Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

Son Ye-jin reveals reason for '♥Hyun Bin marriage' "No preference for romantic relationships with work partners..It was fate"

2024070901000564000081443_20240708000117

[SPORTS CHOSUN]
"People kept saying they looked alike... It was fate." 

Actress Son Ye-jin honestly talked about the moment she decided to marry Hyun Bin. 

During Son Ye-jin's Mega Talk session at the Bucheon International Film Festival on the 6th, Son Ye-jin was flustered when asked about the moment she decided to marry her husband Hyun Bin, but gave an honest answer. The questioner said, "Among actresses, the one I want to see in person the most is Son Ye-jin, and among male actors, that one is Hyun Bin, so I thought it was such a great blessing that the two of you were getting married," and asked, "The two of you worked together on two projects. I'm curious to know when and at what point did you start to think, 'I want to spend the rest of my life with that person,' after meeting Hyun Bin, not as actress Son Ye-jin, but as the woman Son Ye-jin, as the person Son Ye-jin?" Son Ye-jin said with a laugh, "(The question) is very refreshing. Isn't it time to finish?" and added, "Actors meet co-stars while working on numerous projects. Many of them meet there and get married or date, but I didn't prefer that part." However, she said, "Fate is when people keep saying, 'You resemble me. ' I never thought I resembled that person, but people around me kept saying I did. So I kept seeing them and thought, 'Do they have similar feelings?' and we worked on the two projects together, but I think I actually fell for that person on a personal level."

2024070901000564000081441_20240708000117

Son Ye-jin, who was pondering for a moment, saying, "How should I say this?", introduced Hyun Bin by saying, "If you compare him to people from the past, he was a very upright and rational person, like 

a scholar." She then added, "He wasn't the type of person to try to speak well of others or to package something up, but he was very plain-looking and handsome," causing laughter. Son Ye-jin revealed the reason she chose him as her husband, saying, "I think that was a big reason. He was very trustworthy." 

On this day, Son Ye-jin said, "The past two years of marriage, childbirth, and raising a child were the most difficult times for me personally," and "Actors are often selfish, but I think my horizons have broadened and my heart has become softer after having a child. I think it was a time when I forgot that I was an actor." 

While saying this, "When I first started acting, I had no information and no one to help me, so I had to figure it out on my own. My mom was the same. I thought that many people did something this difficult without any problems. Personally, I think it brought me great happiness and even greater happiness. Suddenly, I thought that if I acted, what kind of acting would I do? I thought that I should use these emotions that I was experiencing for the first time in my life as an actor."

2024070901000564000081442_20240708000117

She also said, "Marriage is like entering a different world for all women," and compared it to "There's a lot to do and think about, and in the past, it was just 'work, travel, exercise', but now it's to the point where I have to write it all down." However, she said, "The stability that family gives becomes a goal, and as I started to want my child to grow up in a healthy and good world, my perspective on the world changed. I hope that many people get married and have children. Of course, it's very difficult, but isn't it worth it?" and encouraged marriage and childbirth. 

Regarding the character with the highest synchronization among the roles she's played so far, she chose the quirky and bright Se-ri in 'Crash Landing on You', and the character in 'The Truth Beneath' as the character that is most different from Son Ye-jin in real life. 

Finally, regarding the role she wants to challenge, she said, "I really want to play a villain. I think I can do it really well. Or I want to try an action movie with maternal feelings. For example, I want to try a mother version of the movie 'Taken'." 

Meanwhile, Son Ye-jin has currently chosen her next project. She said, "I've almost decided on a project, so I think I'll be busy starting in the second half of the year," raising expectations for her first project as 'mother' Son Ye-jin.

Spoiler

MC: You're probably going to be very busy in the 2nd half of this year, right?
SYJ: Yes, I've almost decided on my project, so I think I'll probably start preparing it.

"Son Ye-jin "♥ Hyun Bin, I fell for his scholar-like personality... trustworthy and handsome"

0001746172_001_20240708111911429.jpg?typ

Spoiler

0001746172_005_20240708111911619.jpg?typ

[XPORTS NEWS]
Actress Son Ye-jin met with the audience at the 28th Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival (BIFAN) where she attended as the main character of a special exhibition and talked about her relationship with actor Hyun Bin, who went from being a colleague to a couple. 

Son Ye-jin attended the Mega Talk for the Son Ye-jin special exhibition 'Unique Son Ye-jin' held at the Culture Hall of Hyundai Department Store Jungdong Branch in Gilju-ro, Bucheon-si, Gyeonggi-do on the 6th.  On this day, Son Ye-jin answered various questions from the audience and looked back on her 23 years of acting career since her debut. Afterwards, Son Ye-jin was asked by an audience member, "I thought the two of you looked great together after watching 'Crash Landing on You', and I felt so blessed when I heard that such a handsome man and beautiful woman met and got married. When did you start thinking that you wanted to spend the rest of your life with Hyun Bin?"

Spoiler

0001746172_002_20240708111911481.jpeg?ty

Son Ye-jin smiled and said, "It's so refreshing. You spoke so softly that I couldn't escape," and then jokingly asked, "Isn't it time to finish?" before calmly recalling the process of meeting Hyun Bin and deciding to get married. 

Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin, who were the same age in 1982, first appeared in a work together in the 2018 film "Negotiation."  

Despite their opposing roles in the work, they received enthusiastic support from fans for their extraordinary chemistry at official events, and later appeared together again in "Crash Landing on You" in 2019, showing off their immersive couple acting. 

The two, who admitted to dating in January 2021, got married in March 2022 after dating for about two years, and are still loved by many fans as a top star couple representing the entertainment industry.

0001746172_003_20240708111911520.jpeg?ty

0001746172_004_20240708111911576.jpeg?ty

Son Ye-jin honestly confessed, "In fact, we meet many co-stars while doing many projects. Many of them get married or date, but I don't prefer that part." "But fate," Son 

Ye-jin added with an embarrassed smile, and said, "But people kept saying we look alike. I thought, 'I never thought I looked like that person,' but since they kept saying we look alike, I thought maybe we have similar feelings." Son Ye-jin continued,  

"We worked on two projects together, and I really liked him on a personal level." Looking back at Hyun Bin, whom she had been watching on set, Son Ye-jin laughed and said, "How should I put it, if you compare him to someone from the past, he has a very scholarly appearance."

Also, "He was very upright and rational, and he wasn't the type of person who tried to show off himself by wrapping up or packaging things he didn't like. He was that kind of plain-spoken person. And he was handsome and tall, right? Those were really big things. He was trustworthy," he answered sincerely and received applause. 

