Joo Won 주원 [Drama- The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

6 hours ago, Ma OO said:

panda+butt+kick.jpg

What I want to do to Sim Entertainment now.

Joo Won confirmed another Chinese drama.Lucky Romance is taken by another actor.

Is it really really confirmed already? I don't see this 'news' on JW Baidu, not sure is it because it's still not confirmed and they don't want to post speculations?  I'm still hoping that this turns out to be a false alarm.

Saw more info on the plot. Seems to concentrate more on the female character =_="

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rionae said:

Is it really really confirmed already? I don't see this 'news' on JW Baidu, not sure is it because it's still not confirmed and they don't want to post speculations?  I'm still hoping that this turns out to be a false alarm.

Saw more info on the plot. Seems to concentrate more on the female character =_="

I hope it is not.I really hope it is not. I got my friend to check weibo and there was news about that.Maybe we should wait for more news.If there is 0.001 chance of it being fake,I will be dancing in the rain because I just can't stand him taking this drama.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rionae said:

I got to hand it to Sim for their superb PR skills. There's been a flurry of angry posts on DC and yet there's absolute silence from Sim and JW. Besides expletives, military enlistment is also brought up. As to what connection exists between the C drama and his MS, I have no idea. 

My take is this, if the news is false, surely Sim would clarify. I don't think Korean fans are going to be pleased if they were tearing their hair out only to realize days later that it's all for nothing. Now, if it's true, why the silence? Is Joo Won going to post a bowl of 'cooked rice' on his IG? 

Yes, there's been no news on Baidu regarding this drama. Actually someone posted it. Well, nothing goes unnoticed on Chinese social media no matter how you want to bury it. Then the post disappeared. But not before one fan commented that if it's true, she hopes that Joo Won would quietly film the drama and then enlist without further issues. 

On hindsight, I think it'd actually be best if he enlisted shortly after Yong Pal.

I am going to adopt Sim's approach and pretend nothing is happening. Better still, I'd just think that he has already enlisted - serve the agency + serve the country. Till 3 years then...

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, ecs707a said:

This one?

93CjTbn.jpg

Am I right?

:D

Okay, maybe not.  Welcome! 

Spoiler

No...is the one he found Nae-il at her hometown and hugged her from behind...my heart skipped a beat when it happened :w00t::wub:

Haha the one u posted i wished I was there to rescue him immediately! :P

Edited by joofangirl
Photo not able to attach
  • Like 1

The poster of Sweet Sixteen and they didnt even include Joo Won in poster or even in cast list.

Everything about Joo won and those Chinese dramas/movie scream "Tiredsome" for me nowadays.I blame on SIM ,so disappointing.Poor Joo Won.I hope he do fine.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, joofangirl said:
  Reveal hidden contents

No...is the one he found Nae-il at her hometown and hugged her from behind...my heart skipped a beat when it happened :w00t::wub:

Haha the one u posted i wished I was there to rescue him immediately! :P

2 hours ago, Ma OO said:

The poster of Sweet Sixteen and they didnt even include Joo Won in poster or even in cast list.

Everything about Joo won and those Chinese dramas/movie scream "Tiredsome" for me nowadays.I blame on SIM ,so disappointing.Poor Joo Won.I hope he do fine.

Coz he's going for MS soon...they prob think it is better worth their effort n $$ to promote other artist? I hope this is a wake up call for him and he can decide to renew contract or seek out another agency who treats him like a human than a robot...오라방 fighting!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ma OO said:

His name is there in the small small texts at the bottom... the fifth one. Eh, there's someone else who is more important than him after that 3?

Bigger pic here: http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/7077dc1djw1f28947j6pdj21kw27t4qp.jpg 

Geez. They have to spend so much effort for this c-movie, even learning Chinese, and now he's not even on the poster -.-

• Like 3

1 hour ago, joofangirl said:

Coz he's going for MS soon...they prob think it is better worth their effort n $$ to promote other artist? I hope this is a wake up call for him and he can decide to renew contract or seek out another agency who treats him like a human than a robot...오라방 fighting!

Yes..Wake up call.Apparently,Sim cant wake up so JW should and start searching for new company.I was really upset when his Chinese fans go and tell him to quit Sim back in 2015.But look like it was needed,given the fact that he was treated like this.He is sort of "VIP" there. BUT it is like how they care for one particular milk cow because it give them profits.Then abuse it.

