Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

Source  http://travel.innolife.net/innoreport/list.php?ac_id=4&ai_id=7727

Baker King Kim Tak Gu “Even the role was a villain,  Joo Won was thankful for being loved”

innolife2010101.jpg

Joo Won is a rookie actor who played the role of Gu Ma Jun, an antagonist and also a love rival to Kim Tak Gu in drama “Baker King Kim Tak Gu” which achieved an astounding viewer rating of more than 50%.  Innolife had a chance meeting this tall and handsome looking man whose sadness and tearful eyes in the drama had fluttered the hearts of many Korean women.

In the drama, Joo Won portrayed the role of a very cool-headed man, Gu Ma Jun.  However, his face was just like a “boy” as he opened the door and walked into our studio for the interview.  The moment seeing him casting his sheep’s eyes and laughing, the atmosphere in the studio suddenly became so warm.   A common saying “it is like an appearance of a comet” could be applied to Joo Won.  He has been preparing himself for a long time to become an artist.  “In the 3rd year of junior high school, in order to correct my passive personality, my parents suggested me going to attend the drama class.  Coincidentally at that time, I had a chance standing on the stage, it was a short time but I found it the most interesting thing in my whole life and at that moment I felt like I wanted to do my very best.”  After starting his acting in junior high school, he went to attend high school of art and then studied acting as a major at university.  Because Joo Won accumulated lots of basic techniques, that’s why he can naturally feel his “success” today.

Debut in drama was a success!  Playing the role of Gu Ma Jun does mean a lot to Joo Won.

“When I first read the script, I shed tears because Gu Ma Jun’s character was very pathetic.  I thought it would be an assignment to me to precisely express Ma Jun’s feelings.   Was it because he grew up with sufferings since his childhood, that’s why he became a villain.  I wouldn’t like viewers to see him as “because of his sufferings, it was understandable that he would be behaving like that”, and also he did not want to forget the sufferings in his childhood.    Villain has bad behavior and does bad things, it would be good if viewers would show compassion and I thought if he was to be loved like that, it would be good.  I was thankful for receiving so much love, I think I will never forget the character of Ma Jun.”

It was already more than 2 months since completion of Baker King KTG but when we talked about this drama while I was looking deep into Joo Won’s eyes, I could see Ma Jun was still there.  Joo Won said “Ma Jun came to my dream.  I was just standing somewhere there and watching him.  When I saw him crying in front of his father played by Jeon Kwang Ryul sunbae, I felt very sad, even when I was sleeping, my tears were still running.  That was the time when I read the script and I felt Ma Jun was very unfortunate.   This regrettable feelings still remains deep in the bottom of my heart.”  Even in his sleep, Joo Won was dreaming of Ma Jun, it wouldn’t be easy at all for Joo Won saying farewell to Ma Jun.

innolife2010102.jpg

Most of the people would have known Joo Won made his debut in musical.   The meaning of “stage” is exceptional for an actor who started from the “stage”.   To Joo Won, what does musical mean to him?

“To me, musical stage is like home.  Even I keep working on other areas all the time, I think stage is the place where I will not give up.  After filming the drama, I wanted to go and see musical.  Even it is not the musical I perform, I know the tension of standing on stage will make my heart throb.  I wonder when I will be standing on stage again.”  Joo Won played 6 musicals since his debut in Altar Boyz back in 2006.   In 2009, he played the lead role in Spring Awakening and competed for the Best New Actor Award of the Musical Award with JYJ’s Junsu.

In musical industry, Joo Won is regarded as a prospective stock but he is a stranger to TV viewers.  Now he has become a star after one drama, are there any big changes to his daily life?

“I think when I am on my own, I am calmer and quieter than before.  Also I found worries to my acting had increased.   I always worry about figuring out how to improve my acting while playing a particular character.  I think being an artist does put lots of weight on my shoulders, that’s the reason why I must worry about it even more.”    He has been enjoying his acting, anyway for him being so adhered to acting, it seems to be a problem.  However, wouldn’t it be the proof of him growing up from an artist to an actor?

If this is the case, what sort of actor does he want to become?

“Popularity is certainly important but I want to become an actor who can master well with playing any kind of role.  I want to play a role which does not match the real me at all.  I want to express the role with my unique colours.  There is no absolute answer to acting, isn’t it? I think I have to figure out how to improve my acting with my own ways and this will be my lifetime assignment.  I want to challenge anything about acting.  I don’t feel regret no matter what the result is.  I am still young and this is the time I need to improve my acting and I can see it as my experience, therefore I have no regrets.”  Joo Won’s eyes were sparkling even more when he was talking about his views on acting and his goals as an actor.    That was also the moment to imagine how he has been progressing step by step in order to reach his goals.

