer was just like, "Never mind all that - just go with your first response if it's what you wanted to say!" :D 

Yeah...:lol: There was a time where the host seemed to be impatient to wait for a reply from joo won. Even though the question is not difficult nor serious. hahaha ... our joo won is really special. he always thinks his answer sincerely and seriously.

You know, I didn't really know what to make of the topic at first, because most of the lists I've seen in the past ranking celebrities by filial piety tended to just condense it down to, "So-and-so bought a house/car/etc. worth such-a-such an amount for their parents - they're so filial!" And, well, JW's respect for his parents isn't something that can be quantified like that - even though he gives everything he earns to his parents, if they were to use it to, say, buy property, it would be under his mom or dad's name, not his - so the media, most likely, would never know. Nor, based off what I've seen from JW's interviews, do I think Moon Appa and Umma would want it to be known if they did buy something big with JW's money - what happens in the Moon household stays in the Moon household, is the impression I've been getting :wink:

In my opinion, joo won is really a devoted child.

a devoted child is a child who thinks and keeps his or her parents both feeling and body. the person who is devoted to his parents is the one who obeys his parents, never denied his parents, and loves his parents wholeheartedly. and joo won meets that requirement.

And for the person who buys his or her parents expensive things is not necessarily a devoted child. they could be buy their parents something expensive but do not pay attention to their feelings at home. Who knows... there are many examples in my surroundings. So I do not think someone who buy something expensive to his parents is a filial person. It depends to their behaviour to their parents. 

And that gives me an idea for the photos from my collection I want to share today. These are some of my favourite photos of JW in my collection, period. So, I'm looking for three main things here: he's got to look good in them, the picture has to have a good resolution/size/quality, and I usually want there to be some sort of artistic flair as well. So images like these (and these really are just a sampling!) are those where, as soon as I saw them show up in my Pinterest feed or someone's Instagram or whatever, I was immediately like, "Okay, I want that!"

I always have that kind of feel when i see joo won's photos on internet or anywhere. Because of that, my phone is full of joo won's photo. I have alot of work to moved those photos to my laptop. So i can have more space for my another joo won's colection in my handphone... hehehe...

15 hours ago, kittyna said:

So, as you could probably predict by now, I did end up going through Huayi Brothers' Instagram account to see what there was, and found some great photos to boot.

They have many cute photos tho... especially with tomorrow cantabile bts photos... joo won's pout is so cuttteee.... 

And this is another interesting post that i found on instagram... enjoy... :D

The caption is so true... i can't more agree than that..

This one is so funny yet cute... he looks very tired. But i can't stop laughing because this photo is so funny and cute at the same time...

I like his looks in this photo... he looks so professional and smart. Such a great man...

Watching him eating is making me craving a full bowl of ramen and and rice... and also fried fish.

This one is also very cute... his smile is so addictive...

Joo Won wearing glasses guys... i like when he wear his legendary round glasses. So smart yet so sexy... 

Mountia photo guysss.... he is so handsome in those photos... his cool expression is make my heart skip a beat... LOVE IT :heart:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moonstrike said:

Actually when in win win, there is one host besides Kim Seung Woo and Lee Su Geun who look annoyed because feel set aside in the show since joo won come on the show. therefore he is digging deep information and like wanting to mock joo won.

But I was very impressed with Joo Won's calm demeanor and not bothered by the host's talk. He replied calmly as he put on his sweet smile... (the host is famous for being bad and obnoxious in korea, so naturally he is like that on every guest star, many guest stars say that they are annoyed because of the host, joo won is not the only one).

And also in TAXI, there is one host who speaks so freely. he commented openly and as if he wanted to mock Joo Won. but slowly he changes and starts to like joo won.

Just a quick comment here: the personas that talk show hosts adopt do need to be taken with a grain of salt - they might be obnoxious/annoying/pushy/etc., but that's because they are taking on that "role" on the show. So that's why you usually see hosts like that being paired or grouped with mellower hosts: in the case of "Win Win", for instance, you can see that the third host was really tough on JW, Kim Seung Woo was the one who was always siding with him, and Lee Su Geun was somewhere in the middle (i.e. wanting to help JW, but perfectly fine with teasing him as well).