1 hour ago, rionae said:

His name is there in the small small texts at the bottom... the fifth one. Eh, there's someone else who is more important than him after that 3?

Bigger pic here: http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/7077dc1djw1f28947j6pdj21kw27t4qp.jpg 

Geez. They have to spend so much effort for this c-movie, even learning Chinese, and now he's not even on the poster -.-

The fifth one? SMALL ONE! I barely could see...It is sad.We all know he was so excited and learnt Chinese really hard for this.Yet it is in 5th one and he was not in poster!

You know,how pathetic is that Even Kris fans are asking where is JW and that he is equally important as Hangeng's character!Some are even pitied for him...Joo Won is clearly not popular and does not have large fandom but he is well respected actor and well known by other.They should give him some respect.Where the heck is Sim in the event like this? I bet searching another milk cow. 

• Like 1

Let's not get ahead of ourselves and start playing the blame game before anyone has even seen the movie.

If I remember correctly, this Chinese movie is based on the 1st instalment of the popular web novel of the same title which is also published in a physical book form. In the 1st book, the character Qu Wei Ran (曲蔚然) that JW plays is a supporting but important role. The main characters in the 1st book are played by the 2 actors and the actress in the movie poster. It is only in the 2nd book that is the focus is on Qu Wei Ran as the main character. I don't they are able to condense all of Book 2 to incorporate it with Book 1 to make into this single movie.

Really, as fans we do not have full picture of what is the working relationship between JW and his agency. It is unfair to put the blame onto anyone just becoz fans disagree with whatever projects our bias has to take on and make speculations without full understanding.

Furthermore, as compared to the other 2 male lead actors, JW's name is still fairly unknown to the Chinese audience in China and even in the other parts of Asia where there are Chinese speaking communities. Also, even he is so dear to us and some of us here have been following/supporting him for years, JW is considered a newbie in the Chinese entertainment industry, be it in the TV or movie. Lets not forget this fact.

This is just how I feel. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, ctfrsgp said:

Really, as fans we do not have full picture of what is the working relationship between JW and his agency. It is unfair to put the blame onto anyone just becoz fans disagree with whatever projects our bias has to take on and make speculations without full understanding.

I don't know about others but frankly I am not interested if Sim and JW are best of buddies or have a purely business relationship. Fans' dissatisfaction with Sim comes only when they perceived that Sim is not acting in Joo Won's interest. 

Forget about Sweet Sixteen. I am talking about the latest C drama which Joo Won supposedly confirmed for. Supposedly and confirmed are oxymoron. Well, there's nothing but Sweet Silence from both. Meanwhile some JW's fans are hoping that it's not real while the the rest are convinced it is true. Are we to blame fans for speculating? Remember, this has nothing to do with speculation of his private affairs. We are talking about his next project, which I am sure fans are entitled to know once project is confirmed. It's simple, isn't it? It's either Yes or No. If indeed JW has confirmed the C drama, just say so. If fans are angry about the choice then fans be damned! If this is all a rumor, should they not squash it? 

Oh and horror of horrors, what if Joo Won is gagged and suffering in silence? Wait, that's speculation, isn't it? So I am not going there. Let's just go with either one of the 2 scenarios

1. Joo Won chose a C drama, then I can infer that Sim is not acting in Joo Won's interest. 

Is there any ambiguity? Maybe someone can convince me that acting in a C drama with an unknown actress is a good career move before enlistment. Isn't it a given that an actor aims to have a successful project just before he enlist? Not all succeed of course but that's not the point. The point is that the actor choose carefully his 'last' project. Whether it succeeds or not is out of the actor's control. In short, if Joo Won chooses any of those dramas he was offered(Monster and Daebak) or any kdrama for that matter, I don't think fans would be in such an uproar. I don't think I need to go into why he shouldn't choose a C drama, do I? 

2. The C drama is a rumor, then I can infer that Sim is not acting in Joo Won's interest either. 

Is it that difficult to refute something that is not true? Do you let fans fester and simmer in anger and disappointment? 

