Jo Hyun Jae 조현재//ジョー·ヒョンジェ/赵显

prissymom

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest josetsk

I was just wondering why there isn't any thread for Hyun Jae & I then I found it today, thanks a lot for creating this thread.

Hyun Jae is the best & I love him.

Guest bubblieri

i instantly fell in love with this guy in love letter. i was like....omw....this guy is seriously cute......[pulls little sister to tv] isn't he like seriously cute?! i mean seriously....even you have to say he's good looking!!!!! i loved him and soo ae's pairup!!!

Guest josetsk

he is so good looking, and I must say even in traditional costume he looks very good too...not every actor can look so good in both period & modern drama.

Seo Dong Yo is the very 1st drama I dl weekly and watch it episode by episode as I can't wait for the complete series to be released. It is very torturing but becos of Hyun Jae, it is worth it. This drama is very nice and I like it very much.

Guest Riezzle

autumn_sangwoofc,

Thanks for the pics. He looks so good both in modern and traditional clothes. And the Seo Dong doll looks really cute TuT

Only watched 6 episodes of Seo Dong so far so I'm really happy to see pics from the drama...

My Korean is horrible so I guess I have to wait for the international release *sigh*

Guest conduongmuathu

K-news from the Philippines... ^_^

********************************************************************************

'ONLY YOU' AND 'GREEN ROSE' ON ABS-CBN

English translation:

After ABS-CBN brought its viewers to the funny love of Lovers in Paris and the quest to fight in the name of love in Memories of Bali, Only You will lead us to Venice, Italy.

Beginning this November, Only You, a product of the same producers of Lover in Paris and Memories of Bali, will be seen on ABS-CBN. This latest series is a modern, romatic-comedy that will surely make your hearts beat this coming Christmas.

Starring are the actress known as the "Only Barbie Girl of Korea" Han Chae-Young and the handsome actor Jo Hyun-Jae as TJ Han in this unique love story.

TJ is a rich and arrogant guy who has never experienced true love. But he will meet a girl whom he will love deeply. Because of this, he cannot explain to himself why he's doing everything just to win the only woman he has ever loved.

Jillian (Han Chae-Young) will learn tricks not only in cooking but also in the field of love. You will see the real recipe of true love in Only You.

But it does not end there! Due to the requests received by ABS-CBN, viewers will see again the heaven and earth love of Jerome and Angela in Green Rose, beginning this Monday morning.

Source: BALITA

Showbiz, p.10

Monday, November 14, 2005

English translation by: Da A of starkoreans[/b

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am so hooked on Only You. Somehow the story works for me, even after multiple viewings. Maybe it has something to do with Jo Hyun Jae. He does seem perfect for the role. He is very expressive; I can feel the emotions he project. Han Yi Joon is given an opportunity to grow and learn and develop a rich and full life. Besides that, he is so darn cute! (A Korean friend told me that Jo in Su Dong Yo does not work for him because Jo looks too modern and model perfect to portray an ancient character. Interesting...we shall see).

I also like Han Chae-Young in her role, even if she has exasperated me to no ends on many occasions. How many times did I think, "Defend yourself, tell them what is really happening." Silly me, this is Korean drama...that would be to easy!

Cooking, strong willed guys, complicated love traingles, a formula that Kim Sam Soon used to good effect, but not once have I thought this was trading on the success of KSS. BTW, which came first?

Guest Riezzle

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am so hooked on Only You. Somehow the story works for me, even after multiple viewings. Maybe it has something to do with Jo Hyun Jae. He does seem perfect for the role. He is very expressive; I can feel the emotions he project. Han Yi Joon is given an opportunity to grow and learn and develop a rich and full life. Besides that, he is so darn cute! (A Korean friend told me that Jo in Su Dong Yo does not work for him because Jo looks too modern and model perfect to portray an ancient character. Interesting...we shall see).

I also like Han Chae-Young in her role, even if she has exasperated me to no ends on many occasions. How many times did I think, "Defend yourself, tell them what is really happening." Silly me, this is Korean drama...that would be to easy!

Cooking, strong willed guys, complicated love traingles, a formula that Kim Sam Soon used to good effect, but not once have I thought this was trading on the success of KSS. BTW, which came first?

Uh ...oh and somebody even told me Gumiho was going to air in the Philippines too. I just hope they will do a decent dubbing. I don't think it's the right season to air the drama though, should be in summer but well anyway, Only You came first, if I'm not mistaken it was aired in May of 2005.

And yeah, Hyun Jae's role in Only You suits him much more than in Seo Dong Yo, esp in the 2nd/3rd episode where he was crying while he was eating Eun-jae's spaghetti, makes you want to hug him... :rolleyes:

:D I've watched the series like 6 times already. So you could say I was really hooked.

:D I've watched the series like 6 times already. So you could say I was really hooked.

Now I don't feel so bad! I've not watched it that much, but since I'm currently re-editing and tweaking the timing of the subs I may get to that point. I'm so tempted to buy the boxset because the subs are really substandard, especially after ep 7or 8. This is not because of the people who re-edited the subs, but because the HK sub rip source is so bad, and the re-edit people don't speak Korean ... like me! This is one of the first series I've actually wanted to buy, but I just got laid off work and cannot justify spending $90 :(

I'm also watching Gumhio but keep getting distracted by Only You.

• 2 months later...
Guest White_Stars

sigh.. i'm going back to school this wednesday.. so i don't think i should start another jhj drama... ><;; (just finished Only You last week~)

well, when summer vacation arrives, i will probably start watching Love Letter! hehe XDXD~

1131964435_693-21_20050620155438cop.jpg

^he looks so cool in this pic! XD

Archived