That being said, though, you can see that JW met the hosts really well, even though it's noticeable when he's getting annoyed, like the time that the third host on "Win Win" essentially said that JW was bad at romance or bad at dating. And JW, who's usually a bit milder tempered than this, gets a bit more aggressive and just cuts in, "No, I don't think I'm bad at romance." And I was just like, "Okay, JW's mad, now...." But he did a good job keeping himself in check, as you noted; he just became even more determined to get his point across, and was unusually quick to respond to the question that time.

To be honest, though, I think at least part of this comes from JW's own worldview - he knows where he's got the unpopular opinion about something (e.g. his really traditional views on love and relationships), and knows that that's the sort of thing interviewers would pick up on. But if it's something that he's proud of, he'll completely own it and make it his thing - and so that image becomes really cemented in viewers' minds as being a key component of his personality, values, etc.

As i said, I like joo won's ability to make other people likes him with his personality and his behaviour. Joo won even said that he wants to have super power that everyone will likes him when they look into his eyes. And i want to say "Oh... you already have that power, dear..."

That...would be a really scary superpower if it existed - and you'd better hope the person who has it is a good one!

But let's be real: it's not going to happen, nor is it ever going to happen. And one of the things I've appreciated about following JW's career and seeing his growth as a person is that he's starting to realize that, too. I don't think he lets criticism get to him the same way that he used to anymore, although I think he still gets really protective of people he cares about and, thus, won't let people bash them.

In my opinion, joo won is really a devoted child.

a devoted child is a child who thinks and keeps his or her parents both feeling and body. the person who is devoted to his parents is the one who obeys his parents, never denied his parents, and loves his parents wholeheartedly. and joo won meets that requirement.

And for the person who buys his or her parents expensive things is not necessarily a devoted child. they could be buy their parents something expensive but do not pay attention to their feelings at home. Who knows... there are many examples in my surroundings. So I do not think someone who buy something expensive to his parents is a filial person. It depends to their behaviour to their parents. 

Same here - hence why I said that while I thought JW was filial, I didn't like the lists and articles that tried to rank stars using that. It's something from the heart and can't always be seen - let alone counted!

Since you started with the food pics, @moonstrike I'll continue on that theme for today's photos:

Spoiler

1f9f727227a5294da359b580c0abba4f.jpg

Speaking of filial piety, I remember this strawberry-picking scene from 1N2D, where JW said he was going to fill up his basket and take it home to his parents. :) Again, I don't think it's so much big spending or big gestures that count, but little things like this, where he's thinking of them wherever he goes :heart:

0e15fd417f5d53e632843848fe959b4e.jpg

And speaking of strawberries, love this fan-edited extreme close-up from his Beansbins Coffee ad:

2a6444f9ec79d626ba8e38451e65ee7b.jpg

e4d51b50cfd918603396bbd19bb798da.jpg

His food scenes on "Good Doctor" were always fun to watch - I don't know if "eating with aegyo" exists as a term, but that's totally what's happening here:

ad3def6a875ff142cdac6a6d6e4bd614.jpg

69018155c231abc16325ac146f080504.jpg

Okay, are strawberries just a thing in Korea? Because they show up a lot in these pics - here's one more:

71713b685d04f844daaf802b43abbb24.jpg

c9f27d14f83f73018374ee6c7209793f.jpg

These next two shots are clearly candid - and so cute:

71ce038411dd93b40e57459a8b2c83fb.jpg

fecc4b025cdc1e05666079cbee549afd.jpg

And now that we know from his army unit that JW is also a chocoholic who sneaks chocopies....

9d5bfd2a387abfba930a855d382a9efe.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kittyna said:

Speaking of filial piety, I remember this strawberry-picking scene from 1N2D, where JW said he was going to fill up his basket and take it home to his parents. :) Again, I don't think it's so much big spending or big gestures that count, but little things like this, where he's thinking of them wherever he goes :heart:

Reading your comment make me remember when Jeon In Hwa said that Joo Won called her when he was in Japan to show her beautiful view of Japan. The host is impressed with Joo Won's behaviour because he remember his "mother" when he see the beautiful view and they also said that its not like Yoon shi Yoon that talk out loud about Jeon in Hwa's weight.. Its so funny tho... 

Same here - hence why I said that while I thought JW was filial, I didn't like the lists and articles that tried to rank stars using that. It's something from the heart and can't always be seen - let alone counted!

