Best in National Costume - Thailand

WOW!!! Double awards for Thailand. ^_^

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest toGETherONE

thanks for the updates

it's going down... australia vs mexico

gees, i'll have to wait till 9pm pst to watch this all.

Guest Hae_Won

From the Question-and-Answer portion, I'd say that Jamaica and Australia had the best answers. :sweatingbullets: Good luck to the Top 5 ladies! ;)

Lol@ Philippines' cop out at the most expected question.

You'd think such a typical question like that would have been rehearsed or at least thought about before going up there.

Guest Redwarrior

Wow...did any of you see the Judge's expression when Miss. Philippines finished answering her question? :sweatingbullets: It seems like she was too hyper and out of the loop-probably too hyper and excited about being in the Top 5, basically all she did was thank people. Girl, don't let all that excitement ruin the competition!

Guest My Sweet September

Jamaica's answer was really good if you believe in God lol. She still answered well though, regardless. Its her opinion after all and she expressed it in a positive and non offensive manner.

Actually I think everyone answered well except for Venus...

I really like Ukraine. I think she is beautiful. I think Mexico is beautiful too...but she kind of looks smug/bean pie.

Guest Hae_Won

Miss Universe - MEXICO!!!

1st Runner Up - Jamaica

2nd Runner Up - Australia

3rd Runner Up - Ukraine

4th Runner Up - Philippines

CONGRATULATIONS, LADIES!!! :D :D :D :D :D

wow, congrats to mexico this year! she looks really good btw. and double awards for thailand, indeed her national costume is definitely eyecatching.

Guest superjenny

Mexico is absolutely stunning!!!!! She was first for the swim wear and evening gowns (:

It would've been cool if Jamaica had won, but I have no issues with Mexico winning.

She reminds me of Vanessa Hudgens! I also thought Jamaica looks a bit like Beyonce.. Haha

And omg at Philippine's answer. I was so embarrassed for her...

Guest GoRgYnA

Very Proud of Venus! She deserved that spot.

Mexico is a good winner, but I swear Jamaica was gonna win, It was probably because Mexico had a better dress or some judges were athiest lol.

I think Venus was the only Asian.. this was a really competitive year though... VENEZUELA AND USA DIDN'T MAKE IT AND THEY ALWAYS DO!!!

Guest Hae_Won

Philippines on Top 5. I wish she won but oh well. At least it's not the dreaded Ms. Photogenic.

Hahaha! :lol: Right from the start, I wasn't expecting her to win the top award... I was just happy that she made it to the Top 5! ;)

Anyway, I'm glad that there's variety in the list of winners this year. Only one Latina, a black woman, an Aussie (Don't know how to categorize her. Hehe! :P ), a European and an Asian. ^_^

Guest GoRgYnA

Where are all the Asian beauties??

At least Maria Venus Raj Miss Phillippines is gorgeous - a favorite?

No Korea

No China

No Singapore

No Japan

No Thailand

No Malaysia

:unsure:

Venus was already a favourite even before they arrived in Vegas.

Asians were weak this year. Thailand was weak in interview, Malaysia weak on runway... Japan was good but the competition was too tough this year.

Guest tofuni

I was really surprised at Miss Philippines's answer. I couldn't believe that she basically said that her life was "major" mistake-free. You never answer like that!

I was upset that Miss Thailand (who I thought was beautiful) didn't make the cut, but I enjoyed watching her behind Brett lols, and at least she won two awards.

Mexico is so gorgeous! I knew she was going to win when she was chosen for final 15!

Guest deceitful.reverie

I was hoping Philippines would at least be in the top 3 until I heard her answer!

I think Ms. Philippines is really beautiful, and she carried herself very well. She doesn't have that typical "Asian beauty", obviously, and I'm actually glad that she didn't. Someone commented here that she looked "black", and it seemed to him/her that it was something disgusting, but seriously, what's wrong with that? What's wrong with having dark skin and not the common East Asian skin tone and pretty face? Oh well, this Soompi after all.

Anyway, she also exuded a graceful confidence, but not too much like the other contestant who annoyed me to death by moving her eyebrows too much in an irritating way. Her answer, though, was a MAJOR MAJOR (lol) disappointment. I agree with the others that she seemed TOO excited that she didn't even think carefully of her answer anymore.

I also didn't like Mexico that much. She is really pretty (reminds me a bit of Lindsay Lohan actually), but my family and I didn't think she answered the question at all. The judge was asking for the effect, and she didn't talk about that. We were actually expecting her to be 3rd runner-up.

IMO, Jamaica should've won. She's gorgeous, and her answer was what the people wanted to hear. Her dress was ugly, but she still looked beautiful.

The rest of the top 5 were very pretty too. Australia was pretty, but in a different kind of way, like for Miss Teen America. :P The prettiest for me is Miss Ireland. I was also expecting her to get in the top 5.

edit:

I was also surprised USA didn't get in. You couldn't even find her whenever the camera shows everyone. I know this is mean, but my aunt said that maybe she was too embarrassed and just went home. :P

Archived