Meanwhile, regarding the news that he would appear in director Park Chan-wook's new film, Son Ye-jin said at a special press conference held on the 5th, "Since nothing official has come out yet, I'm a little cautious about saying it now. I ask for your understanding and patience to wait a little until the official announcement is made." 

Son Ye-jin, who had a son in November 2022 and faced various turning points in her life from giving birth to raising a child, also hinted at her plans to continue active work as 'actress Son Ye-jin' again starting in the second half of the year, saying, "I've almost decided on a project." 

Son Ye-jin, ♥ Hyun Bin's proud wife who is always proud of him "Simple scholar style... He's handsome and tall"

202407081754468973881_20240708181250_02_

[HERALD POP]
Son Ye-jin has been bragging about her husband Hyun Bin. 

Actress Son Ye-jin, who was selected as the protagonist of the 'Actor Special Exhibition' at the 28th Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival (BIFAN), held a Mega Talk GV on the 6th. 

On this day, Son Ye-jin burst out laughing when a fan asked her what it was about Hyun Bin that made her fall in love 

with him and marry him. She then honestly confessed, "Many people date and marry their co-stars, but I don't prefer that kind of thing," and "But fate is..." She continued, "People kept saying we looked alike. The more I saw him, the more I thought maybe we had similar feelings," and added, "We worked on two projects together, but I think I fell in love with him on a personal level."

202407081754468973881_20240708181250_01_

Also, Son Ye-jin showed her affection by saying, "If you compare him to people from the past, he has a style like a scholar. He is very upright, rational, and not the type to package unpleasant things in a good way or to package himself, but rather an honest person." She added, "He is handsome, tall, and trustworthy." 

Son Ye-jin previously married actor Hyun Bin in 2022. In the meantime, she is gathering attention by directly mentioning the reason for marrying Hyun Bin in a comfortable place with fans after a long time. Son 

Ye-jin was selected as the main character of the 28th BIFAN's 'Actor Special Exhibition'. This special exhibition, which will be held under the title 'Unique. Son. Ye-jin,' will highlight Son Ye-jin's 23-year acting world through various events such as the publication of an actor commemorative book, mega talk, and photo exhibition.

“I was reluctant to date my co-star…” The reason Son Ye-jin, marry Hyun Bin 

B89-D15-BA-5541-48-E0-9037-90-C8567327-F

Son Ye-jin and Hyun Bin's wedding ceremony./ VAST Entertainment

[CHOSUN ILBO]
Actress Son Ye-jin ( 
42 ) candidly revealed the moment she decided to marry her husband Hyun Bin ( 42 ). The two top stars of the same age were called the 'couple of the century' even before their marriage and tied the knot in March 2022. Son

Ye-jin met with the audience at the Mega Talk of the 28th Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival (BIFAN) on the 6th .An audience member that day said, "Son Ye-jin and Hyun Bin are the actors I've really wanted to see in person in my life. I felt blessed when I heard the news that the two of you were getting married," and asked, "As the woman Son Ye-jin and as the person Son Ye-jin, I'm curious about what you saw in Hyun Bin that made you think, 'I want to spend the rest of my life with him. '"

Son Ye-jin seemed taken aback by the sudden question about her husband, but she responded cheerfully, saying, “That’s a really refreshing question. Isn’t it time to end?” and continued to give an honest answer. She said, “Don’t actors meet their co-stars while working on a project? Many people date and get married, but I don’t prefer that part,” and added, “But there’s such a thing as fate. People around us kept saying that we resembled each other, so I thought, ‘Do we have similar feelings?’ and worked on two projects together.” She 

continued, “I think I actually fell for him (Hyun Bin) on a personal level. He’s like a scholar from the old days, an upright and rational person.” She added, “He’s not the type of person to try to make unpleasant comments sound good or to somehow package himself, but he’s very plain.” She added, “He was really trustworthy,” and “He’s handsome and tall,” making everyone laugh.

IMG-1814.jpg

Son Ye-jin and Hyun Bin, a couple captured at Gocheok Sky Dome in Seoul on March 21st, during the MLB World Tour Seoul Series match between the LA Dodgers and San Diego Padres. / 

On this day, Son Ye-jin said, “The past two years of marriage, childbirth, and childcare have been the most important time for me personally,” and confessed her changed life philosophy and goals as an actress. She said, “Actors are often selfish, but after having a child, my perspective has broadened and my heart has become softer,” and “It was a time when I forgot that I was an actor.” She continued, 

“When I first started acting, I had no information and no one helped me. My mother was the same. Suddenly, I thought about what kind of acting I should do and that I should use these emotions that I was experiencing for the first time in my life as an actress,” and “The sense of stability that my family gives me becomes a goal, and my perspective on the world has changed as I started to want my child to grow up in a healthy and good world.” 

Regarding the roles she wants to challenge in the future, she said, “I really want to play a villain. I think I can do it really well,” and “I also want to do an action movie with maternal feelings. For example, a mother version of the movie ‘Taken’.” She also shared her plans as an actress, saying, “I’ve almost decided on my next project, so I think I’ll be busy starting in the second half of the year.” 

Son Ye-jin and Hyun Bin tied the knot on March 31 , 2022 after dating for two years. They are the most active actors in Korea, and their meeting created a lot of buzz both domestically and internationally, as they previously led the Korean Wave together in the tvN drama 'Crash Landing on You'. The wedding was the center of attention from beginning to end, with news of the wedding dress purchase and the design of the invitations being reported in the media, and the venue, Aston House at the Grand Walkerhill Hotel in Gwangjin-gu, Seoul, drawing attention online. The couple welcomed their son in November of the same year.

Son Ye-jin, the reason she decided to marry Hyun Bin is… “I fell in love with him personally”

BC383396-B085-4-A4-B-9-FEB-C81-CFBE54676

Actors Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin's wedding. Courtesy of VAST Entertainment

[DONGA ILBO]
Actress Son Ye-jin honestly revealed the moment she decided to marry actor Hyun Bin. 

On the 6th, Son Ye-jin attended the Mega Talk of the 28th Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival ( BIFAN ) and shared various stories with the audience. 

One audience member said, “Up until now, the actors I really wanted to see in person were Son Ye-jin and Hyun Bin. I felt blessed when I heard the news that the two of them were getting married.” He asked, “As the woman Son Ye-jin and as the person Son Ye-jin, I wonder what it was about Hyun Bin that made you think, ‘I want to spend the rest of my life with him. ’”

Son Ye-jin seemed taken aback for a moment, but continued to answer honestly, saying, “That’s a really refreshing question. Isn’t it time to end it?” She said, “Actors meet co-stars while working on numerous projects. Many of them date and get married, but I don’t prefer that kind of thing,” and added, “But there’s such a thing as fate. People around me kept saying that we look alike, so I thought, ‘Do we have similar feelings? ’” She 

continued, “We worked on two projects together, and I think I really fell for him (Hyun Bin) on a personal level. If you think of him as a scholar from the past, he’s an upright and rational person.” She added, “He wasn’t the type of person to try to make unpleasant comments sound good or to somehow package himself, but rather a very plain person.” 

