Miss Universe 2010 tonight, August 23, 9PM et on NBC

Guest GoRgYnA

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest GoRgYnA

some official pics from missuniverse website:

(just posting the asian countries, for other countries u can get from the main website : )

PHILIPPINES

gallery_photo1279532308Philipines.jpg

I'm on the fence with Miss Philippines. For me, she's one of those contestants who will either slide her way all the way top 5, or not make it at all.

Guest danicathao

WHOA these women are beautiful.

it's gonna be a fierce fight for the crown.

It's all down to their personality.

I can't decide who I think is gonna win.

I'm gonna watch it when it airs. :)

Guest bbaumgul

KOREA

gallery_photo1279635842korea.jpg

I'm sorry I don't usually comment on things like this but this girl.. has definitely shaped her jaw line...

She shouldn't take pictures like these because it accentuates the unnatural-ness =S

Guest GoRgYnA

omgshhh, no Vietnam! What the?? Let me represent instead!

Haha you should apply to that Ministry that approves Vietnamese participation in different pageant!

I really find it sad that they can't find at least 1 girl to represent Vietnam this year.. Probably because they are concentrating more on Miss Earth since Vietnam is hosting it this year.

I was hoping they would send Truong Thi May

vietnamtop.jpg

She was last year's Miss Earth Vietnam but days before Miss Earth started, she broke her leg or something and was unable to compete : (

Guest jagerbomb

koreas national costume is always the same each year like its ALWAYS a hanbok .. i know thats their national costume but jazz it up or something you kno >.>

yes THAILAND BBY!   & im goin for russia. this yr singapore is a disappointment ..

Guest illumine*

SUPER OBVIOUS NOSE SURGERY. HAHAHAH! Just look at her eyes. my friends aunt who went for the nose surgery has the similar weird looking eyes after that.

Well your "friend's aunt" can't be half Indian, can she? Otherwise she wouldn't go for nose surgery (as that would most likely account for the tall nose bridge and the exotic look). Plus, if you researched, you would know that she was brought up by a single parent and lived in the middle of rice paddies. She can't afford surgery. -_-

Anyway, first impressions based on candid pictures: Miss Canada, Miss Thailand, Miss Philippines, Miss New Zealand, Miss Spain and Miss Jamaica - they really jump out from the rest.

P.S. Is it me or does Miss Russia kind of looks like Kristen Stewart? A more mature looking one... :vicx:

P.P.S. The possible Miss Vietnam is pretty & exotic-looking too. Gorgeous.

IMG_4200.jpg

Guest GoRgYnA

There are some BAD National costumes this year...

21471317-1ec70ad.jpg

Miss France National Costume - really?

jokep.png

Miss Australia's national costume

5.jpg_42597075_bjork_swan_ap.jpg

Romania

2e3a1vm.jpg

Guest Winnieexxx

There are some BAD National costumes this year...

21471317-1ec70ad.jpg

Miss France National Costume - really?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA her HAT IS KILLING ME.

Guest laffly

Haha you should apply to that Ministry that approves Vietnamese participation in different pageant!

I really find it sad that they can't find at least 1 girl to represent Vietnam this year.. Probably because they are concentrating more on Miss Earth since Vietnam is hosting it this year.

She was last year's Miss Earth Vietnam but days before Miss Earth started, she broke her leg or something and was unable to compete : (

I'm glad you make this thread every year, Gorgyna or else I wouldn't realize these pageants.

So I did a quick google search on Truong Thi May since I had never heard of her. It turns out she had a small scandal involving her faking her ethnic background in some pageants in Vietnam, claiming that she's Vietnamese in some pageants and Cambodian in others. Apparently she's an ethnic Cambodian living in Vietnam. What are Vietnam's rules on ethnic representation in Miss Universe/World/Earth? In any case, I'm still disappointed Vietnam's forgoing this year's competition. :(

Guest PancakeMuffins91

I'm glad you make this thread every year, Gorgyna or else I wouldn't realize these pageants.

So I did a quick google search on Truong Thi May since I had never heard of her. It turns out she had a small scandal involving her faking her ethnic background in some pageants in Vietnam, claiming that she's Vietnamese in some pageants and Cambodian in others. Apparently she's an ethnic Cambodian living in Vietnam. What are Vietnam's rules on ethnic representation in Miss Universe/World/Earth? In any case, I'm still disappointed Vietnam's forgoing this year's competition. :(

There are about 54 different ethnic groups in Vietnam including Khmers(Cambodians), Hmong, Laotian, Kinh, etc. and there all allowed to compete in these beauty pageants. There was a scandal because when she started out in competitions she filled out her paperwork by listing her ethnicity as Kinh (Vietnamese) and she wasn't winning any of the pageants that she entered herself as a Kinh for so she started using her real ethnicity (Khmer) and then she started winning so people were complaining that she lied about her ethnicity to increase her chances of winning (i think the ethnic minorities have a higher chance to win pageants sometimes) but her birth certificate and her parents confirmed that she is an ethnic Khmer. As far as I know, all ethnicities can compete in these pageants since Vietnamese government wants all the ethnic groups to be equal and united.

Guest GoRgYnA

Stefania's Last Video Blog as Miss Universe

46942501.jpg

Click picture to watch

** i remember last year, hell broke lose when she won, but she actually turned out to be one of the best titleholders ever. she really cared for her job and was scandal free.

Guest AAgurl789

vietnamtop.jpg

Truong Thi May wouldn't be a bad choice but Huynh bich phuong is my personal favorite..Hopefully she gets the chance to be sent to some worldstage pageant..*crosses fingers* she's gorgeous IMO. reminds me a bit of Zhang Zi Lin too.

ozooq1279171089.jpg

xwfod1279171089.jpg

fklng1279171089.jpg

19748_108017655879459_100000136766117_213022_4600341_n.jpg

19348_107394295941795_100000136766117_196943_1842786_n.jpg

Guest whizzer's_rose

Miss Venezuela, Ireland and Thailand are in my top three. Though I came from the Phils, I'm a bit apprehensive about Ms. Raj because I saw her Q&A in the Binibining Pilipinas Beauty Pageant and her answer was just so-so but I do hope she gets in especially from what I heard that she's topping some polls in the website- don't know if that's accurate. During the Ms World Pageant last year, I was rooting for Mexico and she almost won.

Archived