SOOMPI IDOL 8 - ROUND 1 INFORMATION

Jaeho

Guest vocalxiah
When will we find out what groups we're in? After the 1st round? or before..hahah

I'm excited! I'm recording today and tomorrow! I have to go out of town this weekend so I'll send it early. oh man, I'm nervous! THE PRESSURE HAS BEGUN LOL

Hope the judges aren't too harsh :P keke

I am very harsh.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest youngbaebabe23

if i'm rapper can i just freestyle for the 1st round

Guest aza123neo

Oh now I've changed my mind again. And I will probably change it a million times more before I actually record anything xD

Guest vocalxiah

I am a rapper myself, and that is a creative idea. -thumbs up-

But I don't guarantee that you will get more credit than the rest of the participants because your song is original... We will still count for your flow/attitude/tone/blahblah with the same "rubric" as cover raps~ :lol:

^ i will disown you if you're harsh. no bap for you today.

I will let you pass if you feed me lobster.

JAYKAY

Oh now I've changed my mind again. And I will probably change it a million times more before I actually record anything xD

It's very wonderful that you have your song choice, but please don't spam this thread with that. :lol:

Guest loveutomorrow

I have a really bad recorder (aka I have to sing very far from it, otherwise it becomes scratchy ><) so my volume for recordings are always VERY soft, which might require you turn the volume up high...is that okay? Ah, if not, I'll try with my camera or something ><

Guest Krazim
I have a really bad recorder (aka I have to sing very far from it, otherwise it becomes scratchy ><) so my volume for recordings are always VERY soft, which might require you turn the volume up high...is that okay? Ah, if not, I'll try with my camera or something ><

Ummm... if you're gonna record far away, can't you still heighten the volume when you mix? Or are you ggoing to do a one-shot?

Guest iamuljjang

Can the song be entirely in English? Or must it be in an East Asian language?

edit: Nevermind, I saw the FAQ.

Guest Kyung-Jae

Hi Hi, another question. I'm probably pretty stupid for asking this, but can you enter something with autotune?

I can send you the parts without, but for effects, autotune obviously makes it sound better. It's of 2NE1'S "try to copy me"..

So you see my problem xD

hopefully LOL

Guest MzKiTTo

Hi Hi, another question. I'm probably pretty stupid for asking this, but can you enter something with autotune?

I can send you the parts without, but for effects, autotune obviously makes it sound better. It's of 2NE1'S "try to copy me"..

So you see my problem xD

hopefully LOL

hmm i'd assume that you need to possibly choose

a different song to use as ur Round 1 clip~

becuz i dont think they allow autotune.

since they do want to hear YOUR voice ~

not altered or anything.

so they probably might tell you to change ur

song choice then... buh uhh im not sure tho.

jus my opinion ^^v

Guest Kyung-Jae
hmm i'd assume that you need to possibly choose

a different song to use as ur Round 1 clip~

becuz i dont think they allow autotune.

since they do want to hear YOUR voice ~

not altered or anything.

so they probably might tell you to change ur

song choice then... buh uhh im not sure tho.

jus my opinion ^^v

That's what I thought. xD

Thanks haha

Guest vocalxiah

So you see my problem xD

hopefully LOL

I have written in the previous thread that any type of pitch modification is NOT allowed.

This is a competition where we look at your vocal abilities, not how well you sound with the "T-Pain effect."

Actually....

Feel free to use autotune. But don't complain if we take off points for it. :lol:

Honestly speaking, songs like "Try to Copy Me" and "Sorry Sorry" or heavily autotuned songs will not help you win a competition. Just a small piece of advice~

Guest Kyung-Jae
I have written in the previous thread that any type of pitch modification is NOT allowed.

This is a competition where we look at your vocal abilities, not how well you sound with the "T-Pain effect."

Actually....

Feel free to use autotune. But don't complain if we take off points for it. :lol:

Honestly speaking, songs like "Try to Copy Me" and "Sorry Sorry" or heavily autotuned songs will not help you win a competition. Just a small piece of advice~

Okay understood! Sorry about that. ^^;; I don't know how I missed that O_o

Thanks. :P

Guest Raix

ahaha this sounds like it'll be funn. The judges sound awesome.

I'll have to hand in a crappy old clip cause I've got finals on the 12th -_-

But yayyy~ all the best to everyone ^_^

When will we find out what groups we're in? After the 1st round? or before..hahah

We will most likely post the groups on the 12th. :]

ahaha this sounds like it'll be funn. The judges sound awesome.

I'll have to hand in a crappy old clip cause I've got finals on the 12th -_-

But yayyy~ all the best to everyone ^_^

Well you still got about 5 days to record something new. :) Unless you're busy right now because you're studying for finals.

Oh yeah, about the Autotune issue. vocalxiah already posted about it, but I didn't really mention anything because I wanted the competitors to decide on their own what would impress the judges and the audience. So if you can really pull off the Autotune, wow us with a freestyle rap, acapella, etc... go for it. Get what I mean? ;) You can see, even now, that the judges have very different opinions. =p lol

Guest vocalxiah
We will most likely post the groups on the 12th. :]

Well you still got about 5 days to record something new. :) Unless you're busy right now because you're studying for finals.

Oh yeah, about the Autotune issue. vocalxiah already posted about it, but I didn't really mention anything because I wanted the competitors to decide on their own what would impress the judges and the audience. So if you can really pull off the Autotune, wow us with a freestyle rap, acapella, etc... go for it. Get what I mean? ;) You can see, even now, that the judges have very different opinions. =p lol

But you know you gotta admit we all want to follow the 'Gayho' way of judging :lol:

Archived