She added, “He was really trustworthy. He’s handsome and tall,” making everyone laugh.

Actress Son Ye-jin smiles while attending the special exhibition 'Exclusive Son Ye-jin' of the 28th Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival held at the Hyundai Department Store Jungdong Branch in Wonmi-gu, Bucheon-si, Gyeonggi-do. News 1

Actress Son Ye-jin smiles while attending the special exhibition 'Exclusive Son Ye-jin' of the 28th Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival held at the Hyundai Department Store Jungdong Branch in Wonmi-gu, Bucheon-si, Gyeonggi-do. 

Son Ye-jin also mentioned the changes before and after marriage. She said, “The past two years of marriage, childbirth, and childcare were the most important time for me personally,” and “I think my perspective broadened and my heart became softer after having a child. It was a time when I forgot that I was an actress.” 

She said, “When I first started acting, I had no information and no one helped me. My mother was the same. Suddenly, I thought about what kind of acting I should do and that I should use these emotions that I was experiencing for the first time in my life as an actress.” She 

continued, “The stability that family gives can also become a goal. My perspective on the world changed as I began to want my child to grow up in a healthy and good world.”

Actress Son Ye-jin poses at the special exhibition 'Exclusive Son Ye-jin' of the 28th Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival held at the Hyundai Department Store Jungdong Branch in Wonmi-gu, Bucheon-si, Gyeonggi-do. News 1

Actress Son Ye-jin poses at the special exhibition 'Exclusive Son Ye-jin' of the 28th Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival held at the Hyundai Department Store Jungdong Branch in Wonmi-gu, Bucheon-si, Gyeonggi-do.

Son Ye-jin said about the role she wants to challenge in the future, “I really want to try a villain role. I think I could do it really well.” She also said, “I also want to do an action film with maternal feelings. For example, a mom version of the movie ‘Taken. ’” She continued, “I don’t want to set any limits in the future. I’m also curious to see what kind of acting I can show you in the future.” 

Son Ye-jin has currently chosen her next work. She said, “I’ve almost decided on a project, so I think I’ll be busy starting in the second half of the year.” Son Ye-jin, who stepped onto the path of acting in the 2001 drama ‘Delicious Proposal,’ made her screen debut in director Im Kwon-taek’s ‘Chihwaseon’ in 2002. Since then, she has captivated the public with both movies and dramas. She appeared in the movies "Love Story" ( 2002 ), "Classic" ( 2003 ), "A Moment to Remember" ( 2004 ), "My Wife Got Married" ( 2008 ), "Chilling Romance" ( 2011 ), "The Truth Beneath" ( 2016 ), and "Princess Deokhye" ( 2016 ), as well as the dramas "Summer Scent" ( 2003 ), "Something in the Rain" ( 2018 ), and "Thirty, Nine" ( 2022 ). 

Son Ye-jin first met her husband Hyun Bin through the 2018 film "Negotiation. " The two, who worked together for the second time in the 2019 drama "Crash Landing on You," developed into lovers and tied the knot in March 2022. They welcomed their son in November of the same year.

Son Ye-jin "♥ I fell in love with Hyun Bin on a personal level.. Becoming a mother was difficult, but it brought me greater happiness"

202407080907357400881_20240708111704_01_

[HERALD POP]
Son Ye-jin revealed the reason she fell for her husband Hyun Bin. 

Actress Son Ye-jin, who was selected as the protagonist of the 'Actor Special Exhibition' at the 28th Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival (BIFAN), held a Mega Talk GV on the 6th. 

On that day, Son Ye-jin said, "The Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival suggested that I hold a special exhibition, and to be honest, I thought, 'Can I do that? Do I have the ability?' but I also thought it was such an honor," and "As an actor, I think everyone would want to hold a special exhibition at least once, so I gladly participated."

She continued, "I had a lot of big things happen to me personally. I got married, gave birth, and raised a child..." She added, "Two years may seem like a short period of time, but it was the biggest change in my life. It was two years where I forgot that I was an actress and lived thinking, 'I'm a mother. '" 

Son Ye-jin also said, "I want to act well like when I first started, but I have no information, no one helps me, and I have to figure everything out on my own. It's the same for mothers," she said. "Everyone is good at playing the role of a mother, but I think, 'How did they all do such a difficult thing so well?' It was such a huge sacrifice and such a hardship to conceive a life and raise it with all my heart." 

She continued, "Those two years were such a big change for me, and I think it brought me more happiness than hardship personally," she said. "I thought that I had to use the many emotions that I had experienced for the first time in my life during those two years as an actress, and in many ways, those two years were precious." 

Also, she said, "I was used to always having someone by my side helping me, and I had been used to it for 20 years as an actor, but when I had a family and a child who was more precious to me, I had to let myself go," and "Actors have to think only of themselves, so they tend to be selfish. Now, I guess I should say my horizons have broadened a bit. I think my heart has become more open." 

Furthermore, Son Ye-jin caught everyone's attention by confessing the reason she married her husband Hyun Bin, saying, "We worked on two projects together, and I think I fell in love with him on a personal level." 

She added, "If you compare him to people from the past, he's like a scholar. He's very upright, rational, and he's not the type to wrap up unpleasant things in a good way or to package himself, but rather a simple-minded person." 

The 28th BIFAN will be held in Bucheon until the 14th.

Son Ye-jin reveals reason for marriage: "Hyun Bin is like a gentleman"

0000228755_001_20240708114308033.jpg?typ
0000228551_002_20240705152417057.jpg?typ

[MBC]
Son Ye-jin, who attended the Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival, talked about her husband Hyun Bin.

On the 6th, Son Ye-jin's Mega Talk was held at the Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival. On that day, the audience asked Son Ye-jin various questions about her works, and one of them asked, "When and at what point did you think that you wanted to spend the rest of your life with that person?" 

Son Ye-jin whined, "It's so refreshing. Isn't it time to end?" and said, "Actors meet their co-stars while working on many projects. Many of them meet there and get married or date, but I don't prefer that kind of thing." She revealed that she was reluctant to date co-stars in her works. 

However, she confessed that she started to watch Hyun Bin closely because of the reactions of those around her, saying, "Fate keeps telling me that we resemble each other. I never thought that I resembled anyone, but people around me kept saying that I resembled them, so I thought that we had similar feelings, and we worked on two projects together, and I fell in love with him personally while working on the project." 

