SOOMPI IDOL 8 - ROUND 1 INFORMATION

Jaeho

Guest JWonNie
did we need to send our song with inst or just voice?

The judges aren't mixing the song for us so you should send what you want people to hear.

If you're doing acapella, then just voice, but if you want the instrumental in the back, you need to do mix that in yourself (or ask a friend) and send it.

your one & only

-jwon

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest szechuanie
Extremely pointless and generic comments about my singing?! I think I've found my favorite judge.

Kidding. Anyways, can't wait to start.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I guess to some people it may not be pointless, it really depends on the person reading the comment.

I do remember you were in one my past collabs.. I can't remember if it was Suju or Big Bang. I'm leaning more towards SUJU (yoriwang) :)

Anyway, GOOD LUCK in the competition to you and ALL the other participants.

JUST DANCE......

JUST SHIMMY......

PANDA DANCE......

PANDA SHIMMY......

Wow how I wished I joined also but I know many contestants are really great!^^

The judges...are really great singers really excited to hear each songs and comments!!! :lol:

I'm really not that active now in soompi^^...Emily and Ceci are judges now...goodluck in the judging!!!

SOOMPI IDOL 8 GO! GO! GO! :lol:

Herlo! ;) Great to see such enthusiasm! WHOOP!
Hi Hi, another question. I'm probably pretty stupid for asking this, but can you enter something with autotune?

I can send you the parts without, but for effects, autotune obviously makes it sound better. It's of 2NE1'S "try to copy me"..

So you see my problem xD

hopefully LOL

Well, just because the original song has autotune in it doesn't mean you HAVE to use autotune.

We're not looking for you to make an exact replica of the original song.

be original.. (and I'd like to emphasize the ~be original~ part) spice it up a little.

If you feel this song showcases YOUR VOICE the BEST then you are welcome to still sing the song, just do it without the autotuning.

If you chose the song BECAUSE it has autotune in it and you wanted to use autotune, then I suggest you choose something else.

Like vocalxiah said, we are looking to hear your voice and not a mechanized version.

^ You can sing in any language. (:

I guess to some people it may not be pointless, it really depends on the person reading the comment.

I do remember you were in one my past collabs.. I can't remember if it was Suju or Big Bang. I'm leaning more towards SUJU (yoriwang) smile.gif

Anyway, GOOD LUCK in the competition to you and ALL the other participants.

JUST DANCE......

JUST SHIMMY......

PANDA DANCE......

PANDA SHIMMY......

True, but any critique is good. (: And yup, it was SJ! =D Also the Butterfly Grave one? I may be wrong. Thanks for the panda encouragement dance, haha.

Guest loveutomorrow
Ummm... if you're gonna record far away, can't you still heighten the volume when you mix? Or are you ggoing to do a one-shot?

Mix? D: I don't know how to mix ><

can you do that on Window's Movie Maker? xD that's the only thing I have...well that, and the other version ><

I guess I can do a video then

Guest T33-Kay

This might be a stupid question but I just want to be for sure, it's an Mp3 file meaning only audio??

There is no actual video clilp.

Guest stephchan86

hi i have 2 1 questions :) one is that my clip is gonna be app. 1minute 52seconds is that still ok? >.< and i wanted to ask if we r allowed to put a background song or does it have to be acapella? o.O thank you :) i'm planning to record tomorrow 'cause today i have too many things to do >....< yay~! so happy to participate on this hehe

edit: lol just read on this page that it can have an instrumental XD thanks ;)

onigiri-kun (I used to listen to you back then...when soompi forums was super old): Actuallly the time limits have changed slightly....your clip has to be minimum 1 minute up to maximum of 1 minute and 45 seconds (few seconds over won't be disqualified).

stephchan86: The judges won't look too favourably on clips above the time limit...but since it's not TOO much over...we'll still accept it.

Guest vocalxiah
hi i have 2 1 questions :) one is that my clip is gonna be app. 1minute 52seconds is that still ok? >.< and i wanted to ask if we r allowed to put a background song or does it have to be acapella? o.O thank you :) i'm planning to record tomorrow 'cause today i have too many things to do >....< yay~! so happy to participate on this hehe

edit: lol just read on this page that it can have an instrumental XD thanks ;)

As Kyo Hanjin said, a few seconds over would be okay but if you're like 15~20 secs over... x: I personally don't like that b/c that tells me that you cannot handle limitations that are given to you in a competition (just my thought :lol:)

and yeah, guys please make sure you read over the FAQs and the questions that have been asked already to make sure same questions aren't being repeated again~ :)

Mix? D: I don't know how to mix ><

can you do that on Window's Movie Maker? xD that's the only thing I have...well that, and the other version ><

I guess I can do a video then

You'll need to find someone who can mix. We are not accepting video files. :/ Sorry.

Guest mayholic

whoa, great great grandmother and my lover are judges

wut hobos :l

[jk] TELL EVERYBODY THEY SUCK ;D [/jk]

oh shiz i have 4 days to find something - ___-

is it okay if I have someone narrating on my clip for like 15 seconds? (if u don't get wat I'm saying...here it is...(click)

just wondering if it is okay... :(

I really can't record a new one right now because of my mic...the quality of my mic became weird I dunno how T_T

so I need to use my previous cover T_T

Guest geneyoonit

oh we were allowed to go over 1:45...

dang it i already turned it in :P

i was debating whether i should cut the intro and add the bridge where it goes crazy instead, but i guess that's out of the question now XD

btw: question! is this time limit gonna stay on for every round? or just for the first few to speed up the process?

is it okay if I have someone narrating on my clip for like 15 seconds? (if u don't get wat I'm saying...here it is...(click)

just wondering if it is okay... :(

I really can't record a new one right now because of my mic...the quality of my mic became weird I dunno how T_T

so I need to use my previous cover T_T

That's fine, if that's the song you're talking about. :]

oh we were allowed to go over 1:45...

dang it i already turned it in :P

i was debating whether i should cut the intro and add the bridge where it goes crazy instead, but i guess that's out of the question now XD

btw: question! is this time limit gonna stay on for every round? or just for the first few to speed up the process?

Yes, just for the first few. :]

Guest hoon-woo

wuuh, i just finished recording and glad i didn't exceed a minute and then i checked the rules and it said the length should be 1-1:45. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah....mine's like 54 seconds...would u guys still be accepting that? also does the audio bitrate matter? see i converted wav to mp3 and was wondering if that detail's also important as far as this contest's concerned.

Archived