They measure a person's obedience from his property. therefore I also disagree ...

And I was just like, "Okay, JW's mad, now...." But he did a good job keeping himself in check, as you noted; he just became even more determined to get his point across, and was unusually quick to respond to the question that time.

Was he mad? I don't know that he was mad that time. I didn't realize it... 

By the way, in your opinion, how do you think when he is angry or mad?

Picture Corner...

I found this post quite interesting so i want to share it with you... enjoy..

He looks so good in suit..

And this photo making me a little bit scared tho. Look how red his eyes... he is scary when he acting mad in drama or movie...

This video is so funny...

And for the final.. 

Cute... :x :x :x Not sure if this vid has been posted before...

viewimageM-183_zps8c452186.jpg

viewimageM-123_zps93b94eda.jpg

viewimageM-85_zps4323d2fb.jpg

cr. JooWon DC

A very cute and young Joo Won singing during a fanmeet, probably before his TV debut :x

cr. nakyung

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, airplanegirl said:

So sorry for not posting much these few weeks. I've been busy preparing for the upcoming holidays and all, and haven't had time to plan out my posts here other than to read through what you guys have posted. I'll come back with a fic update soon!

Its okay... you must be busy these days.. I'll be waiting for the update...:D

• Like 1

8 hours ago, moonstrike said:

Was he mad? I don't know that he was mad that time. I didn't realize it... 

By the way, in your opinion, how do you think when he is angry or mad?

Okay, maybe mad wasn't the best word. But, like...defensive? Intense? Point is, he was cutting in with a quick comeback, and that's not usually his style.

To be honest, I don't think we've seen JW getting full-on angry before - not as himself, anyway. Even that time with losing out on the beef barbecue on 1N2D, I felt he was more annoyed or miffed than actually angry - if you watch closely, he's sulking, but still able to smile and laugh at the hyungs' jokes, only to pout again when they turn their attention back to him.

However, I seem to recall from "Healing Camp" that JW said that he'd gotten so used to just enduring and holding it in that it was almost like he'd forgotten how to be angry - that the only time he could really go there now was when he's acting. Otherwise, he's the sort of person who would usually hide or bottle up his anger until he could let it out where no-one could see him. But even then, he's the type whose anger doesn't last long, and it quickly changes to sadness, so he'll cry instead.

8 hours ago, moonstrike said:

Reading your comment make me remember when Jeon In Hwa said that Joo Won called her when he was in Japan to show her beautiful view of Japan. The host is impressed with Joo Won's behaviour because he remember his "mother" when he see the beautiful view and they also said that its not like Yoon shi Yoon that talk out loud about Jeon in Hwa's weight.. Its so funny tho... 

Oh, yeah - I remember that. It was when she was on "Win Win" and both boys were her secret guests. :) That whole segment of the show was adorable!

Now that you're making me think back, the dynamic between JW and Yoon Si Yoon was really funny in just about every promotion they did for "King of Baking, Kim Tak Gu". Both were nice people and "good kids", but YSY was the more worldly and mischievous hyung, while JW was the more innocent/naive dongsaeng. So there were a few moments from, say, their tour in Japan, where it looked like YSY was actually teasing JW about something, but JW wouldn't necessarily realize it until later.

And thanks for the photos once again @moonstrike. As for @airplanegirl, don't worry about it - real life happens, after all :) 

Since I'm here, I might as well share some pics while I'm at it. Recently, I've come across a number of people who have been sharing a lot of behind-the-scenes photos from JW's various dramas, including a number I haven't seen before. A number of these are photos that I've queued and haven't publicly reposted on Pinterest yet, but I'll share them here anyway.

This could easily go on for a while, so I think I'll do it by drama, okay?

Spoiler

"King of Baking, Kim Tak Gu"

"Gaksital"

This first one's a slideshow, so make sure you click through:

The drama I've found the most new behind-the-scenes photos for is "Nae Il's Cantabile", so I'll save those for an exclusive post later on. :wink: And I also have some for various other dramas, too, but I'll hold off as well.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, kittyna said:

To be honest, I don't think we've seen JW getting full-on angry before - not as himself, anyway. Even that time with losing out on the beef barbecue on 1N2D, I felt he was more annoyed or miffed than actually angry - if you watch closely, he's sulking, but still able to smile and laugh at the hyungs' jokes, only to pout again when they turn their attention back to him.