Son Ye-jin said, "If you compare him to people from the past, he was a very upright and rational person, like a scholar. He wasn't the type to wrap up unpleasant things in a good way or make himself look good by wrapping something up, but he had a very simple and handsome appearance. That was a big thing. He was very trustworthy." She honestly revealed what she found attractive about Hyun Bin, making everyone laugh. 

Son Ye-jin talked about how her life has changed since marriage, saying, "The stability that family gives you can become a goal, and your perspective on the world changes. I hope many people get married and have children if they're going to do it. Of course, it's hard, but it's worth it." 

The Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival has selected Son Ye-jin as the protagonist of this year's 'Actor Special Exhibition' and is screening films in which Son Ye-jin appears. The film festival will be held from July 4 to 14 in the Bucheon area

Son Ye-jin, returning after 2 years of marriage and childbirth… Opening ‘Actress Chapter 2’ with Park Chan-wook

0001136591_001_20240708073109375.jpg?typ

[SPORTS DONGA]
Son Ye-jin is opening the 'second chapter' of her acting career. 

After marrying Hyun Bin in March 2022 and giving birth to a son in November of that year, Son Ye-jin, who had been focusing on raising her son and life as a mother and wife, is once again spurring her 'acting' activities by joining hands with world-renowned director Park Chan-wook. She recently made an official appearance at the Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival for the first time in two years and expressed her determination to return to her main profession as an actor. 

Son Ye-jin, who had been on hiatus since JTBC's 'Thirty, Nine' in 2022, has chosen Director Park Chan-wook's new film as her comeback project. This film is her first leading screen work in six years since 'Negotiation' in 2018, in which she starred with her husband Hyun Bin. Since Director Park has always given 'life's work' to leading actresses, such as Lee Young-ae's 'Sweet Vengeance', Kim Ok-bin's 'Thirst', Kim Min-hee and Kim Tae-ri's 'The Handmaiden', and Tang Wei's 'Decision to Leave', there is even more interest in Son Ye-jin's performance in this film. In particular, this film is known as Director Park's 'life's project' that he has been preparing for several years since the early 2000s, and is receiving extraordinary attention from both inside and outside the film industry. The film is a thriller genre with an original work, and since the copyright issues related to the original work are currently being sorted out, the distributor and production company are being cautious and refraining from commenting on detailed information about the film. In addition to Son Ye-jin, Director Park Chan-wook's new film also stars Lee Byung-hun, Lee Sung-min, Yeom Hye-ran, and Yoo Yeon-seok. As Son Ye-jin finally ends her hiatus with a film by Director Park, it is reported that she is receiving a series of drama offers, as the representative 'ratings queen'. As evidenced by her splendid filmography, the so-called 'Son Ye-jin pick' has been undefeated in terms of both viewership ratings and topicality, and as an extension of that, the broadcasting industry insiders see the pouring love calls for dramas for Son Ye-jin, who has officially made her comeback, as inevitable. Meanwhile, Son Ye-jin attended the red carpet for the opening ceremony of the 28th Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival, which opened on the 4th, and drew attention by officially making her comeback official. Selected as the protagonist of this film festival's 'Actor of the Year Special Exhibition', she also attended a press conference held at the Hyundai Department Store Jungdong Branch in Bucheon-si, Gyeonggi-do on the 5th and said, "A lot has happened in the past two years. I feel like Chapter 1 of my acting career has ended. Now I feel like I'm entering Chapter 2," and also expressed her anticipation, saying, "I'm also very curious to see what kind of acting I can show in the future." Through a special exhibition titled 'The Unique Son Ye-jin' held within the film festival, Son Ye-jin will present six of her representative films, including 'The Classic' and 'Princess Deokhye'.

• Blob 1

Son Ye-jin with BIFAN face… A unique icon that needs no explanation 

0001074898_001_20240707140912946.jpg?typ
Son Ye-jin, who was invited to the Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival's special exhibition 'The Unique Son Ye-jin', is holding a press conference with Organizing Committee Chairperson Jeong Ji-young at the Bucheon Hyundai Department Store Culture Hall on the 5th. Bucheon

[SPORTS SEOUL]

Actress Son Ye-jin, celebrating the 24th anniversary of her debut, has been selected as the representative face of the 28th Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival (BIFAN). 

BIFAN, which has been selecting contemporary representative actors leading the present of Korean cinema and hosting a 'Special Actor Exhibition' since 2017, selected Son Ye-jin this year, following Jeon Do-yeon, Jung Woo-sung, Kim Hye-soo, Sol Kyung-gu, and Choi Min-sik. 

At a press conference for the 28th BIFAN 'Unique Son Ye-jin' Actor Special Exhibition held at the Culture Hall of Hyundai Department Store Jungdong Branch in Bucheon-si, Gyeonggi-do on the 5th, Son Ye-jin said, "I thought special exhibitions were the domain of my seniors. I wondered if I was an actor who could do a special exhibition, but come to think of it, I'm older now. I think it's an honor to have been selected as an actor for the special exhibition, following in the footsteps of my seniors."

0001074898_002_20240707140913002.jpg?typ

Son Ye-jin, who debuted as an actress in MBC's "Delicious Proposal" in 2001, has left behind many hit works. In the movies "Love Story" (2002), "Classic" (2003), and "A Moment to Remember" (2004), she portrayed pitiful and sad heroines that best matched her image. In works such as 

SBS's "Love Era" (2006), "My Wife Got Married" (2008), "The Accomplice" (2014), "Princess Deokhye" (2016), and "The Truth Beneath," she took on unique and intense roles that actresses rarely took on. She played a divorced woman in her mid-20s and also played the role of a woman who had two husbands. She worked hard to show a hidden side that had not been shown before. 

Regarding Son Ye-jin's acting, BIFAN programmer Mo Eun-young said, "Son Ye-jin, who broke away from stereotypes through movies and dramas, is a representative actress of the 21st century, and has led the world of deep acting with passionate performances in each work." Son Ye-jin said, 

"At some point, the word 'actress' started to feel special. I want to become an actress who lives up to the title of 'actress'." She confessed, "When I started acting in my 20s, the images that actresses could show were limited. I didn't want to be limited to that image. I was greedy for different characters than before. I didn't want to set limits. People say that I struggled to play provocative new characters, but I just tried hard to show various sides of myself."

0001074898_003_20240707140913036.jpg?typ

Son Ye-jin, who married fellow actor Hyun Bin in 2022, gave birth to a son in November of that year. As the pandemic worsened and the Korean media industry slowed down, Son Ye-jin also paused her activities for a while. She is determined to restart her acting career, starting with the BIFAN actor special exhibition. 