Joo Won is a very motivated actor and also a very sensible actor who works hard on how to utilize well with his strength to express the character he wants to play.  He is attracting lots of anticipation from viewers for him being a sincere and pure actor who will passionately put in all his efforts to play any kind of character with his own interpretation.

Photo credit  Innolife

My comments:

I was browsing to read some old interviews the other day and somehow found this piece.  It sounds strange that I always visit innolife but never came across with this article before.

The interview was apparently done in 2010.  He looked so young, fresh, pure and simple at that time.  He still looks the same but I think you may agree with me that there is a bit of maturity added to his current appearance.  I recalled the articles of Ghost PR and also his interviews after 7G, the answers  he had given to the reporters were no difference to the answers he gave to Innolife 3 years ago.   His passion towards musical and views on acting never change at all.  He is still the same Joo Won we knew 3 years ago.

Now I need some help, I tried to install the plug-in in my PC and Mac to run on chrome and safari to play the vid of this interview however I didn’t have any luck at all.

I know there are some IT guru here, could you please have a look at the links below and see if you can upload them to YT for us to share.  I went through Innolife channel in YT but these 2 vids are not included in their playlist.  Bummer!!  I want to see him casting his sheep’s eyes.  If the reporter was amazed by him 3 years ago, I wanted to see that too.   Any difference between 3 years ago and now? 

Thanks in advance.

http://www.innolife.tv/list.php?ac_id=15&ai_id=7813

http://www.innolife.tv/list.php?ac_id=15&ai_id=7812

photo credit  Innolife

• Like 1

manyearsago said:

Baker King Kim Tak Gu “Even the role was a villain,  Joo Won was thankful for being loved”

Joo Won is a rookie actor who played the role of Gu Ma Jun, an antagonist and also a love rival to Kim Tak Gu in drama “Baker King Kim Tak Gu” which achieved an astounding viewer rating of more than 50%.  Innolife had a chance meeting this tall and handsome looking man whose sadness and tearful eyes in the drama had fluttered the hearts of many Korean women. I couldn't agree more, not just Korean women but women all over the world

In the drama, Joo Won portrayed the role of a very cool-headed man, Gu Ma Jun.  However, his face was just like a “boy” as he opened the door and walked into our studio for the interview.  The moment seeing him casting his sheep’s eyes and laughing, the atmosphere in the studio suddenly became so warm.   A common saying “it is like an appearance of a comet” could be applied to Joo Won.  He has been preparing himself for a long time to become an artist.  “In the 3rd year of junior high school, in order to correct my passive personality, my parents suggested me going to attend the drama class.  Coincidentally at that time, I had a chance standing on the stage, it was a short time but I found it the most interesting thing in my whole life and at that moment I felt like I wanted to do my very best.”  After starting his acting in junior high school, he went to attend high school of art and then studied acting as a major at university.  Because Joo Won accumulated lots of basic techniques, that’s why he can naturally feel his “success” today. I said recently, Joo Won stands out from many popular actors these days because he had always wanted to act. Acting is his first love and passion. Although he debut only 4 years ago, he had actually been studying and preparing his acting skills for a long time

Debut in drama was a success!  Playing the role of Gu Ma Jun does mean a lot to Joo Won.

“When I first read the script, I shed tears because Gu Ma Jun’s character was very pathetic.  I thought it would be an assignment to me to precisely express Ma Jun’s feelings.   Was it because he grew up with sufferings since his childhood, that’s why he became a villain.  I wouldn’t like viewers to see him as “because of his sufferings, it was understandable that he would be behaving like that”, and also he did not want to forget the sufferings in his childhood.    Villain has bad behavior and does bad things, it would be good if viewers would show compassion and I thought if he was to be loved like that, it would be good.  I was thankful for receiving so much love, I think I will never forget the character of Ma Jun.” This makes me want Joo Won to take on a kind of villain role in the future because as long as the script is well written, he can make viewers feel compassion and sympathy for him even if his role is a villainous one. He delves so much into his character and shows how mature and insightful he is. He is what I call an intelligent actor.

