overboard a little?

taebins_luver

Guest soompier1

hypocritical and self-righteous christians are very irritating. She definitely had it coming.

i'm not sure what one SHOULD do in this situation, but if i was in your shoes, i'd talk to my friend and apologize for snapping, but for that only. i wouldn't apologize for telling his gf off

this is true, you can apologize for the tone but not the content, I guess.

Guest Vagabond.

I think you did the right thing. You gave it to her straight and apologised to the friend for the tone but not taking back what you said.

Like what others said, she had it coming.

-jsca.

Guest SilkInfused
i said she can talk all the crap she wants about her family, him, people she didn't like, cus i don't know them, i don't care

but if she were to attack my personal relationship with my friends and my bf, i'm gon have to put my foot in her mouth.

Right. This is where you and your friend differs - and it's about time someone had to put the mirror in front of her face. I wouldn't care about being the mature one in this kind of situation...whatever happens happened and I wouldn't regret what was said if it was the truth. The truth is a powerful thing and you cannot stop it from leaving your mouth. Isn't that what most religions are for? Preaching the truth to blast the ignorance of fools? If your friend keeps on tolerating that kind of behavior it just screams that they are shunning from the decision to act to correct her. Not calling on her behavior is negative enforcement.

In the whole scheme of things, if her boyfriend was not going to pull her aside, he can't really expect people to hold themselves back. That's quite a dangerous position to be in. For the amount of religious-tainted vitriol she spews, it's surprising no one has dealt her anything more than just words.

Archived