Son Ye-jin said, “After so many things happened in the past two years, I feel like Chapter 1 of my acting career has ended. Now that I am entering Chapter 2, I am grateful for the opportunity to organize myself and take a leap forward.” She added, “I don’t want to set limits in the future. When I didn’t know what it was like, I was a divorcee, a single mother, and had two husbands. I think I would do it differently if I were to play that role again.”

Spoiler

0001074898_004_20240707140913076.jpg?typ

Along with Kim Tae-hee, Han Ga-in, Song Hye-kyo, and Jun Ji-hyun, she was praised as the most beautiful actress of the 2000s. Son Ye-jin, who has been particularly active in acting, is receiving more attention for her so-called 'Legend of the Leeds era' videos. 

Son Ye-jin said, "When I look at myself in my 20s these days, I think I was really pretty. I wonder why I didn't enjoy being pretty back then. Everyone has a 'Leeds era' in their 20s. Now, I want to have a face that takes responsibility for me." 

If the first act of Son Ye-jin's acting career was a 100-meter dash, the second act is expected to be a long run. She said, "I ran a 100-meter dash for every project. I want to see my acting career last longer. I want to act in as many different ways as possible and become an actor who is by your side," foreshadowing a richer and more diverse acting world.

• Blob 1

[Comprehensive] Son Ye-jin, Begins 'Actress Chapter 2' After Marriage and Childbirth... "I Want to Take Responsibility for My Face" 

0000669567_001_20240705145710269.jpg?typ

[TEN ASIA]
Son Ye-jin was selected as the main character of the 28th Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival (BIFAN) Actor Special Exhibition. Son Ye-jin, who is celebrating the 24th anniversary of her debut, looked back on her fiercely running acting career. Now, Son Ye-jin has also faced the change of being a wife and a mother. Son Ye-jin, who is now in her 40s, said that she wants to become an actress who can take responsibility for her own face and that she wants to have a more leisurely but long acting career in the future. 

On the 5th, the press conference and cutting ceremony for the 28th Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival 'Unique. Son. Ye-jin' Actor Special Exhibition was held at the Culture Hall of Hyundai Department Store Jungdong Branch in Bucheon, Gyeonggi Province.

Son Ye-jin said about being selected as the main character in the special exhibition, "I thought it was my seniors' territory. Am I an actor who should be doing a special exhibition? But when I thought about it, I realized I'm much older. I'm deeply moved and honored to be selected as an actor for the special exhibition, following in the footsteps of my seniors." 

Son Ye-jin recalled when she first started acting, saying, "When I first started, there were general terms like actor and actress, but I wanted to act. I wanted to become an actor who wanted to act. While acting, I vaguely thought that the word actor sounded cool and that I wanted to become an actor too. Anyone can be called an actor, but when they called me an actor, something felt more special. I vaguely thought that I wanted to become an actor who lived up to the title of actor."

0000669567_002_20240705145710314.jpg?typ

Spoiler

0000669567_005_20240705145710433.jpg?typ

0000669567_006_20240705145710475.jpg?typ

0000669567_003_20240705145710356.jpg?typ

When asked what kind of actor she thinks a good actor is, Son Ye-jin replied, "I still don't know. I think a good actor is an actor who works hard and acts well." She continued, "I also tell people in my greetings that I will become an actor who works hard, but I think a good actor is someone who can give the audience a little bit of resonance and empathy, and let them feel joy and sorrow in it, and soothe their hearts." 

Son Ye-jin said that she struggled to play more diverse characters. She confessed, "When I started in my 20s, I think the image that actresses could show at the time was limited. There were many sad and pitiful works like 'Love Story', 'Classic', and 'A Moment to Remember'. I kept thinking that I didn't want to be limited to that image. That's why I was greedy for different characters than before. I didn't want to set limits. 
I said that I struggled provocatively, but I continued to try to show diverse sides of myself."

Son Ye-jin married Hyun Bin in March 2022 and gave birth to a son in November of that year. She said, "There have been a lot of things going on personally in the past two years. I feel like Chapter 1 of my acting career has ended. Now, it seems like I'm entering Chapter 2. The special exhibition prepared by Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival at this time has also given me an opportunity to look back on the past. I am grateful that it has become an opportunity to organize and leap forward again." She continued, "I don't want to set any more limits in the future. When I didn't know what it was like, I played the role of a divorcee, a mother, and had two husbands. Now, even if I were to make the same movie, I think I would do it differently. I'm also curious about what kind of acting I can show you all." 

Son Ye-jin said, "Marriage and childbirth are such different worlds. Having a child and raising it for nearly two years has made me so happy that I realized the preciousness of everyday life." He continued, "Before, work was everything to me. I struggled within it. I couldn't separate myself from work. These days, I'm so happy if my child eats just one meal of baby food. I feel happy that I got through the day well and that the day is over safely. I think my values have changed a little bit. Parenting is hard work, but I feel the happiness of another world. I'm doing well and happily."

0000669567_004_20240705145710392.jpg?typ

Born in 1982, Son Ye-jin debuted in 1999. Son Ye-jin looked back and said, "I can't believe that 20 years have passed in a flash. Time flies. In the blink of an eye, I got older, my filmography piled up, and I became this kind of actress." She continued, "When I look back on the past, I can't really be objective about myself, can I? Through this opportunity, my past filmography was revealed, and I heard the stories of the directors and critics who evaluated me, and I thought, 'I've been running fiercely. I've been lucky enough to receive good reviews despite it all. ' I think I've been running for 20 years while whipping myself. It's rewarding and meaningful." 

Regarding her future plans, Son Ye-jin said, "I think I've worked too hard. I'll continue to work hard. However, I don't want to hurt myself and whip myself too much while working. I want to act a little more broadly and leisurely." 

Director Jung Ji-young, who is also the organizing committee chairman of the Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival, who attended the event that day, said, "First of all, isn't Son Ye-jin pretty? Being pretty is advantageous for becoming an actress. Audiences like pretty actresses. When you're a rookie, if you're pretty, you stand out." He continued, "If you can't act, people say, 'It's a shame.' They say, 'You must have become an actress because you're pretty.' It's quite difficult to be a pretty actress. If you overcome that, you can become an actress like Son Ye-jin."