There is possibly a 3rd scenario. Joo Won is indeed doing an obscure C drama but it may not be his last project before enlistment. Looking at other actors/celebrities, the runway from announcement of medical test/selection to actual enlistment can stretch anywhere from a couple of months to even over a year. Does this then absolve Sim from responsibility? No, it just brings us back to the ramifications of Sim's actions in point 2. Some of you might even ask, if there is that much time, why not do a Korean movie or another drama?

Putting aside any wild speculation of dirty entertainment politics and conspiracy theories, I am forced to conclude either Joo Won makes puzzling choices and/or Sim is not doing right. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ma OO said:

"He" chose this over C'est si bon? Damn.

2 hours ago, mrdimples said:

I don't know about others but frankly I am not interested if Sim and JW are best of buddies or have a purely business relationship. Fans' dissatisfaction with Sim comes only when they perceived that Sim is not acting in Joo Won's interest. 

Forget about Sweet Sixteen. I am talking about the latest C drama which Joo Won supposedly confirmed for. Supposedly and confirmed are oxymoron. Well, there's nothing but Sweet Silence from both. Meanwhile some JW's fans are hoping that it's not real while the the rest are convinced it is true. Are we to blame fans for speculating? Remember, this has nothing to do with speculation of his private affairs. We are talking about his next project, which I am sure fans are entitled to know once project is confirmed. It's simple, isn't it? It's either Yes or No. If indeed JW has confirmed the C drama, just say so. If fans are angry about the choice then fans be damned! If this is all a rumor, should they not squash it? 

Oh and horror of horrors, what if Joo Won is gagged and suffering in silence? Wait, that's speculation, isn't it? So I am not going there. Let's just go with either one of the 2 scenarios

1. Joo Won chose a C drama, then I can infer that Sim is not acting in Joo Won's interest. 

Is there any ambiguity? Maybe someone can convince me that acting in a C drama with an unknown actress is a good career move before enlistment. Isn't it a given that an actor aims to have a successful project just before he enlist? Not all succeed of course but that's not the point. The point is that the actor choose carefully his 'last' project. Whether it succeeds or not is out of the actor's control. In short, if Joo Won chooses any of those dramas he was offered(Monster and Daebak) or any kdrama for that matter, I don't think fans would be in such an uproar. I don't think I need to go into why he shouldn't choose a C drama, do I? 

2. The C drama is a rumor, then I can infer that Sim is not acting in Joo Won's interest either. 

Is it that difficult to refute something that is not true? Do you let fans fester and simmer in anger and disappointment? 

There is possibly a 3rd scenario. Joo Won is indeed doing an obscure C drama but it may not be his last project before enlistment. Looking at other actors/celebrities, the runway from announcement of medical test/selection to actual enlistment can stretch anywhere from a couple of months to even over a year. Does this then absolve Sim from responsibility? No, it just brings us back to the ramifications of Sim's actions in point 2. Some of you might even ask, if there is that much time, why not do a Korean movie or another drama?

Putting aside any wild speculation of dirty entertainment politics and conspiracy theories, I am forced to conclude either Joo Won makes puzzling choices and/or Sim is not doing right. 

I read on DC that the final enlist date for the 340th promotional unit is July 14? So if he is indeed taking that c-drama, which is said to be shot all the way to early July, I don't think he'd have time to do another project before his enlistment. Unless he change his enlistment plan...

• Like 1

The poster made me think of the one for The Prince. Rain, while known outside of Asia, was not shown on the original poster but was included on posters when the movie was being shown in Asia.Posters are meant to lure with the hint of the main story line

Also, if you remember, Joo Won has often said that he selects a role not solely for .box office but for the character challenge to his growth as an actor. His goal is to be a great actor not to be a star.

• Like 4

What I worry  is he is being oppressed and at the same time not feeling the much needed love and trust from fans. As much as I trust him,I cant do the same for his company.The fact that he tries to hold everything in and won't complain...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ma OO said:

What I worry  is he is being oppressed and at the same time not feeling the much needed love and trust from fans. As much as I trust him,I cant do the same for his company.The fact that he tries to hold everything in and won't complain...

Yah...I was thinking the same too...there's something which he wants to say but cannot, and this cause much misunderstanding n unhappiness everywhere...

• Like 2