Yeahh... i agree with you. When i first saw that clip where joo won was sulking because of beef. I think he just mad or annoyed just like a usual child. And its because he can't get a delicious beef for dinner. He will be back smilling again after a second. And as you said, we never see joo won get angry on screen as himself and not a character of a drama.

52 minutes ago, kittyna said:

However, I seem to recall from "Healing Camp" that JW said that he'd gotten so used to just enduring and holding it in that it was almost like he'd forgotten how to be angry - that the only time he could really go there now was when he's acting. Otherwise, he's the sort of person who would usually hide or bottle up his anger until he could let it out where no-one could see him. But even then, he's the type whose anger doesn't last long, and it quickly changes to sadness, so he'll cry instead.

Its a great thing and sad thing at the same time. its a sad things because he used to hold his anger and of course we know that it is not an easy case to hold an anger inside our heart. I think it's a sad fact because we can not express ourselves the way we want to. But its also a great things because he can control himself not to get angry and make a fuss on screen. He also can be very patient and understanding. There are some positive and negative in it. 

Now that you're making me think back, the dynamic between JW and Yoon Si Yoon was really funny in just about every promotion they did for "King of Baking, Kim Tak Gu". Both were nice people and "good kids", but YSY was the more worldly and mischievous hyung, while JW was the more innocent/naive dongsaeng.

I like his behaviour when he first debut on tv. He looks so shy but it makes him more and more cute.:heart:

Since I'm here, I might as well share some pics while I'm at it. Recently, I've come across a number of people who have been sharing a lot of behind-the-scenes photos from JW's various dramas, including a number I haven't seen before. A number of these are photos that I've queued and haven't publicly reposted on Pinterest yet, but I'll share them here anyway.

Great photos there... woow... joo won with a kid. They both look so cute. Looking at their smile make my day a lot more happier. 

I want to post about joo won's expression that very cute and sometime intense...

Talking about smile. His happy face... I found this post on instagram. He is so cute...

This was when joo won attend SBS Drama Award 2015.

This is the inside of photo that i post earlier about japan cover magazine...

This one is so cute... his innocent face makes me crazy...

And his angry face too... Maybe because my imagination is to wild, so i think he looks like a pikachu here... I don't know..

His sad face... i always want to cry, everytime i see joo won cry. He looks so vulnerable...

Have i already post this? Its just to cute not to share again... Joo won meets a bee or moth or whatever it is. Its just so cute... i never get bored to say those words. I don't know he look scared or he started to get brave when he see those little thing....

I

• Like 2

4 hours ago, moonstrike said:

Yeahh... i agree with you. When i first saw that clip where joo won was sulking because of beef. I think he just mad or annoyed just like a usual child. And its because he can't get a delicious beef for dinner. He will be back smilling again after a second.

It's funny, though, because both the hyungs and staff noticed that about him (that he was annoyed, but not so upset that he couldn't joke about it), and wound up making it JW's "thing" for that entire episode - they even got him to narrate the dinner bokbulbok games with this silly fairy tale-like story about a king and his court officials competing for beef :tongue: And then, the next morning, when he was allowed to go home early with some of the others from the apple orchard, he started talking about it again, and they were just like, :grin: "Are you still going on about that?"

And as you said, we never see joo won get angry on screen as himself and not a character of a drama.

And am I glad for that - because he's terrifying when he's angry in dramas!

Great photos there... woow... joo won with a kid. They both look so cute. Looking at their smile make my day a lot more happier. 

That particular photo was cute, but, to me, also a bit odd. I think it's because JW's in his uniform costume, so there was something about it that vaguely reminded me of, like, wartime propaganda photos. Totally not what's going on, I know, but I do know such photographs existed in reality during Imperialist Japanese and Nazi German occupations during WWII....

Actually, "Gaksital" behind the scenes photos can just get weird, period - especially when you find ones where the actors are all goofy and smiling while wearing the dirtied versions of their costumes, covered in fake blood and everything. They unintentionally end up looking like a bunch of psychos :tongue: 

Speaking of behind-the-scenes photos, I'm actually here to continue what I've started. I did say that I recently added a ton of "Nae Il's Cantabile" photos to my collection, so here goes!