This special exhibition will be held under the title, 'Unique. Son Ye-jin.' Son Ye-jin said, "When I heard the word 'unique,' I thought it was so cool. As the director knows, there are so many unrivaled actors. Among my seniors and juniors, there are enough to fill a stage. Among them, I think my color is a bit unique," she said with a laugh. She continued, "I still feel embarrassed by this, and I don't really know myself," feeling embarrassed. She then said, "I was an introverted kid, but I had a lot of emotions inside. It was hard to explain. Since acting is a job where you express emotions, I wanted to try it at least once. Since my face wasn't bad, I thought maybe I could become an actress. I think it was when I was in high school," she said with a laugh. 

Son Ye-jin's 20s are considered her 'Lee Ji-soo days' for her innocent and dazzling beauty. Son Ye-jin confessed, "I think, 'That's what it was like to have those eyes, expression, and appearance.' Now, I can never have those eyes or appearance again. The fresh appearance of my early 20s. I thought, why couldn't I enjoy how pretty I was back then?" She continued, "What's more important now is that I want to age beautifully," and "Everyone has their own unique look in their 20s. That can never last forever. I want to enjoy that time, and now that I'm older, I want to have a face that can take responsibility for my appearance. That's actually more difficult, and it's become my goal."

Son Ye-jin cheered on the film industry and filmmakers who are struggling after the COVID pandemic. Son Ye-jin said, "I also went through the COVID period, and I also had a hard time going to the theater at that time. The aftereffects are clearly showing now. It's a shame. My last movie was a long time ago," she said, expressing her regret. She then showed a positive attitude by saying to Organizing Committee Chairman Jeong Ji-young, "I wonder if the time when I often went to the theater and watched movies will come back ." 

Son Ye-jin expressed her affection for films and her juniors. Son Ye-jin said, "Films have always been like home to me. These days, OTT has come out and has developed a lot, but I think films need to make a leap forward. I also think that I should go to the theater a lot. I also think that as an actor, I should show the audience a lot of good works." She continued, "I don't have anything grand to say to my juniors. There are quite a few people who have suffered for a long time and have become actors and have shined. I want to tell them, 'If it's a dream, let's do it at least once. You only live once.'" 

Son Ye-jin also expressed her enthusiasm for her future activities. Son Ye-jin said, "Each project was like a 100m dash. I struggled in it. I want to see my acting career a little longer. I had a lot of stress thinking, 'What if this project doesn't work out?' It was also a sense of responsibility." She added, "If I only do good projects, the number of times I can show you guys will decrease. The movies may or may not do well. I want to act in as many different roles as possible, often for a long time, and have the grand idea of becoming an actor who will be by your side for a long time." She also emphasized, "I want to take responsibility for my own face. As I get older, I want to show you guys naturally and act appropriately for my age." 

Since 2017, the Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival has been holding a 'Special Actor Exhibition' by selecting representative contemporary actors leading the present of Korean cinema. Following Jeon Do-yeon, Jung Woo-sung, Kim Hye-soo, Sol Kyung-gu, and Choi Min-sik, Son Ye-jin was selected this year. 'Unique. This special exhibition, titled 'Son Ye-jin', will highlight Son Ye-jin's 23-year acting career through events such as the publication of a commemorative booklet for the actress, a mega talk, and a photo exhibition. 

This year's Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival opens on the 4th and runs until the 14th.

• Blob 1

'Hyun Bin♥' Son Ye-jin "A different world opens up after marriage and childbirth... I'm happy when I see my son eating baby food well" [BIFAN]

0000669558_001_20240705143710028.jpg?typ

[TEN ASIA]
Son Ye-jin shared her changed daily life after marriage and childbirth. 

On the 5th, the press conference and cutting ceremony for the 28th Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival's 'Unique Son Ye-jin' actor special exhibition was held at the Culture Hall of Hyundai Department Store Jungdong Branch in Bucheon, Gyeonggi Province.

Son Ye-jin married Hyun Bin in March 2022 and gave birth to a son in November of that year. She said, “There have been many things that have happened to me personally in the past two years. It feels like Chapter 1 of my acting career has ended. Now that I’ve entered Chapter 2, the Bucheon International Film Festival has created a special exhibition for me, and it’s given me a chance to look back on my past. I’m grateful that it’s given me the opportunity to organize and take a leap forward again. I don’t want to set any more limits in the future. When I didn’t know how to act, I played the role of a divorced woman, a mother, and had two husbands. Now, even if I were to film the same movie, I think I would do it differently. I’m curious about what kind of acting I can show you all.” 

Son Ye-jin said, “Marriage and childbirth are very different worlds. After giving birth and raising a child for nearly two years, I realized the importance of everyday life, which makes me so happy.” She continued, “Before that, work was everything to me. I struggled in that. I couldn’t separate myself from work. These days, I’m so happy just when my child eats just one meal of baby food. I got through the day well, and I feel happy that today is over safely. I think my values have changed a little. Raising children is hard work, but I feel the happiness of a different world. I am doing well and happily.” 

Son Ye-jin, who debuted in 1999, said, “I can’t believe that 20 years have passed in an instant. Time flies so fast. In the blink of an eye, I grew older, gained more filmography, and became this kind of actress.” She continued, “When I look back on the past, I can’t really be objective about myself. Through this event, my past filmography was revealed, and I heard the stories of the directors and critics who evaluated me, and I thought, ‘I’ve been running fiercely. I’ve been lucky enough to receive good reviews even in that.’ I think I’ve been running for 20 years while whipping myself. It’s rewarding and meaningful.” Regarding her future plans, Son Ye-jin said, “I think I’ve worked too hard. I’ll continue to work hard. But I don’t want to hurt myself and whip myself too much while working. “I want to act a little more broadly and leisurely.”

Since 2017, the Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival has been holding a ‘Special Actor Exhibition’ by selecting contemporary representative actors leading the present of Korean cinema. Following Jeon Do-yeon, Jung Woo-sung, Kim Hye-soo, Sol Kyung-gu, and Choi Min-sik, this year Son Ye-jin has been selected. Under the title ‘Unique Son Ye-jin,’ this special exhibition will highlight Son Ye-jin’s 23-year acting world through events such as the publication of a commemorative booklet for the actor, a mega talk, and a photo exhibition. 

This year’s Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival opens on the 4th and runs until the 14th.

"I didn't prefer to marry my colleague" Son Ye-jin reveals reason for marrying Hyun Bin

Son Ye-jin, answers audience questions honestly: 
"I didn't prefer dating or marrying a fellow actor, but there is such a thing as fate"

0000811080_001_20240708232510732.jpg?typ

[HANKOOK ILBO]
Actress Son Ye-jin has drawn attention by revealing the reason why she married fellow actor Hyun Bin. 

Son Ye-jin met with the audience at the Mega Talk of the 28th Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival held in Bucheon, Gyeonggi Province on the afternoon of the 6th. 

