SOOMPI IDOL 8 - ROUND 1 INFORMATION

Jaeho

Deadline for turning in clips has passed!

siedited.jpg

ROUND 1 INFORMATION

Update - June 13

So we received 98 clip submissions out of 135+ entries... :/

Whoever hasn't sent in their clips by now has been disqualified. Sorry!

If you sent in a faulty clip, you will need to PM me ASAP.

We've also decided to announce the groups while judging is taking place. Stay tuned.

Host's notes:

The turnout was pretty amazing. We had over 130 entries!

The judges and I will split you into several groups, and they will be announced as soon as possible around June 12th.

For those new to Soompi Idol, the groups are for organization purposes. We're not making you sing together. :]

For now, you should be recording your clips for Round 1.

The clips are due a week from now... June 12.

If you do not have enough time to record a new clip, you may use an existing clip as a last resort.

More information below.

Thanks guys for all the entries.

Good luck!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROUND 1 CLIP ENTRY INFORMATION

Due  Date:

June 12, 2010. 11:59 PM HST (June 13, 5:59 AM EST).

Theme:

None. It's your song of  choice. Just make sure to impress us!

Length:

Must be between 60 seconds (1 minute) and 1 minute and 45 seconds long. 1:00 ~ 1:45.

Format:

MP3  file with the following format: Username - Artist - Song title.

Example: vocalxiah - SNSD - Oh.mp3

Uploading:

Please use Box.net (preferred) or 4shared.com.

Soundclick, Megaupload,  Rapidshare, zShare, and other similar sites requiring long waiting  times will not be accepted.

Send to:

PM Jaeho with the  title formatted: SI8 Round 1 Clip - Your Username Here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Introducing the Soompi Idol 8 Judges!

Chalisa, aka praew257

"Hi everyone, I'm Chalisa. If I like what I hear, I'll tell you. If I don't, then I'll tell you why and give you some advice on how to improve. Good luck."

Ceci, aka szechuanie

"I'm here to make extremely pointless and generic comments about your singing. I have a sausage. JUST DANCE."  

Kim, aka Krazim

"Ayo! My name is Krazim, or to others - Kim. I'll be the nice judge, AKA Paula, hahaha. I've taken Music Theory at a university and had 6 months of vocal training... I'm a judge, because honestly, I wanted to watch along the sidelines yet still participate in it. But yay, I hope everyone has a fun time throughout this~. Good luck!"

Michael, aka Kyo Hanjin

"Hello everyone. This is Kyo Hanjin (Michael Lee) and I will be one of your judges for this competition. My credentials include studying Beginner-Intermediate Music Theory, 7 years of choir as a male soloist, 2 years of classical vocal training, 1 year of pop/R&B vocal coaching and over 5 years of vocal analysis. The experience I've attained judging wise would be judging the semi-finals and finals of the previous Soompi Idol competition and being a private judge for SNT entertainment. Hopefully everyone has a good time and that I will be able to hear some impressive performances. Good luck."

Emily, aka vocalxiah

"Hi guys~ I'm Emily/Emz or vocalxiah sooooo I don't know why I'm a judge but Gayho ajji kkoshuh me to so yea hohoho some people thought I'd be entering SI8 as a participant but I'm participating... in a different way! LOL Don't throw rocks at me if I do some crappy judging... I don't have much knowledge in music theory like kyokyokyohawnjwin nor have awesome critique skills like Chalita/Cecistalker... nor am I a mod like jay to the hoe ajji ....I'm not nice like Krazeekim either.. LOL but it's all good I KNOW YOU CAN'T RESIST ME (huh?) neway I'm not racist COUGHjaehoCOUGH kbye"  

Jaeho, aka... Jaeho

"Hi."

Received Clips

tigerclan

Xiah Myungjin

cinderellaheechul

NymphoeniX

bambishanny

newismyname

soo-min91

meisaeteurn

aza123neo

Fuma

gracefacee

T33-Kay

Launchbackwards

coolazers14

annoyingorange

scentofautumn

`prince

Raix

saranghae ... mimi

Lumiere.

kuwon

onigiri_kun

CBfantastic

geneyoonit

yourstereo

Rawrkino

beautifullycrazy

boadbsklover

Kyung-Jae

sEr3ne

Boluo

ChocolateAndMint

hoon-woo

EverlastingGoals

_Nani_

quarter.life

Tamaneko

an_gelo

Primadonna_is_VIP

JunnN

jaykidding

xxzone2zonexx

saturn

Panda_Lulu

stephchan86

junghiwon

soccer63005

eien29

xiahdreams

LK.

mayholic

xSUNGMiiNx

amaru

the_summerangel

kimjiwoonn

whitemiste

orange_skies

Ariah

Annyon

raddy

Kirstie

celrish

minnilu

Rei_Asuka

Yannick

hotcutie_j

lathidieuanh

KleptoPenguin

keikeikhang

Asianchick1347

sum-chick

Chaekyung13

twinkerbell

Anime_freakx1000

uponashore

Epiphanydawning

yang.runyu

JWonNie

BoA_Fan

~Xiah Love~

dahye_is_here

Kiyoshi.L

loveutomorrow

andie_x

snowolb

Laoell

iamuljjang

benightedxflame

RiderKamen

Pol2ns7al2

jenniferoc

talgi uyu

Miramichi

Brian

Denied86

KPoPEliteCollabs

mishyxlove

sophie_han

iloveshinee^^

Please keep all discussion and questions about Soompi Idol 8 in this thread.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest youngbaebabe23

i'll admit i'm a nob a rapper but i'll do my best and way no matter what!

JuJu FIGHTING!!! nice meet all the judges

Guest xxzone2zonexx

Bring it on *female dogz*.... =) jkjk... hi judges! thanks for the info..gonna get started!

Guest iamuljjang

Lolz at Jaeho's intro. Anyways, this has made me even more pumped for the contest! Woot! =D

Guest cinderellaheechul

aigoo kyo hanjin the tables have turned, i judged you like 5 years ago in aheeyah xDD

i hope i was nice >w>

Wow how I wished I joined also but I know many contestants are really great!^^

The judges...are really great singers really excited to hear each songs and comments!!! :lol:

I'm really not that active now in soompi^^...Emily and Ceci are judges now...goodluck in the judging!!!

SOOMPI IDOL 8 GO! GO! GO! :lol:

Guest aza123neo

Ooooooh this is so exciting! I have the house to myself tomorrow so I will record something then :)

Guest aza123neo

Right, I think I have chosen my song. Now to practice it a bunch and then record it tomorrow :D

"Username - Artist - Song title"

Artist means the name of the original artist?

Yes. :]

Two questions:

1. We can do rap right?

2. Can we do our own songs?

Thanks!

Yes to both. :]

accapella acceptable??

Yes. :]

Guest Kyung-Jae

When will we find out what groups we're in? After the 1st round? or before..hahah

I'm excited! I'm recording today and tomorrow! I have to go out of town this weekend so I'll send it early. oh man, I'm nervous! THE PRESSURE HAS BEGUN LOL

Hope the judges aren't too harsh :P keke

Archived