It was already more than 2 months since completion of Baker King KTG but when we talked about this drama while I was looking deep into Joo Won’s eyes, I could see Ma Jun was still there.  Joo Won said “Ma Jun came to my dream.  I was just standing somewhere there and watching him.  When I saw him crying in front of his father played by Jeon Kwang Ryul sunbae, I felt very sad, even when I was sleeping, my tears were still running.  That was the time when I read the script and I felt Ma Jun was very unfortunate.   This regrettable feelings still remains deep in the bottom of my heart.”  Even in his sleep, Joo Won was dreaming of Ma Jun, it wouldn’t be easy at all for Joo Won saying farewell to Ma Jun. This brings to my mind one of my favorite scenes in Baker King KTG. It's the one where Ma Jun confesses to his father that he was a witness to his grandmother's death and he told his father he was sorry to be born. Joo Won act this scene perfectly. He looked so pitiful that my heart went out to him. He truly made the viewers see that Ma Jun was not evil but a boy who yearn for his father's love and approval and thought that he could get it by pushing aside KTG.

Most of the people would have known Joo Won made his debut in musical.   The meaning of “stage” is exceptional for an actor who started from the “stage”.   To Joo Won, what does musical mean to him?

To me, musical stage is like home.  Even I keep working on other areas all the time, I think stage is the place where I will not give up.  After filming the drama, I wanted to go and see musical.  Even it is not the musical I perform, I know the tension of standing on stage will make my heart throb.  I wonder when I will be standing on stage again.”  Joo Won played 6 musicals since his debut in Altar Boyz back in 2006.   In 2009, he played the lead role in Spring Awakening and competed for the Best New Actor Award of the Musical Award with JYJ’s Junsu. My goodness, I just translated the video of the Ghost Press Conference and Joo Won has not changed a bit. I have translated this part before but it just gives me goosebumps reading it again. Also, I didn't know he competed with Junsu for the award. At that time, my loyalty was with Junsu, now it's completely different.

In musical industry, Joo Won is regarded as a prospective stock but he is a stranger to TV viewers.  Now he has become a star after one drama, are there any big changes to his daily life?

“I think when I am on my own, I am calmer and quieter than before.  Also I found worries to my acting had increased.   I always worry about figuring out how to improve my acting while playing a particular character.  I think being an artist does put lots of weight on my shoulders, that’s the reason why I must worry about it even more.”    He has been enjoying his acting, anyway for him being so adhered to acting, it seems to be a problem.  However, wouldn’t it be the proof of him growing up from an artist to an actor? I really felt his stress during Bridal Mask. And we all know how 7LCS went. So in a way, I am glad that he has learned to take these pressures in his stride because it will be better for his well being in the long haul. I also want him to enjoy acting and not be too encumbered by other issues.

If this is the case, what sort of actor does he want to become?

“Popularity is certainly important but I want to become an actor who can master well with playing any kind of role.  I want to play a role which does not match the real me at all.  I want to express the role with my unique colours.  There is no absolute answer to acting, isn’t it? I think I have to figure out how to improve my acting with my own ways and this will be my lifetime assignment.  I want to challenge anything about acting.  I don’t feel regret no matter what the result is.  I am still young and this is the time I need to improve my acting and I can see it as my experience, therefore I have no regrets.”  Joo Won’s eyes were sparkling even more when he was talking about his views on acting and his goals as an actor.    That was also the moment to imagine how he has been progressing step by step in order to reach his goals. I am so proud of him and happy that this person who I am enamored with, has more great works to come. He knows popularity is important but above that he loves his craft too much to let fame and popularity supercede it. I dislike it when actors are afraid to challenge themselves, to be versatile and stay in their comfort role. Even if Joo Won fails in any of his undertaking, I am comforted that he tried and does it without any regrets

Joo Won is a very motivated actor and also a very sensible actor who works hard on how to utilize well with his strength to express the character he wants to play.  He is attracting lots of anticipation from viewers for him being a sincere and pure actor who will passionately put in all his efforts to play any kind of character with his own interpretation.

My comments:

I was browsing to read some old interviews the other day and somehow found this piece.  It sounds strange that I always visit innolife but never came across with this article before.

The interview was apparently done in 2010.  He looked so young, fresh, pure and simple at that time.  He still looks the same but I think you may agree with me that there is a bit of maturity added to his current appearance.  I recalled the articles of Ghost PR and also his interviews after 7G, the answers  he had given to the reporters were no difference to the answers he gave to Innolife 3 years ago.   His passion towards musical and views on acting never change at all.  He is still the same Joo Won we knew 3 years ago.

manyearsago said: d views on acting never change at all.  He is still the same Joo Won we knew 3 years ago.

Now I need some help, I tried to install the plug-in in my PC and Mac to run on chrome and safari to play the vid of this interview however I didn’t have any luck at all.

I know there are some IT guru here, could you please have a look at the links below and see if you can upload them to YT for us to share.  I went through Innolife channel in YT but these 2 vids are not included in their playlist.  Bummer!!  I want to see him casting his sheep’s eyes.  If the reporter was amazed by him 3 years ago, I wanted to see that too.   Any difference between 3 years ago and now? 