An audience member said, "The actors I really wanted to see in real life were Son Ye-jin and Hyun Bin, so it was such a blessing that they're getting married," and asked, "As the woman Son Ye-jin and as the person Son Ye-jin, I'm curious as to what you saw in Hyun Bin that made you think, 'I want to spend the rest of my life with him. '" Son Ye- 

jin seemed flustered and said, "That's a really refreshing question," and joked, "Isn't it time to end it?" However, she soon confessed, "Don't actors meet their co-stars while working on a project? Many date and get married, but I don't prefer that kind of thing." 

Son Ye-jin said, "But there's such a thing as fate. People around us kept telling me we resembled each other, so I thought, 'Do we feel similar?' while working on the two projects together," and added, "I actually fell for him (Hyun Bin) on a personal level." 

She then confessed, "If you compare him to people from the past, he's like a scholar, upright and rational. He's not the type of person to wrap up unpleasant words in a good way or package himself in some way. He's very plain and trustworthy." Son Ye-jin also added, "He's handsome and tall," making everyone laugh.

Meanwhile, Son Ye-jin and Hyun Bin became lovers while filming tvN's 'Crash Landing on You' together, got married in March 2022, and had a son in November of the same year.

Son Ye-jin, ♥Hyun Bin's height is the same... 1.18 million won luxury brand C's heel height is a whopping '17cm'

0000669868_001_20240708201612259.jpg?typ

[TEN ASIA]
Actress Son Ye-jin showed off her elegant charm. 

Son Ye-jin attended the opening ceremony and red carpet event of the 28th Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival held at the Bucheon Arts Center in Gyeonggi Province on the 4th. 

On this day, Son Ye-jin appeared in a white long silk dress and caught everyone's attention. The deep neckline was impressive, making her slender body stand out even more. 

Son Ye-jin matched it with G shoes, which had a heel of 17cm, making Son Ye-jin's proportions even more perfect. The price is around 1.18 million won.

0000669868_002_20240708201612302.jpg?typ

The jewelry worn by Son Ye-jin also made her beauty shine even more. The jewelry is all Lloyd products. The earrings cost 2.59 million won, the bracelet cost 3.59 million won, and the rings cost 1.29 million won. She wore two in layers. 

Son Ye-jin participated in the '28th Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival' as the main character of the special actor exhibition. BIFAN, which has been holding a 'special actor exhibition' by selecting contemporary representative actors leading the present of Korean cinema, will highlight Son Ye-jin's 23-year acting world with the publication of a commemorative booklet for the actor and a mega talk and photo exhibition under the title 'One and Only Son Ye-jin.' 

Son Ye-jin married actor Hyun Bin, who is the same age, in 1982 and they have one son.

♥Hyun Bin is happy..Son Ye Jin becomes a mother, now even aging through acting 

0005112320_001_20240707132618660.png?typ

[OSEN]

As an actress, a mother, and a wife, Son Ye-jin has begun the second act of her life. 

On the 6th, Son Ye-jin posted on her Instagram, “After meeting fans and audiences during the Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival and returning home... my heart feels so full... the way you look at me... I will never forget those eyes full of support and love..”  

202407061314575471530_20240706132756_01_

She continued, “I am so, so happy... It’s all thanks to you all... I sincerely hope that you all are happy every day. Let’s stay healthy and meet again with smiles. I love you,” expressing her endless affection for her fans.

F8-AC0482-7-C94-4-F6-E-8-E97-3-E44375-BA

Son Ye-jin, who debuted in 1999 through a CF, has established herself as a representative actress of South Korea, appearing in both dramas and movies. She has won over 50 trophies at various award ceremonies, including the Prime Minister’s Award at the 9th South Korean Popular Culture and Arts Awards.  

The 28th Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival (BIFAN) selected this unrivaled actress Son Ye-jin as the main character of this year’s ‘Actor Special Exhibition.’ Son Ye-jin, who became the main character, said at a press conference held on the 5th, “It is an honor, and I am deeply moved to be following in the footsteps of my respected seniors.”

Looking back on when she first started acting, she said, “I wanted to become an actor who wanted to act, and while acting, I vaguely thought that the word ‘actor’ sounded cool and that ‘I want to become an actor too.’ Anyone can be called an actor, but it felt more special. I vaguely thought that I wanted to become an actor who lived up to that title.” In particular, Son Ye-jin resonated with viewers when she said, "In your 20s, you have your own prime time, but that can never last forever. I want to enjoy that time and have a face that can take responsibility for my appearance when I get older. It's difficult, but that's become my goal." 

Son Ye-jin, first official appearance after giving birth… “I’m happy as long as my child eats well”

Actress Son Ye-jin, first official appearance after marriage and childbirth in 2022, "My daily life, which was only about work, has changed since marriage and childbirth", 
"I don't want to put limits on acting"... hinting at various challenges

[YTN | Reporter Kim Seung-hwan]

[Anchor] 
Actress Son Ye-jin made her first public appearance since marriage and childbirth for the Bucheon International Film Festival event. She said that she now feels happy just by having her child eat baby food well, and that she wants to be an actress who will be with the audience for a long time. 

Reporter: “Actress Son Ye-jin, who has a happy family with actor Hyun Bin since 2022 , appeared in front of the press for the first time in a long time. “

Son Ye-jin, who has become a mother before she knew it, said that her daily life, which used to be focused only on work, has completely changed since her marriage and childbirth , and shared her thoughts. 

Son Ye-jin: “These days, I am so happy just by having my child eat baby food well. Parenting is so, so hard, but I feel the happiness of another world.” “I want to act in more diverse roles, more often, and for a long time, and become an actress who will be with you for a long time in the future…”

Son Ye-jin has been an actress for over 20 years, but she hinted at various acting challenges, saying that she does not want to limit her acting.  She expressed regret about the recent repeated crisis in the Korean film industry. 

Son Ye-jin: “Movies have always been like home to me… ( With the activation of OTT ) movies need to make a leap forward comparatively… I think I need to go to the theater more, I keep thinking about that.”

In this Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival special, six of Son Ye-jin’s representative works, including ‘The Classic’ and ‘Princess Deokhye’, will meet the audience. In addition, through talk events, photo exhibitions, etc., we will shed light on Son Ye-jin’s 23 -year acting career, building a diverse filmography . 

Actress Son Ye Jin Opens Up About The Reasons She Fell In Love With Husband Hyun Bin

They’re a true fairytale in real life. 💕

JULY 9, 2024

KOREABOO

FD2870-2-3.jpg

Actress Son Ye Jin has revealed in huge detail the reasons she fell for her husband Hyun Bin.