(And, yes, there is a reason why so many of these feature just JW and Park Bo Gum - I was actively looking for them for reasons that I'll leave you to infer yourselves)

Spoiler

4fc478f556cf669c85fe33bb095446e9.jpg

8f3fb683cd976cc55f81c887335802e7.jpg

3a71e8262d49cdd9e04ab2065e2a334f.jpg

31bab24ea52808bf46afbb706944a915.jpg

1ac581a4f61e3e0fd269f67a4afc29ba.jpg

3530d3158dc14ef322425fd1ef9fdd4f.jpg

eef0e8b7b4316c70e7fda66b21d486fa.jpg

2fe759a837afa6cd48682f222e62b9ee.jpg

This looks more to have been edited from a screenshot than a true behind-the-scenes photo, but I like how both guys look in it:

e6116193d840ea1696d1ac7a3715b6af.jpg

And his angry face too... Maybe because my imagination is to wild, so i think he looks like a pikachu here... I don't know..

I...can't say I'm seeing Pikachu here, but there is something almost cute about his expression here. Like an angry puppy or something.

lol - it reminds me of a Cantonese expression we have for when someone's glaring: in English, we tend to talk about someone's eyes "narrowing" when they're mad (which is what JW's doing in the screenshot from "Gaksital" you posted), but in Cantonese, there's a phrase -  (pronounced "luk dai deui ngaan", meaning "to roll your eyes really big") - that refers specifically to the type of glare where your eyes end up getting, like, really wide and staring. Like JW's doing in the "My Sassy Girl" photo :tongue: 

• Like 1

NEW UPDATE GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M SO HAPPY      ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

HE IS SO HANDSOME IN HIS UNIFORM. ITS MY FIRST TIME SEEING HIM IN HIS UNIFORM THIS CLOSE... he looks perfectly fit with the uniform!!!

In this photo, Joo won is with the chairman of the national assembly... So proud of him...❤❤:grin::heart: 

P.s: i heard that joo won will appear on korean news broadcast TV (i don't know its true or not. But i hope its true) ... REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO IT!!!

By the way, the chairman is posting this on his instagram... the news of him and joo won. :lol:

This is the article: 

http://m.news.naver.com/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=100&oid=003&aid=0008328375

And for the bonus... Joo Won with glasses.. because he is so match and handsome with his legendary round glasses, its to good not to share again... ❤❤❤

He looks so cute in this photo...:lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, moonstrike said:

NEW UPDATE GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M SO HAPPY      ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

HE IS SO HANDSOME IN HIS UNIFORM. ITS MY FIRST TIME SEEING HIM IN HIS UNIFORM THIS CLOSE... he looks perfectly fit with the uniform!!!

In this photo, Joo won is with the chairman of the national assembly... So proud of him...❤❤:grin::heart: 

P.s: i heard that joo won will appear on korean news broadcast TV (i don't know its true or not. But i hope its true) ... REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO IT!!!

Congratulations to our resident soldier, "patriotic actor" and military's poster child :grin:

You guys are still the first place - and usually the only place - where I can get JW updates, so keep it up! 

By the way, I've seen really decent shots of JW in uniform before, but this is definitely more elaborate than what I usually see: with the chain and armband on one side, and the white cord on the other. I don't know much of anything about Korea's military uniforms - or military uniforms in general - so does anyone know what those might mean?

• Like 1

Some comment that i found.. Enjoy..:D

And this is the video... he looks so good and handsome... 

Ooohhhh.... I want to cry... Its been a while since i hear his voice. ❤ 

The text on the video said that the chairman is looking at joo won with Daddy's eyes and Daddy's smile... 

He look at joo won while saying he have to finish his military well... Looks like the chairman is exposed by the charm of Joo won.. hahaha.

28 minutes ago, kittyna said:

By the way, I've seen really decent shots of JW in uniform before, but this is definitely more elaborate than what I usually see: with the chain and armband on one side, and the white cord on the other. I don't know much of anything about Korea's military uniforms - or military uniforms in general - so does anyone know what those might mean?

I don't know either... all i know that he looks so good in that full army uniform... maybe @airplanegirl can explain it to us... :D

• Like 1