Thanks in advance.

http://www.innolife.tv/list.php?ac_id=15&ai_id=7813

http://www.innolife.tv/list.php?ac_id=15&ai_id=7812

photo credit  Innolife

Guest Mishiellie

o my gosh my lovely JW thread....
I have been soo busy.......... I am officially almost 40 pages behind....
I am never going to catch up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
popping in to say Hi again.... I did not forget about you guys!!!

In this clip Joowon was also asked to sing a song. I dont know what song's name is but I cant deny that he has a really good voice.
It starts 2:26.
He looks so sexy and yummy with thick makeup. =P~
My heart melt too @coolreborn
:))

Attention: Group Tweets on May 9, 2013

Hello Girls!!!

I am just reminding you about our Joo Won Soompi Group Tweet on May 9, 2013.

Format of tweet:

@moonjunwon <message in your language or in English> Frm 주원 Soompi Int'l Fans - <Your Country>

ex.
@moonjunwon Awesome Acting! Fighting!!! Frm 주원 Soompi Int'l Fans - Antarctica   

or

@moonjunwon Ang Galing Galing mo! Laban!! Frm 주원 Soompi Int'l Fans - Philippines  
(jeez, hard to translate but its the same as the English one, :)))

I think its ok if we tweet our message in our language or in English as long as the thought is there.

And yeah, one more thing....

Note: I think your twitter account should not be in Protected Mode if you want Joo Won to read your tweets.

About Protected Tweets

When you protect your Tweets, the following restrictions are put in place:

• People will have to request to follow you; each follow request will need approval.
  • Your Tweets will only be visible to users you've approved.
  • Other users will not be able to retweet your Tweets. 
  • Protected Tweets will not appear in Twitter search or Google search.
  • @Replies you send to people who aren't following you will not be seen by those users (because you have not given them permission to see your Tweets).
  • You cannot share permanent links to your Tweets with anyone other than your approved followers.

fr Twitter Support

--> I know you want your twitter account to be protected for some reasons but if you want Cutie to read your tweets to him, then you have to make it Public unless if he followed you, then there will be no problem. :)>-

Joo Won Fighting!!! Joo Won Soompi Girls, Fighting!!!

cutieghostmusical53.jpg

Guest Mishiellie

May 9th... I am going to be at work... well its going to be may 8th for me,,, man.. I shall try to tweet it!!!
Its going to be like the 3rd day at my new job! I have to be super careful T^T

goldlotus said:

In this clip Joowon was also asked to sing a song. I dont know what song's name is but I cant deny that he has a really good voice.
It starts 2:26.
He looks so sexy and yummy with thick make up. =P~
My heart melt too @coolreborn
:)) :-) .
I think it bakery king ost my love sung by him 
Yes his singing is very good esp live 

coolreborn

said: [color=#000099][size=5]

Attention: Group Tweets on May 9, 2013

[/size][/color]

Hello Girls!!!

[color=#000099][size=3]I am just reminding you about our Joo Won Soompi Group Tweet on May 9, 2013.[/size][/color]

Format of tweet:

[color=#990000][size=3]@moonjunwon

<message in your language or in English> Frm 주원 Soompi Int'l Fans - <Your Country>

ex.

@moonjunwon Awesome Acting! Fighting!!! Frm

주원 Soompi Int'l Fans - Antarctica   

or

@moonjunwon Ang Galing Galing mo! Laban!! Frm

주원 Soompi Int'l Fans - Philippines  
(jeez, hard to translate but its the same as the English one, :)))

[color=#000099][size=3]I think its ok if we tweet our message in our language or in English as long as the thought is there.

And yeah, one more thing....

Note: I think your twitter account should not be in Protected Mode if you want Joo Won to read your tweets. [/size][/color]

About Protected Tweets

[size=2]

When you protect your Tweets, the following restrictions are put in place:[/size]

• People will have to request to follow you; each follow request will need approval.
  • Your Tweets will only be visible to users you've approved.
  • Other users will not be able to retweet your Tweets. 
  • Protected Tweets will not appear in Twitter search or Google search.
  • @Replies you send to people who aren't following you will not be seen by those users (because you have not given them permission to see your Tweets).
  • You cannot share permanent links to your Tweets with anyone other than your approved followers.

fr Twitter Support

--> I know you want your twitter account to be protected for some reasons but if you want Cutie to read your tweets to him, then you have to make it Public unless if he followed you, then there will be no problem. :)>-

Joo Won Fighting!!! Joo Won Soompi Girls, Fighting!!!