Spoiler

20220211000170_0 

hyun-bin-son-ye-jin-crash-landin

The duo on “Crash Landing on You”

Son Ye Jin and Hyun Bin’s chemistry was definitely when they starred alongside each other in the hit K-Drama Crash Landing on You. When it was announced that they were dating, netizens couldn’t hide their love and admiration for the couple.

They completed the fairytale with a beautiful wedding back in 2022.

hyun-bin-son-ye-jin-1

Spoiler

allkpop_1649782736_untitled-1

| @vast.ent/Instagram  

In December 2022, they gave birth to a healthy baby boy.

During a recent event, Ye Jin spoke about Hyun Bin and how she fell for him.

In the video, she explained that in her line of work, they meet many people and it’s not surprising that people fall in love.

“In our line of work, we meet and work with a lot of people. And many of us find love, start dating, and get married.” — Son Ye Jin

Yet, it wasn’t something she expected to happen, adding, “Fate works in strange ways.”

“Personally, I wasn’t really into meeting someone that way. But… Fate works in strange ways, doesn’t it? (Laughs)” — Son Ye Jin

At the start, Ye Jin revealed that people thought they looked like each other. Although she didn’t agree at first, she started noticing him more because of the comments from those around her.

“People kept saying we looked like each other. And while I never thought he and I resembled one another, I started noticing him more because of what everyone said.” — Son Ye Jin

GIFToaster.gif

From there, she realized they had things in common and, through work, fell in love with his personality first.

“That’s when I realized we actually have quite a bit in common. We worked on two projects together, and… I think I fell in love with his personality first.” — Son Ye Jin

Son Ye Jin then made hearts melt by describing her husband, and she was honest, sharing how he has certain qualities, but how it just makes him more genuine, even saying he’d be a fine scholar if he was born in the past. Of course, she couldn’t deny he was very handsome as well.

“He was… How should I put this? He would have made a fine scholar had he been born in the past, you know? Yeah, he’s so upright and rational. And he’s not the pretentious type. He doesn’t try to make himself seem more than what he is… He’s very genuine. And he’s handsome and tall, too! (Laughs)”— Son Ye Jin

She then finished by saying that it was those things that helped her fall in love.

“All those things kind of led me to [fall in love with him]. He’s such a reliable person.”

— Son Ye Jin

Son Ye Jin and Hyun Bin have shown that fairytales can happen, and it’s beautiful to see them speaking about each other so fondly.

Actress Son Ye Jin Expresses Love For Husband Hyun Bin

MARCH 31, 2024 | ALLKPOP

1720421249-2024-07-08-2.png

On July 6, Son Ye Jin attended the Mega Talk session at the 28th Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival (BIFAN), where she engaged in various discussions with the audience.

During the event, one audience member remarked, "Throughout my life, the actors I most wanted to see in person were Son Ye Jin and Hyun Bin. I thought you two were perfect together in 'Crash Landing on You,' and hearing that such a handsome couple got married felt like a blessing. As a woman, what about Hyun Bin made you decide to marry him?"

A06-CB0-F3-179-B-4-E3-F-BE07-D9-F7-E003-

IMG-4142.jpg

Initially taken aback, Son Ye Jin responded with a smile, "That's a very fresh question. Isn't it time to wrap up?" She continued, "We meet many co-actors through numerous projects. Many people end up dating or marrying their co-stars, but that wasn't something I particularly preferred. However, destiny has its ways. People kept saying we looked alike, and I started to wonder, 'Do we really resemble each other?'"

Son Ye Jin and Hyun Bin worked together in the film "The Negotiation" (2018) and the drama "Crash Landing on You" (2020). 

Son Ye Jin, who was captivated by Hyun Bin's personality, said, "He's like a traditional gentleman. He's very upright and rational. I liked his straightforward nature; he doesn't sugarcoat unpleasant things or try to embellish himself. He's handsome, tall, and very reliable," she added with a pleased smile.

Son Ye Jin and Hyun Bin got married in March 2022 and welcomed their son in November of the same year.

Son Ye Jin Shares Candid Moment She Knew Hyun Bin Was the One

JULY 9, 2024

ZAPZEE

son ye jin and hyun bin

Actress Son Ye Jin has revealed in huge detail the reasons she fell for her husband Hyun Bin.

Son Ye Jin candidly revealed the moment she decided to marry Hyun Bin during a Mega Talk session at the Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival on the 6th.

When asked about her decision to marry Hyun Bin, the questioner noted, “Son Ye Jin is the actress people most want to see in person, and Hyun Bin is the same for actors. I thought it was such a blessing that you two were tying the knot. After working together on two projects, when did you realize you wanted to spend your life with Hyun Bin?”

“This question is very refreshing,” Son Ye Jin laughed and responded. “Actors meet many co-stars in numerous projects, and some end up dating or getting married. But I never really preferred that.”

son ye jin and hyun bin

She cautiously continued, “But people kept saying we looked alike. I never thought that, but hearing it from others made me start to see it. Working together on two projects, I found myself very drawn to his character.”

After a moment of thought, she described Hyun Bin as, “Someone who is very upright and rational, almost like a scholar from the old days.” She went on, “He doesn’t sugarcoat things or package himself in any way; he’s very straightforward and honest. Plus, he’s good-looking,” causing laughter.

Son Ye Jin concluded, “That was a big part of it. He felt very reliable,” explaining why she chose Hyun Bin as her life partner.

Son Ye Jin Shares Candid Moment She Knew Hyun Bin Was the One

JULY 9, 2024

ZAPZEE

son ye jin and hyun bin

Son Ye Jin candidly revealed the moment she decided to marry Hyun Bin during a Mega Talk session at the Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival on the 6th.

When asked about her decision to marry Hyun Bin, the questioner noted, “Son Ye Jin is the actress people most want to see in person, and Hyun Bin is the same for actors. I thought it was such a blessing that you two were tying the knot. After working together on two projects, when did you realize you wanted to spend your life with Hyun Bin?”

“This question is very refreshing,” Son Ye Jin laughed and responded. “Actors meet many co-stars in numerous projects, and some end up dating or getting married. But I never really preferred that.”

son ye jin and hyun bin

She cautiously continued, “But people kept saying we looked alike. I never thought that, but hearing it from others made me start to see it. Working together on two projects, I found myself very drawn to his character.”

After a moment of thought, she described Hyun Bin as, “Someone who is very upright and rational, almost like a scholar from the old days.” She went on, “He doesn’t sugarcoat things or package himself in any way; he’s very straightforward and honest. Plus, he’s good-looking,” causing laughter.

Son Ye Jin concluded, “That was a big part of it. He felt very reliable,” explaining why she chose Hyun Bin as her life partner.